Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 9 (11/15-11/21)

shan84
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Hello ladies. Results will be available later today.

We lost another two members tonight. Please remember to weigh in.

Congrats to those who had loses this week. I chose to use my last freebie rather than post a gain to the team.

Hope everyone has a great on plan week.

shan84
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Hope everyone has a good week for Week 9.

Our results this week as a team was a 1.59lbs loss at .06% for the team overall.

Congrats to Angie for being our biggest loser.

We are now standing at 12 members of the red team.

As the holidays approach, please try to stay with the team. Remember to post your weigh in each week prior to 10pm AST time.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Violet73
11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
hey everybody! well, my weight is at a standstill again but that's ok..as long as it doesn't go up! We are getting closer to the holidays and we need to be strong!

Bigmid
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Results are posted Congratulations Red Team for winning this weeks challange

Hang in there just over a month left in this challange lets have both teams finish strong

shan84
11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Congrats red team for pulling in another victory!

Suprising victory considering both teams are struggling with gains right now.

Hang tough red team! I hope to contribute more this next week as well.

Angie
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Yay team!

I'm motivated to stay on plan this week, I want to hit my 50lb milestone this week, and I need to lose 3 more pounds to do it.

I'm in a pickle too -- we have dress down days for 3 weeks straight for the United Way, and I have only 1 pair of jeans that fit me anymore. Today I'm wearing my size 18 stretchy jeans, and I have to constantly yank them up, and I have the waistband rolled over once. I may visit a thrift shop to pick up another pair or two. I don't want to spend any money on clothes I'll only wear for a few months, I want to save it all for when I reach goal to buy some super new posh clothes. :)

julie99s
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Used a freebie instead of posting my 2 lb gain. Family drama, a birthday and coming off TOM, well, I'm forgiving myself and I'll post a loss this week :)

Good luck everyone!

TERAPET
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey Teamies,

For those of us in the states, this is a good week to stash some extra calories before the festivities next week. I am staying away from sweets for the week so hopefully that will help me get in a good groove.

Let's go team!

Violet73
11-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Yayyyy red team for winning this week! :carrot: WTG!!!!!!!

Angie...have jeans that are too big is a GREAT thing! Congrats :)

CanadaMel
11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Angie- good will is my favorite place to shop for transition clothes! $4-$6/pair beats new prices any day.

Heading there myself tomorrow for some inspiration.

Shan- 'wolf whistle'- look at your new pic! Didn't recognize you with curly hair. You look great.

Trying to be good today on my birthday (43-ack!) but know I will succumb to a peppermint mocha later since we got our first blast of winter overnight.

Have a great day ladies!

julie99s
11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Happy birtday, Mel!

shan84
11-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Happy Birthday Mel! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Thanks for commenting on my picture. :) First time I wore a dress last night in 10+ years.

sha25
11-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey Red Team. I'm happy that I posted a 1.2 loss this week. I spent sat into sun with a nasty stomach bug that hit everyone in my family.. I feel like I have been fighting an uphill battle lately.I'm still here and I have been on plan and working hard.. I hope the 170's go faster then the 180's..

Hope you had a great birthday, Mel!!

TERAPET
11-17-2010, 12:08 AM
:bday2you: Mel!

Shan-Your avatar pic is gorgeous.

sha25-Congrats on your loss. This is a tough time of year. Good for you.

shan84
11-18-2010, 03:50 AM
HUGE NSV today! I fit into my first size 20 jeans!!!! :celebrate:

Oh, and on a side note, the dress I wore the other night was a size 18/20. WOWSA!!!!

If thats not motivation for me to stay on plan, I don't know what is.

Angie
11-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Mel -- I'm sorry I missed your special day -- happy belated birthday!

Shan -- Congratulations on the new jeans size, and you look great in your new dress!

Leslielou -- Yes, it's awesome to 'outgrow' clothes in the right direction :)

CanadaMel
11-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the bday wishes everyone. It wasn't the best day vie ever had, but I know there will be better ones down the road.
I did have fondue for my birthday dinner, so I'm afraid to step on the scale. I'm eating more now that the temps have dropped. It snowed for the past three days, so I think my body wants to hibernate-and I don't blame it!

Shan-great job on the NSV! Keep up the great work!

Terapet-I see you've created a new ticker! Glad you're sticking with us.

TERAPET
11-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Wow, my weight was down to 137 today. Hard to believe. It will probably be back up tomorrow but it looks like I am moving in the right direction. Not eating the sweets has helped this week. I don't know what I will do after Thanksgiving.

shan84
11-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I think I'm going to have a gain this week because of TOM coming next week and because I did all my planned days at the gym this week and did some harder strength/muscle training. Hope its not to big of a gain, but I want to keep myself accountable so I will be back later to post after weigh in.

Don't forget to weigh in before 10pm AST.

Angie
11-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Morning all. Moderate loss for me again this week. Thank goodness I did my WI yesterday, as I had a 1.6lb gain this morning from a high sodium day yesterday!

10 days until our Disney trip, so I need to be super focused in advance so I don't net a big gain. I would so love to be in the low two-teens by Xmas.

Aclai4067
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Laides. So I finally pushed past 234! That number has been my nemisis for months. And then I promptly went and ate a bunch of crap at a tailgate (ugh, I mean really, could a gin bucket lead to anything other than bad choices). So now I need to be super on plan and can hopefully recover from that. I already survived Thanksgiving dinner (we did a friends dinner last Sunday), now I just need to survive Thanksgiving vacation. We will be in Florida from Wed-Sun and I definitely need to go grocery shopping first thing when we get there. Happy weigh-in day ladies; good luck!

CanadaMel
11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
No change on the scale for me, but since it was my birthday- I've been more lenient on food choices -oops.
Stress at work as we prep for the holiday season hasn't bee helpful either.
Have a great Sunday ladies!

tambolina
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi all!

I am back finally... having great losses and am just a few pounds from hitting 30 pounds. I had to buy a new pair of pants today and fit comfortably into 10 petites! Woohoo. I tried on a pair of my pants that I wore all summer and they were falling off.

My event the last 4 days went really well, we had almost 3000 people. Whew, I am SO tired today.

I will be able to post a lot more now. :)

shan84
11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Sorry for my huge gain this week. I'm still working hard though.

shan84
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Only 25 some minutes left to weigh in! Please weigh in as we have a few people who may be eliminated if they miss another weigh in.