WW Clubs and Groups - #242 Bale of Turtles Facing the Holidays with Smarts!

Itryharder
11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turlte Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Turtles,
We had gotten very long, so I started this new thread before I could respond to everyone's posts.
I'm sending :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all of us. I feel we are going to be very successful this holiday season. Last year I didn't lose an ounce and I do not want a repeat of that.
My Halloween party was great fun and my eating totally in control. Yay!
Unfortunately the next day I went nuts and ate 8 donuts, yep----count 'em---8! And that was the start. I was afraid because of all the sugar I wouldn't be able to get back on track on Monday, but I did and today has been shaky, but so far so good. I know protein of the lean variety helps me a lot and I have to be very careful with carbs. Here's to a wonderful week for us all. :cheer:
Judy
234.6/189.2/170's by Thanksgiving :cool:

Princess1122
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Just got home from work and the good news is that the toilet is in place so we can sleep at home tonight... awesome!

Judy: Brush is off, I know how you feel and have done the same exact thing... exact! But brush it off and get back on! Have a great evening!

life4evr
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi. Hope everyone had a good day. I had clinicals today. So I decided to try something different, and eat before clinicals started. I am not usually when I first wake. So I decided not to eat before I left home. I figured the 45 minute drive would give my body time to wake up and get hungry. Well it worked. I have realized I can get away with a small amount of candy, during clinicals. I credit that to all the walking I do usually. So I have discovered the jello sugar free dulce leche man that thing is great. Takes care of my sweet tooth easily. Hope everyone has a good week.

bandit2
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - I agree with Princess, its over - forgot it and move on. We have all had those days so you are not alone.

Princess - glad to hear you are making progress on your bathroom. Will be so nice when done, lucky you. My house needs some reno's as well, but being on my own I have to set priorites. Right now I want my living room/hall repainted before Christmas season & need new window treatments. If I get that done, will be happy.

Life - hope your clinicals go well.

All - lets all have another great week.

I have been faithfully getting in my walks, so that really helps. Also preplanning my meals & snacks - that is key for me. If I come home and have no idea what I am having for dinner I start snacking while deciding what to make & then end up over my points. So, I have made sure to pre-cook some things to have on hand. Really helps.

Getting cold up here, but at least it has been sunny.

Lets all have a great OP day!

CherryAutumn
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I haven't really been recording my weight lately because i didnt want to think about the weight i was gaining. I think last week on Wednesday I was at 241.6 and today i weighed in at 240.4 so i lost 1.2 pounds! Yay an actual loss!:carrot: I haven't really been eating better so i dont know why i lost this week but i will take it, and hopefully run with it.:D

bandit2
11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Congrats, Cherry - keep it going!

Princess1122
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Another very busy day here at work for me but I wanted to hop on and see what everyone is up to...

Bandit: I hear ya! It took us almost 8 years to be able to save enough for this - I can not imagine how long it is going to save for the kitchen remodel... LOL - oh well, it all has to be done so that we can sell the house eventually - when ever the market turns around - then we will start to look for the house that we hope to retire in. But we are taking it one step at a time. You do so good with the preplanning!

Itryharder
11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh gals,
We're doing great.
:bravo: for Cherry for losing weight! You go girl! :goodscale: I think you lost weight because you recognize what you're doing and have been making adjustments in what you eat all the time. I bet I'm right! Eating well gets to be a habit and then we all have to tweak things wherever we are. :goodvibes:

Life4evr, isn't it great when you learn something about yourself? :bravo:
:carrot: Yay!

Princess, so glad you're back to sleeping in your house. You're handling this make-over and work soooooo well. You must almost be done with the renovation. Yay!
Thanks for the encouragement. I astound myself at how bad my binges are sometimes, but then I try to pick up the pieces and go on. Emotional eating can be tough, but I'm always working on it.

Bandit, planning and preparing are key. I did very well a couple of weeks ago when I made crockpot dinners over the weekend and then had them in the fridge to eat when I needed them. You're doing great! Thanks for the tips.
and I'm so glad you're taking such good care of yourself.

Today at my WI I was up 1.6#. At least I didn't gain back all I lost, but it did trigger me right back to the 190's. That's okay. Today has been terrific and I've got my evening meal and snack planned. I ordered my first Christmas present, my dh's :hb: is this weekend. We are treating the kids and us to Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. It should be great. We've gone often in the past----sometimes I've even won free tickets from my local newspaper promotions, but this is the first year that we're taking our six year old grandson with us and we hope he loves it! Then my dh is on a good roll with his diet, so he is not requesting a dinner specially for his birthday. He wants a couple of slices out and a Diet Coke. What a guy! Makes my life easier since it's tricky to have heavy foods or dinners out. Okay, I've gone on much too long, but that's what I'm dealing with right now. We walk on the boardwalk daily and it's a great help to my spirits and to getting in shape.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving :cool:

Princess1122
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday!

Well I think that officially exhaustion has set in - I am so tired I can barely think what to do but need to keep chugging forward. Either I am not handling stress well or I have slept wrong or something because my neck is really hurting again... just not sure what the problem is and too tired to figure it out. The remodel is moving along slowly but it is moving.

I did get on the scale this morning and it is way up - TOM has arrived so it is no great surprise - Meeting and W/I tonight, as least I know what to expect.

Bandit: Good luck at your W/I tonight!

Judy: Sounds like you are moving in the right direction!

Cherry: Great job on the loss!

Have a great day all!

bandit2
11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - good you are back on track and having a terrific day & preplanning
hubbys birthday. Good for you!

Princess - I can see why you are tired, lots going on and TOM certainly wouldn't help. Just keep at it and thanks for the good luck wishes tonight.

All - hope everyone is having a good week. Lets all drink some extra water
when we can.

Got in my 2 mile walk last night & that makes 12 for this week (my day 1 starts Friday, since Tops is Thurs evenings) - I find it easier to keep track of things that way.

Have a good day, everyone.

Itryharder
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Princess, here's some :goodvibes: coming your way. An incomplete bathroom and TOM at the same time just doesn't seem fair. :grouphug: that your sleeping and neck get back to normal soon.

Bandit, good luck on your WI. You've got the exercise on the run. Weigh to go!

Everybody, have a great day. Keep on keepin' on.
My day is fine so far, but we've got plenty of rain and I feel super tired. I just made a cuke/onion salad and I've got a big pot of vegetable soup on the stove. It should be yummy. Got to Trader Joe's this morning and I've got the laundry going and I think I'll try to dust my hutch and put out some Thanksgiving-ish decorations to cheer up this house. :cheer: Hives were bad again today and they play havoc with my weight. I have to keep in mind to stay on track, ignore the scale and get my exercise in.
Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Thanksgiving.

Princess1122
11-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone!

Did not go to my TOPS meeting last night... just threw something together for supper then went to bed... my neck/back is really flaring up again, not sure what I did to set it off.

Judy: Sounds like you are doing good with the exception of the hives... what is the doctor saying about them?

Have to run but take care everyone!

bandit2
11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone:

Judy - soup sounds good to have on hand & will fill you up in between meals as well. Hope you had a good OP day.

Princess - sorry to hear about your neck/back, hope you get well quick.

I was down 3.25# last night so was really happy with that. Received a
"6 week no gain" certificate, so that was nice. Bob on Biggest Loser
was talking about fibre this past week & said most of us don't get enough,
so I am going to increase that this week.

Cold and rainey up here, yuck. But at least I can't rake more leaves today.

Have a great weekend!

Princess1122
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Bandit: A huge congrats to you on your amazing loss! Great job!

Itryharder
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Princess, :goodvibes: for feeling better.

Bandit, you are on a roll! Weigh to go! :goodscale: Excellent :carrot: and :tread: pay off. What a fabulous loss. Keep up the good work.

Judy
234.6/190.8/170's by Halloween
:cool:
To answer the question about hives, it looks like I'm stuck with them. I am going to return to my physician's assistant to seek her opinion, but it looks like they will simply go away by themselves when they're ready. I've had hives twice before a long time ago and both times they lasted for more than a year. Ugh. It's discouraging, but right now I have to use nsr successes to measure my good work. I'm eating very little and filling up on soup or a piece of fruit when I get very hungry. Rain again today so I went on the :tread: instead of the boardwalk. Good exercise.

Hey, everybody have a great weekend. Drink that water (as Bandit keeps reminding us) and keep on keepin' on!

life4evr
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Just a quick run through the thread. Hope everyone is doing well. I am suffering from some nasty heartburn. I weighed in today so no gain, I lost 0.5#. So now I know that wasn't water weight i lost last week. Trying to get back on track and stay on track.

Itryharder
11-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Life4evr, weigh to go! :goodscale: Hey 10# down is great. Keep up the good work. :carrot: :bravo:

this was a good food weekend for me. Some challenges, but I stayed within my points and that's always a good thing. Also got to walk on the boardwalk. Cold here but sunny. Beach was incredibly windy, so I'm hoping I had to burn more calories just to get where I was going.
Have a great Monday. Tomorrow is dh's :hb: and he's on such a roll with his weight reduction that we may not even celebrate with food. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Judy

Princess1122
11-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all!

Boy that was a fast weekend... felt like I blinked and it was Monday morning already! Got lots of leaves raked and bagged and some house work done, I am not putting a lot of effort into the house work until they are totally done with the bathroom remodel as dust and dirt keep flying everywhere... DH and I took MIL and went to see the movie "Red" yesterday afternoon - Loved it! It was well cast and lots of funny moments so it was a nice two hours spent on a Sunday afternoon - we headed to Wal-Mart after the movie and got the shopping done. Tonight we need to clean out the gutters and fill the bird feeders. Food was so so this weekend - I gobbled popcorn at the movie theaters but it took the place of lunch - made cookies as a thank you to the friend that let us spend the night last week - sent a big old plate down to him with DH yesterday but we still have too many left at the house and way too many found their way into my mouth... I need to get rid of the rest of them!

Got a call from one of the TOPS gals over the weekend since I had missed the last meeting she wanted to fill me in and get me up to date which I really apprecitated. They are doing a secret pal thing up to the Christmas celebration meeting which will be December 2nd so that should be fun.

Bandit: A huge congrats to you! You are a real inspiration! Any hints or tips you can pass along?

Judy: Looks like you guys are getting some crudy weather this week - take care of your self and be careful if you go to the boardwalk! congrats to your DH on his reduction and on his birthday!

Life: Congrats!!! My motto is any weight lost is good!

All - Have a great day!

bandit2
11-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - you and I are doing so many similar things right now. I am suppose to go to movies to see Red tomorrow with my ladies group and I got my gutters cleaned on Sat & raked leaves as well.
As far as tips what has been working lately for me is increasing my protein (I cannot believe how much better I feel & rarely hungry between meals) getting in my walks, staying within my points EVERY day and preplanning when I know I have a social function with food & of course drinking my water faithfully. Hope this helps.

Judy/Life - glad you guys are doing great & on track this week.

All - chime in when you can. Anyone have any new recipes they have tried?

As for myself, staying on track & feeling good. Trying to drop a few more #
before Christmas parties start up. Already have 2 invites.

Have a great day!

Princess1122
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Bandit: Thanks for the tips - all great ideas that I need to get moving on. Yep we seem to be doing the same things... LOL - I think that you are located directly north of me - very far north granted but we sure seem to get the same weather, etc. We are looking into getting a snow blower this year since none of the kids are around to help anymore... we have a corner property and a fairly long driveway... all sidewalks in our city have to have the snow removed or you get a fine... soooo it is off to price snow blowers, not what we need to be spending money on right now but something that is needed. Good luck this week, you are doing so great!

Itryharder
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi Turtles,
I don't have any new recipes to try, but I'll keep my ears open.

Bandit, when I saw 75g. of protein recommended by your nutritionist I thought that is what I should be doing. :chef:I know that I always lose better when I up the protein and slash back on bread, but most carbs. I'm glad its working so well for you! You're doing great. I especially admire you because you keep such a busy social life and yet continue on your weight loss journey. :bravo:

Princess, get the snowblower! It's a tremendous help. My dh is 74 today. :hb: and I would hate to see him shovel snow. I know we don't get as much as you and Bandit get, and I bet Tessa gets loads of snow too. But still, getting out there with a shovel is strenuous and we don't have kids in our house or even in the neighborhood who seem interested in removing snow. Hopefully you'll find a sale at Sears or someplace. That was so nice of your pal at TOPS to call and bring you up to date and make sure you were okay. Really nice.

Today was my dh's :hb: and we made it a nice day. This was the weekend we treated our kids to Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. Christmas seems far away right now-----we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet,----but it'll be here before I turn around and this event was a wonderful way to get in the spirit. My dh just wanted everyone to have a good time and we did. That was his birthday present. He wanted pizza, so I ordered a salad and had 1 1/2slices for a total of 10 points. Not bad and I've got salad left over for later tonight. I find if I can stay away from the very sweet foods, I have a better chance of staying on program.

Here's :goodvibes: to all of us. Challenging times are coming, but I've been able to lose during this time-----one pound a week puts us down 7-8# by Christmas. That's a really nice goal! I'm working on it. My food has been good all this week and I've gotten some exercise in. The scale is stubborn, but it'll happen if I keep it up.
Take care and write when you can.
Judy

Princess1122
11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is a beatiful sunny day here and the temps are to go up to 70 and even a bit higher tomorrow so I think that DH and I will take the opportunity to grill out for our suppers both days. I have chicken out for tonight, have not made it to tomorrow night though... LOL.

DH and I cleaned out the gutters last night and got some of the higher up bird feeders filled up. The tops of my legs are killing me today from going up and down that ladder... LOL - tells me how much I need to get to the gym!

After reading all of the posts of those that are successful and constantly losing I truly know that I need to try harder, even with being on the meds ect it is still no excuse to just keep eating things that I know are going to make me retain or gain and not get in the walking, etc that I know will help in the losing process... it is not like I have not done this before... ugh, I frustrate myself! I need to get my butt in gear!

Judy: Congrats on the low points meal even with DH birthday celebration! That is fantastic! I'll bet the show at Radio City was wonderful! Yes, we are going to get the snow blower, will start shopping for one this weekend - I had a grandfather that had a heart attack while shoveling snow so that is a huge motivation to me to purchase one... DH and I are just too out of shape but to be honest that grandfather was a thin man and in very good shape - but still....

Bandit: I have a recipe that I will try and post either later today or tomorrow... it is from one of the TOPS gals for a veggie pizza - she did not include the calorie count on it but maybe someone on here that has etools could point it out for us... it was very good - she made it at the annual pitch in and recipe swap meeting.

I have to run but will talk soon!

Princess1122
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Bandit loss has really motivated me to get my butt back to doing what WW are supposed to do. I dug out my journal and have started using it, stayed within my points yesterday and when it came to my bedtime snack and I did not have any points left I just went to bed. All in all it was a good day... I did not get any exercise in - was hoping to get the dogs to the park for at least a little walk as we all need it badly, they have been so pend up during the renovation that they are going stir crazy and DH and I just need to get moving on a regular basis.

Bandit: I forgot the recipe but will try and get it posted this evening when I get out of work... I can not access my personal email here and that is where it is... at the very least I can hop on line after work and send it here so that I can post it in the morning... I did find a couple of crockpot core recipes yesterday that sound pretty good... will post them here in a bit. Thanks again for your constant support, it is motivating me to do better!

