Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-14-2010, 05:02 AM   #1  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

Default Getting Handfasted (married) right after my 1yr surgeversary

Alex is the guy I met 1 month before my surgery, I met him when I was so sure no man would ever want me or anything to do with me after surgery. He was there through all of it and we now live together and are engaged to get Handfasted (a form of marriage) April 30th, my Surgery was April 26th so it will be a double celebration.
I have a handfasting blog if you want to see it with lots of photos of us.
http://handfastingblog.wordpress.com/

by the way I am down to under 325 now.. 140 pound drop from when I started coming here
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on your weight loss. I had never heard of handfasting. I checked your blog. I have to say dragons as a cake topper just isn't my cup of tea !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Congratulations on your weight loss. I had never heard of handfasting. I checked your blog. I have to say dragons as a cake topper just isn't my cup of tea !
LOL it is definitely not a white dress wedding, we are an offbeat couple and want our wedding (handfasting) to reflect that
Old 11-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #4  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Congratulations!! I checked your blog as well and I LOVE LOVE the dragons. But, dragons as a cake topper totally is my cup of tea =p

I love unique ideas and I think your handfasting will be very cool!
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #5  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadoll View Post
Congratulations!! I checked your blog as well and I LOVE LOVE the dragons. But, dragons as a cake topper totally is my cup of tea =p

I love unique ideas and I think your handfasting will be very cool!
Yeah I like a really spicy and odd cup of tea myself... we are having a "big kids party for big kids" Lots of silly games, balloons and fun stuff
By the way if you like cool and unique weddings check out www.offbeatbride.com Amazing weddings

I am doing a cupcake tower also and trying to turn one of eggface's Muffin recipes into a low carb cupcake alternative for me with some kind of cream cheese spread so I can share a cupcake with my sweetie, not sure which one I will use but I am also doing some of her Italian themed Eggbites (crustless quiches) and maybe her ricotta bake cups

Last edited by SpookyXXL; 11-14-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5

the dragons are adorable. You did a great job painting them. Congratulations on the wedding and the weightloss
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! My second husband and I had a handfasting. The ceremony was a mixture of pagan and native american religious themes and it was very unique and fun. Enjoy your special day and be sure to post LOTS of pics for us to see!

And I LOVE your dragons!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote