WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for November....Thanksgiving is Around the Corner

Ladybug2680
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Greetings everyone. We are a great group who support each other through the ups and downs. We either weigh in on Thursday or we used to. Come join us and have a great time as we enjoy this journey together. ;)

Tina
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Good morning,

Dori, thank you so much for starting us off this month. :hug:

Wow, it's time to begin buying Thanksgiving food. Our stores are already starting their specials.
We have a new stainless steel GE frig. It has the 2 doors ( freezer one side and cold stuff the other). I told Larry that I'm not sure there's room in the freezer for a big bird! :o The shelves are so short. Hmmm.....

Are we all journaling today? I started again. Yea for me. :lol:

:flow1:

jar1965
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone!!! Hope ya' all had a great weekend!!! Ahhhhh, pumpkin pie and stuffing!!!!! (just sayin')!!!!

Heres "my" new dessert dish..........Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding (serves 4),
Smashed one ff graham cracker and sprinkled on top of the pudding after it set up.
Then I used a scoop of cool whip lite, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon!

I used skim milk to make my pudding.

My family LOVVVVEEEEED it! :carrot:

Have a great night.

Tina
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Jeanne, that sounds sooooo good.
What brand is that pumpkin spice pudding? I've never seen it.

Tina
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
V O T E

farmgirl7
11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, I have fallen so far off the wagon I have bruises! I ate candy, then ate more candy, then when I was feeling gross from all the candy I ate some more!!! I probably gonna have to diet for 2 weeks to undo the damage I've done. We had a ton of trick or treaters and dh had a blast trying to scare all of them! I starting over again. :( I need some serious will power dust!

jar1965
11-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Tina - it is JELL-O Brand. But.................super hard to find! Usually on an end cap with "fall foods".......

Tina
11-03-2010, 11:45 AM
farmgirl, I'm right there with you. :D
:dust:
Maybe this will help both of us.

Tina
11-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Jeanne, thanks for the information. There's one store in town that has lots of different things. I'll go try that one before I give up.

:turkey:

maureen kempster
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi
Farmgirl-you'll get back-just don't beat yourself up.
went to a meeting last night for the first time since february(I've been just doing it at home) and since then, and really just since July, I've managed to loose 22.5 pounds. So glad about that.

I'm at work so can't stay here but will check in later

maureen

Tina
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Maureen----:dance: :dance: :bravo:
You've done a fantastic job!!!!!!!

Oh, and I'm looking at your tracker information. Maybe the problem is that you can only do it in whole numbers and not anything like 142.8. That might be why it won't show up.

maureen kempster
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Tina

I rounded up and it's still not working!! it could be my stupid computer maybe I don't know-I have to get someone over to clean it up

Tina
11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have a stupid computer, too. :lol:

Ladybug2680
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm jumping back on the wagon. I'm gonna talk to Justin about me attending meetings because I seem to do so much better with meetings. If he says yes, my first meeting will be this evening. If not, I will continue to watch what I eat and add in exercise gradually. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I must get back to grading papers. Agh.

Tina
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Dori, right now the first meeting is FREE

auntie
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

Got my results from my dr and my cholesterol is the lowest it has been in years. She said if it keeps it up, she will take me off my meds.

Mom came home from the hospital today and will have to do therapy several times week.

I am taking tomorrow off to go to a conference with a student and her mom. Tina, it's in Navasota. We will come home on Sunday.

Maureen, you are doing awesome!

I have physical therapy at 7 in the morning. I didn't plan to well on being able to sleep later! :)

Tina
11-05-2010, 09:25 AM
T.G.I.F. :D :D :carrot: :D

I am not getting notices anymore----again!

Susan, I would've told you to be safe and have fun, if I'd gotten your note sooner. I hope y'all have a safe trip.
That's great about your mom. You should go down there and run her around the house. :lol:

Maureen, I'm at a loss about our tracker. :dizzy:

farmgirl--you can do this. We are here for you. (Did you throw away all the extra candy?)

Dori, I'm so proud of you for getting back OP.

Mimi, how are you feeling?
Tammy, we miss you here!!!!!

Jeanne, I've looked all over for the pumpkin spice pudding mix. It's not down here this year. I now remember finding it one year.
All the stores are putting out all the baking goods for the holidays.

It's cool here today--46 degrees. This makes me want to do something holiday-ish. :)
Everyone drink your water today.

auntie
11-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Getting read to leave now! I kind of feel like I should go to San Antonio. No one is helping except Lu! she slept there last night. Mom has that big ole brace on from her hip to her ankle for a few days and that makes it hard to get around. Her spirits are good!

Better run! Might post some later depends on the events!

If I find the pudding here I'll send you some. So far I haven't yet!

jar1965
11-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone!!! I re-vamped my diet and work outs this morning and am on a mission!!!!! I WILL LOSE "SOMETHING" BY CHRISTMAS!!! ;)
Cleaned out all my cuboards again and went for groceries and totally totally stayed on track with shopping! :cool:

Tina - Our stores still have TONS of the pumpkin spice jell-o brand instant pudding. I would be happppppppy to pick up and send to you. Let me know via pm! I bought 6 boxes. haha!
Oh....I never get notices either. I haven't for years!

Susan - Hi! How is your mom feeling today? Good job on your cholesterol!!!!!
Hope you had a good trip this we!

Maureen - Snow yet????? You are doing a great job and maintaining is soooo hard too! Have you just totally deleted your tracker and started over? I have had to do that before.

farmgirl - How did your weekend go??:hug:

Dori - how did your first week "back on the wagon" go?? I am starting hard core "AGAIN" today! WE WILL DO THIS!!!! I'm all about the meetings too! How's the family? Hope everyone is healthy.

Tammy & Mimi - Hi and big hugs girls!!!:hug:

Well we fell back last night so I suppose it will be dark at 5:00 and I will be ready for bed at 6:00!!! hahah!
I promised Bob chilli for dinner and I am making those pumpkin muffins he likes sooooooo much! I'm freezing 1/2 of them this time! Maybe it'll help me stay out of them!:devil:
Have a great day everyone! Drink that water and shake those bootys!
:dust::belly:

Tina
11-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy Sunday!!!! It's in the low 50's.
Hey, Jeanne, I fixed chili and cornbread the other night. Yummy! I'll be there in a flash to try yours.

I'll talk more later....got to go wash my hair before church time.

jar1965
11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Tina - Hi! I picked up 6 boxes of pumpkin spice Jell - O pudding for ya!:carrot:

maureen kempster
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Jeanne - I finally found some lemon pie filling in a can and made cupcakes with the filling & angel food mix-I made 16-tried one and they're good

thanks for the recipe

maureen

Tina
11-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Oooh, I forgot about the lemon pie filling and cake mix.

Jeanne, thanks so much for the pudding! :hug:

How was everyone's day? Would you believe, after lunch we sat down and watched Die Hard 2 on TV. It was good, again. I really like Bruce Willis.

Today, I feel thinner. Don't ya love that feeling! I can't wait for weigh-in this week.

auntie
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi,
Tina, I LOVE Bruce Willis. I've told Pat if Bruce comes knocking on the door I'm out of here! He told me "well if he comes I'll give you to him!" I just laughed!

Jeanne, you go girl! I'm with you on losing something before Christmas!

Mom is doing good. She is being very careful and has therapy a couple of times a week. I just talked to her and she is too cute! She really can't wait for me to come home and I can't wait to get there! I'm going the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. My sister and I will do the cooking.

Tammy, how was the Emmaus Walk? I know it was great!

I'm ready for bed! If I had my pjs on I'd be out! However, I often fall asleep before I get ready for bed. The time changes kills me. I think it's dark and I have to be home. Momma and Daddy did a good job instilling that in my head because I still believe it today! :)

Have a great night!

Tina
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Susan, glad you are home from your trip. How was it???
Also, glad your mother is doing well.

Today, I've been missing my mother. She always did all the cooking on Thanksgiving, when she could.

I don't like it getting so dark early. Larry just said that he was ready for bed at 8:00! I'm trying to wait until 9. :lol:

WendyRN
11-08-2010, 02:26 AM
My WW meetings are on Thursdays, so I thought I'd poke my head in here and say howdy!:wave:

Sounds like y'all are a lovely bunch! I look forward to celebrating success with y'all (and kissing some boo-boos along the way too, as I've had many myself).

I am actually in my 2nd week back at Weight Watchers meetings and getting back on track, lifetime member since 1999, but haven't been at my goal weight since 2003. I intend to lose it for good this time. I truly do have a brand new attitude about it that I never have!

VERY exciting!
Hope y'all have a great week!:hug:

maureen kempster
11-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Good morning all

Welcome Wendy - it's a pretty great bunch here. Look forward to hearing from you too.

Susan, Tina I know what you mean about the time change-I was in bed last night at 8:30!!

let's all have a great day on program

maureen

jar1965
11-08-2010, 06:38 AM
:coffee2:Good Monday morning everyone!

Susan - YAY!!! So glad your mom is feeling good!

Tina - I miss my mom too! I was 27 with a 5 year old and newborn when she died unexpectedly! She was my best friend! Holidays are always harder.......we kinda had a funny tradition........she would get up and make cinnamon rolls, turn on the t-giving day parade and we would visit and then dig out all the christmas decorations and decorate the tree and stuff on thanksgiving day. (it was truly the only day off we all had together)! THEN.......we made and ate homemade pizzas!~ haha! Don't get me wrong we grew up with the traditional t-day food too, but it was generally at my grandma's house or my inlaws on the w/e before or after or on t-day evening!

Anyways.....................we are suppose to have indian summer this week. Bob is going to put up all the christmas lights outside during the nice weather. We won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving tho! I'm off today. My car has a "3 week checkup"! Funny, hunh?! It's something Buick does when you buy from them. ok! Then tanning and a walk! I'm making fish for dinner. Not even 2 full weeks of Barkus left! Ahhhhhh! So sad. I may fill in during the holiday (december) just so we don't have to train anyone for the kiosk in the local mall!

Well I need some more cofffffeeeeeeee.....so I'm going to scoot! Everyone have a great healthy & productive day!:hug:

Tina
11-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi all,
Wendy--welcome, welcome, welcome

Maureen, going to bed at 8:30 sounds heavenly. We didn't make it until 9:30 :lol: You have a great Monday and maybe enjoy work.

Jeanne, you crack me up with pizza for t-day. Really, it sounds like you had a very loving family while growing up. It's so nice to have traditions.
I have continued traditions. If I happen to forget something, David points it out. :)

Okay, who's going to stay OP today? Everyone is!

jar1965
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
:welcome2: Wendy!!!!:welcome3:

Tina
11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey,
I just returned from the gym. I walked 30 min. on a treadmill. Boy, I haven't done that in a few weeks and am tired. This is just the start of my week of walking.
:)

jar1965
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Tina - Good job!:tread: Guess whats in the mail?!?!?!? It should be there by the 15th! Enjoy!

farmgirl7
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Welcome Wendy!
I had a great weekend. Just not long enough. I am back on track after eating ALL of the halloween candy. I have felt a little out of control lately in the food department. I hate it when that happens. So I just have to give myself a slap on the wrist and say "NO!". Gonna walk with dh tonight. I was doing 4 miles a day but hurt my foot (pulled a tendon) Its a little better. I've been resting it for 2 months and guess what has gone strait to my butt? Yep, candy. Its amazing how much exercise helps.
I hope all of yall have a great day. There has been too many posts for me to address but I did read each one. I have a great recipe for sf spiced tea if anyone wants it. Its really good. 0 pts. ttyl

can yall believe some people in my town have christmas lights up already and turned on? Talk about holiday spirit!

Tina
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Afternoon,
I hope everyone has had a great Monday.
Jeanne, thanks for the mail. :)
farmgirl, I would like your spiced tea recipe. I went to Hallmark's Open House over the weekend and they served a spice tea from a mix. It was good but I'm sure it wasn't 0 pts. :)
Decorations at the malls here went up right after Halloween. That's way too early for me.

auntie
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi,

Farmgirl, I'd love the spice tea recipe too! Please post it!

I've booked my ticket for my trip home. Pat's going to stay here. He said "you need to be home" ....so, it's going to be strange without Daddy. We'll manage to get through it together!

Tina, Hugs on missing your Mom. I understand!

I had lots to tell you but can't remember it..... I'm really tired tonight!

Oh, I know what one thing was.. My gym emailed me saying they were upping the monthly fee to almost $70 a month. I don't think I'm going to keep it when I can go to another gym and get a membership for a lot less. I'm really upset about it.

farmgirl7
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Good Morning!
Just had a high fiber pop tart with my coffee. I LOVE those! I will post the spice tea recipe as soon as I get home. I'm at work and don't have it with me. Its not hard, but I've only made i once so my memory is fuzzy. Hope everyone has a great day!:D

WendyRN
11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I've never see the high fiber Pop Tarts?! Are they lower points than the regular ones?

Lookin forward to the spice tea recipe too!

Thanks!

farmgirl7
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Good Evening!

Wendy- yes, they are 3 points a piece. So if you really want to splurge and eat the whole pack, its 6 points. I think the regular ones are 6 a piece. I eat the brown sugar cinnamon one. I found them at WalMart. Been getting them for 2 years or so.
Here is the sf spiced tea: 1 (3.3oz) jar sugar free iced tea mix with lemon.
2 (1.08oz) pkg sugar free orange brkfst drink mix
1tbsp + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
On the orange drink mix I think I used 3 of those little tubs. I looked at the ounces on the whole container and tried to follow that. It turned out really good. Mix and store in a jar or container and use about 1 1/2 tsp per coffee cup of hot water. A little goes a long way since its sf.
Hope yall are having a good evening. If any of you have kids in school, I thought this would make a cute teacher gift packaged in a mason jar with bow tied around it. Hope yall like it as much as I do!

Tina
11-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Morning all,
I hope it's a good day for everyone.

farmgirl, thank you for the tea recipe. I'll have to go buy all the ingredients.

Not much going on here today. Guess I'll get exercise by cleaning house.

Ladybug2680
11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Well my first week wasn't good. I had tons of emotional stuff going on so I have decided to start a fresh this week. My weighs in are on Thursday and I'm doing WW online. Don't really have the time to do meetings so I have to have an accountability partner. I'm determined this time. I woke up this morning and couldn't put my wedding rings on. :( Gotta get this weight off.

Tina
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Dori, congratulations for doing WW online. That's great!!!

Tina
11-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Happy Sunday!
Well, I'm really disgusted today. I have a partial blood clot in my left leg---again! 2 weeks ago, I fell on a crummy sidewalk, going down on my frontside. Both knees were scraped and bruised from it.
Evidently, that fall caused the clot to begin forming. I felt pain Thusday night. Yesterday morning, Larry took me to an Emergency Care place. They sent me to an ER for a dopler ultrasound. There is was----the clot.
Now, I'm giving myself Lovenox injections for 5 days. OUCH!
Has anyone ever given themselves shots? It's no fun and this stuff burns and hurts.
There goes my new exercise routine, for the time being at least.

Someone tell me some good/fun news! :)

auntie
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi,
Tina, you poor thing!! You take care of yourself. I've given myself allergy shots before. Now I have to go into the office for them.

Momma fell yesterday.... outside! She skinned her face and lip. She is ok just put out! Her cat had gotten out and she was trying to get it (without her walker). We told that she could not go any place without her walker!!! My sister and I just face timed (on our iphones) and momma was there. She is pretty banged up! Poor thing!

This is going to be a pretty busy week. I get evaluated sometime during the week. Hopefully it will be the first part of the week and not at the end of the week. I just want it over!

Tina
11-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Susan,
Your poor mother. She was so worried about her kitty that she was in a hurry. It sounds like something my mother would do. I'm glad she is only skinned up.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that your evaluation is soon and is wonderful, as I'm sure it will be!
Maureen, you are so quiet. What's going on?
Jeanne, what are y'all doing for Thanksgiving?
Dori, I hope your WW online is helpng you.
Penny10 how are you doing?
farmgirl, any more recipes?
Wendy, what's new with you?
Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.
I'd better get off here now as it's almost time to give myself an injection. Ouch! :)

spryng
11-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Good evening all! I weigh in on tuesday's but would love to be part of this group! I've been reading through past posts and you all are so encouraging! :)

I just joined ww today... I'm not new to it. I did the At Home program several years ago and lost 70 lbs then the lbs crept back on when I went off. I was recenly on the metabolic research center diet but it was too low carb for me and I just stopped losing to their dismay.. they wanted me to buy more pills etc but it was already costing me over 500.00 a month and I just couldn't buy more so I decided to come back to a plan I know works and doesn't charge out the wazoo for it, lol. So I went to my very first meeting today and I really enjoyed it.

Oh also, do I need to take back my food diary/log each week or is that optional? can I use a notebook as my food log or do I have to use that little one they gave me today? Just curious. Anyway, I hope I can join this thread and I can't wait to get to know each of you! :)

maureen kempster
11-16-2010, 07:31 PM
good evening all
sorry to be MIA but my computer was acting up & I ended up getting a new one-just love it it's so fast-
Spryng, welcome to the group-I use a notebook to track my food(just a small one) but this time around I know I really do have to keep track.
Tina, sorry about your fall, hope you're not too sore now.
Susan, hope your mom's doing okay
just wanted to drop in and say hello

will talk to you all later

maureen

Tina
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi friends,
Spryng, welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!! We are here for you. It sounds like you are very serious about losing. :)
No, you do not have to take back your food diary every week. However, if you are having questions or trouble, the leader might ask you to bring it so she can help you.
I use any piece of paper that I can find to journal. :lol:

Maureen, it's sooooo good to hear from you. What kind of pc did you buy? Ours is getting so slow and cranky. :(

Me--my scrapes and bruises are about gone. HOWEVER, I've got the start of another blood clot! I saw my pcp this morning. He put me back on Coumadin. (I had that blood clot last year and was on it for 6 mos.) I am not a happy person. :(:(:( I can't do a thing about it.
Now, it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get back on the treadmill.

spryng
11-17-2010, 05:42 AM
TY Tina and Maureen! yes I'm very serious about losing the weight this time. I've just let too much time pass without doing anything... I wanted to be at my goal weight by age 30 and I just waited and waited then my bday came and went, so now my new goal is to be darn close to my goal by my 31st bday which is february 11th.. I am a slow loser on any plan but I'm ok with that. That's my body teaching me a lesson from the many years of yo yo dieting and not treating it very nice, lol.
Sorry to hear about your blood clot! very scary, my mother is prone to them and gets hospitalized several times a year until they dissolve.
Well I have a 12 hour day to put in at work so I guess I better hop to it (I work out of my house for a large medical insurance company) I love to post though so on my breaks etc I'll be checking in I'm sure, lol.. have a great OP day! :)

jar1965
11-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!:coffee2:

Welcome sprying!!!:welcome2: This group is wonderful! They are my best friends!!! Can't wait to get to know you!

Tina - geez.....hope you feel better soon! Enjoying your pudding? lol!

Susan - ((hugs))....hope your mom is feeling better!

Maureen - Yay on the new computer!!!!

A big shout out to everyone else!:wave: I gotta run. Will post more tonight after my WW meeting!

Have a great day.....shake those bootys & drink that water!

Ladybug2680
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Hello girls. I'm doing okay OP. Not doing as good as I can be though. A lot of emotional stuff is happening right now and I'm trying my best not to turn to food for comfort.

To make a long story short my nephew who is 18 has gotten his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. Her parents are pressing charges and I'm very concerned. We tried talking to my nephew when he first started dating her, but he didn't want to listen. We have also tried talking to him about how hard it's going to be to take care of the baby. He says he knows but he doesn't want to be like his biological mom and dad (my mom and dad have had him since he was 8 months). On top of this Justin has been diagnosed with appendagitis and is in a lot pain. They gave him two antibiotics and Vicodin for pain, but it doesn't seem to be helping. He has an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. *sigh* Things could be worse so I'm grateful that they aren't.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will check back in later.

Tina
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Good evening!

Jeanne, how many points is the pudding, using skim milk???

Dori, I am so sorry about all the problems. Poor Justin, I hope he gets some relief very soon. Please keep us posted.

Spryng, tell us more about your job. I'd like a job I could do at home.
How's everyone else doing???????????

spryng
11-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Good morning all!

So here is my question of the day for all of you, do you all use your weekly points? when I did ww when it was flex I definitely used all of mine and lose weight just fine. But my leader this past tuesday encouraged everyone NOT to use them which I thought was odd.. I plan on using mine for sure but wanted to know how you handled yours?

Tina, I work for a large medical insurance company, I start with them over 6 years ago in their office in kansas then had to work my way up to be able to work at home, took about 1 1/2 years. Those who work at home have bigger workloads and usually more overtime because we can get so much done (on most days, lol) I went from paying medical claims and now I'm in a unit where I adjust them and work with lots of dr's and members to get their claims fixed if an examiner paid it wrong or the provider's contract wasn't updated correctly etc, so it's never boring and I enjoy working closer with our clients for sure. Actually right now I put in for a new position where I'll be even higher up and be more hands on with hospitals and clinics and members I'm just waiting for the interview process to begin so keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Dori, so sorry about the stresses in your life right now! In most states 16 is the age of consent no matter the age of the boy and charges can't be filed so I hope that is the case in your state as well. Stay strong!

Yesterday went great.. ate every one of my 22 allotted points with no problems. Got in all my water and then some. I just need to make time for exercise. I was going to walk on my lunch break but I ended up skipping it to finish a report for work so maybe today I'll get my booty on there. I know it will sure help me each week if I do. What do you all do for exercise?

Tina
11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Happy Thursday,
Spryng, your job sounds very interesting.
Maureen, you are too quiet.
Jeanne, are you cooking turkey this year?
Susan, miss you when you don't post. How's your mom.
Dori, how is Justin?
Mimi, we miss you, too/ :(
Wendy, how is work? Are you feeling fine now?
farmgirl, wollygirl, everyone------where are y'all???????

Tammy had surgery yesterday and is doing fine.

I go for another blood test this afternoon. Hopefully, my blood is thin enough for them.

farmgirl7
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey Ya'll!
Welcome Spryng! I read a few of your posts on the Metabolic Diet thread because I had never heard of that diet before and I was curious what it was all about. Girl, you have the staying power! You will reach your goal on ww I have NO DOUBT! Welcome aboard!:welcome3:

Tina-I'm so sorry about your blood clot! Take care of yourself. Don't want to take any chances!

jar1965 - how did your meeting go?

auntie-wishing you a good evaluation! Hows your mama?

Ladybug-hang in there. Maybe her parents are mad and will drop the charges eventually. How is pressing charges against the father gonna help the situation? It's not. I'm praying for ya!

Maureen-I'm soo jealous! A new computer is awesome!!

Well, I have not lost, but have just been so busy I haven't been really keeping up with my points. I'm curious to see what the new plan will be.
I work with a non profit that takes in rescue horses. We just had a BAD starvation case where we rescued 3 starving horses from a man who wasn't feeding them. One of them is about 200lbs underweight. They would not have survived the winter. It just makes me so mad I could spit!!!:bomb::censored:How do you starve an animal like that!!!
Anyway, thats my gripe for the day. Hope all of you have a great day.

spryng
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM
ty farmgirl!!! yeah I gave that diet more than 100% and it just didn't like me I think, LOL so I plan on giving ww the same 100%, I may lose slow but at least I'm losing slow eating foods I actually enjoy, so that makes the journey worth it :) With mrc I was hoping to be at goal by feb but now I'd be thrilled to be there by april, just in time for spring clothes! :) I think your job is amazing! I have watched those animal cops on tv and it's so sad what people do to their pets etc.. it's people like you that make a difference and it must be a heartwrenching job as well so keep up the great work!!! What happens to the owners of those horses? I wish they all had to serve jail time!

Tina I hope your blood test works out to your benefit! Let us know :)

farmgirl7
11-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Spryng, I WISH it was my job! I actually WORK for another non profit, the Literacy Council. We teach people to read. I do that Mon - Thurs. The rescue farm is my PASSION!!! Wish I could get paid for helping those starving animals. Right now the farm is about 40 min away, so I don't get to be there as often as I like, but we are moving soon and that will put me a little closer. I am definately happiest when I am out there. It is therapy for me.

farmgirl7
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh the owners of the horses will hopefully face criminal charges. The organization had to go to court to get the animals. We had pics and everything....it was bad.

auntie
11-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi All,

It's been a tough week. My evaluation was Monday morning and was fine. My kids were great!

Tuesday, I found out a guy I worked with at another school, his 1 1/2 year old daughter died. That hit close tlo home! Then a long term sub died. She as always at school. Both funerals were today. I just couldn't do either of them

I've had physical therapy twice this week at 7 am and then on to school.

I'm really missing Daddy! My dad died in March. I know next week I have to be "on" so I guess I'm using all my emotions this week

Needless to say, my food hasn't been great! This afternoon was comfort stuff. I got a strawberry shake and for dinner I had grits. So I'll get back on track in the morning.

Momma is doing better! Just a little skinned up! She is excited about me coming and has asked me every day when I am coming! I think I told you Pat is staying here!

Dori, I say an extra prayer for your nephew. My nephew got a girl pregnant when he was 17 and she was 18. My nephew raise my great niece. He has turned out to be a good dad!

Farmgirl, I live on 11 acres. Had horses but one died at 38 yes old and the other was 20. He had foot issues! I can't wait to get new ones! It makes me angry when I hear of abuse!

Tina , take care of that leg! Let us know about your blood work!

Well I better get to sleep! I've slept most of the evening and still am exhausted. I bowl tomorrow so it might be Saturday before I post. If not I'll do from my phone again!

jar1965
11-19-2010, 07:02 AM
:hug: Oh Susan!!!! Love you girl! :hug:

jar1965
11-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone! Just a quick fly by to let cha' all know I'm thinking about you!

Soooooo busy. The Pittsburgh store will be closed Weds. :(

I am going to help my owner with schedules and things for the last few weeks of business in the kiosk at the mall.

Went to WW meeting Weds........it was all about STRESS!!! How ironic! I did have a gain!:(:(

Gotta run.
NOTE TO SELF - I WILL STAY FOCUSED ON ME TODAY!!! Wooosh.....there! I said it!

Have a great day everyone! LOVE seeing all the new people! Welcome again everyone!

spryng
11-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Good morning all! :)

Been working since 4am so I thought I'd take a break and post :)

Jeanne - I love your note to yourself! to stay focused on you today, boy how hard is that to do? I forget daily too so it's a nice thought! :)

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about all the losses you've been through this year! What a tough time for you. I can definitely understand the comfort foods so don't feel bad about it at all. The nice thing about weight watchers is that it's patient, it will still be here waiting for you when you are ready to jump back on so take it day by day and hang in there!

farmgirl- where are you at in arkansas? I live over here in sulphur springs, it's near bentonville, rogers etc.. we moved here two years ago and I'm IN LOVE with the area.

Well my day yesterday went fantastic. Ate everyone of my allotted pts.. I'm saving all my weekly points for beer and pizza saturday, lol.. Little Ceasar's has been calling my name, lol.. but I have it all planned out and it won't use all 35 but it's nice to know they are there for sure.

oh hey I have a question for you meeting go-ers.. when the new plan releases in a couple weeks and we can buy the new calculators, do you think they will let me buy two? I'd like one for my purse and one for the house but I wasn't sure if I could get more than one or not, anyone know?? I was wondering if I'd get the first one at 10 bucks and they'd charge me more for the 2nd but then I'm not sure about that either.. any clue? thanks!

Tina
11-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Good morning,
Spryng, I don't see why they would charge you for a second one. But, it probably depends on your location and state.

Susan, :hug: I know how you feel as we went through this last year. I'm sooooo glad you got a good review.

Maureen,is your new computer working?

Jeanne, what's on tap for the day. Thanks for the pt. info.

Are we all going go the grocery stores this weekend? :lol:

:

auntie
11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi,

Well I bowled last night and found out the league goes until the end of May! It is funny and I am making improvements so I'm happy. I got my hair colored today. Pat cleaned the house and did all the wash! Lucky me!!!

Thanks for all the support! I am excited about seeing Momma, plus we will have fun just being together.

Spryng, I think you can get two also.

Tina, how are you doing? You take care of yourself or I'll have to come down!

Jeanne, big hugs to you! :hug: I know the next couple of weeks are going to be hard for you!

I plan on going to a meeting when the plan changes. I might go for a while and then do on line.

I'm going to get a GOOD night's sleep ( so I'll probably be awake at 5)

Have a great evening! Y'all are the best!

auntie
11-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Oh I'm changing my tracker to start again at a smaller goal! Then I'll do a happy face for each 5 or 10 pounds.

spryng
11-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Good evening all!

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend :) Tonight I was really craving something sweet so we have breakfast for dinner and made french toast, yum! hit the spot :) Yesterday we went out to chinese for lunch so I used up my weekly pts etc, so glad we have them.. makes it so much easier to stay on plan and still have my faves.

Susan, sounds like your weekend is going well! Hair done and house cleaned, what more can we ask for? lol sounds great!

Tina, yep we braved the grocery store yesterday as well but we didn't get anything for thanksgiving, I'll probably do that tues to weds.. my parents are coming here for dinner this year and my mom will do most of the cooking so I just gotta get the turkey and a bag of potatoes, so easy this year, lol.

Well I just wanted to check in, hope everything is having a great weekend!

auntie
11-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I slept til 8 this morning! And I'm ready for bed again!

Spryng, how funny, we had French toast for dinner too! We renamed it after my son Seamus, because when I was pregnant that's all I wanted. Plus we honor his memory that way. We have it on his birthday and on the day he passed away.

I exercised tonight! Yea for me!!!!

How was everyone's day?

maureen kempster
11-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Good morning all

Just popping in to say hello-I'm still trying to learn Windows 7 that's the operating system that I have on my new computer. I just love my comp it's so fast.

Still sticking with it and still writing everything down. I do have to get back on the treadmill though.

Hope everyone is feeling great. I'm fighting off a cold but other than that all's good.

take care and have a great monday

maureen

Tina
11-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Good morning all,

Everyone have a great day!!!! It's nice and sunny here. The cold front should be here middle of the day on Thanksgiving.

spryng
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Morning all!

Tina, it's warm here today too, strange for november but per the forecast it's barely gonna hit 40 on thanksgiving so this will probably be our last nice day until spring!

maureen, I hope that cold is gone soon!

Susan, that is too funny about the french toast for dinner but your reasoning is very touching :) and good job on the exericse! I keep meaning to start walking but haven't included it yet.. I'm just so tired from 11-12 hour work days that I don't make the time, but I will! :)

Well I've been working since 3:30 this morning, trying to get all my time in today so I have time to work on my house etc before my parents show up. I'm not sure if they are coming today or tomorrow, they keep changing their minds. And it sucks to have to work at home while they are here, it's very distracting but I love their visits so I'll just be getting on early so I can get off early, lol Tomorrow is wi day and I hope I show I loss! Even though I stuck to my points faithfully this week I did use them ALL and I think I'm retaining some water from chinese on saturday, so today I'm increasing my water and just gonna eat clean and see how that works for tomorrow.
Well I hope everyone is doing good! I know this is gonna be a tough week for us all so hang in there! :)

jar1965
11-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone~

Busy busy weekend! Worked on Saturday, decoated the house and put up the tree....(yes....put up the tree)...till 3:30 in the morning. Had Thanksgiving at our house on Sunday. It was beautiful and nice to have the kids home at the same time!
Today it was in the 60's and Bob & I are both off so we decorated the outside of the house. Usually don't do that until after Thanksgiving, but since it was so nice out and we had T-giving on Sunday.....we took advantage of the day.
This evening we are going to see Unstoppable. It was filmed near where we live and near where Tammy lives.

I made the Sweet Potatoes from WW E-Tools ..........oh sooooooooo good! I stayed OP too! Well, I used 3 of my weekly points. But not too shabby!

I work Tuesday & Weds. in the Pittsburgh store and that is the last day for business there.

I work in our mall store on Black Friday & that Saturday and then I'm going part time until Dec. 26th when we close the mall store for good. :(

Hope everyone is staying healthy & happy! And ........ getting ready for your Thanksgivings!

:hug:

jar1965
11-23-2010, 06:44 AM
:coffee2:Good Tuesday morning! Everyone have a great day and stay OP!

farmgirl7
11-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Good Morning! I have been having computer problems so I havent been able to post!! Hope I get if fixed soon!
Spryng, I live in the Hot Springs area. It's a really good location. I grew up on Lake DeGray and our land is about 5 min. away from that. I hope I never have to move again! I'm curious about your weigh in so post asap after!
I'm curious about how all of you are handling ww for the holidays. Are you just trying to fit it into your points? Just curious. If anyone has any good supper ideas, I would love it. I'm kind of burned out on what to cook.
I'm sorry if I missed someone. At work and trying to sneak a post in! LOL Have a great day!

