Weight Loss Support - Asking for input...please.

View Full Version : Asking for input...please.

wesley587
11-15-2010, 06:58 AM
So the story is this....I have been doing South Beach since September 25 and I'm so proud of myself that I've stayed OP for almost 2 months! I had never kept a food journal, as the focus of the plan isn't necessarily focused on calories, but content. I have been bouncing between 227 lbs. to 230lbs for about 2 weeks so I decided a few days ago to account for everything that I put in my mouth and see what is happening. The trend...so hard to get to 1000 calories with my food choices. I could force another cheese stick on an un-hungry stomach, but that just seems counterintuitive, you know. Am I not eating enough? I've googled to find out how many calories are too few and can't find a formula to figure it out.

I appreciate anyone reading this ramble, and any insight offered. Thanks.

JayEll
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Go here:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Jay

wesley587
11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks Jay~ I've looked at that page a million times....but reading a little further would've helped...lol.

losinlish
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Congrats on your weight loss so far - I'm sure that makes you feel good! I would say 1000 calories is not enough, especially for your height and weight. Sometimes when we dip too low, our metabolism slows and tries to hang on for dear life. Of course, if you stick to 1000 calories per day, you will start losing again, but I don't think you could keep it up forever, nor do I think you could have a nutritionally sound intake. Try upping it a bit with greens with a healthy oil dressing, or a serving or two of nuts - not very filling, but healthy calories. My guess is you should aim for at least 1500 calories per day, and you would start seeing losses again ;)