Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #1  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Angry Calorie Cycling & Mexican Food

Aggg! Ive been doing SO good these last few weeks! Lost about 15lbs in a month & a half, such motivation, would have never though of turning back-

But then I thought maybe my weight loss would be more effective if I did calorie cycling, or zig-zagging, because if I eat when Im hungry I only eat about 1300 calories a day & I dont want to get "stuck"... so today was my high calorie day of 1900 cals & I ate lots of fruits & peanut butter with my apples & the high calorie bread with my turkey sandwich to use up the calories & saved room for this Mexican food place chimichanga for dinner-

omggggg that was horrible! I mean, it was delicious, but I felt like CRAP & so tired & seriously my mood has changed hugely in such a small amount of time its ridiculous! & of course all the saltiness & fattiness makes me want dessert even more.. what a vicious cycle!

Anyways, just had to rant ... I dont think I can do calorie cycling, I think for me Im just going to have to stick with being satisfied at 1300 calories & hope & pray I dont get stuck!!

Last edited by DaughteroftheKing; 11-03-2010 at 12:17 AM.
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

OMG, I feel I'm still recovering from a chimichanga from my favorite Mexican restaurant from FRIDAY. (not exactly the point of your post, but really random coincidence)

It was the first time I overate in a long while and wasn't really worth it.

Sorry for the lack of advice, but I feel you, lol...you are not alone in this.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can still calorie cycle. Just choose better foods. A chimichanga is probably not the way to go...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Why not learn how to cook mexican food on your own? I love to make fajitas at home, and by cooking it yourself you know exactly what's in it!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Calorie cycling can be done using all healthy foods -- and you the bonus is you won't feel like crap!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Why not learn how to cook mexican food on your own? I love to make fajitas at home, and by cooking it yourself you know exactly what's in it!
Now we're talkin'!!! Either that or choose more wisely at the mexican place. Most true mexican restaurants carry some slightly healthier options and those are my favorite at my local mexican restaurant. I choose between shrimp cocktail, shrimp and catfish soup or shrimp and rice.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/188.8/160

Height: 5'7"

ok, so calorie cycling is basically going from a high calorie day to low, to high, to low and so on? Correct? Is this good to do when you are just getting started, or more like when you hit a plateau?
Thanks and good luck! (I love homemade Mexican, too!)
princessummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #8  
Overcomer

S/C/G: 500/432/170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
:[...]Most true mexican restaurants carry some slightly healthier options and those are my favorite at my local mexican restaurant. I choose between shrimp cocktail, shrimp and catfish soup or shrimp and rice.
I love Mexican food and have eaten it while losing weight. I just make better choices. I usually order two chicken soft tacos. I get the soft corn tortillas since they are better for me. Last time I couldn't even finish both of them. I also pick out 12 of the tortilla chips and place them on my napkin and enjoy them with my dinner. I count the tacos as 200 calories each and the chips at 140. It is something that I truly enjoy and still manage to lose weight. For me it is not about depriving myself of one of my favorite types of food.
Belinda0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Agree w/ Belinda! I cannot expect myself to permanently stick to my plan if I don't allow myself my favorite things. Just have to plan for them and make adjustments.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-03-2010 at 11:41 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My family is Mexican but I've never had a chimichanga (not exactly sure what it is) but I'd agree that authentic places would have healthier options. We actually don't have many where I live now but there is one and then there are some other more americanized places that do have some better options. I go there with coworkers sometimes and I'm able to get grilled veggies, salads, etc.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #11  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Thanks for the advice everyone!! those ideas were great! For right now Im full at 1300 calories, & dont know what else I would want to eat in a day... but if I get to that craving point again I definitely will go for either the healthier options or make it myself- I think its just all that sodium thats really messin with me!
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote