Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default UGH Awful Pictures!

So, a few days ago, I posted that I bought this new red dress, and I think I need to lose about 10-15 pounds before it fits well. I decided to put it on and take some pix, so I slipped on some spanx and put on the dress.

Problem is, I get VERY BLOATY at night and my stomach was JUST HUGE.

I've lost 100+ pounds and most of my body is pretty normal now-- arms, legs neck, shoulders, all normal, and then I have this HUGE stomach that makes me look 9 months preggo. It's SO DEPRESSING. My mom carries her weight just like this too-- she always has a big stomach, even though she's actually a skinny little thing.

My stomach doesn't always look this huge. I suffer from horrible bloat and often my stomach sticks out more at night and then flattens again in the morning. No idea why.

Still and all, I think another ten pounds and this dress will look good, and I'm back on target with my exercise and eating and feeling like the weight WILL come off.

Still I HATE my stomach!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1025.jpg (17.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1028.jpg (21.5 KB, 222 views)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hey you quit being so mean to ubergirl!!!

the seamstress in me is itching to put you in something else, more figure flattering and you wouldn't even notice! that skin-tight sheath thing is meant for...oh i don't know... NO ONE but Nicole Kidman LOL but a nice high belt and a swinging swishy A-line and you'd be in business!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #3  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I wouldn't worry so much about your stomach in that dress. My mother, whom is 5'5" and at her "highest weight in her life" at 110lbs doesn't look oh so thin in that type of style either, it honestly has nothing to do with weight. I think you look fabulous. Perhaps you should consider a different style would make you look immediately 15lbs thinner, rather than obsessing over having to lose the 15lbs to look good in that dress.
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with Trazey! You would be a KNOCKOUT in a swishy A-line.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #5  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Agreed, your figure would be so cute in an A-line dress. This red dress is hard to wear for most of us. I do love the colour though
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Sweetie, I know EXACTLY how you feel...... my stomach is the LAST thing to go!!! I have a nice figure goin on everywhere else... but then that dang stomach is just OUT there and all bubbly and bumpy..... UGH. I don't know how my bf can stand me!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/198/170

Can you find a comfy shaper?

You can feel good about the goals you've achieved!
ChicoryCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Here's a list of 'I'm not going to lie's....

Front on, looks terrific.
Side view, yup, not the look you were hoping for.
Yup, I bet 10lbs more would do it.
I'd be ecstatic to have lost what you have - but saying that, I have big belly problems at any weight, and when I Have lost what you have, I'll have the same issues.

It is really, really hard to take when we try so hard, achieve so much and it's still not 'right' yet. Albeit at a lesser loss, I had the same response the other day: I feel slimMER, and that I look good and can go into normal shops - but I bought what looked like a huge blouse - it fits my bust nicely, in fact, rather impressively but barely fastens at all across the middle. It's a UK22.... slim? yea right. 72lbs gone and can't get a UK22 to fit. Self-deluding slob.....

All you can do is put your head on and keep plodding for that last 10lbs, and be kind to yourself,
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #9  
I shall be released...

Congrats on how much weight you have lost!! You may think your body looks bad, but I envy your body! I have a huge belly and I'm still big everywhere else too, lol

Don't be too down because one dress isn't all that flattering, because there are going to be countless ones that will look great; you just have to find stuff that works with the lovely figure you do have. Trying on a bunch of dresses to find those right ones actually sounds like a lot of fun!! For me, the dress I posted in the progress pics thread was one style I really felt comfortable in... Since it kind of cinched right below the bust then flowed over my middle, it helped hide my larger stomach.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 11-15-2010 at 03:48 AM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 AM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I agree that dress emphasizes your problem area, it looks great on top but the skirt section clings to your belly. That said, you still look pretty awesome (we always see our worst side, you know?). I've seen other pictures of you on here and I cans safely say you are not usually that bloated, from all I have seen. Ten pounds and not nighttime? You'll be a knockout
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #11  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I know just what you mean about trying on clothing at the wrong times. If I try something on around the end of the month, if you catch my drift, I just set myself up for zipper and button frustration, unflattering angles, or pleat-bloat.

That's a gorgeous dress (very 'Joan Holloway' from Mad Men!) and I have no doubt that it'll look spectacular on you in the morning when you're not carrying some extra water weight or in another few pounds. I'm also dead jealous of your sleevelessness; my arms look like unbaked baguettes, and that is NOT water weight that goes down the next morning.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I think you look great! Think of how that dress would have looked oh 50-100lbs ago!

I do agree with a pretty swishy A line though oh so cute!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Uber, you have done such a fantastic job, accomplishing SO much.

I also agree that a sheath of that sort is made for the itty bitty skinny Hollywood crowd and very few folks could pull that off.

We all have problem spots. For most of us, our trouble spots stick around till the very last 5 pounds. It would stand to reason if we're storing the most fat in that one spot, that that's where it would be the last place to come off of, when there's no other place to go.

Quote:
I'm back on target with my exercise and eating and feeling like the weight WILL come off.
This to me is the real good news!!! I am so happy for you, though not at all surprised! Those 10 lbs don't stand a chance.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Uber, what I honed in on was your arms! I am envious of your arms. I will never be able to wear anything sleeveless because of my huge, deflated arms. Don't let the red dress get you down, you are looking fantastic!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #15  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I love the front view! Like everyone else is saying, it's the style, not the woman! The dress is supposed to work for you, not the other way around.

It's fun to try on things like that and watch your progress as you magically shrink into it, but don't be too hard on yourself about it. It may just be the wrong style for you.

But have fun with it anyway! I'd love to see pictures in the same dress on the 15th of the next few months.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote