Chicks up for a Challenge - November Flash Dance What A Feeling Challenge

Losing It 2010
11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Okay we have started a challenge on the blogs and I thought I would start a thread here for all of us to stay in touch in a message board format.

My goal for November is to lose 5lbs by 11.30.10 and also to rock out to Flashdance at least once a week!

angelanicole23
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey it's Angela (new and improved me)...so what does the challenge include? Just set a weight goal and the Flashdance?

Nm just seen ur reply, lol...My goal is to lose 6.5 lbs by the end of Nov!

pepagirl
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
My goal is to lose 12 pounds this month! SW: 163.0 GW: 151 Woo hoo, for the Jel diPep November challenge!:carrot:

sfrunner
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh I am soo in..my goal is to lose 8 pounds, so to be down to 149 by the end of November!

It's michelle by the way :)

sfrunner
11-02-2010, 11:37 PM
PS - Hi everyone!! :wave:

Jelbelle
11-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, if you don't know me, I'm Jel :) your challenge creator, if you're interested in joining the challenge please let me know here: Jel diPep Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/jelbelle/jel-dipep/)-- it's where I'll be updating our goals and challenges.

Losing It 2010
11-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Okaayyy hey ya'll the sudafed stupor here.. I am in! I already have my 8 track completed and looking to lose 5 lbs this month and Flashdance at least once a week.. my short term goal is to feel better enough tomorrow to care about what I am eating and to get to the Y!

angelanicole23
11-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Whoo hoo I'm down to 150.5! 5 more to go!! I am aiming to be in the 140's by Friday :)
Have a great day girls!

Losing It 2010
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
YEAHHH Ang! Good for you, I am so happy that you are doing this. I am up .4 this morning but it's all good. I am in such a cold medicine stupor right now I don't really care too much. I used being sick as a reason not to follow good eating habits yesterday but today I am going to try and stay on track and maybe if I am up to it I will get to the Y this afternoon, I hope so!

Michelle, Pepa, Jel and Ang you motivate me 100% and I appreciate each and every one of you

angelanicole23
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh Losing It we appreciate u too! nothing worse than trying to stay on track and being sick! hugs! (sorry for any mistakes...on my phone) lol

Losing It 2010
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey for anyone who hasn't been to the mix site yet a couple of us have already created our own mixes.

Here is the link to mine and they are all just great fun to dance around your home in and dance your arse off.

Go ahead and create one for yourself and we will follow you also and use your music. If you have Itunes on your computer you can download those to the site also.

http://8tracks.com/losingit2ten

angelanicole23
11-03-2010, 07:57 PM
And here's mine! I can't get Flashdance to download for some reason..its going so slowwwww....I will add it after.

http://www.8tracks.com/angelanicole23

sfrunner
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
OMG Ang, GREAT JOB! You are all my inspiration. I was down 1/2 pound today :^: Still 155.5 which is depressing, but whatevs.

Get this - so I had to go to the Post Office today to get a new passport and it was super stressful (everything is ok now though). So when I got back to campus, I really wanted a coffee and a cookie but - wait for it - I just got a coffee and no cookie! I had a Fiber One bar instead, which is processed but def better than a cookie from Starbucks :D

I have the HARDEST time staying on track when I'm stressed out at school or work.

angelanicole23
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Michelle..I'm that way at work....when the kids or other staff are stressing me out...I feel like I NEED something sweet. I've started bringing a 100 cal fibre one bar to work with me each day, lol.

Losing It 2010
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Michelle, good job and keep up the good work.

Ang, I am finding myself craving the goofiest foods and don't know why, maybe its because I unconsciously think I can't have them, IDK

angelanicole23
11-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes probably true...want what you can't have :P (or shouldn't have for that matter). I am TRYING to tell myself "you are in control of the food...the food doesn't control you" lol....so funny..the voices in my head talking about food..hahaha

pepagirl
11-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Great job michelle! Cookie are BAD, fiber is GOOD! ;)

Losing It 2010
11-04-2010, 12:31 AM
yeah I have noticed that since I started way back in June the voices seem to be obsessed with food, I think the voices need to get a hobby or something

sfrunner
11-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Losing It, what kind of foods are you craving? I weighed in this morning down 1.5 pounds to 154...yaaay!! :) With 26 days left in November, I know I can do this! :carrot:

Losing It 2010
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey ya'll, okay so I am down a lb since yesterday 152.8.. WHOHOO

My cravings come and go but mostly it's just junk, sweets, fast food. Sometimes it is worse than others. I need to get a job because being at home all the time is not helping me one bit! I will catch up with ya'll tonight, everyone have a successful and fulfilling day!

pepagirl
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Morning everybody, well afternoon. Lol! OK, I am officially at crunch time now, seems like my plateau/gain is over (fingers crossed!) because this morning I was down 3.2 pounds! 161.2 babes! Woo- hoo! Almost 2 pounds out of that 12 I pledged are gone now and they better stay that way this time! I'm tired of the weight loss limbo and ready for some drop it like it's hot!!! :dance:

angelanicole23
11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey girls...I weighed in at 151.5 this AM.booo...just wondering if its coz TOM or because I didn't eat a lot yesterday :S...not as much as the past few days, lol. Gotta get ready for Zumba...shakin bootie time :)

pepagirl
11-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Have fun at Zumba! It's probably TOM! Mine started Sunday and I hadn't been losing for almost two weeks before that, and now today I am magically 5 pounds up and down since Sunday.

angelanicole23
11-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes and this is so strange..just weighed w/ my workout clothes on, lol and still 151.5..after all day..hopefully i'm lower in the AM, lol.

sfrunner
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
hi girls!! coming to you from the airport...some how even though today was kind of stressful, i made it through with almost all good decisions :carrot: i was totally thinking about coming here and posting about how awesome my day was to all you great inspirational girls, and it powered right through all the junk food at the airport (though i did indulge in a delicious blended coffee from peet's - totally worth it) i even went for a run even though i really, really didn't want to. ooohhh ya, that happened ;) i hope everyone's having a great day! it seems like it!

angelanicole23
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Just home from Zumba..i ate another Fibre One on my way..didn't have time for supper..and boy did I work it. Apparently a Zumba class can burn as much as 500 calories..I really believe mine does. Instructor is a little over 5 feet....about 100 lbs and is INTENSE! She's also from Columbia so a real natural!

I just went to Subway on my way home and had a 6inch turkey/ham on whole wheat w/ no cheese..EVERY veggie except black olives. Hope weight isn't up in AM because of the sodium...oh well..I had to eat and it's healthy,lol. Hot peppers are supposed to increase metabolism and I had tons of banana and jalepenos on it too. I like it spicy!

Losing It 2010
11-04-2010, 09:17 PM
From what I have watched on Youtube of Zumba I would think it would burn a crap load of calories, good job on getting it done and don't sweat the lb probably is the TOM.

Good job on getting through the airport without landing at the Cinnabon counter or BK and we are all here to support you.

What is everyone watching this weekend? What is your guilty pleasure?

angelanicole23
11-04-2010, 09:40 PM
How to Lose a guy in ten days! mmmm matthew..

goodnuff
11-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm absent for a few days and I missed soo much.
I'm listening to everyone's 8tracks, awesome.
So this is my first holiday season that I'm attempting to not go hog wild and therefore I don't have a weight loss goal, I just want to maintain. I want to improve my habit of journaling my intake and getting activity daily.
I decided today that I'm going to do calf raises with every trip up my steps, I live in an upper apartment and have a dog that goes out at least three times a day. Also I'm going to do isometric arm exercises everytime I use the bathroom, which is a lot ;-)

pepagirl
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Everyone is doing so great today! I went to the gym tonight and burned 650 calories!!! Woo-hoo! Here's hoping for a great tomorrow! Great job going to Zumba Ang, and fantastic not eating junk at the airport Michelle! Goodnuff, I think that's an awesome goal! The holidays can be murder when you're trying to lose weight, so maintaining is REALLY important! I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of single sailors this year, so I gotta put my game face on and not pig out on my own awesome cooking.

Losing It 2010
11-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Good Morning ladies, so the scale read 152.2 this morning for me which is a good thing. Today is my slow day and so I am going to be working on my website, I need to get it up and running with a price list. Have a great day, stay on track and report back on your progress!

pepagirl
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Afternoon everybody! I weighed in at 160.0 today yahoooooo! Michelle I'm gonna catch you pretty soon, so you better get running!!! Don't know what we're gonna do today, but I gotta stay focused and not eat any junk if we go out to eat or to the movies. Don't know what movie we are gonna watch this weekend for the challenge, but I think it might be Baby Mama, because we both been wanting to watch it again, lol. Have a great day girls!

stacygee
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
My goal for November is to stay on my program through the Thanksgiving holiday!

angelanicole23
11-05-2010, 05:25 PM
arghh...weighed in at 152.5 this AM :(. My weight fluctuates so much! I then felt so crappy over that and I had a piece of chocolate bday cake at work :S. I brought egg whites, weight watcher wrap and salsa for lunch and a pear...I SO didn't want it but I made myself eat it and not go out and buy crap..and ended up eating cake. I hope I have a better weekend!

goodnuff
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I think I made my mix, I can only hear a clip from the songs I chose from the site. Do the whole songs play for you? I hope so or my mix will suck the big one.
Doing ok today.
M
http://8tracks.com/goodnuff/goodnuff-s-jel-dipep-challenge-mix
NM, I logged out then played it. It works. And it's awesome!!!

Losing It 2010
11-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey ladies, hope it was a great day.

Pepa were you able to make it through the day without any slipups

Ang I am sorry that the scale is not being a friend today, maybe tomorrow will be better

goodnuff I was able to add your mix to my fav's on the site

Stacy that is a great goal, we all have to get through Thanksgiving and we can do this together

pepagirl
11-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi girls! Today went ok, we didn't end up doing anything today because of family bs that DH had going on, but I went to the gym instead. Diet has been OP so far, but DH had me make cookies and they are in the oven now. I have to admit I probably ate a cookies worth of batter (no egg) while licking the spoon! But I still have about 400 calories left for the day, so I think I'll be ok.

angelanicole23
11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
hey girls...152 this AM...I THINK i'm gonna stick to weighing in on Saturday am's. Last Sat I was 155.5 so I guess I lost 3.5 lbs..lol.

pepagirl
11-06-2010, 04:57 PM
3.5 is awesome for a week! Congrats girl! I am 160.2 this morning, so +.2 ans I can rock that with the amazing loss this week! I hope it goes back down tomorrow for the first official challenge WI, b/c 160 would be exactly where I need to be for my 12lbs this month at 3 per week. Have a great weekend ladies!

Losing It 2010
11-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Just wanted to check in on a late Sat night and let you all know that while it was busy today, I was still sending good thoughts your way and here is to a successful Sunday for all of us

sfrunner
11-07-2010, 01:10 AM
hey girlies,
just a quick check in from home. yesterday was kind of a disaster but today was ok...will update more later but thanks for all the great comments and encouraging words :hug:

sfrunner
11-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Woo! Made it back to Philadelphia in one piece and without another disaster day...here's to all great days going forward =)

goodnuff
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear it sf. And thanks for the good thoughts Losing It, I can use as many as I can get.
Going for dinner with some gals. Limiting it to one drink and I planned for a burger and fries...have to say I'm pretty excited.

pepagirl
11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
My challenge for you guys is to do 100 cunches a day this week! If you can't do 100, then do as many as you can a day. If you can do them all at one time, go you! If not, break them up and get them done! Have fun working your abs this week! Woo-hoo!

Losing It 2010
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone, hope we are all on track. The list on the blog shows we are all on a losing streak instead of gaining. Pepa I am up for the challenge and will do the crunches tonight.

SF glad all is well in your world and that you are safe in Philly

Goodenuff, keep up the good work and focus, you can do this

Ang, how is it going today

Good job ladies, you all motivate and inspire me (plus I am afraid to let you all down)

angelanicole23
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
feeling much better...good and bad news..weighed in at 149.5 this am but I realized that its probably fr not eating much yesterday. Gonna try boxaerobics tonight! Hope u chicks had a good day!

sfrunner
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey girls!
I hope everyone is having a great week! I had a great day - decided on a job offer back in SF and accepted (yay!) so now all I have to do for the next 9 months is focus on having fun and losing weight :) Also, I went to Bikram for the first time in like two months and it felt great and I am happy to be back on the yoga train, lol. I hope everyone had a great day!

sfrunner
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
PS - Will do the 100 crunches and Ang, OMG, great job!!

sfrunner
11-10-2010, 06:10 PM
hey girlies! just checking in! how's everyone's day going?? i'm about to go make a delicious healthy salad for dinner =) hope everyone had a great, OP day!

Losing It 2010
11-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey everyone I hope it was a great day and I am glad you all are here with me. Someone posted on the blog about a challenge of 3 affirmations for ourselves for next week. Can we do this on our blogs each day, affirm 3 things that are wonderful and unique about ourselves? I am up for it, anyone else?

angelanicole23
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
That would be me LosingIt :P I am up for it! I need more positive thinking!

sfrunner
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
me too I am definitely in! positive affirmations are great =)

Losing It 2010
11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Okay I am going to start here for myself, today:

I am a freaking awesome photographer and getting better with each new session

I am amazed at how I pulled myself out of **** in 2004 and have come back stronger, better and wiser

I am a good Mom, did the best I could/can and will continue to be the best Mom to my adult child without interfering too much

angelanicole23
11-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Here's mine:
-I am awesome at my job!
-I always give 110%
-I am a good friend who loves to listen :)

sfrunner
11-15-2010, 09:44 PM
oh those are great ang! i need some positive affirmations today. here are mine:
- I have great hair
- I am smart even though I don't look like it (or so I'm told)
- I am a good dancer

sfrunner
11-19-2010, 10:20 AM
hey girls,
sorry i have been mia this week, been super busy wrapping up stuff before thanksgiving. here are my three affirmations for today:
- I am super friendly and can talk to anyone.
- I have a good sense of style
- I have a great booty :)

sfrunner
11-20-2010, 01:58 AM
hmm...going to try to come up with three though this is harder than it looks, lol.
- I'm a great daughter
- I can put on fake eyelashes with the best of them
- I have run a marathon.