Ladybug2680
11-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone. Justin ended up having to have surgery on Friday. It was supposed to be a diagnostic laprospoic, but it ended up being a small bowel release. He was released from the hospital the today and is at house recovering. I haven't been OP due to being at the hospital with him, but plan on getting back on now that we're back home. Hope everyone is doing well.

spryng
11-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Afternoon all! ok my first wi on ww.. down 3.2 lbs! that was eating all my daily pts and ALL 35 weekly pts (on chinese and wine, lol) I'm in LOVE! LOL!!

farmgirl- hot springs is beautiful! I wouldn't want to move either, lol.. I love the area I'm in too, all hills and rivers and woods, so pretty! For this thanksgiving I'm not planning on counting on the actual day, I'll just consider my 35 pts gone and not track that day. I'm just gonna eat and enjoy and move on.

Well my parents are in already so I'm gonna get off here, I'll try to post the next few days but no promises, I know I'll be swamped with cooking and visiting :)

jar1965
11-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Morning everyone!:coffee2: Happy Thanksgiving Eve!:happ3:

Keep Susans mom in your prayers. Her hip popped out yesterday and Susan was heading there yesterday! I'm sure she'll post and let us know how she is.

Today is the official last day of business for the Pittsburgh store. I packed and packed and packed yesterday!

Dori - I hope Justin is feeling better! :getwell:

farmgirl - We had our Thanksgiving on Sunday. I made the sweet potatoes & stuffing recipe on my WW etools. I also made the pumpkin "roll" type muffins that I got a recipe for from a WW meeting. I had a very successful dinner! Oh.....and I SENT ALL LEFTOVERS HOME WITH THE KIDS!!!

sprying - woooohooooo.......you rock girl!!! That is an awesome loss!:dance::dance: Good Luck tomorrow and let that be motivation & inspiration to stay OP!

Maureen - Hope your catching onto Windows 7!

Marion & Tammy - Hi ladies! Miss you!:hug:

Tina - Whatcha' cooking tomorrow?

Susan - Continued thoughts & prayers headed your way! Enjoy your time with your mom and I hope she is feeling better!

Heres some dust to help with your willpower this week! Have a great one!

Tina
11-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Good morning all....:)

Just time to say hello. I will post later when the turkey is in the oven. ;)

Susan's mother----They popped her hip back into place. OUCH! She should be going home today! I know Susan will tell us all about it when she's not so busy.

Have a great day and I'll see ya later!

farmgirl7
11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey Everyone!

Way to go Spryng!!! I'm so proud for you! I guess your body responds better to this way of eating. You also won't feel so deprived b/c everything is "legal". Yes, Hot Springs is a very pretty place. There are several surrounding towns that allow you to have the benifit of living there but not in that town.
Susan-your poor mom! I hope she gets to feeling better!
Tina-you cooking for a lot of people? My mom and MIL is still alive and fairly young so they still do most of the cooking. I just have to bring a dish or two.
Hope ya'll have a great day!

auntie
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi,
Well, I got to the hospital at 6:30 am and mom was in the process of being discharged. She has a brace on her leg and has to take it easy. She is to go to her dr and to her hip doctor. Got one appointment made and working on the hip dr appt. I'm afraid she will have to have a new replacement! However, we will worry about that once we know for sure! She is a little out of it but that's due to the drugs! Glad I got there so early this morning.

I stayed home last night by myself and it was strange! No Momma and Daddy!

Off to fix dinner! Thanks for the prayers and pray she does ok!

Tina
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
farmgirl, my mother passed away last year. My sister and I cook the meal for about 13 of us.
I cook a small turkey for me, my husband and our son. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

auntie
11-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Hugs Tina!!! Yea on the loss!!!

maureen kempster
11-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello everyone

Susan glad your Mom's okay, prayers coming down to you.
Hope all you have a great Thanksgiving - enjoy- I think we all have a lot to be grateful for every day.

take care
maureen

Tina
11-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Amen, Maureen :hug:

Susan, I'm so glad your mother is home. Take care of her and you!

farmgirl7
11-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Tina-I'm sure you are missing your mom very much. Sending hugs your way!:hug: I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!
Maureen-Yes! We have so much to be thankful for! Me and my dh had some trouble last year and spent the holidays apart. We have worked things out and I am so thankful that we are together and a family for me, him, and our boys. (We have been married 14 years) I used to be ashamed that we had a few issues to deal with, but now I know if you've been married very long, you will! It's part of being married. Working things out takes effort on BOTH sides! Anyway, that is what I am most thankful for this year!
Susan-glad your mom is ok. Sending a hug your way too!:hug:

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving Day!!:carrot:

auntie
11-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Hi again,

Mom is tucked in bed. I gave her orders NOT to try to get up without me ! I got a bell so she can ring it. She promised she would! We had a little scare early today. Since she is still a littler groggy, we were both dozing. I was about 2 feet away from her and all of a sudden I hear a thud! I yell for her and go running. She got up and tried to go to the bathroom a lost her balance and fell. I'm not sure who was more scared! So I am pretty sure she will call for me! I was laying on the bed with her before I came to bed talking. We have always had great talks late at night. She said if I have to have surgery I am going to be ok. I just want to get better! Yea Momma,,,:hug:

Farmgirl, :hug: thanks! I've been ,arrayed 25 years. We still haven't celebrated because my Daddy died 2 days later and I was with him. We have had our rocky times too! They don't tell you that when you are young. But in all, I wouldn't trade him ( on most days :)

Tina, :hug:;) what would I do with you? I'll be thinking about you.

Jeanne, honey you brighten my days!!!

Tammy, you are a joy! Between you and Tina, I'm not sure how I would have survived some of my life events! Between the 3 of us........ It has happened!

Maureen, I admire your courage and spunk!

To all of my family of here.... I am thankful for each of YOU! You mean the world to me!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Happy Thanksgiving!

maureen kempster
11-25-2010, 05:28 AM
A very Happy Thanksgiving

Ladybug2680
11-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day with family, friends, and other loved ones.

Tina
11-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble, :turkey:
Hi all, I hope none of us feel stuffed like a bird. :lol: :lol:
How are y'll doing today?
I did pretty good. I stayed away from the desserts and rolls. I had lots of turkey, cranberry sauce, and good servings of dressing and my sweet potato casserole.
Today, I did not count points!

Susan, I'm sure your mom gave you a scare.
(You are a great friend.....couldn't do without your support.)
Maureen, thank you for the greetings. I hope you have had a good week.
Dori, how is Justin doing? I'm so sorry he's had such problems.
farmgirl, you are so sweet.
spryng, how was your day? I'll bet it was busy with all the relatives there.
Jeanne, you are so smart, sending the leftovers home with others!
Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.