Judy: I think today is your W/I day so the very best of luck to you! How are you doing this week? Any new party plans in the works? Thanksgiving this year will be at DS and DIL's house so it will be a very welcome change for me to not host it. We have to travel to pick up my mother up north and then take her home again but since it is 6 hours round trip will most likely do the traveling the day before and the day after. How about you, are you hosting this year?

All: chime in when you can to let us know how you are doing - if you are on plan or not - it helps to keep/get us on track!

I hear that WW is going to introduce a new plan and it is going to be a bit of a change up from what we are all used to. If my contract holds out past December I would like to join again to see what is new... will just have to wait and see...

Itryharder
11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi,
Princess, I've come down with a bug and feel horrible. I'm sitting here at the computer in my WI clothes trying to make up my mind whether to go or not. I'm down about a pound and this has been a very good week, so I'd like to see the positive change on the WW scale. On the other hand, I wouldn't stay for the meeting because I wouldn't want to make anyone sick. Ugh.

As far as Thanksgiving, it'll be here, but there will only be 5 of us this year. My ds in on call so his family won't be able to make it. One of my dd's is going to her inlaws this time around, so it leaves my other dd and dsil and dear friend and dh and me. I've been running tired and dh said he'd shop for me if I give him a list and I'm going to take him up on it!

Princess, I love that you're being stricter with yourself. Yes, Bandit's got a good plan in place again and she's doing great! I know both you and I and all the Turtles can do the same. Eat less, move more! I almost want to write LOL for that idea, but the main thing for all of us is to put in the effort it takes to actually lose the weight. I'm frustrated too because I'm trying so hard and my weight isn't budging the way I want it to.

I hope your contract renews for next year, but I'll give you a head's up on the new WW plan. From what I've gathered, the points will be different and I've heard that both fruits and veggies will be zero points. All that is a rumor, so when I find out right after Thanksgiving, I'll let you know.

All you Turtles, this is a tough time of year. Chime in, keep on keepin' on. Give us support and we'll do the same for you!
Cherry, Tessa, KimL, Mrs. Thos, Lauren, Lin, and all our buddies. You're great. No one ever said weight loss was easy, but when you chime in, it helps us all.
Judy

CherryAutumn
11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Well TOM is coming this week and it is definately showing on my scale. it is up by a few pounds and I am not going to go into details. I think it is just from salt and water weight but i cant be sure. We are going to use my parents treadmill for a while and see if we like it and will actually use it. My family is a big support to me and I need it to battle my depression.:^: Looks like everyone is doing good.

Princess1122
11-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Judy: A small and quiet Thanksgiving might be just the ticket for you! I am thinking that I am going to take advantage of it not being at my house this year and that way I will not have a ton of left overs to tempt me!

Here are two recipes that I got out of the WW Core Recipe catagory on this site, you may already have them but I was poking around yesterday and found them, they looked good and were crockpot meals so I saved and printed them, here you go!

Crockpot Beef Stew
Makes 4 servings

1 lb. stew meat
Adolph's non-seasoned meat tenderizer
1 large red onion sliced
2 tbs. minced garlic
4-5 potatoes scrubbed and cut into large pieces
1/2 bag of shredded carrots
8 oz. frozen tiny green beans
1 c. frozen petite peas (don't put them in until the stew is finished)
1 can of Healthy Choice lower fat Tomato Soup
3/4 can of hot water
1-2 tsp. Splenda
black pepper to taste.

Tenderize meat and cut into chunks. Cut onion. Saut the meat in hot skillet with a little olive oil, and get it brown on both sides. Add onion and garlic and stir fry for a minute or two. Place this into crockpot then add the veggies with the exception of the peas. Mix the soup, water, and Splenda together and pour over stew. Place crockpot on high for 2 hours, then reduce to low and check it in two hours. If done, then turn off the pot and mix in the peas.

Mexican Chicken
2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cans of black beans
1 cans of niblets corn
1 jar of chunky salsa

Spray crock with non-stick cooking spray. Put corn in bottom of crockpot. Place chicken on top of corn. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Pour in salsa. Pour beans over salsa (note: it didn't say to drain the beans, but it's best to do so). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken pieces and dice them, then return to crockpot.

Itryharder
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey Turtles,
Cherry, thanks for chiming in. I love having my :tread: at home and it helps for exercise when it's rainy or too cold to walk outside. Good luck and keep on keepin' on!

Princess,
many thanks for the crockpot recipes. The chicken dish is similar to one that Bandit posted a while ago and I made. In that one, you used the oven, but I find the crockpot very handy. I'll point them out when I'm feeling better.
I went to my WI and was disappointed. I lost .2#. Ugh. But I've got a couple of symptoms that I have to talk to my doc about and I've got an appt. for Monday. Too many things are going on in my body and I need a resolution. I'll let you know when I know more. Nothing serious---just adjusting.

In the meantime I shortened my Thanskgiving shopping list and dh is going to get everything for me this year. We're going to buy a pumpkin pie, my dd is going to make pumpkin bread, my dsil is going to make the sweet potato casserole and that will lighten everything up for me. I think you're right, Princess, that a small Thanksgiving will be a help.

I wish you all the best. Take it easy. be well and happy and drink that water. By the way, a friend of mine said she broke her plateau by eating grilled chicken and fish and brown rice and sweet potatoes and staying away from bread for awhile. That sounds like good advice to me.

Judy
234.6/190.6/170's by Thanksgiving :cool:

Itryharder
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
HI Guys,
The Beef Stew pointed out as 8 which isn't bad since it has all the veggies and potato in there as well as the beef.

The Mexican Chicken was only 6 points using chicken that cooked down to 12 oz.----probably about 14oz. raw.

Thanks for the recipes. They'll come in handy over the holidays as I head out shopping, etc.
Judy
Keep the :goodvibes: coming!

life4evr
11-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi Glad everyone one is doing well. I am still here not really on plan, more less just hanging out. I have been suffereing from really bad reflux so me and food arent exactly friends right now. School is about to take me out :(. I have managed not to crazy on the cake my mom made for my birthday.

Thats about it. Everyone have a goodnight.

Princess1122
11-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello everyone... I am late logging on, it has been a crazy day so this is the first chance I am getting. I hope that everyone is doing well. Eating is going good for me over the past couple of days, I just need to work in the exercise!

Things are stressful here right now, between the remodel, "momma-drama", my contract coming to an end, etc it has been overwhelming for me... I think the exercise would really help if I could just manage to push everything else aside... easier said then done I guess, but it will happen!

Judy: I am so sorry that you are not feeling well! I hope that the doctor is able to help you and that you get to feeling better very soon! Thanks for pointing out those recipes... I am thinking about the beef stew for one day this weekend as it is supposed to be rainy and cold. Your plan for Thanksgiving is wonderful! Mine is chugging along but there are some bumps in the road that will have to be worked out... I will just keep at it.

Life: I hope that things get better for you really soon!

Bandit: Good luck tonight at your W/I - I am super eager to see how you do!

I have to run... no rest for the wicked!

Princess1122
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all!

It is supposed to be a nice warm day here so once I get out of work I will head home to get my house cleaning started and open up the windows to let the house air out. They finished the bathroom last evening - we have a couple of minor things that they need to fix but for the most part it is done... sigh! It was a very long three weeks - LOL - well worth it though, sadly the bathroom is now the nicest room in our house - we will start our piggy bank again and do the kitchen next time.

W/I last night was a turtle for me... nothing gained and nothing lost so that was ok - I have recommited myself to get a move on and food has been really good since about Tuesday - Exercise is what I need to work on next and will hit at least one class at the gym this weekend, I think it will really help me to deal with the stress also. Raking leaves is on the list again for this weekend so that will help too!

I hope that everyone is doing well... Any plans for the weekend? Have a very happy weekend everyone!

bandit2
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - Veggie pizza sounds good and thank you for the crockpot recipes.
I love trying new things. Glad to hear you are doing better with your menus
and that your renov is done. Hope you find time for some exercise, which will help de-stress. Nice job on not gaining anything - the loss will come, just keep at it.

Judy - Good for you for setting a goal with Christmas season approaching and nice job on getting in your exercise & keeping on track. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cherry - glad to see you posting & the use of a threadmill is bonus.

Life - hope you get feeling better as well.

I was down 2# this week and got in 9 miles of walking at the indoor track.
So feel good about that. Going to dance this weekend & out for dinner first, but will plan ahead and eat light beforehand, so that will help stay on track.

All - hope everyone else is doing well.

Princess - you mentioned ww was changing, anymore news on that. I think when they change things it happens in States first, so would be nice to have a heads up since I basically use ww points system.

Princess1122
11-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Bandit: Yep - I hear that they are rolling out a new program - I did read a bit on it from the main WW forum on here... poke around and see if you can find it - I think they may have rolled it out in the UK already and that is how news about it is getting out. I am going to have to rely on the Turtles to help with the new program too as I don't think I am going to be able to re-join WW any time soon, the news here at work is worse then expected so TOPS is a blessing for me but since I follow WW I would like to know what I need to do - we can figure it out together I think with the help of the other Turtles.
Congrats on the loss, that is fantastic, have a great weekend!

bandit2
11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Princess - thanks for the info. Probaby by the new year we will need something new. Change is good!

Itryharder
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Life4evr, in your message can I gather you've just had a birthday? If so, :hb: :bravo: Hey, I'm sorry things are bad, but hang in there. We're all pulling for you. :grouphug: :love:

Bandit, another terrific week. Are you adjusting your ticker scale at all? You're doing great and I'm so happy for you. Would you mind saying what you're eating because you're doing so fabulous. :goodscale: :bravo:
:carrot: :dancer: :dancer:

Princess, staying the same is a pretty good thing. Now you'll see movement now that you're tracking your points so well. :bravo: I'm so glad your bathroom is done and things should go back to normal now. It's not easy to keep a routine with such a necessary part of your home gone for three weeks. Weigh to go on doing a good job with weight through it all. I promise I'll let you guys know all I know as soon as I know it with the WW changes. It'll happen here in NY right after Thanksgiving.

I've hit a snag, but I know I can shake myself up. I'm feeling almost completely better now and I should be fine by tomorrow. Food is rearing its ugly head.

Gotta go------I know my attitude is up and down and I hope I'm not driving anyone nuts.
Judy

Itryharder
11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
I clicked on the Looking for new WW program thread on www.3fatchicks.com. Then I used their link and typed in article 1326447. That brought up an article that deals with WW Pro-Points Plan A that skims the surface of what we may be getting here in the states. It's in effect in the UK already. Just thought you'd like to know. It looks pretty good---fruits and veggies free, better point values for protein and it looks like worse point values for simple carbs and sugars----sounds sensible to me. I'll know the real deal after Thanksgiving, but this was fun to check out. :tread: :chef: :carrot:
Judy

Princess1122
11-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Here is the recipe that I was talking about a few days ago, it is one that my friend at TOPS gave me. It seems to be served at room temp with the veggies basically raw since there is no baking after they are added. This may be more of a finger food then some like but it was very good when she brought it to the pitch in.

substitute low/reduced/no fat ingredients where you can...and add more of your favorite veggies ...

2 packages of crescent rolls
1 cup mayo
6 oz cream cheese
1 zesty italian dry salad dressing packet
1 1/2 c fresh broccoli
1 1/2 c fresh cauliflower
1 grated carrot
1 c cheddar cheese
green onions

unroll and press the crescent rolls into a baking sheet; make sure the seams are pressed together. bake for 350 for 10 minutes. cream together cream cheese and mayo. mix in the zesty italian salad dressing packet and incorporate. spread the mixture on the cooled crust and layer veggies and cheese. add green onion to taste. cut and serve.

Princess1122
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone! DH and I just got home from the Colts vs the Bengals game that was here in Indy this weekend. It was a fun time and the Colts won so it was a good day. Food has been good! I have ate out couple of times this weekend and made good choices instead of just picking what ever I wanted... but it was all good and worked out well... the scale seems to be moving slowly downward and that is a wonderful thing.

DH and I got some Christmas shopping done, raked a ton of leaves, grocery shopped and laundry done... so it was a productive weekend.

Judy: You are very right, when things are not as they normally are it really throws me out of whack... I am glad to have my home back and the bathroom is beautiful. I have high hopes for this weeks W/I so we will just keep our fingers crossed. I sure hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Bandit: I agree, I think that change up every now and then helps us in our weight loss journey so we will see what happens.

Have to run, need to get lunches started for tomorrow and get the last load of towels out of the dryer. Take care everyone and have a wonderful evening.

life4evr
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Today has been an interesting day. Aight I weighed in today. I can admit I have been half following. Well last week even with my half track I was popping sodas left and right. Well I blame the sodas for the 1# gain. Which isn't that bad. But actually drinking several sodas was the only thing I did differently. Oh, well shaking it off. Things are starting to settle with my grandma.

ETA: Forgot this so since today was a wierd day I was thinking while I was cleaning. Someone told me a long time ago, that I didn't take out enough time for myself. I am starting to realize they were right. So I am trying to make my gym time my me time. Maybe that will motivate me to go since that will be my getaway. Okay done for real lol.

Princess1122
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! The cold weather is coming back, guess that little blast of warm air that we had this week decided to head south - LOL. The weekend was super busy here, none -stop actually, but it only gets busier from here... both of my DS birthdays are this month along with Thanksgiving then we plow on into the Christmas holiday season. My days are packed but that is ok - keeps me busy and a busy me is much better than a bored me :D

Life: Yeah - soda will get you every time, I am happy that is one thing that I don't crave at all. A million other things but not soda - LOL - you are right, we never make time for us... I am very guilty of that one!

Have a great day all, I have to run but will check back at lunch time.

life4evr
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Hope everyone has a good day. I am off to run errands. Trying to hit the gym up before heading back home.

life4evr
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi. Everyone popping back in. Well I made it to the gym, it has been awhile and it kicked my butt. Dinner is cooking as I type. Not sure what meat I am going to eat. Hope everyone had a good day.

Itryharder
11-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Turtles,
Here's :goodvibes: to all of us!! :bravo: to the Turtles.

I'm just back from my doctor and it looks like I'm going to see an allergist. Not fun since I have to be off antihistamines for a week. Lots of luck with that since it's the antihistamines that have helped me cope with hives over this long period of time. Ugh. They are looking for something a little beyond hives and it can be treated, so I guess I have to pursue this. I'd rather shove it under a rug, but I'm being a grownup.

Princess, you are amazingly busy. Wow I thought we had a lot of fall :hb:. you top us. You sound like you've got it under control! Keep up the good work. How's the smoking/non-smoking going?

Life4evr, I was so happy to hear that you were going to take some me time at the gym. You rock! :exercise:

We're all doing the best we can. :grouphug: to us all
Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/190.6/170's sometime in the future. :cool:

Princess1122
11-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It is cold here this morning with rain on the way but we need the rain so I will not complain. I have been pretty busy at work lately and I find that I don't even think about food when my mind is truly occupied elsewhere so I hope that the busyness continues :D - No exercise this week really other than the raking of leaves on Saturday and lots of walking downtown on Sunday, hoping to get a walk in the halls in during lunch today.

I made that mexican chicken dish in the crockpot yesterday for last nights supper, made brown rice and green beans to have with it. DH did not like the chicken dish at all, I thought it was ok but would not run to make it again without some changes. I need to look back over my recipes to see if I have the one that Bandit makes since Judy said it was similiar and I'll bet much better so will try her's next time. I have the stuff to made beef stew and a couple of other dishes too so will be trying them out here soon.

