PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #1  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Default Period or something else?

As I have said before, I have not been diagnosed with PCOS but have a lot of symptoms, including the fact that I don't menstruate.

About 4 nights ago, I had brown & pink discharge, then the entire next day I had light bleeding, then nothing since.

Has anyone else had this? Was it my body potentially trying to menstruate like a normal person? It was my first sign of bleeding since January.

While I knew it would be negative, I did take a HPT just in case, and I was right - not pregnant.

Just looking for similar experiences, I guess.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I've had breakthrough bleeding like that before. Usually either because I'm starting or stopping birth control pills or because my body (off BCP) just decided to. It's hormone flux.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_bleeding

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #3  
I shall be released...

Thank you for the information. I am pretty clueless about my own body, and I kind of get my hopes up any time I think I see a sign of fertility.

I forgot to mention how miserable I was the night I had this; I could hardly sleep because I was bloated and just felt uncomfortable pressure in my abdomen. I was hoping I'd have an actual period, but alas!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #4  
I shall be released...

I just wanted to update on what's been going on and see if anyone can relate or if they know whether or not it may be connected to potential PCOS...

I have not had any bleeding since the above mentioned, but I have continued to have discomfort (generally short, sharp pains) in my abdomen, not as much in the middle, but a little to the sides. I developed a pimple-like growth right outside the entrance of my vagina, but it's not a pimple, it's harder. It's been getting smaller and less painful daily. I have had these before, they don't stay. I have had intercourse once since this started and experienced some pain. Also, I have had some yellow discharge. Perhaps there's an infection?

I am new to having insurance so I actually want to call the doctor Monday if I'm not doing better... Just looking for information over the weekend.

-edit- Called my doctor and couldn't get in until the 29th.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 11-19-2010 at 05:19 PM.