View Poll Results: What Do You Try To Limit MOST In Your Diet?
Fat 4 66.67%
Calories 0 0%
Carbs 2 33.33%
Sodium 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#65)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 11:42 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #64 and read the last few posts there!!

Floozies..........Dee needs lots of prayers for her Mom right now.We love you Dee!
Old 11-07-2002, 12:22 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Dee, I'm praying for your Mom right now... let us know as soon as you can how she is. Sounds like she is one tough lady, maybe if she stays in the hospital a few days, she will be on the road to recovery. Let us know.... Hugs go out to you and your family.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #4  

Got this in the mail last night of Ben and Denzo. Thought I'd share.......
Old 11-07-2002, 01:56 PM   #5  
Carol

I just had to share this with all of you. Hope you are having a great day.

For those in the Ya-Ya sisterhood:
1) If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it will always
be yours. If it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with.
BUT, if it just sits in your living room, messes up your stuff, eats
your food, uses your telephone, takes your money, and doesn't appear to
realize that you had set it free....... You either married it or gave
birth to it.
2) Reason to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics
class pulls a hamstring.
3) My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
4) The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
5) The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what
you're doing, someone else always does.
6) Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
7) Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain
consciousness.
8) Amazing! ! You hang something in your closet for a while and it
shrinks two sizes!
9) They keep telling us to get in touch with our bodies. Mine isn't all
that communicative but I heard from it the other day after I said,
"Body, how'd you like to go to the six o'clock class in vigorous
toning?" Clear as a bell my body said, "Listen fatty....do it and die."
10) I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are
eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding?
That's my idea of a perfect day.

Hugs

Carol
Old 11-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #6  

By the way,
Denzo is Ben's bomb detection dog. This picture was taken in San Antonio. So far, Ben is what they call TOP DOG. That means is will be the honor graduate if his grades hold for the next 3 weeks.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:11 PM   #7  

Good one's Carol. You're a hoot!!!!!!!

Dee,
I'll be thinking of your mom today. Let us know how she is.

Ramona
Old 11-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #8  

Oh poop I just pressed the wrong button and deleted my post.
Update on mom. She did not stay at the hospital last night. Her blood clot and infection has gotten worse. She will be needing to go to the hospital 3 x aday every 8 hours for iv for the infection. She will also need a shot in stomach every day for the blood clot. She went in this morning for her iv at 8:00. She isn't home yet. I know that she also had a ultra sound this morning for her blood clot. They live in the country so I figured that is would take 6 hours or more driving back and forth 3 times a day. I think that she should just stay there. She hasn't even come back from her first iv yet and it is now 2:00. Time for the next one. My sister in law who is a nurse said that she didn't think that they would let her come home be cause with just walking to the car the blood clot could travel and become very dangerous. We will see what will happen.

We are still planning on going away tomorrow morning. I will try to post again before we leave for california. Take care and thanks for all the support.

Ramona your sonis very good looking.

Carol I could you a good laugh about now. Thanks.

DEE
Old 11-07-2002, 03:42 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Dee: If I may ask, why are they not just keeping your mother in the hospital? Sounds like she's stubborn or they are lacking in areas. Just my opinion, but this is serious business. Let us know if anything changes. {{{HUGS}}}

Ramona: Your son and his partner are very handsome!!! You should be so proud of him!!!!! I bet Ben and Denzo have became a very good working team and best friends!

Carol: THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!! Maybe instead of Ya-Ya names, we should come up with Fla-Fla names for all of us Floozies???? BTW: My Ya-Ya name is: "cute as a bug in a rug"!!!

If any of you have veterans in your family, Walmart is doing something cool!!! You can take a pic of the person in uniform to the photo dept. They will print off a copy and also give you a free 5x7 and a picture badge to wear. they take one that is copied and display it on a wall with several other veterans. I am going back later tonight with one of my dad.

SEE YA LATER Fla-Fla's!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:02 PM   #10  

Hi there
This will probably be the last time before we leave. Mom is vey stuborn and doesn't want to stay at the hospital. They already changed the type of antibiotics that she needs to take. Instead of the ones that they were giving her by iv now they are giving her a stronger one by pill form. She will only be needing to go in to the hospital once a day for the shot for her blood clot. At least that is what they are saying now. They said that the blood clot she has is large and deep. That is suppose to be the bad kind. She sill also need a blood test every day to see how everything is. we are just heading over there for a short visit. I am just exhaused. I think that I really need this trip now. Not quite the best timing but we will enjoy ourselves.
Thank you for all the support, behave yourselves and I will have a drink for each of you on the beach. Anyone want fancy umbrellas in theirs? will that be a strawberry margarita or lime? Beer or wine?
Have a good weekend. we will be home late monday night.

DEE
Old 11-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Dee, drink one of each for me... just forget the fancy umbrella and make mine a double!!!
I hope you and Larry have a WONDERFUL anniversary and a SAFE trip!!!!!
I will still keep saying prayers for mom....

LOVE YA!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:28 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Where is everyone???????????
Old 11-09-2002, 11:11 AM   #13  

I have absolutely no energy today! I tried jogging 2.5 miles, then had to call hubby to come and rescue me. I had another mess! I wore long biking pants though, so you couldn't tell as I was walking back, but it made a mess. I am going to start biking and/ or going back to my video exercise tapes that keep me at home near a bathroom! I just don't want to get back my thunder thighs, and the jogging is the only thing that has ever worked for my legs!

Dee- I hope you are having a wonderful time! I said a Mishabera last night for Irene.

Carol-Really loved your post!!

Sherry-I think of you whenever I DON'T clean my house. I really need to today, but I just can't seem to do it. I am going to just lay around today between taking Becky to ballet classes and Nutcracker rehersals. I did clean my bathroom though (had to after my little episode.) Isn't that disgusting???????? I feel like a baby!

Well-I'm going to lay down. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #14  

Hey Ya'll

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days.I have a BAD cavity.I have been putting off going to the dentist because the pain has been coming & going.But now it's hurt for 5 days NON-STOP!

Today is such a beautiful day!!! It's about 70 degrees and sooo nice.I'm cleaning house today like it was a "spring cleaning" day!!!

Shelley........Bless your heart!!! I feel so sorry for you.I know that's got to be just awful to have those accidents.Hopefully your tummy will get well soon!!!

Dee.........I hope you're having a wonderful trip.I'm saying my prayers for your Mom.

I've got to get back to my cleaning.I'll post more to everyone later.

Hugs to all..........
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 11-10-2002, 01:01 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Shelley: You poor dear!!! I hope the doc can take care of your tummy problem soon!!!! I suffer from bouts of irritable bowel, which seems to get worse when I get nervous. I can understand how you feel. BTW: My tummy will go into a fit every so often and rumble like crazy! This is so embarrassing during a meeting!!! Do you have this problem too?

Sher: I hope the "toofers" is better! I do need to tell you a story.... my Father would bring anyone home with him if they had no place to stay or food to eat... one Christmas we had a middle aged Hispanic man eating dinner with us. Dad had a toothache that would not go away and it was gradually getting worse. The guy mixed up a paste of black pepper and vineagar, dad then placed it back on the tooth and gum area... after much stammering and gagging around and trying to hold it back there, dad finally spit it out. But, amazingly the toothache was gone and it did not return!!!!

Busy day today, trying to do some cleaning, work on some WWII history about my dad and getting ready to redo a bathroom this coming week.

HAVE A GREAT ONE!!! Love, Gayle
Closed Thread