We are meeting up with the kids tonight for DS's birthday celebration - we are going to an Italian resturant down close to where they live and I fear that the choices are going to be hard but will figure it out!

Judy: The very best luck to you on your journey for healing, I really truly hope that they get it figured out for you and super fast! I have smoked a couple of times but am pretty much done with it - DH fell off the wagon and is smoking full time now so that makes it hard but I am determined this time!

CherryAutumn
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Sorry I havent been posting. The kids and I have had the flu and it has not been a good past couple of days. I think we are on the mend but still not keeping a whole lot down

alliez
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey Everyone! I am finally back! Things have been super crazy around here in the last couple of weeks. State football playoffs done, we lost in the semis, but our girls volleyball team finished 2nd at state last weekend! Now for a couple weeks free of sports, then bring on basketball. I haven't been to WI in a couple of weeks, but am going tonight, so I will hope for maintenance!

I haven't had a lot of time to check over the board, but I do have one idea for the soda drinkers. I used to drink at least 3 sodas per day, I was able to cut that down by drinking iced tea. At first I didn't know if I would be able to make the change, but now I am a tea addict! I know a lot of people like sweet tea, and I guess splenda would work for that. I was fortunate enough to grow up with my family drinking unsweetened tea and don't care for the sweetness.

I will check back in tonight and try to catch up with everyone! Have a great day!

bandit2
11-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone - busy gals but sounds like everyone is doing well.

Judy - hope you are on right track with your allergies and get better soon.

Princess - nice you are getting back on your regular schedule.

So much to read & I have been busy trying to get my book club book read & finished yesterday so was pleased about that. House Rules was the book - was good, abit drawn out but enjoyed it. So our club has the monthy dinner on 24th and will find out what we are reading next.

Judy - you were asking about my menu & I am basically still following my WW
points with increasing my protein and drinking lots of water. Also with my weight going up/down soooooooo much over summer, I didn't update my signature.

I am meeting tomorrow for final body analysis on the challenge I was in, so that should be interesting.

Nice & sunny right now but rain is on its way

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday.

Princess1122
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Wat...alculator.html

Hey Turtles!

I found the link above, it is the new food calculator for the new plan that starts at the end of the month... I think that prepared foods that we eat are going to be very high in points on the new plan while fruits, vegs and lean protiens will go down... which is good news for Bandit!

I have not had a chance to play with it yep but hope to tomorrow!

life4evr
11-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. Well today was clinical day for me. So I am dipping into my weekly points since I am just hungry and can't seem to get full. Which usually happens after clinicals. I think the early morning and all the moving shocks my body. My eating has been okay. I fell victim to a bake sale. No bake oatmeal cookies, my weakness, on another not I think I finally saw what a serving size was suppose to be for those. Hmm sorry for rambling. I am bout to turn it in have a goodnight.

Princess1122
11-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well we went out to dinner last night, I got the spagetti and meatballs - it was about the best choice - had a salad to start - I did eat the whole plate of spag - I was starving by the time we got to the place and got to actually eat so that was a problem I will have to work out moving forward... It was good and the kids were a blast to be with so what ever happens, well it was worth it... Moving on...

I used that new calculator and all I can say is OMG! I did it for a nutri-grain bar with is my go to mid-morning snack. It is 2 points on the old plan... and if that calculator is correct than it will be 3.7 points on the new plan... since it takes into account protein and carbs it is a whole new ball game when it comes to points. I think that over all it will be a very good change but one that we will all have to get used to.

Judy: Good luck at W/I today and I hope that you are feeling ok...

Bandit: I will have to look the book up and see if it is something that I would enjoy and if so maybe get it for my Nook. So let me ask you a question, how did you find your book club? I was attending one but it went down to only three members and then it just stopped - I would really like to find another one that reads the kind of books that I like or at least a bit closer to those that I enjoy then the last group. Did you do an internet search or just get lucky finding them?

Life: Sounds like you are super busy... I have never met a cookie that I did not fall in love with so I totally understand the whole bake sale thing... ugh, they are hard to pass up!

Allie: Welcome back! I am a tea drinker also, I use splenda in mine but also drink it plain (we grew up that way too with unsweetened tea). I hope that your W/I went as well and you thought it would go!

Take care everyone and post when you can! Any new recipes or tips for the Holiday would be great... anything that you do to stay on track, etc. It would be a great time to share ideas with each other, never know what will work!

bandit2
11-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Morning turtles:

What a rain storm in middle of night - woke me up & had no idea what was going on. But by a.m. was OK. Princess probably had same thing.
Anyway, dark cold rainey day up here - yuck!

Princess - I fond the book club through wwwmeetup.com and then typed in my postal code and all the groups nearby come up. There are soooooo
many social/activity clubs as well. As far as book club, I have been to 1
dinner meeting which they have montly to discuss book we have just read.
Last month there were only 4 ladies who were there. This months is on the 24th so will let you know how that goes.

Got in another walk last night then watched Biggest Loser - so much crying on that show - like every person on there is crying. I like concept of show, but getting alittle tired of emotions.

Everyone - good luck at the scales!

Princess1122
11-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Bandit: Thanks for the info - I am listed on Meetup.com for my interests, book was one of them. I think that is how the lady that ran the last book club got my name but I will try it again. Thanks! I agree about the Biggest Loser, to be honest that is why I stopped watching it, too much of the wrong kind of drama... life can be rough enough without watching people cry for an hour, sometimes two! We did get that storm, it rained non-stop yesterday and it was just a really yucky day, just like you said - LOL. Have a great day!

Itryharder
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi TUrtles,
I've been reading and I want to respond to all, but I'm exhausted right now. I got to an allergist and he assured me that I do not have a more complicated illness than simple hives. Thank Goodness! One of my docs over the summer was really concerned and I've had blood workups, etc. I'm very grateful that, although I still have hives, that they will go away in their own sweet time, so I'll continue on as I have.
Good luck to us all!
You guys are the best!
Judy

life4evr
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Itryharder glad it just hives, even those they are enough to deal with. I woke up feeling bad this morning :(. So needless to say I wasn't eating much. When I started feeling better I ate too much. So either way I feel bad. At least no class tomorrow, still have a major care plan. My grandma seems to be getting better bit by bit.

Princess1122
11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Thursday to you all!

It is a cold, rainy day here today, not a pretty fall day at all but they are calling for a nice weekend so that is a wonderful thing! The bathroom renovation is officially over now, we turned over the final check last night so the bathroom is beautiful and the bank account is empty... LOL - we are very happy with the final result and life is getting back to normal.

Did the family meal for DS (youngest) last night, all of the really bad food which is his favorites were present and accounted for... UGH - the works too! Fried ham, mashed potatoes, country gravy with biscuts! I ate a small amount because I was hungry and since it was on a week night I did not have time to mess around, I was hoping to find the time to throw together a salad but as it turned out I did not, over all I did not put much on my plate but it was enough to fill me up - I have to get through Thanksgiving and my oldest DS birthday and then I can take a breather till the Christmas holidays kick in.

DH and I are going to start working on our basement and try and do a few things down there ourselves... repaint, redo the floor, etc so that we have a family room and basically make more living space in the house. That is our winter project.

Judy: Great news that it is not something more serious but I know that the hives have got to be frustrating... I hope it starts to go away really soon for you! Are you planning anything big for the Christmas holiday this year?

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tonight, I hope that you do really well! I expect to be down a bit, nothing major since I ate out and last nights supper had a lot of sodium but down a bit will be ok with me, I am back on track with the food for the most part and looking forward to some success in the near future.

Live: Glad to hear that your grandma is doing better. Best of luck in getting your food to where it should be.

Cherry: How are you doing? Is your family over the flu?

Tessa: Hope you are doing well, have not heard from you in a while... Post when you can!

Allie: How are you doing? Getting back into the swing of things yet? So you are a big sports family?

Itryharder
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm going to chime in here and then start a new thread since we're so long.
Feeling much better this morning. Had a throw-away day yesterday with food, but am determined to be on track today. Will be tough since we're going out tonight for dinner with our friend. Celebrating our birthdays.
The good news from a great doctor yesterday has me hopeful, and yes, Life4evr----you're right-----hives alone are a lot to cope with. I'll have to exercise more and eat better to shake up some of this weight.

Princess, interesting news about the new WW calculator. I never liked that WW would say you could eat anything you wanted in moderation, etc. Honestly, it didn't work for me. When I did best was when I ate salad, eggwhites, little bread, lean protein and fruit----and that seems to be what the new program will emphasize. I am so :carrot: :dancer: that you are doing so well with your non-smoking! Way to quit!

Cherry, get well. It seems flu and little kids go together, so I'm sending :goodvibes: that your household gets well and stays well.

Alliez, how exciting for you and the volleyball team. :bravo: It's great to have something to be passionate about. Yeah, I love your idea about the iced tea. I usually have one diet Coke a day, and now they're saying even that isn't the best thing to do. Tea is good for you.

Life4evr, ugh----bake sales-----so tempting. I'm glad to hear your grandma is getting better. :goodvibes: for her healing.

Bandit, good to hear about your efforts----thanks, they are really helpful. I haven't caught up with Biggest Loser this season. I think it's for the best because I hate to see people so exhausted and emotional that they are reduced to tears. I like the "reducing" part, just not the tears.

Okay----I promised I'd start a new thread so I'll see you all at #243 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful.
Judy :cool:

Itryharder
11-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Princess,
You and I posted at the same time. Wow! That is great news that your bathroom is beautiful. I'm so happy it turned out the way you wanted it to. Yay! I like your basement project. DH has been working on our basement by decluttering.. He tends to collect things. LOL. Family celebrations are tough.

Well, I'll have the family here for Thanksgiving, but there will only be 5 of us. Then for Christmas, we expect to be really busy. We'll have some for Christmas Eve and some staying overnight, and some returning on Christmas DAy. Then a couple of days later my ds and his family will come in for a late Christmas/ New Years----It's possible that we'll all be together for New Years and that would be great. I've got to do some planning ahead. I know I'm not making as many cookies as I've done in the past. None of us can really afford to eat them.
Okay---gotta run and start the thread.