Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Exercise and MRC

OK, I need some advise and Debi, I know you espically can help with this. I am going on a cruise Dec 3 and when I get back I want to start a definite exercise plan. Here is my problem:

I don't like to do "light" aerobics. I love to sweat and push myself to the limits. I get very bored with the light stuff. Now that being said, this plan does not allow for enough food so I am thinking of switching to the medi plan Debi was on. I really don't want to end up at goal feeling like a bag of jello with some floppy skin around it. I can alredy see some sagging skin and I want more muscle tone.

Debi, could you email that plan to me. My email is [email protected] and offer me any advice you may have. I know if I do the plan I would like (Turbo Fire - which has alot of HIIT, high intensity interval training) and keep my diet the same I will burn out and probably not lose very well.

So, should I do what I love and change my plan or suffer through lighter stuff and be patient?

What has everyone else's experience been with exercise?
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Hey Sherral,
I've had many ups and downs in my journey over the years, including embarking on big exercise programs and plans. I'll tell you what I've learned - maybe it can help. I actually used to be a personal trainer - those of us who are the best teachers can be the worst students! haha!

I've made the commitment to "start exercising" so many times I've lost count. I'm gung-ho for a week or two or a month, then I start dropping off. This time, I actually put the exercise on hold for a few months while getting started on MRC. My energy level was already low and got lower with the calories on Metaslim. Once I'd lost about 25lbs, I started adding in walks and an occasional zumba class. My weight loss picked up. When I was down about 40, I was so full of energy that I began hiking, going to a trainer, doing zumba, walking...whatever I could do! That's when my weight loss began to stall. I hung in there for a month. I didn't want to make changes to my food plan b/c I wasn't sure the exercising would "stick" this time. After a month, when it became apparent that I wasn't losing and I wasn't going to give up exercise, I asked to switch to meta-balance. My body was so ready for it and immediately, I began to lose again.

Soooo, all that to say....I would stick with meta-slim until you are definitely in a stall of more than a couple of weeks. It's hard, but you want to be sure that exercise is something you are committed to long term before you add the extra food in and get used to it. It would be super difficult to be on meta-balance and then have to go back to meta-slim. Some people actually gain or stay the same on meta-balance. I wouldn't advise starting meta-balance in anticipation of exercising. I'm with you, I work out HARD. Believe me when I say that under the fat, there were some very strong abs and legs. But most of my exercising (a LOT of weight lifting) was done before I started meta-balance.

I would anticipate being quite hungry and a bit low energy on metaslim while you're starting out. Unfortunately, when I began meta-balance, I got HUNGRIER...but I took it as a sign that my metabolism was kicking up and just dealt with it.

Of course, I will still email you the menu if you'd like. I need access to my hubby's scanner and he's in meetings right now, but can send it later today. Let me know what you're thinking and if I can answer any other questions for you!

My very best,
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #3  

Thanks Debi....I guess I will decide what to do after my cruise and I am back on plan 100%. I will try some Zumba I guess. Walking is out for me as I have very bad bunions that hurt in my sneakers and actually will blood blister, either that or I will have to find some walking flip flops.

No need to email the menu, when the time comes and I am ready I will ask for it at my center. The girls there are great and I am sure they will give it to me if I am working out and stall. Again, I really appreciate the input.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #4  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Sherral..do you go to a gym? I was going to LA for a long time and loved it. I quit last year to save money (I was hardly going anymore), but I really want to get going again. Where do you exercise? It's so much easier if you have someone to go with too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherral View Post
Thanks Debi....I guess I will decide what to do after my cruise and I am back on plan 100%. I will try some Zumba I guess. Walking is out for me as I have very bad bunions that hurt in my sneakers and actually will blood blister, either that or I will have to find some walking flip flops.

No need to email the menu, when the time comes and I am ready I will ask for it at my center. The girls there are great and I am sure they will give it to me if I am working out and stall. Again, I really appreciate the input.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #5  

Aw, Sherral, I hope I didn't discourage you. That was the opposite of my intent! Keep working the plan - you are doing fantastic.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #6  

Oh, and have you tried those strange looking "feet" running shoes? My dad is a fitness fanatic and he says they are unbelievable comfortable. The only uncomfortable part is how people look at you.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Oh, and have you tried those strange looking "feet" running shoes? My dad is a fitness fanatic and he says they are unbelievable comfortable. The only uncomfortable part is how people look at you.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

I too have heard amazing things about these shoes. My fav doc (Mercola) highly recommends them. I wish they weren't so danged expensive. Maybe a good thing to have on my Christmas List though!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Aw, Sherral, I hope I didn't discourage you. That was the opposite of my intent! Keep working the plan - you are doing fantastic.
Not discouraged at all. I appreciate the feedback. I just don't want to go to the end of program and be a bag of loose skin and no muscle tone. I am afraid my metabolism will be crawling by then without exercise. So now you get some insight to my personality, yep I've got all or nothing syndrome.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Sherral..do you go to a gym? I was going to LA for a long time and loved it. I quit last year to save money (I was hardly going anymore), but I really want to get going again. Where do you exercise? It's so much easier if you have someone to go with too.
I have a gym membership at shapes, but I hate the gym. i always figure by the time i get there I could be almost half way through a workout at home.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherral View Post
I have a gym membership at shapes, but I hate the gym. i always figure by the time i get there I could be almost half way through a workout at home.

Isn't it great though -- we are all so amazingly different and some plans and workouts are more appealing than others, and we just have this huge smorgasbord of what to try. And even if you might end up building muscle and not seeing as much of a loss on the scale, the feeling of "fit" is just the best! Yielding a shape after feeling like you haven't had one for awhile is fabulous! And on top of it all, I believe it helps with the "mind game" in the process. If you can get the mind to cooperate, the body will follow right along.

I just am so glad that I decided early in my weight loss that transitioning from being a total couch potato to someone that works out 1 hour plus per day was huge to my success. And when the weather got cold, I walked on Purdue's indoor track 4-5 times per week all through the winter and then at our local high school on Sundays. I have enjoyed being able to walk so much!

The real BONUS from all this was

1: Made new friends that turned out to be an incredible influence on me at the track, and

2: As a Type 2 diabetic, my blood glucose levels went from being out of the ball park to completely in normal range. That is even more important to me than the weight loss and makes it important to NEVER ever become a couch potato again, as long as it is within my ability to control.

I'd rather take time for that daily movement than keep increasing medications as I get older. And this appears to the the only way to get it done. Anyway, so so many reasons to get ACTIVE beyond the weight loss. I am blessed!

Cheers!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote