100 lb. Club - My small victories.

View Full Version : My small victories.

EvilGidget
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I have been having a rough time with the scales. I have been trying as hard as possible... and it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

This morning when I woke up, I was pretty depressed to find that my official weigh in day... was still... the same....

I decided to make the most of my day instead of letting it derail me this time.

Here are my victories for Sunday 11/7/2010

1. I walked 5 laps (1.25 miles) even though I didn't want to.... and felt very good about myself afterwards
2. I went shopping with mom and watched her have all sorts of chocolate (kitkats, hershey's, rollo's, milkyways... you name it she bought it) ... and even turned down the several offers to give me some. (very hard)
3. I cooked supper for myself and my daughter tonight... zuchinni, squash, egg noodles and shrimp cooked hibatchi style (olive oil and soy sauce)
SOOOO YUMMY
4. I cooked enough to put some up for tomorrow's lunch :)
5. I took my capsacin and my vitamin and my water pills
6. I drank 20oz of water (I know it's not enough.. but it's a start ;))

7th ~ small victory for today... I have made it through 1 more day without giving up on myself... YAY!!!!

Onederchic
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Awesome!!! :woohoo:

Eliana
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Awe, good for you! That scale is a game in patience. It will go down if given time. Weight loss is not linear for me and it does not make sense. I did not handle weekly fluctuations well at all but do just fine with daily fluctuations. :dizzy: It is the pattern you are after, not the week to week number. Just to give you an example, I have a tendency to lose BIG one week out of the month and stall the rest of the month. Case in point, I lost four pounds this week! :dizzy: Four pounds after a month of nothing! And now I'm already starting to see the slow down again.

But I've lost close to 80 pounds this way. ;)

totsandfries
11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Congrats!
Wow, that's great for saying no to sweets, especially the chocolate, I always find myself caving on the chocolate.
Keep up the great work!

blueice10
11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Good no GREAT job. I've been there so i know how hard it is.:bravo:

pipernoswiper
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
GREAT JOB TODAY! Sounds like a day full of victories to me!

Sunshine73
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Great job!!! Those are some awesome victories! :cheer2:

The scales are a funny thing. I will have a few days where I lose and then I'll bounce up and down gaining and losing the same pound for days at a time. It's enough to make me crazy sometimes!

DixC Chix
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Those are HUGE victories! You ROCK, woman!!! :dancer: Chica-Boom-Boom!!

findingfawn
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
You are doing awesome!! One day at a time is all we can do ;)