Weight Loss Support - Goal size??

View Full Version : Goal size??

Eliana
11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Do you mind telling me your goal size? I know...I know...don't compare. But we all do it! ;) I'm just curious because goal weights have become fairly meaningless to me. It's messing with my head. :dizzy:

My goal size is a 6. I'm currently an 8 in most stores, although I can squeeze into some 4's. :rofl:

flippychick
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Sizes are so inconsistent that I try to ignore them. Because if I buy a size 2 and it fits, some part of my brain says it's ok to pig out. In reality that size 2 is often the same size as my size 8s.

L144S
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I am about your hight and weight and I can wear anythng from a 6-12. My jeans are 8 to 10 depending on how much spandex is in them. I have been on a hunt for all cotton jeans (not a fan of spandex) and have only found 3 brands that have all cotton, Lucky- reily, wrangler and a brand called cruel girl. I wear a 10 in all of them. I wear a M or a L on top but I am a 32DD on top so sometimes I have to do an L to not have it be too tight or too short.

I would like to take off another 15 LBS but for now I am just maintaing as I am on a lot of medication and have been doing fine. I am ok at this weight for now because I can eat, exercise and I feel good in my cloths. I think for me it might mean i am at my goal even though it is higher than it should be on the charts. My health is far more important than any number on the scale or my cloths. I really do think it is about living your life and feeling good.

lazylioness
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I am short. So, ideally I will be able to get into about a 4. However, right now I will be happy with a 12 by the time I get married in July. But who knows, currently my size is between four sizes. I hate sizes. LOL

Slim CB
11-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Goal sizes.......sometimes I can't even bother to think about it. As you can see, I am 5'8" tall. I have a pair of Lee Jeans that are size 12....too big. A pair of Levis that are size 12...just perfect. Some dresses that are 10...too big. Some other dresses that are 12...perfect fit. But get this....a 5/6 dress...PERFECT fit!!! Some size 'S' tops....too big!

At this stage I am just want to look good in whatever I wear.

pinkflower
11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
4-6. Right now I'm in between an 8 and 10

Eliana
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I am about your hight and weight and I can wear anythng from a 6-12. My jeans are 8 to 10 depending on how much spandex is in them. I have been on a hunt for all cotton jeans (not a fan of spandex) and have only found 3 brands that have all cotton, Lucky- reily, wrangler and a brand called cruel girl. I wear a 10 in all of them. I wear a M or a L on top but I am a 32DD on top so sometimes I have to do an L to not have it be too tight or too short.

I would like to take off another 15 LBS but for now I am just maintaing as I am on a lot of medication and have been doing fine. I am ok at this weight for now because I can eat, exercise and I feel good in my cloths. I think for me it might mean i am at my goal even though it is higher than it should be on the charts. My health is far more important than any number on the scale or my cloths. I really do think it is about living your life and feeling good.

Jeans are just another rant entirely. ;) I like all cotton jeans too. Whoever thought spandex in jeans looked good after an hour's wear was nuts! All cotton holds in some of the jiggle and sag! LOL!

I know sizes are random. I guess weights are just random too.

sja80123
11-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I would love to be in an 6/8, however, I can fit in an 8 at some stores and a 10 at others. However when I weighed the least I still wore between a 6 or 8. So I guess really I just want to look and feel great in what I wear no matter the size!

lora m
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm tall, so my current size is probably a lot of people's starting size. I'm UK size 14 and happy with that. I think it's 10 in US size. At my official goal I was UK size 16/US 12.

eclipse
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't really have a goal size, since sizing is so inconsistent. I have some 10s I'd love to fit into again, and I suspect by the time I get to my current goal weight, i should be able to. I'd love to get down to a large shirt - I'm very large chested, so I suspect that unless I get a reduction, I won't be able to wear anything smaller than that without, uh, advertising what I'm not selling :lol:. When I was 115-120 lbs, I wore a 6 or a 4 (in pants), but that was years ago. I don't think I'll ever get that small again, but I suspect at the same weight I'd wear a smaller size now, just due to vanity sizing.

yhahmd
11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
My official goal size was a 10, but I think I'd like to shoot for a 6. I don't know if that's humanly possible with my awesome child-bearing hips, but heck, why not try?

losinlish
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
My official goal size was a 10, but I think I'd like to shoot for a 6. I don't know if that's humanly possible with my awesome child-bearing hips, but heck, why not try?
OK, just had to say that cracked me up:D! You go girlfriend - you'll be wearing a size 6 and rockin those hips:carrot:!

est1991
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
8-9, right now i'm a 12 in most jeans. my hips are naturally big so i'm not going to overestimate my goal size. as long as i can just get to my goal weight, i'll be happy!

SCraver
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Goal size: Be able to fit into Jeans from Express... not that I actually want to buy them... I just want them to fit. They used to only go up to a 12, but now I have heard a rumor they go to size 14 now?

I am a 16 right now... but they are getting nice a loose... SO CLOSE to getting into some 14s. If I got down to 12 and was comfy there, I might stay. I would like to be a 10, though. I used to want to be an 8. But that was before vanity sizes. I couldn't do it then, BUT I MIGHT be able to do it now...

But then again, I like beer too much. I would rather be a 10/12 and drink beer than to give up beer just to be an 8.

Rochester
11-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not quite sure what to expect because below 200 pounds in unknown territory for me. I haven't been there since (a long long time ago! ;)) maybe the 10th grade. I don't even remember what size I was at that point, but it's irrelevant anyway because sizing has changed so much.

Right now, at 210, I'm in size 14. I'm guessing size 12 in the 190s, size ten in the 180s/170s, size eight at my 165 goal. Holy crap! Size EIGHT!?! That can't possibly be possible, can it? :lol:

jigglefree
11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
My goal is a size 10. I'm in mostly a 14 right now but then there are some 16s and on 12 that I can wear. I plan to find a designer that caters to my body and makes me look smokin' hot and stick with that. I have a small waist and hips/booty bigger than I like so I have to keep working to see where I land!

Amplify69er
11-11-2010, 01:57 PM
my goal size is to be maybe 10 since im a size 18 now weight at 251 -lost 5 so far- and 5'10. I want to be able to put a pair of pants anyway. 18 is not easy to find unless I shop in the Ncity or Torrid, dots, rainbows, ect. And online haha beyonce's jeans are good but the nice emblem on the pants they have also comes apart easily.

Paloma
11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't really have a goal size, but I do have goal jeans! I lost alot of weight when I was 18 (in a very unhealthy manner) and then gained it back and then some over the last six years. So I have lots of jeans that are way too small. I'm happy to say that I fit into my first goal pair a couple of weeks ago, which was especially exciting since I bought them the day after Thanksgiving 2008. It's great to know that I have reversed two years of weight gain already. When I bought those jeans I was so upset with myself for needing to buy them, my other jeans wouldn't fit. Now I'm working on one of those pairs. They currently will not button, even lying down, but I know that someday they will fit, and even be too loose. My ultimate goal, though, is to not have any old jeans to fit into, because even those are too big!

roxmysox
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
10/12. I'm super curvy with a big 'ole booty that I do NOT want to lose.

Arctic Mama
11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Honestly it is so hard to tell sizes, especially if you're not close to the end of your journey. I don't know how I will lose weight, if I will shed a bunch of sizes or just a few, whole losing all over... Who knows. When I was my goal weight last, 160, I was a size 14. Given the vanity sizing changes, I think that would be a 10-12 right now.

I honestly don't care what the tag says, I just want to look good in my clothes. That will probably be between 140-150, if I can get down that low, and should be maybe a misses 8 or 10? Hard to say. I just want to be healthy and not have clothing bulges that are too bad :lol:

saef
11-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't mind my size right now.

Also I have found that no matter what my size is, if I love something & there is only one or two on the rack, or just one in a consignment or vintage shop, or on eBay, or if an online catalog is running out of certain sizes in a particular color -- they never have my size. It's like Murphy's Law. Now the 1Xs or XLs are all they have left. And I remember a time when I'd have killed for that to be the case, and was angry everything was just XS, S or M.

Arctic Mama
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Saef, I have noticed that same phenomenon! It's always the size we're looking for that they just don't have :lol:

calluna
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah, no kidding. Right now I'm in a size 12 Levis (my standard) if I buy them new. I suspect I'll end up in about a size 8, but honestly I don't know for sure. The prospect of single-digit sizes boggles me and sometimes I hardly dare think it possible.

leopardtuks
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I want to be a size 10 first, then an 8 as my super goal.
:D

LindsayW
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Before I gained weight I fit comfortably in sizes 11-13 (yes, junior sizes because after high school is when I gained weight). I just want to be able to fit into those pants again, even if some of them are probably quite outdated!
So I guess my ultimate size goal is 10-12.

Magrat
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't have a size goal right now but when I started out, wearing a size 10, my goal was to fit back into a pair of size four black jeans I had bought the last time I lost a bunch of weight. The jeans fit after the first twenty pounds and after another five they were too big.

My goal right now is to get rid of my stomach pouch and have a completely flat toned abdomen. I'm hoping the last five pounds will do the trick but in another thread someone (sorry, can't remember who it was) posted that her 4'10" 92 pound daughter has one, so who knows?

KenzideRhae
11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I've been wearing the same brand, same style of jeans for years (Old Navy brand, Flirt style). I started at a tight size 18 in those, and my goal has always been to get down to a size 8. Am a loose size 10 right now in the Old Navy jeans, and I've got some size 10 Levi 505s that fit perfectly.

ncuneo
11-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Knowing others goal weights and sizes got me into a lot of trouble with my self confidence. I'm an 8/10 pretty much across the board but you'd never know it looking at me. Most people think I weigh 10 lbs less than I do an am a 4 or smaller.

All I can say is it took some serious soul searching to know that an 8/10 is perfect for me and if someone my same shape and height is smaller it just doesn't matter.

Horo
11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I wear a 4/6 or a "small" in most clothes lately. The two pair of jeans(I hardly ever wear pants, I wear skirts 99.9% of the time) I own are size 6's. I usually buy/make skirts in 4/6 and if in SML sizes, small and sometimes medium. I buy 22" corsets (corresponds to waist sizes, but no, I most definitely do not have a 22" waist xD You subtract 4-6 inches from your waist to find corset size).

As for my goal, I hope I'll be in the 4 end of 4/6 sizes, maybe even in some 2's, and ideally my corset size will stay the same.

Siki
11-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I am size 10 in jeans right now, my goal is to be size 6
Some people tell me I look fine now, but I definetively want to lose 10 more pounds

krampus
11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
0/2. I'm not a curvy girl and my bones are teeny.

pnkrckpixikat
11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't really have a goal size, mostly cause i have no idea what size i can get down to, my moms family has larger builds and my dads has smaller. I take after my moms in height and most other things so im guessing i will with build as well. I just have more of a goal for how i want my body to look, flat stomach, toned arms, legs not rubbing and jiggly, cute *** things like that. and if i get where i want there i dont care if it is size 12 10 or 4, even though i'd love the bragging rights of something in the 2-6 range lol

AR4life
11-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I fit many sizes depending on the stretch in the jeans. Looking at me it's hard to tell my size. I am smallish and have noticed that losing the last 5 lbs has made my muffin top go away. I can't buy larger sizes because I can't keep them up. I buy small sizes to fit my hips and still wear a belt.

I'm just saying that it really depends on the make/material of the jean and how big your hips are. Give some smaller sizes a try, and just buy the jeans that fit the best.

mkendrick
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I've always worn the same brand of jeans (American Eagle), so the variable of brand differences is fairly irrelevant to me.

I started out stuffing myself (think overfilled sausage casing) into size 12 AE jeans. I even had a rubber band around the button hole that I'd just clasp onto the button instead of actually buttoning them, lol...

My unofficial goal size was an AE size 6. That alone seemed so far off and impossible. Well I got to size 6 at about 150lbs and I knew I still had a ways to go. I was thrilled with my progress, just wasn't "there" yet.

I'm now a 0-2. All of my American Eagle jeans are size 0, including a pair of skinny jeans. I certainly absolutely did not strive to get to a size 0, it just so happened that when I'm at the weight I'm content with, I am a 0...who woulda thunk it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd get to this size. I used to be the one who said "if you're a size 0 you must be anorexic!" but I can attest that I am definitely NOT anorexic, hehe.

ImpalaHoarder
11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
It's kind of silly, but I've always had a dream of being able to buy single-digit pants. I've fit into 10's before, when they were large, but never have I worn a size 8. It truly seems the promised land. Dunno if I'll be able to, but as someone who's been overweight since birth, I'll be thrilled at whatever jean size gets me into the healthy range. At least 10, though.

My Michelle
11-12-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm wearing mostly "modern" (purchased in the last 5 years) 8s now, and some 10s. I have some "modern" 6s in my closet that I used to wear, so I know I'll wear those soon.

But what I really want to be able to wear are a pair of size 28" jeans from 1985. Sizes may have changed over the decades, but I've had these jeans since that year and when I can fit into them I'll know I'm back were I should be.

JayLei
11-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Honestly, I'd like to be in single digits in pants and a medium in shirts. I don't care which digit (although it seems there are always amazingly cute size 8 things at my local thrift).
I carry all of my weight on my hips/belly and my upper arms. Right now I fit loosely into my old size 16's straight out of the dryer, comfortably in 14's and can wear a lot of 12's depending on the cut (with a muffin top if the waist is high). There are a few 10's that I've been able to fasten.
I buy things snug now so I can "shrink" into them. I worry a little that I won't be able to get out of this mindset and will continue to do it when I hit goal, that will always have that "just a little more" feeling and that I won't be able to shake the fat girl mental image.

luciddepths
11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I dont have a goal size...my goal weight is 145 but im not sure what ill be.. im just going with the flow i think. Whatever feels right :)

Bombe
11-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Sizes are funny things but I would like to be around an 8. I am currently 12/14

Sunday
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm aiming for an Aussie 14 (about US 10-12). I'm tall and broad and can't diet away my hips and rib cage! Not that they make me look curvy, just broad...

I may get into some 12s but I'll be very happy with 14. :)

Shytowngal
11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
I would like to be a single digit size... Which I have NEVER been. Right now I'm a 10. 8 would be great, 6 would be an amazing feeling!

losermom
11-13-2010, 11:48 AM
But then again, I like beer too much. I would rather be a 10/12 and drink beer than to give up beer just to be an 8.

Girl, you don't have to give up beer! Just switch to MG64s. I don't really care what size I am--I vary between a 4 to a 10 pants and a S to M top depending on the store. I usually start with an 8 and work from there. DD has pointed out that I'm more a 6 than an 8. In the words of Queen Latifah, I'm a size healthy! That's what I was aiming for. :D

Mickeypnd
11-13-2010, 12:02 PM
a size six.

Wild Vulpix
11-13-2010, 12:45 PM
I want to get down to a size 4 or under. I don't really know why I'm choosing that number... but I think it's obtainable. I started this journey at size 12, and last time I went to the store, size 8s fit me pretty well (at about ~135). I'm not even half way to my goal, so I think 4 or less is very reasonable.

But I'm incredibly short, and it always feels like other people look so much thinner in larger sizes than I do.

RoseRodent
11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I would love to be in a size UK12 just because I think of it as being a thin size, but more that anything I want to fit into two pairs of jeans I have which are vintage UK14. Due to vanity sizing a vintage 14 is a lot smaller than most modern 14s, and a size 14 sewing pattern is generally smaller still, and I like sewing my own things. I know that I feel good when I fit into those jeans, they are my benchmark, I don't want to be crammed into them, I can cram into them at 12 1/2 stone (can't be bothered with the math just now, for lbs 12x14 and add 7) but I look properly good when they are a comfortable fit.

The really scary part is that the vintage jeans are not second hand, I bought them myself in a jeans shop that was popular when I was a teenager. It makes you feel just that little bit old when you go searching for your favourite brand only for them to turn up in the "vintage" section!

Nebuchadnezzar
11-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Goal size? Oh, I hadn't thought about it. I'm a size 3244534562345 right now (24/26) and I think I would like to aim to be a 10. Seems reasonable, right?

pammi2003
11-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I am a size 7 right now and would love to be a 5.

JOLINA
11-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I am on my way down to a size US 12. I'll weigh about 130-135 at that point.
When I wore a size 10, my friends said I was too thin. So my goal is size 12.
I'm lucky...I have a thrift store near me with thousands of pairs of jeans!
Some are new, and some are nicely worn and faded.

Nebuchadnezzar ... 10/12 would be great.
I'm a little taller than you.
:comp: