South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:51 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm heading out with coffee! I'll be back!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Morning Lexxiss

I'm eating leftover fajita (I ate hardly any last night, and will not finish it this morning)

I had a nice date night, DH was tired and sore, I gave him a nice massage, it put him to sleep. Do unto others... hahaha (but he rarely does it for me, he would rather get me a gift certificate for someone else to do it (yay!)

I have an early appointment, and then some free time before work. I may come home and work on an art project

xoxo

Southernjudy, congrats!!,

Natasha, beautiful and stunning niece, yes... time for the lockdown. hahaha.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning, BelovedK! Glad you had a nice date night. We might go to a movie tonight. What kind of an art project are you working on?

I'm going to try to finish my rescue group paperwork...I've gotten a bit behind. Pool is at 9 for water aerobics then I need to see what the rest of the day brings. We aren't getting any hard freezing yet so working my compost pile would be a good project. I'm going to take some worms with me when we head back over the hill on Monday.

Okie, congrats! on meeting your first goal! Janet Jackson was on Larry King last night. When are you going to see the Tyler Perry movie?

SouthernJudy, congrats! on your P1 weightloss!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-05-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I've got a plain Tarot deck, and I am blinging up each card with sharpies and glitter, it is making it beautiful. I may then sell it is I do not feel like using it.

Enjoy water aerobics!

I worked out my lower body and my arms today, boy am I going to be sore (owie)
Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm glad you had a nice date night, Beloved.
SouthernJudy - you're doing terrific! Congrats!
Natasha, your niece is a beautiful young lady. Have fun today!
Debbie, it's a rainy, Friday after Halloween and the whole school was wild and crabby yesterday so I can only imagine what today will bring. I've never done water aerobics but always wanted to try it - will you trade places with me this morning? Pretty please? Enjoy your day Debbie! Hopefully everyone in your life will be cheerful today.

Today would have been my Dad's 78th birthday. For one quick "not quite awake" moment this morning I though, "Ohhh, gotta call Dad and sing Happy Birthday!" Then I remembered. He was one of those people who really enjoyed birthdays. Not so much the gifts and cake, but all the phone calls and people coming to celebrate with him.

I'm heading to my Mom's for the weekend, going right from work. If the traffic isn't too bad I might make a quick stop at the brand new Trader Joe's in Portland. I've been waiting for them to open for months - and then the grand opening was on a day when I had other commitments!

Fergie is driving me in to school today, I have a book display stand that I don't bring out until November, once we've got those classroom rules and procedures firmly in place. I have trouble getting it in and out of the Durango myself though so Ferg offered to help. It means I need to hustle now though - I figure he deserves a nice breakfast for his trouble.

Enjoy your Friday friends - and your weekend, too. I'm not sure how much I'll check in from my mom's, I don't know what's on our schedule. But whether I post or not I'll be thinking of my SBD friends.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks. I see you are both gearing up for the weekend. I am very glad it's Friday because it seems like it's been a very long week of problems. I did get some resolved but they are inclined to breed like rabbits.

It's well below freezing here this morning and we have snow expected, alas. I was hoping for a bit of a reprieve until December. It's time to dig out winter coats, gloves and scarves and those frassing boots! The winter I had my knee operation, my foot was very swollen so I wore crocs and socks when I went outside. Not much of a fashion statement even for Delta! When I dig out the warm clothes, I must pack up my extras and give them to John for his street people in Kingston. There is no reason for me to have ten pair of mittens and several extra scarves.

Company for dinner tomorrow night so I need to scurry into town today for things I can't get here - ricotta and fresh pasta come to mind. Friend Heather is coming with her two boys (9 and 11) and their favourite thing is pasta so ... I'll be sure to get salad greens and ww crusty bread for myself.

Heidi, you just popped in and sound like you are gearing up too. Please do sing Happy Birthday to your Dad. Mine has been gone for twelve years but I still sing on July 23.

The dogs are back asleep, the kitchen is in oood shape and it's time for me to crank up Friday. Remember that the time changes this weekend and it'll start be brighter in the mornings next week - for a while.

Happy TGIF!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning!

dull&dreary here...really need some sun!
should be prepping for an intensive evening course i'm teaching tonight..
instead blithely procrastinating by taking care of all those household/craft projects i never manage to get around to.

coffee is definitely in order! have an awesome friday everybody
Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi, I wish we could trade...lol. I'm thinking of you today. Kirk and I got married on my Dad's BD (Nov 30). He had passed on many years before and I thought it was a nice way to honor him. Today is my Sister's BD. Glad Fergie is there to help you today.

Ruth, I am happy for this week to be over, too. Hope you have some fun on your agenda this weekend.

jan(jandaman), I'd love a good cup of that coffee you make! How are things in Germany?

I'm making paperwork progress...guess I'll get Rudi outside.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's been a busy morning so far. My son dropped in with a pie that Andrea made for us, and stayed for coffee. Jake was supposed to have today off, but they called and asked if he could come in, so I had to rush and pack his lunch, and I just sent him and Dustin out the door.

My plan today is to get the house cleaned up this morning before Monica & Carley get here. They're coming out to spend the weekend, and my dad's sister and her husband are coming in from Minnesota tomorrow for the week. My parents will be celebrating their 60th anniversary on Wednesday, so we're getting together for a celebratory dinner on Wednesday night. It looks like the next few days are going to be pretty busy around here.

Natasha, your niece is lovely. Thanks for sharing the picture with us, and I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend away.

SouthernJudy, congratulations on a great Phase 1!

to everyone else! I'd better get some breakfast and get my day started.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks!

Heidi -

I have my workout with my mom today. We were supposed to get a hard freeze last night so I stopped taking my allergy meds a few days ago, but not sure it got cold enough. Too cold for this wimp to bike though!

Have a great day all. Gotta run.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

First of all, congrats, FoodObsessed!! Way to go!!!

Debbie: I hope you have a wonderful day today! Enjoy your time at the pool.

BelovedK: I'm glad your date night went well. I love having a set-aside night to enjoy with hubs. Your art project sounds really interesting, I'd love to see pics when you get done!

Heidi: Have a great Friday!! I hope you get to go to the new Trader Joe's! I still haven't even seen one; I hope I get to one day!

Ruth: I'm glad this week is almost over as well. How great that you know where your donated clothing is going (and that it's being put to use!). DH and I need to do some winter-clothing sorting, too. Enjoy your day!

Jandaman! Have a great Friday!

Cottage: Wow, that's a lot of company coming in, and I bet you'll have a fantastic time with everyone. Congrats to your parents on their 60th Anniversary! How wonderful!

WaistingTime: I'm waiting on our hard freeze to come this weekend; I'm sick of these allergies!

DH and I are feeling MUCH better this morning, so I guess we just ate something bad. We're both at work today and are really looking forward to a weekend without commitments.

I spent some time yesterday going through some boxes in my closet and found my Beck Diet Solution books. I think I'll start them back up this weekend. The focus Dr. Beck promotes is really helpful over the holidays. I just need to stick with it this time around.

Well, I suppose I should get to work! Only four days to get everything done next week, so I'd better get some things done so that I'm not behind the whole holiday season!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-05-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone

Lex, Thanks for starting us out this morning. Is your rescue group for dogs? If so what breed? I had a cocker for 14 years that was that once in a lifetime love. Part of me died with her and even though she has been gone over five years I still miss her terribly. However, life goes on and we rescued an older French Bulldog a few months ago. Never in my life did I think I would ever have one of these but have come to love him too.

Beloved - I feel your pain Really, I only started my walking about a week ago and my legs just ache but I'm hanging in there.

Heidi - Have a safe trip to your mom's and a good relaxed weekend visit. I love Trader Joes too. The closest one is about fifty miles away so I don't get there too often but stock up when I do. Can't beat their prices on raw nuts.

Cottage, Sounds like you are going to have a lot of company. That would have a tendency to throw me off plan so I send you .

To everyone else and hope you all have a great day.

I already got my walk in this morning so can scratch that off my "to do" list . The rest of the day is mine . Will make a run to the post office and stop for a few groceries. Wanted to set the burn pile on fire this morning before the rain comes again this weekend but of course when I called, it is a "no burn day" so that plan won't happen. On to other projects.

Later
Old 11-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Just an after thought..........I don't know about the rest of you but it is kinda rough opening this websight to view a big old picture of donuts or hamburgers.. Guess some higher power is just testing our willpower.

Last edited by TallandThin; 11-05-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello everyone. I actually slept in this morning so no time to post until now. Mom and I had a thrift-a-thon today. She realized we won't be able to go again until I'm here in January so she planned a route with 4 stops plus a Label Shopper. It must have been my day because I found something everywhere! I've had to change up my wardrobe some now that blue jeans are not work acceptable. It was fun. Tomorrow we hit the big book sale then one more thrift store after we drop Dad off.

I drove through snow in the mountains yesterday and it looks like we will head out in snow in the morning I am so not ready for that.

Beloved - DW designed a tarot deck with classic art a few years ago. I still have a small framed copy of the moon card.

Heidi - hope you and your Mom have a special weekend together

Ruth - I love pasta with ricotta and really good grated cheese. My one complaint about Vermont - you just can't get the cheese I can get in central NY. Sorry about the s**w.

Cottage - my parents' 50th is this winter but they don't want to do anything. DD and I are going to surprise them by dropping in. Enjoy your family-filled weekend

Kim- I'm restarting Beck again too. I find it really helpful but I never make it all the way through. I get stuck on one task and eventually just stay there. On the plus side I practice the parts I completed all the time so I guess it helps Glad you're feeling better!

Jan, Karen, Tall & Thin and Debbie

Time for a cup of tea.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I saw "For Colored Girls" today and it was awesome! I wear 22s, down from 26s!
Closed Thread