Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Default Zerona

Have you heard of Zerona. It is a cold laser treatment that pops a hole in your fat cells and the "fat" liquifies insto your body and is absorbed by your lymphatic system. I have reserched it on the internet and can find no negative side effects. Anyway... is it cheating if I do this? I still plan on sticking to my new lifestyle and diet and work ut program. But, it supposedly helps with sagging skin and could give me an extra boost.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Why would you do something like this to your wonderful body?

Have you read the complaints about it?

Do you have a few thousand dollars that you can afford to lose if the treatments don't work?

Just some thoughts. Take it FWIW.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm all for "cheating," I'm on Phentermine. Zerona sounds both potentially dangerous and ineffective.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #4  

http://www.luxist.com/2010/04/21/zer...at-loss-laser/

Personally, I don't think 3 inches is worth $3.5k.... but that's a personal evaluation. It seems to be a purely cosmetic procedure and I'd be very worried about safety & efficacy.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #5  

Well, I have searched and searched for any negative side effect and can't find any. Has noone one this board done it?

I am only going to have to pay 1000 for 4 weeks of sessions MWF. My friend who is a Dr. is giving me the deal. She has a medical practice and just bought the Zerona and is eager to get started with patients and hopefully spread the word. Since it is a deal and I have the $$ readily available I just can't think of a negative.

I have worked SO very hard. I don't eat any fat, carbs, sugar and haven't broke my diet at all since August 18. Even through 20 days at my dying fathers bedside- I never turned to my comfort (food, milkshakes, cookies). I exercise 6 days a week for at least 1 hour and usually 2 hours. I just think with my sadness about my dad that this is a great opportunity to help my momentum. My friend also says is assists in skin tightening and I am eager to see about that because I will have to have surgery if it doesn't. I go fo the evaluation tomorrow. I'll keep you all apprised.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #6  

Oh don't worry about my food intake... it is very healthy. I forget how literal people are. I take a nutritional drink and although I don't eat any prcessed carbs I do get carbs in adequate quantities from other things in my diet. For my dieting purposes carbs is: bread, pasta, potatoes, rice and sugar. By fats I am just not buttering anything or trans fats... but I do dress my salads with flax seed or olive oil and I do have cheese sticks for dairy intake and yogurt from time to time. I guess my own definations are in my head and I forget that others might not understand.

Yah- I think my mind is made up. No one has any concrete negative information and I guess I'll be the guinea pig and let you know what happens! If I had found one thing that said there are negative side effects I would pause... but I have found none.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

If this tightens up your skin I will sign up for it too. Please keep us informed!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #8  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

A thousand bucks is the discounted rate? Egads! If you've got the money to spend, I wish you the best of luck, assuming you're satisfied as to the safety and efficacy of the procedure. Whether it's 'cheating' or not isn't really important; it's your money and your body.

I have to admit that my jaw dropped at the cost, though. Yikes...if I had a spare thousand dollars, I might actually have luxuries like medical insurance and a third pair of shoes.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's such a new procedure that (even if I had the money), I don't think I'd be interested until there is more evidence that it is entirely safe.

Often the risks to some medical procedures don't show up for years, and the procedure is just too new to know what could be in store five, ten or fifteen years down the road. I know a lot of people would risk death and worse just for the chance at weight loss, but that's part of the problem. There's no shortage of willing guinea pigs.

I think the "cheating" issue is a non-issue. You're not obligated to lose weight by some arbitrary set of rules. You don't win any extra prizes for losing one way over another. Maintenance is still going to be your biggest challenge.

One thing I would wonder though. I've read that fat loss through liposuction does not improve heath indicators (like blood sugar, triglyceride levels, cholesterol levels, blood pressure...) and I'd wonder if Zerona would be any different. There may be no health benefits to it (but that may not be why you're wanting to lose weight in the first place).

Good luck with it.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #10  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
http://www.luxist.com/2010/04/21/zer...at-loss-laser/

Personally, I don't think 3 inches is worth $3.5k.... but that's a personal evaluation. It seems to be a purely cosmetic procedure and I'd be very worried about safety & efficacy.

i hope you take a second to read this. i don't think i'd be as worried about the safety as much as it may be a waste of money. good find expunge...hope it gets read.

of course if you arent worried about throwing a grand away............... good luck hon, let us know.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

hey stacy!

let me just say that there is no such thing as a dirty fight or cheating when it come to loseing weight lol. i think that you have reaserched this very well and that if you feel that it will help you then you should absoloutly go for it. i honestly think that everybody is completely different and that you just have to find what helps you and if this helps you then i wish you all the success in the world, if i could afford it id get lipoo just to start lol

Last edited by jackiedavis87; 11-15-2010 at 09:40 AM.
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote