Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face ~*~Weekly Chat: November 8 - November 15 ~*~

Hey everyone!

Sorry I was kind of inactive over the weekend - that happens, right? Well it looks like some of us had a little naughtiness over the weekend, myself included, and looks also like some of us had some really good weekends and are seeing some awesome losses!
Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well!

~I had my first Sunday without work in probably about a year! It was pretty nice, but I still kind of wasted half the day. I spent some time with my parents and then the late afternoon/evening with my boyfriend. We smoked a shisha pipe and then went for about an hour long walk around the neighbourhood/beach. It was pretty nice. I also got some proper workout clothes yesterday! I'm pretty excited to wear them with their dri-fit material and all that jazz - but that stuff is not cheap!! Crazy!
I had a loss this weekend after all - I wasn't expecting it but I'm happy to see it, even if it is only half a kilogram/just over a pound.

I hope that those who have made it to Monday are doing well and that those that are still on Sunday are enjoying what's left of the weekend!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #2  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

YAY for a new week!!! Weighed myself this morning and am ready to go! Today's not a perfect day, but not horrible either, not calorie counting cause I know it's not low, but also not eating a ton, so I'm happy! What are everyone's hopes fro the week? I'd love love love to be out of the 150's but I've only once lost over 3 pounds in a week so I doubt it. I'm sitting at 153
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Linds, congrats on seeing 150!!! yeah, i know boys with excuses are lame. and i seem to have a knack for picking them... that said, finding a japanese boy to date who is NOT a workoholic is practically impossible, unless he's still in school, and that is a bit too cougar-ish, even for me, haha... but besides this tendency to "get lost into his work", this guy is just so perfect for me and makes me so happy, so... anyways, i know what people are thinking, but i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

this morning i weighed in at 78.8 and i'm kinda miffed about it because i was super good food-wise yesterday and i even did 30DS for the 4th time. i soooo didn't wanna do it! i think i musta spent like 30 minutes putting my workout clothes on and walking around the house trying to find something else to do and saying to myself "i hate working out!" before i actually did it. haha. but i was real happy about that. so why, scale?? why don't you love me??

anyways, i also woke up with a big headache this morning booh. hope it goes away.

have a great monday, all!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #4  

Hey Court! It's a good thing to hope for but don't get too disappointed if it doesn't happen - just work towards it and you'll be doing yourself good regardless!

My hopes for this week...well, weight-wise, I'd ideally love to see 71.5kg (157.6 pounds) by the end of the week to firmly cement myself in the 150s. Exercise wise, I'd like to not let myself slack off! I know I have Zumba tomorrow evening, and that is always good, but the rest of the week it's all up to me! Need to work up some energy to jog/walk after work tonight, I'm super tired this morning! Need to make sure I get stuff in all the other week days!
Also a non-weightloss/food etc related goal - I'd like to not waste my days off work - but I know I might do that anyway haha. Oh also I'd like to buy myself some sort of treat this week! Non-food treat. A video game or something.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #5  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Oh workouts I spaced that. I know I'm going to Yoga on Monday night and the teacher is a teacher who also teaches where I work so I know it's a good workout! Otherwise I need to sit down with the work schedule/ gym schedule and plan out my week, one of the things I don't like about not getting my schedule till late on Sundays/early Monday but I'll plan all out asap, especially since I did not do anything this weekend.

Rainbow--Zumba is way too much coordination for me, I watch the moms at work do it and I figure I'd look like a chicken with my head cut off. But it's an AMAZING workout so keep it up!

Kawaii-Let the scale be a (pardon my language) dick for right now, it happens. Keep working at your goals and the scale will get over it's attitude problem. As for 30 Day Shred, I'm the same way I'll get dressed to work out and unless I have a class to go to half the time I try and find other things to distract me. Keep reminding yourself it's 20 minutes, you're wasting more time wandering around looking for a distraction then just getting through it. That usually helps me.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #6  

Kawaii Sorry I missed your post, we posted at similar times! Dumb on the scale, but it could be water retention - also the headache, did you drink enough water? Could be dehydration? I had a pretty bad headache the other night actually...but a few Bacardi & Coke Zeros sorted that out haha! No seriously though, you could be dehydrated, which would also explain the water retention. Well done on the 30DS! Awesome stuff! Hang in there with the boy thing...if he's worth it to you, I say hang in there.

mybigwish Oh yeah, I'm not that coordinated haha. I'm ok with the feet stuff most of the time but then they add the arms and I get all confusing and start flailing around. Last week I cracked up at myself because I was sure I looked like some sort of crazed octopus - but it's fun and gets me going, so I continue to go haha.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #7  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

What up cool cats.

I'm just here for my monthly, "I'm stuck and can't get my stupid butt in gear ever since I moved to stupid NJ" whiney post. I'm still hovering anywhere from 199-201. Being a grad student really sucks out all your energy and time, it kind of sucks. I get out of the lab at like 7-8pm and I get back to the apartment and everyone is starving so I have to do dinner when I would rather work out first. But my new apartment complex doesn't have a gym so that stinks. I can use the campus gym but it costs money. And I am not disciplined/too self conscious to do work out videos in my home.

Not to mention that I can't seem to keep food out of my freaking face. Ever since I stopped taking Wellbutrin I have wicked cravings AND I can't concentrate in class for more than 10 seconds.

When I started posting here I was like "I never want to be one of those people who comes back here once a month to say how much they should keep working out and stuff!" but now I totally am.

Gotta go study for my exam tomorrow. GAH.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #8  

aliquot Hey there. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, I know that grad students have a lot of work on their plates! Is there any way you can just set aside 30 minutes to an hour a few days a week as your dedicated exercise time and just do something, even if it's only going for a walk? That's all I can suggest really, and I know it's not the best suggestion.
Hope the exam goes well.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone..it's still Sunday here! I have a quick question-- Does everyone weigh with their shoes on or without? I've been weighing without. Which ends up making me feel bad when I get on the scale and see that theres a 2-3 lb weight difference!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

jl-without shoes and nakie lol!

I have my first Christmas tree up amd complete.....working on the second one now! I LOVE Christmas!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

OHHH CHRISTMAS <333 I love it too! I was *THIS* close to buying a stupid looking fake Christmas tree yesterday but figured it was too soon.

Somehow I weighed 58.0 kg this morning, so juuuuust under 128 lbs! Deep fried burgers, you don't scare me!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #12  

JL Definitely without shoes heh! That's why I get frustrated when I have to go check-in with the nurse to get a refill of my prescription - they always weigh me with shoes and whatever I'm wearing, and I'm never happy that the number is at least 1 or 2 kg (2.2-4.4 pounds) heavier!!

Linds Oh my gosh a Christmas tree already! I love Christmas as well but I think the tree at my parents won't go up until the beginning of December and I doubt there'll be one at my boyfriend's parent's place since his parents are away for Christmas!

krampus Sweet weigh-in! I bought myself a mini Christmas tree one year, it's shiny and black haha - I have little coloured bauble things and also mini pastry decorations - but I've never put it up!

~Just had the tastiest salad for lunch, wish I had more! Leftover roast chicken breast, lettuce, carrot, cucumber and leftover roasted kumara (New Zealand's version of sweet potato) in it! Oh man it was good.

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 11-07-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
Old 11-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

My hubby and I will be away in Mexico for vacation over actual Christmas so I wanted to get it up extra early this year so I could make up for the time we won't be enjoying it in december

Rainbow- I actually spent Christmas of 2007 in your neck of the woods!

Last edited by LindsB; 11-07-2010 at 09:32 PM.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

(It's still technically Sunday night, but I want to join the party too!)

Aliquot- Good luck on your exam!!!

LindsB- You have the Christmas tree up already? Wow. Ours goes up on Black Friday, and comes down Christmas afternoon, along with all the lights and decorations and stuff. On another note, I'm so jealous you'll be in Mexico over Christmas.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

mybigwish - yeah, i HAVE to tell myself that it's only 20 minutes too! and thank god because otherwise i would probably just give up. lol. it's getting easier though, but i still hate it.

rainbow - i noticed we often post almost at the same time! weird! yeah, i think it might have been dehydratation... but it's so weird cuz my heater wasn't even on and i did drink a cup of tea before bed. i ended up waking up in the middle of the night a downing a whole glass of water. weird. well the headache's gone now (mostly) so yay.

hey aliquot, that sucks, but we've all been there! i support what rainbow said, and i dunno, maybe you could prepare yourself a batch of pre-separated healthy snack (like carrot sticks or something) and keep em in your fridge or carry some with you so that they're at hand when you're busy working hard on your thesis? i mean, i think in your situation, because you're so busy, it's so important that you plan stuff. plan what you're gonna eat ahead of time, plan when you're gonna exercise. mark it on your calendar this way you'll feel guilty if you don't do it. good luck! and you don't have to become "one of those chicks!"

JL, without shoes of course! and i always weigh myself in my PJs...

oooh, Krampy has a christmas fetish y'all... don't get her started! lol. i don't really feel all christmassy being in japan and all, cuz it's not that big a deal over here, but i know that i'll appreciate it when i go back home for the holidays. my mom always has a HUGE real pine tree all decked out in the living room, it's kinda awesome
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote