Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #1  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Default Moving in over here!

Hey ladies

I haven't been on the WLS section of 3FC before. I started pursuing WLS at the end of 2009, finished my pre-op requirements and was about a month from surgery when work took my family to NC unexpectedly and I had to opt out.

We are back in MN now and I called up my bariatric program to see if I could start over again and was pleasantly surprised to hear that because all of my classes and dr.s appointments had been done within a year I could just pick up where I left off!

My surgery is set for Dec 2nd. I am having a laproscopic RNY (Gastric Bypass) and am quite excited, anxious, and afraid all at the same time.

After I found out I was going to be back in the WLS program I came online looking for others who were. I tried some forums geared specifically as WLS patients but just didn't really feel the friendliness that I have felt at 3FC, so I was so very happy to see the surgery section here.

I look forward to talking with you all and sharing our stories!
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

welcome aboard mama!!!! there's ALWAYS room for one more! it's FABULOUS that you could just pick up where you left off! and even better that you didn't stay in NC for year. whew!

so, tell us - just how nervous ARE you????
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #3  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

I'm very nervous! But honestly I think I am more excited than I am nervous. I have twin girls who are about to turn 3 and I can't wait to be able to run after them like I was to!

I have had a few family members who have had the RNY surgery and they are all doing quite well.

I think I am more nervous about doing the 10 day liquid diet and drinking the calcium citrate than I am nervous about the surgery itself, lol!
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote