Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 8 (11/08 - 11/14)

Bigmid
11-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone,
Here we are at week 8 and I know this will be a good one. 8 is my favorite number.

What is your favorite number

Bigmid
11-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Okay everyone results are posted and the Blue Team is back on top for week 7.....WooHoo!!!!!! Let's keep this up through week 8.

Congratulations to our biggest losers for the week:

Biggest Loser:
Muffentop, -5.8 lbs, -2.96%

Honorable mentions:
Gracie789, -3 lbs, -2.07%
Bigmid, -3.6 lbs, -2.06%
MamaP, -2.4 lbs, -1.12%

Team loss of: -23.7 lbs, -.46%

Great job everyone

Reminder to post your weights we lost another member tonight with quite a few who will be next week if you don't WI

JackieHollow
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
CONGRATS Blue team!!!!!! I'm proud of everyone. And A super high five to muffen!! Way to rock that weight loss girlie!

I know I can be doing better. I know I *NEED* to be. I am losing steadily, but not at the rate I would like. If I weren't just so darn lazy!

I don't know that I have a vaforite number.. If I *HAD* to choose, I suppose I'd pick 7. No clue why. LOL

Hoping week 8 is great for everyone! I plan to be more focused this week!

Mercy03
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I love the number 8,as in b-day month,8 pounds gained on this challenge:devil:.

So my new challenge is to lose the 8 that I gained:D

Rochester
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Congrats Blue Team and Muffentop! :cheer3:

I've never really thought about having a favorite number, but I do know that I view numbers as having personalities. (That's weird, isn't it? :o) 8 is very balanced and straight-forward. 7 and 1 are both abrupt and angry. 3 is laid back and poetic. 6 is very maternal. 2 is devious. 4 is artistic. 5 is graceful and lovely. 9 is shrewish and demanding.

gypsychic
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
go blue :D

JackieHollow
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
LOL Rochester. I've never thought of numbers with personalities!

It's quiet in here. Hope everyone is doing well!

Bigmid
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi sorry I didn't check in yesterday I was having a very bad day at work. Then I went home and wanted to work out downstairs but my cousin (who is staying with us for 2 months) was watching tv. But instead of doing nothing I bundled up and went for a walk. I started to run then kept going.....I did a half hour straight I've never done that before. So angry and cold may be the magic solution. I've been really hungry today and only have 100 calories left for the day. I know I'll be going over that.

Mercy - I'm right there with you. Let's get rid of this somehow. Not sure but I really need to get my head back on straight.

Hello to everyone else I'll be back for personals.

Mercy03
11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi sorry I didn't check in yesterday I was having a very bad day at work. Then I went home and wanted to work out downstairs but my cousin (who is staying with us for 2 months) was watching tv. But instead of doing nothing I bundled up and went for a walk. I started to run then kept going.....I did a half hour straight I've never done that before. So angry and cold may be the magic solution. I've been really hungry today and only have 100 calories left for the day. I know I'll be going over that.

Mercy - I'm right there with you. Let's get rid of this somehow. Not sure but I really need to get my head back on straight.

Hello to everyone else I'll be back for personals.

I think we both have had a bad stretch.Mine started with my mother and it lasted for 3 weeks.Yesterday I seemed to have snapped out of it.I did 2 Leslie Sansone walks and ENJOYED it,something that I haven't been able to do,much less enjoy.I can't tell you why I was feeling so crappy and why I snapped out of it,but I can tell you that I was scared ****less that I was going to lose everything that I had gained and I was hating myself for that.

I'm glad that I stuck around here though and Jackie I know that you will pull out of this.

QuilterInVA
11-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Good evening, ladies! Congratulations to all of you. I'm really proud to be on the blue team. I was at a quilting retreat for 5 days with no choice for meals. I'm up a pound but think it might be sodium because I don't cook with salt at home so hopefully I'll have it gone by my WI on Saturday.

I can't wait for the new program. I think it may be just the thing I need to finally get to goal.

MamaP
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm back in town after going to North Carolina to visit my daughter and her family and to attend the Marine Corps Ball. I'm exhausted and totally buried at work. Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm up a few pounds so far this week but hopefully they won't stick around long.

Bigmid
11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Just a quick hello before bed. I've done a new exercise routine for the last two days and it feels good. The exercise is definitely back on track the last two weeks. Now to get the eating back there. I will exercise again tomorrow if I can walk:)
Be back in the morning for personals

Sameen
11-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Hello everyone. Sorry i missed last weeks weigh in. My laptop had gone for fixing and i just wasnt able to get my hands on a computer. how is everyone doing. i see the blue team won again:)
go blue!
i have stopped exercising... COMPLETELY
not proud of it. weigh loss has become a snail. i haven't lost anything in two weeks now.
and i like the number 8.
infact i would like to loose eight pounds by the end of this month:P
do you think i'll be able to be under 200 by Christmas?
i really need to work on that. Everyone i know is coming down for vacations. my friends have not seen me since i have started this diet and i would really like them to see me under 200lbs.
i will be more focused this week..... hopefully!
how is everyone else?

Bigmid
11-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Morning blue team the sun is shining and it's going to be a great day. I already did one workout and Nancy is coming over later and we are going for a walk.

Make sure to take a minute and remember our veterans today

I don't think I'll be posting a loss this week in fact it may be a small gain again. My eating is a bit off but the exercise is good and I think my muscles are holding on to a bit of water from actually using them again.

Jackie - 7 is supposed to be a lucky number

Rochester - your number personalities are funny....I like it

gypsychic - hello

Mercy - so glad you snapped out of it now can you slap me out of it...lol I am back on track with the exercise it's the eating and it's weird as I thought with no occasions from halloween to Christmas I should be able to go right back into my eating healthy....my mind has other motives. I think I'm winterizing....but I need to stop. It's getting better but it needs to be perfect.

QuilterInVa - welcome back I hope you had a good time and got lots done. Well done on only putting on a pound that's awesome seeing as you had no control over the food choices. What new program are you waiting for....or did I miss something

MamaP - how was the visit and was the ball fantastic. I see you have a new picture I haven't looked at it yet but will after this

Sameen - no problem as computers are a funny breed....and they work when they want to not when we want them to. As for under 200 by Christmas...if your ticker is up to date....it is do able but I think it would be dangerous to lose that much in such a short amount of time. It would be better to start your exercise again and being toned at a little higher weight is still better then flabby (like me) at a lower weight. You have done amazing since being on these challanges just don't forget how far you have already come. You look fantastic and your family and friends will think so too. Be healthy

Well going to go for now everyone have a great OP day

Hello to all the rest of the team.....where are all of you

QuilterInVA
11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
BigMid, I'm waiting for the new WW plan which comes out November 28. Free fruit as well as vegetables!

Rochester
11-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Blue Peoples! :wave:

I've had a rough week. :( The time change totally throws my body out-of-whack so it doesn't know when to eat and when to sleep. And for some reason, I've been having nightmares and haven't slept through the night since Saturday. Ugh. I've also been craving carbs something fierce. I would do illegal things for potato chips right now, I swear. :lol:

I've managed to stay on track with my numbers but my choices haven't been great. (Doing things like counting banana bread as a fruit. :o) And I've still been exercising though I definitely have not been pushing the intensity. I did have a good hard run this afternoon, though, and it felt fantastic. Of course, after that run I stopped at the coffee shop for a pumpkin spice latte.... :o

Here's to better days! :cheers:

JackieHollow
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Hola smurfs. ;)

Just checkin' in before I go off to a scalding bath. I'm having a terrible backache and hoping the bath helps.

I am doing ok with food. Went out to eat yesterday, ate half my plate, and that was it. I've drank 200oz of water to try and flush the sodium, and am not peeing near as much as I should be. Blasted sodium. Hoping to drink 150-200 tomorrow. Maybe it'll start flushing through!

I'm so close to 45 lbs gone I can TASTE it. Unfortunately I want to TASTE everything else in my field of vision.

Exercise is NOT good at my house. I'm amazed at everyone that can say "My exercise is great, but eating not so much". My exercise is the FIRST thing to go. Guess I'm just lazy by nature. I'm doing some, just not what I should be.

Well, off to a hot bath. I'll do personals later.

Mercy03
11-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Mercy - so glad you snapped out of it now can you slap me out of it...lol I am back on track with the exercise it's the eating and it's weird as I thought with no occasions from halloween to Christmas I should be able to go right back into my eating healthy....my mind has other motives. I think I'm winterizing....but I need to stop. It's getting better but it needs to be perfect.:club::club::club:

Consider yourself slapped:):hug::hug:

fitin2008
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, I've been having a hard time with daylight savings time too. Haven't been able to get myself up early to exercise since it started. It's funny I thought it would be easier since it's lighter outside in the mornings. This time of year is always tough on me. I miss all of the fresh fruits of summer and crave comfort food. I do love the fall though. The weather and outdoors are so beautiful right now. I should get out more and enjoy it.

My daughter is running her half marathon tomorrow. We are all getting up early to go cheer her on. Wasn't there someone on our team whose running a 5K tomorrow?

MamaP- you look amazing in your dress! Hope the ball was fun.

JackieHollow-hope your back's feeling better

Mercy-so glad your back on track. I need to get back there. This is the longest I've gone off plan since April. It's very scary. I don't have anymore freebies left so I need to get with it.

Sameen- I think you can do it. You haven't lost anything in two weeks so you could have a big woosh. Go for it. At the very least you'll get close to being under 200 and you'll stay away from all the temptations during this Holiday Season.

QuilterInVA
11-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Good evening, ladies! I'm happy to report I was down another pound at WW today. I consider that good considering I was out of town 4 days and then had lunch out 3 days this week.

JackieHollow
11-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone! Hope you are ready for your weigh in tomorrow!

Me? Not so much. I had a BAD evening last night with food. I was up a pound today (but still down from last week). HOPING tomorrow shows me some slack and I'm back to where I was.

I've decided that by New Years I want to be in the 240s. Even 249. It would be so nice to give myself a present of being closer to 200 than 300!!

Quilter, congrats on that lb!!

Fit how great for your daughter!!! I always tell myself how I'd like to accomplish something like that... then remember how much I hate to run!! ;) I admire those that do it tho.

Rochester.. I hope you are sleeping better!! I get bouts of insomnia and HATE it. It really messes up your whole life. I'm amazed you are exercising at the same time.

dream710
11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey team! I've been MIA for probably the last month. Had a couple hectic weeks that threw me outta whack and now I'm struggling to get things back in order. Exercise is good....eating not so much, I can feel my pants getting tighter but yet I can't seem to stop shoveling it in! I decided first step is to make an effort to check in more than just to post my weight.

MamaP-You look wonderful in your gown!

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi just checking in quick then off to sleep. I have to be at work tomorrow morning by 6:30 am. I am so not a morning person.
Well it's official this is the worst I've done on a challenge I'm gaining again like crazy. My exercise has been spot on this week.... And last. Eating not great but no where near bad enough to put on 6 lbs again this week. Not sure what's happening to me but I don't like it. Sorry to let you all down not being a very good leader this time. I apologize and hope I can turn this around by the end. I was so close to goal and now I can't even see it anymore.
At least I don't want to give up I guess that's something

Don't forget to WI tomorrow I'll be at work so can't post a reminder in the morning.

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Ps I'll post personals tomorrow

Have a great night everyone.

NancyO
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Blue Team,

Hope everyone had a good week! I am glad to finally be back at the weight I at the start of the challenge...sadly between vacation and work conference I kept taking of the same 4lbs. But I'm hoping next week will be even better since I've been really good about working out the last 2 weeks and pretty good about eating healthy. And I'm only 3lbs away from 50lbs!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

JackieHollow
11-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Sigh. I only lost .4 lb this week. I was down over 2, then TOM came and (TMI alert!) no BM in about 3 days. Not to mention a very bad eating night on Friday. I suppose I should be happy with that number, but after seeing 262.4, I hate going back to 264.2! :(

Muffentop
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey team! Congrats to all the losers. Blue Team is doing awesome!!

I got a kick out of the "number personalities" described by Rochester. I would say that my favorite number would have to be 7... as everyone says it's supposed to be lucky, somehow?

For those team members that are struggling right now, keep chugging along. Things will turn around soon... I know you can do it!!! :hug:

Have a great week, team

MamaP
11-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the dress compliments. It was pretty awesome.

Went over to my ex-husband's house last night for dinner with my kids and grandkids and my son said "Mom, eat a cheeseburger or something." Then he turned to his dad and said "My mom's supposed to be fat, my mom has always been fat. This just ain't right." He's funny. He told me I was "all hot and in shape." My kids have never seen me thin. He is almost 26 and my daughter is almost 23. I told him I am still fat, I'm just not morbidly obese anymore. He said "you're not fat, you're just thick."

lolcat
11-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey, everyone...
This month has just been one thing after another. Computer issues, I'm having a flare w/my illness, migraine, work pressures, car issues, you name it. Of course TOM sure doesn't help matters any. Some days I just want to stay in bed all day.
I have a friend that's supposed to work on my computer this week if he has time, I guess it's just a power supply and shouldn't cost too much to fix. I sure hope not!
Anyway, sorry I haven't been able to join in with you all, but at least this week I'm posting a small loss. I really need to get focused and back on track, and go back to losing at least 2 pounds a week. If I keep this rate I'll never hit my goal, and I have a looonnggg way to go.
Sorry again, hopefully I'll be able to get online and chat Tuesday.

I've made it 1/3 of the way.....have to try not to get discouraged at the big amount left to go!

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone,
I am once again posting a gain (suprise, suprise) I weighed in at 6am so I know I was a bit heavier than if it had of been at 9am (just the way it works with me when I'm tired) and I posted the whole thing it's getting to confusing to not put the whole amount.
I am getting really sick of this and need to get my #$% in gear with the eating.

Quilter - I heard about the change it would be interesting to hear more about it once it's announced. Congrats on the loss:carrot:

Rochester - I hope this week is better for the both of us....I'm not sure maybe it's something in the air:dizzy: Have you been able to sleep yet, one of the ladies I work with has been have terrible nightmares this week too. I hope you get some sleep soon. Good job on the run

Jackie - I'm thinking this week has to turn around as so many of us were affected. Maybe you can have some of my exercise (I'm good) and I can have some of your eating (your good) and well both come out ahead:D It can be very frustating seeing that low number only to have to post a higher one (even if it's a loss) you will see it again. I'm going to post something in the new thread maybe it will get us all on track again

Mercy - the slap didn't work on me yet......was it hard enough to go across Country or do I need to hop a plane to Flordia:lol:

fitin2008 - this whole comfort thing....I hear you on that. I hope our bodies adjust and fast this is crazy but at least your not even close to being alone. How did your daughter make out on her half marathon?

dream - welcome to our world.....we all need to figure out whats happening and get back on track....I'm the biggest culprit. Don't do what I did though when you pants are getting tighter.....wear them don't go back to the bigger ones cause then you can eat lots without knowing how much damage your actually doing. You'll be great this week I know it.

Nancy - Congrats on the 3lbs :carrot: that's awesome

Muffentop - WOW another huge loss this week:carrot: congrats.... what's the secret

MamaP - you look great in your dress and congrats on your weight loss journey this far. You've done fantastic

lolcat - as you may have read there are a few of us struggling. Make sure to not get disscouraged as it can really play mind tricks on us. I read a story in the goal thread that was awesome. It was titled (I think) "in a year from now you'll be glad you started" something like that.....everyone should read it, it's good

Well don't forget to WI everyone that hasn't you only have a half hour left.

Mercy03
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Mercy - the slap didn't work on me yet......was it hard enough to go across Country or do I need to hop a plane to Flordia

LOL,I need to slap myself as well.I go to the Dr. Monday morn and I am going to have a 8 pound weight gain from May.I am disgusted with myself.So yes,please get on that plane,I need a little inspiration.:mad:

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 10:35 PM
LOL,I need to slap myself as well.I go to the Dr. Monday morn and I am going to have a 8 pound weight gain from May.I am disgusted with myself.So yes,please get on that plane,I need a little inspiration.:mad:

HaHa - Maybe I should I only work Monday and Tuesday then I'm on holidays until the 29th. But then there would be Disney World, and eating out so.....

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay moving the chat over to week 9