Weight Loss Support - Weigh-Cute Buddies!

View Full Version : Weigh-Cute Buddies!

SvelteChicky
11-06-2002, 04:04 PM
HI Girls. Hope you follow me here from "Need Buddy...". I thought a fresh start would do us some good. I'm working hard to get myself outta my slump. Winter hits me hard, and I tend to get depressed. Also, I don't have that pressure to look so good in the winter, so I'm afraid i"ll slide into old habits.

But, we'll keep each other on track! Talk to you later!:lol:

angieME
11-06-2002, 04:27 PM
cute name for the thread. We must be on the same wavelength because I was just thinking about how long the other one had gotten.HAHA I lost 4.5 pounds this week for a grand total of 15 pounds lost. I have another 61 to go and I am there. Then of course the real challenge(for me) starts. I seem to have trouble maintaining. Had ya noticed???LOL

I brought my treadmill out of the closet today and did 2 1/2 miles on it. That is so much more work than just going for a walk. I wonder why. I was sweating so bad and my feet ache and the poor dog was just sitting there staring at me like" HEY, if you want to go for a walk..." But it has been pretty crappy out for the last couple of days so I guess I will make friends with my treadmill.

Everyone have a great night.

angieME
11-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi. I am just posting a reply to get the notifications.Bye

Kempyd
11-06-2002, 05:09 PM
That is great angie! I know you feel great with the weight lose. I know what you mean about the treadmill. I think you work harder b/c the thing doesn't stop it is set at that certain speed and like it or not you have to keep up.

Chris - sorry to hear about the slump. It happens to me too. I don't feel like I work hard enough b/c I can cover everything up. But b4 I know it, it is time to hit the water and all I do is whine. i want this year to be different. I would love to be happy that bathingsuit season is here. Well I guess I will have to wait and see.

I will be leaving to go home soon so I hope everyone has a great night and don't have to much fun without me! I'll be back in the morning.

SvelteChicky
11-06-2002, 05:53 PM
I agree AngieME, that treadmill almost mocks you, going and going and going. At least walking the dog, I can stop and get a break while she sniffs something out. I did that treadmill yesterday, and I"m still hurting! Took a walk right before dinner, and I"m so glad i got that outta the way. Now I can lay around, watch TV, play on the 'puter, and stay inside... while it rains cats and someone else's dogs.

KempyD: I hate that you don't have internet at home. We don't get to really talk. I hope i get outta this slump. I think I"ll manage through the winter, and then get revitalized by Spring to finish off the weight loss. Maybe I should maintain through the winter... that'll be my goal.

For Losing your weight so far: BRAVVVOOOO!!!!

Started at: 210
Currently: 170
Goal: 150
Don't laugh, it was **** to get this far!

angieME
11-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Chris I didn't know you started out at 210. How long has it taken to get to your current weight of 170? Great Job by the way!!! I also get depressed in the winter. I can't stand anyone for half of it.

Kempyd, you need to get the internet at home so we can all do a chat some night in the chat room. Have you guys checked that out yet? I have been on it a few times. It is fun to talk to other members of 3 Fat Chicks.

Night,Night chickies!!

SvelteChicky
11-06-2002, 06:21 PM
I have been about 200 pounds for years. I started gaingin weight in 1993, when I went away for College. Then, after I graduated, I met my husband, and, when you're in love, you sometimes get fat and happy. That was me! Then, in May of this year, at a Memorial Day pool party, my sister and I layed out by Dad's pool. There was a camera, then there were pictures, and then there was depression at the sight of my body. I'd been this weight for ever, and now it was time to change.

So, I decided to take a thermogenic pill, and sweat it off. That worked, and it also caused me to lose sleep, sweat all the time, and get irritated at everyone. I stopped taking it after about 2 months, and started to exercise and eat right. Boy, that was hard, with no pills. So, I've been 170 now for about 2 months, and I'm in a holding pattern. I haven't been this weight since I was 16 yeard old. I feel skinny. That's my story.

FlowerJenni1022
11-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Hiya gals! Miss me much? lol
I started at 211.5 (that was when I bought the new scale, s that's where I'm starting. Now I am 206.5. 7 more pounds and I'm under the 200 mark.

Chris - I had no idea you'd lost so much. (I had no idea your name was Chris either!)

Angie - I'm so proud of you! 15 POUNDS IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I guess I've got about70 more to go, but I think I'd even settle for 57. I looked pretty good when I weighed 149...... Good enough to get pregnant anyway.
:shrug: Oops! Did I say that? Well, we all learn lessons, just some people learn harder than others right? Well, be good gals, and I'll chatatcha later

Jen:smug:

angieME
11-06-2002, 07:48 PM
I finally got my pic resized to use as my avatar.

SvelteChicky
11-07-2002, 07:10 AM
AngieME: WOW! You're so pretty! (not that I"m surprised), but I didn't know we could use our pictures. I have an older one, but it's the same me. How'd you do it?

Jenni: I have no babies yet, and sometimes I wonder, am I losing this weight, so I can feel healthier when I do get pregnant? And is it pointless, sicne I'll gaina ton of weight (like my mom)... that'll put me way past where I was... just have that feeling.

I've lost about 40 pounds since May, but sometimes I look in the mirror and see that old me... with the weight. And, I wanna go to KFC. My mthr once lost 100 pounds (obesity runs in my family i think), and when she began to receive a lot of attention from others, especialy men, she didn't know how to handle it, and she put it all back on. I love her so much. NOw she's thiniking about gastric bypass. I just am afraid to be at her weight (325). I see her struggling wiht a lot of health problems.

angieME
11-07-2002, 08:05 AM
go to edit options,click change avatar.it will change pages, go to the bottom of the page and you can either select browse which will let you search your files for your pic or you can enter the URL of your pic if it is online.
My pics were too big so I had to use picture it to make them web ready.

I will change mine with every 10 pounds I lose.

Kempyd
11-07-2002, 10:53 AM
I like the pic angie. I guess I need to start doing that too. The problem is hubby has the digital camera and I never get to play with it. He uses it for work to much. Maybe I can snag it once or twice.

Kempyd
11-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Keep up the good work ladies. You all are doing great. Chris - if all youcan do is maintain over the winter then that is great. That means you didn't gain anything! Angie- I think it is great that you set your goals for 10 lbs at a time. I have to do really small about 2 lbs at a time. Other wise I fall of the wagon. Jenn - I am proud of you and all your hard work. You have come a long way since you started here at the site.

laney1733
11-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Hello.:) I've been reading your posts here for a couple of days. I find myself drawn to people whose stats are similar to mine. Am I the only weirdo? I'll do a short intro. I'm 28, married, with three kids, 7, 5, and 9 months. Both of my sisters live with us to, (one is due in Dec). So I have a very chaotic, full, house. I've struggled with my weight since I hit puberty. I am currently the smallest I've been since before I got pg with my oldest eight years ago. I'd like to be about 150 or so. Which sounds big, I know, but I haven't been that small since I was 16. I've been kind of on a plateu for the last couple weeks. Only going down aout .5 pounds a week. I walk on the treadmill for an average of 45 mins a day, but I've been eating really awful stuff. My house has been full of Halloween candy and cookies from my sisters baby shower for the past 2 weeks. That makes it hard as I have NO willpower!!:mad: I've been talking to myself though, trying to convince me that I can do better. t's like a constant battle in my mind. "I want a Kit-Kat" "You really shouldn't, you know it won't help you lose weight" "I want a Kit-Kat" "Come on, Serina, you know how many calories are in one of those! Go drink some water" "But I really want this Kit-Kat" "Don't do it. You know you'll regret it." "Yeah, you're right, I will regret it" Then I eat it anyway!!!!:devil: AARRGGGHHH! So, that's my story. I hope no one minds if I listen in here.:D Thanks!!

SvelteChicky
11-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Welcome Serina!!! We love the company, and can relate to your conversations wiht yourself. We do the same thing, I"m sure. I am originally from Columbus , Ohio. Was born at Grant Hospital. My whole family went to OSU. except me, oddball. But, I"m now in Maryland, married, also 28 yrs old, but no babies yet. So, you're in the same boat as us... we're all trying to lose. I know how ahrd htis is, and you're right, it's a battle. But, you have to find the control in yourself, and when you want that Kit Kat, try something healthy instead, and thumb your nose at junk. After a while, it gets a little easier, when you see results in your body. It never goes away, that urge to eat bad stuff. But, I know from experience, you can do it. One day at a time, and if that's too had, try one hour at a time.

Kempyd
11-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Svelte is right Serina! Also if you cn slowly stop buying all of the junk in you rhouse then you won't have to deal with it being there. If I have something tempting there that me hubby bought I make him take it to work or keep it in his truck that way it is out. I try to keep some kind of fruit around for those sugar attacks. I do allow myself some sweets ever so often.

Trust us, you are not alone.

laney1733
11-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words guys.:) Right now I'm going minute to minute, lol!:) I so don't buy the junk!! The kids trick or treat candy is my biggest obstacle right now. How can I get rid of it without making my kids cry?? My one sister is a complete junk food junky. She brings home chips and pop all the time. I don't care for chips but I love Coke.:( The other sister, the pg one, wants me to eat out with her all the time, yikes!! I am surprised that I'm still hanging though. I usually would have given up by now. At least I'm still trying. That's how I'm thinking about it anyway. Usually I just eat to be eating, but if I'm at least AWARE of my eating, that's a step in the right direction.
I live about two hours from Columbus, one of my best friends just moved there to work in the Bank One headqyarters. She really likes it. I like to visit her just for the shopping!!! There are so many interesting stores there that we don't have. I could be dangerous. Have a great one everybody!;)

SvelteChicky
11-08-2002, 08:06 AM
Laney, can't imagine having that kind of temptation in the house. Pregnant women can basicaly eat as much as they want, and they definitely don't wanna do it alone! Man, I hope you can get through that. Just think, she'll probably be here afterwards, looking for support to lose all that weight. And, you'll be here already. Then it may be easier for you. Until then, better make a plan!

Get that halloween candy outta there! Send the kids out, and let them give some away, and then when they're not looking, take it to work, or give it to a neighbor... or just throw it out. It's not worth the temptatoin. Let 'em cry... boy I sound mean, but it's so important that you think of yourself sometimes too.

Hope you're having a good week!

angieME
11-08-2002, 08:15 AM
I agree with everyone else. Throw the candy out. I gave 5 baggies full of candy to my dad to take to work and I threw 12 Butterfinger bars away because noone would eat them (but I might). You can definately do this. When you eat out just try to choose healthier options. I make pizza and taco salad and everything "fatty" at home but I use lowfat ingredients and only eat one serving of them. After a while of eating and cooking healthy you won't even want to eat out anymore.
Good Luck and please stick around, we can all help each other alot.

Kempyd
11-08-2002, 11:27 AM
DITTO,DITTO,DITTO
Get it out! You may need to sit down and talk to your sister and let her know how important this is to you. If she has to have junk around make her hide it. She might see that you are serious and have a change of heart.

laney1733
11-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Wow, thanks guys for all the sweet posts.:dizzy: Well, today has been a good one. The scale went downa pound, for a grand total of 23. And I got the best hair cut of my life. I had about 3 inches cut off and it does this cute up-flip at the bottom. I love it!! Pg sister HAD to have the Hot Dog Shoppe after my appointment, but I did good. I always order 2 hot dogs w/ chili, a vanilla shake and fries. But today I had water, one dog and split fries with my sis. I'm so proud of me!! No, they don't have salads or anything but burgers and dogs, so my options were limited in that area. But my portions were good, so I'm satisfied.
Pg sister will definately be dieting as soon as the baby is born. She has always been small but has gained 50 pounds with the pg and is distraut. The baby is due Christmas day so that will be a big help to me with my New Years Resolution to stick to my healthier eating and exercise.
I think I am going to start giving the candy away a little at a time. A baggie here and a baggie there, they'll never notice!! I hope. I can't imagine throwing out 12 Butterfingers! That is willpower at its finast. You go girl!!:D Thanks everyone, and have a great one!!

FlowerJenni1022
11-08-2002, 10:00 PM
I missed you girls yesterday! I didn't get to post or say Welcome to laney!

Laney - I know how you feel. I'm 27 and have 2 kids, and their halloween candy gave me a run for my money. One thing you can do, is get them treats that they like, but you don't like. For me it's m&m's. Crazy huh?

I'm feeling blue again..... I think I'm just lonely for some adult companionship. I get a little crabby when i haven't had in adult time to myself, and I can't afford a babysitter. My folks don't like to watch them much, because they get worn out, and Dad's always working (home office). I sound like a big ole pity party huh?

OH! Angie - you are so pretty!! I'm glad we get to see the real you! I'll have to find a recent photo of me and get it on here. Well, Off I go, to try and get these cray kids to go to sleep.

Good night!:sssh:

SvelteChicky
11-09-2002, 09:31 AM
Yee-Haa! Thanks to AngieME, who resized my picture for me... Here I Am!!! Took forever to get on last night, so I gave up and went to bed. It's a breeze now, though. I took hubby for a walk, adfter receivingan awful phone call fro our doctor. Doc says, insuranc ecompany will pay for a certain treatment, but Doctor won't do it. What do we do? I could see DH getting really stressed, so I begged him to go out and take a walk with me. It was slower than I"m used to, but was good to have the company.

Eating right.. meaning, eating just enough, and afraid to cheat right now. Had a great day, yesterday, bought new undies and stuff. That was great! I feel pretty.

Thank God there's no candy here. I'd be hiding them in my sock drawer, lest my hubby eat 'em first. We're chocolate junkies here.

angieME
11-09-2002, 09:42 AM
Looking good Chris!!! Are you going to have another doctor perform the procedure? I hope it works out for you guys. I stepped on the scales again. It said a loss of 2 more pounds...I think this weight (hopefully) is gonna come off as fast as I gained it. I gained the majority of it this summer. Sad,huh?The minute I stopped exercising I just ballooned.
Well we are off to the animal shelter to donate some supplies and my daughters birthday money..

If anyone else needs a pic resized just email it to me and I will shrink it and mail it back to you.

Talk to ya later

SvelteChicky
11-09-2002, 02:37 PM
AngieME, sounds like you could start your own resizing business, huh? I'm amazed how fast you did it for me. Thanks again!

Glad to hear that you are off to the shelter to donate. Most people go there to look at animals, and forget what it takes to run those places. I used to volunteer with one of my clients. It ain't a pretty job, but somebody's gotta go in there. So, kudos for the fundraiser!

After talking it over the hubby, we're planning to start interviewing, literally, a few doctors in the area, and see who will use alternative therapies (just in case), and who will be proactive with his Crohns Disease. I mean, if pregnant women do this interviewing thing, why not us? We need to know for sure that they wanna take on this challenge. Then we'll feel secure knowing our doctor cares, and we'll discuss the importance of this treatment,a dnsee what they'd "hypothetically" do in this case. Hey, balls in our court, I figure. SO, Monday, we'll start making appointments.

Did lots of yard stuff today, and got in an early morning walk. I'm beat, so we'll watch a movie, get some chinese, and lay around in flannel PJ's all night. See ya tomorrow!

laney1733
11-09-2002, 08:45 PM
FlowerJenni, you do not sound like pity party! I know just how you feel and I sympathize. My dh has been working about 80 hours a week this last week and it's about to kill me. The baby is teething and the other two seem to need me constantly. I can't even get a seconds peace in the bathroom!!:( My mom usually watches at least the older two for a few hours each weekend but they are out of town. I sooo know how you feel. Have you ever heard that saying, "It takes a village...(to raise a child)" I so believe it!! We moms need a break too. My thoughts are with you.
AngieM, you are doing so aqmazingly well!! I'll admit, I'm a wee bit jealous.;) Congrats on all your hard work.
All of your pics are awsome! I love having a visual on who I'm conversing with. We don't have a digital camera or a scanner so I shall remain a mystery!!
And I gave away a big, ole bag of Halloween candy to a friend today. Yeah me!! Have a great one everybody.:)

FlowerJenni1022
11-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Well, I made it through Saturday.... sort of. I DID eat ice cream and cheese balls..... BUT, I went to the store, so now there is something other than just junk to munch on. Oh! And I discovered they are making Diet Cherry Coke! I bought one at the gas station and it was actually good. Only problem is Walmart didn't have any. The coke guy was there, and I asked and he said they didn't have any except up by the registers in single 20 ounce bottles, and I couldn't find any.

So, I'll have to pay the too high prices at the gas station I guess. I had a great day though. My ex took the kids from 11:30 to 6:30 and I had some quality "mommy" time. Took a nap, Took a shower (without any little eyes peeking in), and shopped at walmart in peace. It rocked. And, I bought myself a killer shirt at Cato. Do yall have Cato in your home towns? I love their stuff, and benig a 22, they have a lot of wonderful plus size stuff..... Even better, They have regular stuff too, so when I get skinny I can still shop there. DIllard's has a lot of nice plus stuff too, but it is sooo expensive! Okay, I c'm babbling again. Happy Sunday girls!! - Jen

angieME
11-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Jen I am glad you had a nice day. Taking care of your kids by yourself you definately deserve some mommytime.

Chris, Good for you. I would be interviewing doctors too. Your husband deserves the best possible care there
is and if your current doc isn't doing it than he shouldn't be getting your money.

Kempyd, I hope you had a great weekend!!!

Serina, You are so lucky to have your mom atke your kids a couple of hours each week. I can never get rid of mine. LOL they are with me all the time. Thank goodness for school that is me and hubbys only alone time.

SvelteChicky
11-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey girls, hope you've done okay during this weekend. Saw grandpa at the nurisng home, took hinm out to chinese. Did okay eating wise. I'm good at chinese. Hard to cheat wiht all those veggies around! Hubby feeling run down, but no ER visits. Thank God. Spent the afternoon with my very critical father... who mentioned he's dating someone. This is a big deal, since he's been married 3 times, and was dumped by all three. But, maybe a new flame will lighten him up, and he'll ease off picking on me. He did mention I look great though, for osme reason that matters to me.

Feeling so tired, realyl dreary day. Treid to talk hubby into doing sunday school without me. I hardly slept last night... but wen tin anyway glad I did really. Those teens need us to be there.

All you girls who have kids... we have none yet, but I'd love to hear little kids around here. It's always way too quiet. Dogs don't count for kids in that way. Happy Sunday right back at ya!

angieME
11-10-2002, 04:34 PM
OMG if I tried to eat chinese food I would so be off the wagon!!!! Lo mein is my downfall. I could literally eat it for every meal. I wish I could make it lowfat at home but I really like it the best when it has extra oil in it. sick huh?

Me and Jay did so good yesterday instead of a Tender Roast sandwich we decided on Subway. and it was yummy. We did the river walk today and it was nice. I just went out and put my Christmas lights on the deck and hubby needs to do the isicle lights around the house.:df:

FlowerJenni1022
11-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Good Evening girls! We had a great day. We didn't get to go to church because the baby's car seat was not latching stil, so I washed it really good and discovered a straw wrapper jammed in the latch thingy. Got it fixed, and then my folks picked us up and we went to "depot days" It's a little craft fair thing with a train ride and pony rides and stuff for the kids. It was a lot of fun.

My fridge is on the fritz, so i have all the milk and such in an ice chest. It sounds like you are all ending the weekend on a good note and I'm so happy! I didn't ride my bike, but we did a lot of walking at the thing today, so I got a little exercise that way.

I hope everyone has a super week and all you gals up north try to stay warm. I hate to tell you but I was sweating my buns off outside today...... It was HOT. In November. Go figure, I guess that's Florida for ya, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's cold tomorrow. Take care girls!

Hugs, Jen

Kempyd
11-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Jenn - it was hot here too. I woke up yesterday and it was 76. And of course the humidity was around 80%. I think I felt my gills coming out.

I missed so much not having a computer for the weekends. I miss reading what you guys do. I painted ALL WEEKEND. We didn't stop until last night around 5:00. My body hates me right about now.

I hope everyone is doing great today. I will be checking in periodically during the day and I hope to see some new posts from my friends!

angieME
11-11-2002, 11:21 AM
We miss you on the weekends too!!! I hate painting too. I like the idea but I just want it done right after I start! LOL I hope you all were good this weekend. What are we gonna do for Thanksgiving and CVhristmas? That is such a hard time for me. I want to make a pact right now that I will not mess up for the holidays. I want to be 130 pounds by my birthday.

Kempyd
11-11-2002, 11:36 AM
Angie - you are like me on this site all day. I never seem to get off even when to ole boss is around. Of course it makes me look busy all of the feverd typing going on.

SvelteChicky
11-11-2002, 03:06 PM
KempyD: it's so worht it having internet at home. I'd die without it. Painting takes the life outta ya. It hurts all over I can imagine. But I bet the finished look is fantastic! How was it with the girls around? Did you do good?

Angie ME: 130 by your birthday?! Wow, that' a goal alright! What's your weight now? And whens your BD? Mines on the 26th of this month. I'll be 28. I feel old, which usually makes people laugh, but it's true.

Jenni: HOT!!! did you say HOT!!! What the heck! it's rainy and huid, and it's like FALL. Remember, FALL! You guys have al lthe luck. Id kill to have 60's here. Then I could do garden stuff, instaed of watching everything turn brown and die. Man, I wish we had year long perfect weather.

KempyD: still weight training?

Got a walk in yesterday, and thank god, aerobics tonihgt. I pray I sweat my *** off, literally. It's been over a week wihtout it, hope I remember the steps. I alway sfeel good when I know what I"m doing. Out instructor is wonderful there. Hey, Question: should I sweat when I walk? Because when I first started walking, i'd sweat. But now, i'm not. So, should I be sweating now?

SvelteChicky
11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Oh, Im all for a pact over the Holidays. Wow, I'm still thinking about taht 130 pounds. I'd have to starve myself for that one. My goal was 150. Now i"m goaling for maintaining for now.

AngieME: from your picture, I'd say you're about 150? How much weight have you lost in all?

You too, KempyD: whats your overall loss so far?

And Jenni: I know you're losing, what's the number?

Kempyd
11-11-2002, 03:27 PM
I am down about 5 lbs. I guess that is ok. Better than gaining anything. It is ok not to sweat as long as your heart rate is up high enough. If it is not warm enough I know I have a hard time sweating but my heart rate is going good so I know I am working in the right zone. I havn't started back on the weights. That was supposed to be this morning but I couldn't get out of bed.

I have been pricing computers today. I am thinking about getting a new one and haveing internet at home so I can chat with you guys at night and on the weekends. Maybe that will give me something to do when hubby isn't home so I won't eat.

angieME
11-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Chris, I weigh 191 right now and my birthday is July 1 so that gives me 8 1/2 months to lose 61 pounds. I lost 135 in just under 12 months so I should be able to do this.(hopefully) Wanna hear something neat about my birthday? It is the same day as my mom's and my twins. Mom turned 18 the day I was born and I turned 21 the day the twins were born. Strange huh?

Kempyd, The computer really does help me not eat at night. I actually eat my supper while I read everyones journals and when i am done eating I am so busy still reading that I forget all about eating any seconds. Then later in the evening I will go into the chatroom (which is missing right now) and talk to other members.

Kempyd
11-11-2002, 04:45 PM
Angie - COOL COOL COOL..... we have the SAME B-DAY!!!!! I knew I liked you for some reason. Something weird too is that it is my grandfathers b-day too. That is to weird. If you lived closer we could celebrate together.

I am one step closer to the computer at home. I think my hubby is ok with the one that I want!!!!

angieME
11-11-2002, 07:49 PM
wow. At least we won't be able to forget each others birthday!!! LOL. I have a Dell computer. I haven't had any trouble with it yet. I can't wait until you get one then we can keep up with each other at night and on weekends too.

SvelteChicky
11-11-2002, 08:29 PM
AngieME: I had on idea you'd already lost 135 pounds, that's amazing! Good for you! Now, how'd you do it in such a short itme?! My mom weighs like 300 pounds, and she has lost about 100 pounds before, but she put it all back on. I just can't picture you that heavy. but I'm s proud of you so far, and if you can do that, you'll have no problem wiht the last ones. You go girl!!! WOW!

KampyD: can't wait to hear that you're gettinga 'puter. That way, when hubby's away, we can all touch base, and cheer each other up. I hate waiting all weekend for updates.

angieME
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Well, i lost the 135 2 years a go and I gained back 76 of that. that is what I came here to lose. I think i can lose it by July. I had to exercise for 1 1/2 hours every single day to lose it last time. I am a statistic I guess. You know by gaining it back. I figured I better get back on track before I gained it all back.

FlowerJenni1022
11-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Howdy folks. I was 206.5 as of this morning. that's still only 5 pounds, but I haven't been exercising so it's my own fault. It rained all day and it is still raining now. That was one bad storm.... I'm glad we didn't get the tornado part here. Very scary.

Kempyd - I'm so excited that you are going to get a computer!! That rocks.

Angie - How did you motivate yourself to exercise so much? I can't even get my house clean, much less get exercise in. What's the secret?

Well, I hope you ladies have a great day tomorrow. I'll talk to you later.

Hugs - Jenni

SvelteChicky
11-12-2002, 07:21 AM
AngieME: that's a lotta moving and grooving! 1 1/2 hours a day, wa that aerobics of something? I usually walk every day, except Mon/Wed, that's my aerobics class. Which , i went to last niht, thank god, i sweated like I was on fire! I really needed it though.

I have a friend from Missouri coming up tonihgt, and i'll have her here until friday night I' m so excited I can barely wait! My instructor tol dme I could bring her to aerobics wed night. Hope she doesn't feel silly, there's a lot of steps you gotta know. But, i hope she has fun with me. Still teetering at 170 pounds. Feeling good about myself. Just hoping I can stay this way throughout the cheese balls and turkey drumsticks.

Kempyd
11-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey guys I am trying to scan some pictures today but I can't seem to get the scanner to work. I will let you know when I get them in. If you pm me your e-mail address I will send then to you.

Kempyd
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Hey everybody, I ordered my computer today. They said it should ship out on the 19th. :cp: :cp: :cb: Before long we will be chattn' at night and the weekends. I can't contain myself!

SvelteChicky
11-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Woo-Hoo! Good for you! It'll be great to touch base at weird hours, instead of waiting for Monday-Fri 9-5.. i hate banking hours.

angieME
11-13-2002, 08:03 AM
I lost 3.5 pounds this week!!! My total lost so far is 18.5 pounds!!! I can't wait until I hit my goal.Of course it is raining outside so I guess it is the treadmill today. I enjoy being outside so much more.

I hope everyone has a great day.

206.5/188.0/130.0

Kempyd
11-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Angie - that for trying to help with the avatar. I hope we will get it right soon.

angieME
11-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Do any of you use a pedometer? If so do you like it and which one is best?

FlowerJenni1022
11-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Hi, I couldn't get the site to come up last night so I didn't get to post. Anyway, I cleaned my living/Dining room last night, and the kitchen tonight, so I'm feeling better about the mess.

Oh, guess what! I did not drink ANY regular coke today. That is way to cool, because I usually live off the stuff.

Work is starting to get busy again, so that will be good. I hope yall are all doing ok. Nighty Night.

laney1733
11-13-2002, 10:47 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of getting a pedometer too. But then I got my treadmill, it got cold and I stopped walking outside!:D But I think I'll get one in the spring when I come out of hibernation. I have a thing on my bike that keeps track of your speed, distance and time and I love that. I find it very motivating. So I think I would like having a pedometer. I like stats. God bless you with the 1 & 1/2 hours a day! That is devotion. Right now I'm doing an hour a day, six days a week. I'm hoping that for matenance I can do 30-45 mins 4-5 days a week. Does that seem realistic? I have been in and out because of computer problems. My sister gought a new computer last week and my dh has been trying to network them together and it has been a complete disaster. I've had no internet access most of this week. I'm getting a bit testy!:mad: Angie, that's neat with the birthdays. We have something similar, mine is Feb 3. My son is the second and my daughter is the first. It's a very expensive month!! On another note, has anyone ever ordered workout clothes from Junonia? I'm thinking about getting some bike type shorts a sleeveless tee of some sort. If they're worth the price, I was thinking about ordering from them. Anyone know anything about their quality? Thanks all, have a great week!!:)

SvelteChicky
11-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Wow, I glad we're all doing well. I would love a pedometer, expecially since I read a book about fitness walking, and it said I should be walking 3 miles per day. 3! I usually walk about 1 mile through the neighborhood, and by the time I get home, i'm whooped, not sweaty, but tired. I was thinking, I walk the dog.. that's how I walk. I wanna get a CD walkman, so I can get a fast paced CD, and walk faster, maybe a few times without the dog... then I can get more of a workout. She kinda slows me down.

Took my friend wiht me to aerobics, and am so glad I didn'thave to skip. SHe's here for outta town, and I begged her to go. SHe fumbled all over the place, bu tshe says she gotta workout, so that's great! Loved the company.... and now I know what a true friend will endure for me! Ha Ha!

Still on track. Staying at 170, which I think I wanna start upping the intensity of my exercise, and keep losing. I love my look now, but I'm afraid if I sit here at this weight for long, i"ll start making excuses when I start gaining. And I will start gaining. I can feel the motivation waning.

Gongrats on the weight losses girls! Keep up the energy, and dont lose faith.

Oh, I"ve seen the Junonia catalog, and I"m hesitant to order from a catalog, the shipping kills me. And, you never know about the sizing. I'd rather go to a thrift store, or wal-mart. I'd kill for some great Yoga pants.

Must be a Computer-Buying Frenzy around here! Yee-Haa!

Kempyd
11-14-2002, 11:24 AM
I have ordered from IN-Sport. Their stuff in kind of exspensive but it is a great quality. I order it to sell here at the gym. I love the stuff I bougt. The stuff has a wicking material that takes the sweat away from you skin. I don't know about you guys but I get very sweaty and I hate it sticking to me.

FlowerJenni1022
11-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Ugh. I would just like to say, that if any of you have a really stressful day, Don't order pizza for dinner. I am sooo sick. Not to be gross, but I've been on the pot more than not tonight.

Work and kids had me so stressed, and i said, Fine, I'll eat. Bad idea. One good thing is, hopefully all the pizza is gone now and will not have had time to soak into bigger fat cells. TGTF! I'm supposed to go to "ladies night" at mom's church. I hope the meal is bland, and lowfat (You think it will be at a Southern Baptist church? Those women love to cook.)

Well, take care girls, and beware the pizza belly monster!:jeno: :tape:

Hugs, Jen

Kempyd
11-15-2002, 10:48 AM
I know who southern women are and I don't think you will have any luck with a low fat dinner. I don't think we know what that means down here.

FlowerJenni1022
11-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Well, the dinner was definitely NOT lowfat. I think I hit between 2600 - 2900 calories today. I'll be ok. I'll try to be really good tomorrow and exercise too. My throat is really scratchy, I feel like gagging. I can't even say 1 word without that gag reflex kicking in. Makes keeping the kids under control very hard. I hope it isn't going to be strep AGAIN. That kicked my butt about 2 months ago. Night Night.

Jen

SvelteChicky
11-16-2002, 08:03 AM
I've never been able to count calories, or to know how many calories I"ve eaten. I"m better with guessing fat grams. DOn't worry Jenni, one night of being bad won't stop you from losing, if you continue to eat right the rest of the week, and exercise. Sounds like you're heading for sore throat, so you'll probably be in soup soon. DOn't push yourself to work out when you're sick. That makes it harder for your body to recover. Just read that somewhere.

My friend from college left last night, after a fabulous dinner with her family. My hubby came along, and chatted up with a cousin. Looked ilke he could've been a Soprano. Scary!

I haven't walked in two days, and I'm planning to be busy wiht a ham dinner tonight at church. SInce I"m serving, it'll keep my hands outta the food. Hopefully.

Southern Women --- mom is one. Eat honey, Eat! (her words)... I"d be fed so often, you'd think I was on infant feeding schedule! Ha Ha! Good luck.

FlowerJenni1022
11-16-2002, 10:17 PM
I ate too much again. Well actually I didn't EAT too much. I drank too much regular coke. I was lazy and didn't want to make lemonade or tea. I DO have a cold... ugh.

My kids were really bad (mostly my boy). He won't listen to me. He's so stubborn. Nothing I've tried works all the time. And I can't seem to figure out what works when. Anyway, I had a meltdown and called my mom. She came to my rescue and took them to her house for the afternoon. I cleaned and vacuumed my car, went to WalMart and cleaned and vacuumed my room. I also made the Caramel Apple Bread pudding from the online cookbook here, and when my folks got back with the kids, I gave them some.

We all loved it, and it's only got 1 gram of fat!! Woo Hoo! And NO artificial sweeteners. Praise god for unsweetened applesauce. I'm a jabber box tonight. Adieu!!:queen:

SvelteChicky
11-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Good Morning! I've had a weird week, first had a friend visit from college, wed-friday night. She taught me about scarbooking, so that was consuming and I'm hooked! Went to Wal-Mart, and started scrapping college, then shifted to this summer with mom and sister and nephew. Totally distracintg for everyday life. I forget to eat, hardly watched TV. Really great hobby, and I know I"ll stick with it.

Didn't walk Thurs-Fri. And ate regular.. meaning ... pre-diet stuff. But, then yesterday (saturday)...we set up , cooked, served, and then cleaned up, a Ham dinner for a little cancer child. Kept moving, on my feet, and now I"m achey all over. I was so hard to get to sleep last night, my feet hurt once I stopped moving!!

I"m counting that as exercise, definitely. Today, I'm gonna take along walk, and then do nothing.. after church. Ta Ta!

FlowerJenni1022
11-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Today was pretty good. Didn't do too bad on the eating. Kids were better, except at the grocery, but we still have colds. I think mine is the worst at the moment. Little girl's nose is runny, but I keep coughing. Hope we get better and stay away from icky flu bugs. Nothing much else to report, oh except I made the broccoli cheese bake from the cookbook here on the site, and it was tasty. The kids liked it too. Very cool. Take care girls, and have s uperfly Monday!!
higs, Jen:D

SvelteChicky
11-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Hey ladies, hope you had a great weekend overall. It's freezing here, and I"m forgetting to bundle up, even to get to the mailbox. I'm also getting a cold. We worked this weekend on a Ham Dinner benefit. Luckily, I worked more than ate, so i"m alright. Hubby in the ER last night. Praying the doctor will give us other options. Praying. Have aerobics tonihgt, and I"m finding myself getting really achey afterwards. Maybe its the weather. I"ll keep it consistent, and hope I stay at my current weight. Take care, and keep moving!

Kempyd
11-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey guys! Sorry to hear about you feeling bad. I am fighting something too. OF course it only makes me feel bad in the morning. Imagine that. Then I don't think I can make it to workout. The weekend was pretty uneventful. I raked the yard and watched some tv. We went to the grocery and spent way to much money. We were both hungry if that gives you any idea. Hubby HAD to have some coconut macaroons in the deli. They couldn't come in a normal size either. I am having to use some seriouse control right now. At least I am work now so I don't have to see them.

I will be getting the computer either today or tomorrow. I can't wait. I am sure I will have to let him play the first night though. But after that it is all mine!!!! I already told him that I want a sim game for it. Have any of you ever played that? Very addictive.

FlowerJenni1022
11-18-2002, 07:09 PM
I've never played the sims, but I saw it at Target last night and really wanted to get it LOL. It was $40 though.... not in the budget.

Where is Angie?? Is it just me or has she not posted in a while?

My girl has a really bad ear infection. I feel so sorry for her. She just cries and cries til the motrin kicks in. She had a fever today too, so I had to leave work at 11 and pick her up. She can't go back tomorrow either, and nobody can keep her for me. My boss is going to love it. (My paycheck will too - NOT)

Doing good on my eating today though. That's the good news.

Take care girls, and feel better soon. I'm still coughing and sneezing too. I'm really excited about you getting your computer Kempyd. :) Very Very cool. Let me know if sims is worth the $$

hugs (not higs - Is a hig a hug from a pig?? Just wondering),
Jen

angieME
11-18-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm still here.Just been busy digging out from the snowstorm and getting all my errands done this weekend. I just got news that I am only going to have half a pacheck for the week of Dec 7 and the whole month of January. that's gonna hurt. My in laws have a bakery and we supply the donuts to them from our shop so when she closes I lose money. OUCH!!Luckily I still have my wholesale store accounts to help tide us over.

I am glad you are doing good on your eating today Jen. Way to go girl.

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 10:30 AM
I GOT THE COMPUTER!!!!!!! It came in last night. I didn't get on line last night b/c we are getting DSL. They will hook us up tomorrow. So one more day of only checking in during the day. I think I can handle that. It is so pretty. I didn't think I would ever think that about a computer. We got a flat screen so it doesn't take up to much room and the mouse is one of those infared ones (no ball on the bottm), it lights up red when you move it. Pretty cool.

angieME
11-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Alright Kempy!!! I would like the flat screen too. I can't believe how big and heavy this screen is. Is the mouse a cordless one? I want one of those because it seems like I am always yanking on the cord for this one. Is your computer black? I like the black ones.

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 10:53 AM
The mouse has a cord to it. I thought it wouldn't but it does. It is black I thought all dell's were.

I asked hubby for the sims game for Christmas. He is trying to get it for me know. I want to have something to open. We usually don't get each other anything b/c we get want we want all year round.

SvelteChicky
11-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey girls, Love that you have a new computer! We also got another computer -- not new, hande ddown. One family member gets a new one, and we are start the hand me down game. So I have grandma's, and it took all nihgt, and into this afternon to get me back online. We have a cable modem, and blah blah blah, i'm finally back here. I hate losing internet. Well, out new comuter has a grat screen, and the pictures are digital I think, because it's better than ours was. I love it. ALso, it's more advance, with Wiondows ME installe.d For some reason, that's really cool to me. I seldom get new electronics, so I'm happy with this one. Well, now that i'm back, waddaya say we start another thread? This one's getting long again? Anyone wanna lead the way? Just leave a message to find the new one, and we can all switch over. Let us know!

Kempyd
11-19-2002, 02:02 PM
I would but I can't think of anything catchy to call it.

SvelteChicky
11-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Alrighty Girls.. I started a new thread. Called "Tough Chicks at Large" Figured I'd get outta the cutesy stuff, and get MEAN!! Look in Support, and you'll find me... Usually you only get a bout 6 pages on a thread, so I figured it's time again to start over!