General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Has Anyone Read Any Good Books Lately?

Looking for a new book to read and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Tell me the name, the author and in what category it would fall (biography, fiction, non-fiction, horror, etc) thanks!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The Outlander Series by Diana Galbadon.

Historical fiction, fantasy, romantic, etc.

Basically it's a story about a woman who is a nurse during WW2, who has just been reunited with her husband and is on a second honeymoon, but ends up traveling back in time. I haven't described it nearly as good as the book is, but I love to read and the best part about the series is all the books are like 1000 pages long
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ov-2010-a.html

Every month we have one.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #4  

Any of Dan Brown's novels are really good to read. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Starry, Starry Night by Lurlene McDaniel
Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post

Basically it's a story about a woman who is a nurse during WW2, who has just been reunited with her husband and is on a second honeymoon, but ends up traveling back in time. I haven't described it nearly as good as the book is, but I love to read and the best part about the series is all the books are like 1000 pages long
I love these books.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Anything by Michael Connelly or Robert Crais. <3
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post

Same! Love love loooove!
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #8  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

I just finished the Hunger Games triology by Susanne Collins. I LOVED it. Technically, it's considered a young adult fiction (probably because of the lack of any sex, swearing, or adult topics) and it was good. I would describe it as a mash between Lord of the Flies, Gladiator, and Project Runway (seriously).

Also, some of my all time favorites are:

The Poisonwood Bible - by Barbara Kingslover, a fiction (really gave me insight into a different culture and religion overall)

Water for Elephants - by Sara Gruen, a fiction (a great read about circus life and veterinarians)

Middlesex - by Jeffrey Eugenides, fiction (REALLY made me reconsider what gender is and how maybe male/female roles aren't quite as black and white as I always thought. It's a little slow in parts, but really worth the read)

A Million Little Pieces - by James Frey, an "autobiography" (I guess it's came out a few years after he wrote it that the story is not entirely true, but still a good read. About addiction, rehab and love. It still sticks with me to this day.)

A Child Called It - by Dave Pelzer, an autobiography (A very very traumatizing and horrible account of his abusive childhood. His mother did absolutely horrible and unspeakable things to him. But... as sad as it is, it's inspiring how he grew to be a successful and functioning adult. VERY emotional and inspiring.)

Mmm.. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post

These are my favorite threads, always lots of great suggestions for reads there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote