Atkins - MY scale VS. the DR.'S scale

View Full Version : MY scale VS. the DR.'S scale

islandchick1
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Sooooooo I have ben wondering for quite some time if MY scales were on the same page as the Dr.'s.

I have a digital scales and occasionally it gives me this low (make your eyes bulge out kind of low) reading. Now, I check mine for accuracy before each weigh in. I take a 5lb, weight and make sure it registers at 5lbs on the scales, then I weigh myself.

So anyways, I haven't been feeling too good these last two days and decided to go see the Dr. I weighed myself naked this morning, then again fully dressed and recorded the difference the clothes make. When I went to the Dr. I weighed exactly the same as I had registered fully dressed at home ! (228.8) I know this is kind of a silly thing to get excited about, but it seems like EVERY time I went to the Dr. prior to me being on the Atkins AND using the old type scales I used to have, there was always a HUGE difference. So now I feel like me and the good ol' doc are finally on the same page :cb:

beerab
11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
My scale vs my doctor's scale was always 2 lbs off, they always weighed me heavier but I figured it was cuz I was now wearing clothes.

fatmad
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
what a good feeling. I think in general I go with my home scale for accuracy, cause I can weigh naked first thing in the morning, but the docs scale is good for her to keep patients honest.

readyfreddy
11-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Awesome!