I must say that I am very very full. There's nothing like sitting on the sofa and reading the newspaper. :lol:
If anyone ventures out to a store at 4 a.m., please be careful.

farmgirl7
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I had two Thanksgiving meals today...if someone poked me with a pin I would pop! I am soooo counting points tomorrow! Hope all of you had a good day!

jar1965
11-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!!! It's 3:15a.m. and I'm headed out the door to work! Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I'll be ready for bed, ummm.....at about 9:00 A.M. haha!
Have a great day!

auntie
11-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Hi all,

Hope everyday had a nice Thanksgiving! Ours was good.

Today, we went and got a small tree for momma and put up a few decorations! The boys put up lights while we made cookies. It sure smelled good. Not as good as momma's but they were good! The head cookie maker and eater was watching down from Heaven enjoying it all.

No news on momma yet! We are a little frustrated with the dr. But I can promise you.....if Amy doesn't get an appointment on Monday, I WILL!

I've cried all day on and off! It's hard knowing I'm leaving tomorrow when I know she needs me too. But I will be back in a few weeks if not sooner!

Tina, you area great friend too! Wow! Enough said!! :)

Jeanne, you poor thing! Hugs!!!!

I'm getting back on track when I get back to a normal routine.

auntie
11-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Hi all,

Hope everyday had a nice Thanksgiving! Ours was good.

Today, we went and got a small tree for momma and put up a few decorations! The boys put up lights while we made cookies. It sure smelled good. Not as good as momma's but they were good! The head cookie maker and eater was watching down from Heaven enjoying it all.

No news on momma yet! We are a little frustrated with the dr. But I can promise you.....if Amy doesn't get an appointment on Monday, I WILL!

I've cried all day on and off! It's hard knowing I'm leaving tomorrow when I know she needs me too. But I will be back in a few weeks if not sooner!

Tina, you area great friend too! Wow! Enough said!! :)

Jeanne, you poor thing! Hugs!!!!

I'm getting back on track when I get back to a normal routine.

spryng
11-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Morning all! Sorry I've been mia, family in and I've been busy :) Just checking in real quick to let you all know I'm still kicking over here, lol.. ate way too much on t-day.. will be glad when this weekend is over and eating is back to normal. Do any of you go to sunday meetings? curious which of us will be starting the pointsplus plan tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about it! I don't go in until tuesday :)

Tina
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi all,
Spryng, I don't go on Sundays. The first morning meeting at my location will be Wednesday. I will go then. I'm also soooo anxious to hear all about the new program.

I really need to journal again. I didn't eat too much, it was just all these different things. The only dessert i had was an itsy bitsy piece of pumpkin pie. :)

Everyone have a good weekend.

jar1965
11-28-2010, 08:07 AM
:carrot:Good Sunday morning everyone!!!!!:carrot: I'm headed out to the Sunday meeting this morning! Soooooo excited! Can't wait to hear all about the new program!:carrot:

sprying - we'll have to compare notes later!!!!

Talk soon!

auntie
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM
You'll have to fill us in on the details. :)

farmgirl7
11-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, please do!

jar1965
11-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok girls....here's what I got out of it so far......(so stinkin' excited)....It's called the PointsPlus. The program has added carbs to the planning of all foods. So, investing in a new points calculator is a plus. The old sliders no longer are being used. Daily allowances have changed based on things like age & activity & health. So mine actually increased by 2pts. Weekly ALLOWANCE POINTS increased for EVERYONE to 49!!!!:carrot: There is so much information provided that it will take everyone time and patience, but I think, it's going to be a great program. I mean.....WW has never led us in the wrong direction before!
ALL fruits are 0 pts now. That includes bananas!
For us etools users, the plan starts tomorrow.

And..........I'm so proud and excited to annouce.....I lost 8.2# at weigh in today! It's been 12 days instead of 7, but.......ahhhhhhhhhh:cp::cp::cp:

They topped our meeting off with a big fruit bar and cute little champagne glasses with sierra mist in them for a toast!

farmgirl7
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
So now are we calculating fiber, fat, calories and carbs? I checked out the ww site and I guess they r not releasing anything till tomorrow.

farmgirl7
11-28-2010, 03:07 PM
By the way jeanne, CONGRATS on the weight loss! AWESOME!!!

maureen kempster
11-28-2010, 03:14 PM
way to go Jeanne-that weight loss is fantastic

maureen

Tina
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Jeanne, thanks for the information.

auntie
11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Here is my plan: I went swimming today. I'm going to stay at my gym even though it cost a little more. I really like it. I'm going to go to a couple of classes, one is cycling in water. I plan on going at least 3 times a week, then exercise here too.

2. I'm going back to meetings. Either tomorrow afternoon or sneak out Tuesday at lunch!

3. Journal

4. Drink my water!

5. No excuses anymore!!!

6. Period!!!!

If I don't, please feel free to kick my butt!!!
I have a plan!!!! No I'm going forward with it!I'm having to be a little forceful with myself! :) I hope I don't scare myself!

maureen kempster
11-29-2010, 05:29 AM
You'll do it Susan.

maureen

spryng
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Morning all!!

Susan I love your plan!! someone needs to come kick my butt, lol.. 5 days of off plan eating! yikes! and I have my wi tomorrow.. I had planned to be back op yesterday but my parents were still here and dad made a huge lunch and you know how sometimes you feel obligated to eat so not to hurt their feelings?? well that's how it started and then it was just so good I couldn't stop, lol.. but they are gone now and life can get back to normal!!! So I'm sure I'll have a gain this week but I'll take it and move on. What's one week in the scheme of an entire life huh? next week I plan on having a great loss and no more relapses, lol.

jeanne, that is an amazing loss!!! and thanks for the meeting info. I've been a fly on the wall on the UK and australia boards for a LONG time so I'm pretty comfortable with the new plan even though I am not on it yet, lol.. I've even had the pts calculator downloaded to my phone for weeks now.

Well back at work today.. after being off work 5 days I sure didn't want to get up early, lol.. tons of overtime this week so I'll be worn out. Guess I better get back to it, lol.. have a great OP day all! :)

Tina
11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Happy Monday all,

Susan, I've never heard of cycling in water. How does that work? I can just see everyone taking their bikes into the pool. :lol:
Congrats on having such a great plan. You can do it!!!

Jeanne, how are you feeling today?

Maureen, how's your weather? Have you put on your roller blades lately? :o

Spryng, I understand about eating something great and just eating more and more. :dizzy: You can do this!

Dori, how do you like the new WW program?
I can't wait for Wednesday. I'm just can't wait until Thursday to go.

farmgirl, they redid the WW site and it's online today.

Tammy and Mimi, we miss y'all.
If I missed someone, please forgive me.

Hey, I got great news today. My blood is thin!!!! :lol: Isn't that a funny thing to say! I've been so good with my eating. I have to eat very little green leafy veggies while I'm on this Coumadin. It's okay, I can do it for awhile.

auntie
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi,
Well, I was awake at 4:30 this morning worrying about Momma! Then just dozed on and off!

I didn't exercise today because I was so tired plus I've had a headache all day. However, I did GO to a meeting. There is one at 4:00. If I get my kids on the bus I can hurry to the meeting and be a few minutes late. My assistant said she would get them on the bus. So I think I'll go to that meeting.

Today is going to be day 1! I can't believe how much the program has changed. I told my big sister about it and she might go.

Spryng, don't beat yourself up. How did you follow the program on a UK board?

Tina, yea for thin blood!

Well, off to read all the new literature.

farmgirl7
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone!
I have started back today also. Since I don't have the info for the new plan, I am just doing the old one. Have any of you tried the Wendie plan? I did a long time ago and it worked. I think I need a set schedule of how many points I can have per day with having a high day too. I know it is basic ww but for some reason I like it this way. So I walked 2 mi last night, but couldnt tonight b/c Andrew (my son) had a bb game. We just got home. I will walk tomorrow. Working up to 4 miles a day. That is what I walked when I was 125. So my goal for Dec is to lose 8 lbs. I weighed in at 154 (gained some weight from TG.) So I'm jumping on board for some serious action!
My goal is to be 130 by April 1. I feel like that is very reasonable. Maybe I will switch plans after I know how everything works. But, I know its calories in and calories burned so I guess its all kind of the same. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Tina
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
farmgirl, It sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck!
No, I never did the Wendie plan. I can't wait for Wed. to get my material.

auntie
11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Farmgirl, I agree with Tina, sounds very reasonable. We can do this!!!!!

Tina, can't wait for you to get your stuff.

spryng
11-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Good morning all!

Susan, I just went to the official ww boards for the uk, if you put in google weight watchers UK or australia, new zealand etc it will give you a link for that country and then just go to community and message boards like normal and let me tell you, I like those boards so much better! I don't know how much any of you go to the official ww site but so many people on the boards there are sarcastic! You see people asking genuine questions etc and they like to be sarcastic and never really answer them or just make jokes, it's kinda annoying, but that is just me, lol.. I rarely post there. So was your meeting long?

Farmgirl, I love your plan of action! I too would love to lose 8 lbs in december, I think I'll have that goal right along with ya! and yes I remember the wendie plan! It worked for lots of people :) I would love to be 130 by april, I was hoping to be at 130 by my bday in feb but I don't think that is doable anymore but we'll see as we move along. Course I'm expecting a gain today at my meeting but I know it will be gone in no time so I'm not worrying about it.

Well I'm up working at 3am today, it's my flex day (meaning I just work 4 hours and 9 hours each day the rest of the week) so getting off at 9am maked it feel like I had the day off which is awesome, lol.. but I got on extra early today to get some over time in.. got 15 hours to log in this week so I'll be super busy, even saturday. So I'm gonna enjoy my day today. My meeting is at 10am this morning and I'm soooo excited! like a kid on xmas morning, lol.. I even dreamed about it! ok it was kinda a nightmare, I got there and they ran out of kits and calculators etc and I just had to listen but got nothing to bring home, lol.. I'm crazy! LOL!! I still don't know if they will have the books in, I'm hoping they do because I really that dining out guide etc, it's a lifesaver for me on the weekends. I normally use dwlz.com to find pts info for all my fave restaurants but she hasn't been converting her pts yet and I have no idea if she will. I meant to email and find out but forgot. Do any of you use that site or know?

Well I guess I better get to working.. I will fill you in on my meeting later today, have a good one! :)

Ladybug2680
11-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Hello ladies. Justin is recovering nicely, but is having a hard time just taking it easy. He doesn't seem to understand that he needs to give the inside time to heal properly.

I really haven't had a chance to really look at the new plan all that much. I was planning on restarting all over again because I fell off the wagon again this weekend, but I said no I'm just going to pick myself up and keep going. If I show a gain this week, I'll lose it next week.

Well I don't mean to chat and run, but I have to start getting ready for work. Chat at you all later.

jar1965
11-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Good Mornng all you early birds!!!!

Susan - I thought I was going to pee my pants when Tina visualized bikes in the pool!!!!!!! Love you Tina!!!;)
Good job having a plan! Hope you had as good of a meeting as I did! So excited!

Tina - Yes, YAYYYYY for thin blood!:broc:

farmgirl - You can do this! You rock!;)

Dori - hi girl!!! So glad you stopped in! Tell Justin I hope he feels better soon!

sprying - I have checked out the ww boards for aussie before, but didn't think to this time!:dizzy: Have fun at the meeting today!

Well I am off today.....I actually only work thurs, fri & sat., this week! Yay! We were suppose to be having Thanksgiving at our house tonight with Bobs parents, brother & grandma. Got my turkey out 3 day ago, went and bought $115 in groceries last night, made those pumpkin roll cupcake thingies & set the table. WELL..........they called last night after all ths & cancelled due to illness! All I can say is ....... THEY BETTER BE SICK! haha!

Well have a great day everyone~! Good luck & stay focused!

spryng
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Afternoon all!

just got back from my meeting.. did you know some meetings are franchised?? well that was new info for me, lol.. apparently mine is which is why my new calculator was 10 bucks and it's 5.95 everywhere else! My meeting also doesn't sell the kits and said they probably won't.. oh well.. my gripe is over, just thought it was interesting, lol.. the food guide and dining out companion wasn't in today so hopefully I'll be able to buy them next week. But I got my starter books and bought the calc so I'm on my way! my new daily pts is 29 with of course 49 weekly pts. Since I skipped breakfast to wi we had mcd's for lunch and I had a medium fry and burger for 18 pts total so I'm right on track for today :) I plan on having my free fruit sometime today, probably a banana, lol. I was up 1.8 lbs which I expected, it will be off in a couple days for sure.

Anyway, I'm off here to read my new material and relax, have a great day all! :)

Tina
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Spryng, I'm sorry about the books not being in AND you having to pay more for the calculator. Yuck! So there. :)
Please tell me---how many more daily points do you get with this new program? I've been at 21. Is there a new way to figure the points?

spryng
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
They won't tell us how they calculate it tina (big secret, lol) but your new calc will determine it, I bet you will be 29 as well, she said most people are on the 29 daily pts target. I was 22 before today and since you are 21 I bet you'll be 29 as well :) And thanks for the book/calc sympathy, LOL! it's was my mini rant because I'm actually just WAYYYYYYY too excited about this plan to be upset about anything, lol.

farmgirl7
11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey Ya'll
Spryng- how many points would your mcdonalds meal have been on your old plan?

spryng
11-30-2010, 05:07 PM
actually looks like its only a pt more on the new plan.. so it was 8 for the burger (used to be 7) and 10 for the fries, used to be 9 so really not too bad :) we just had quesadillas for dinner and I still have a couple pts left.. no idea what I'll use them on, but I did enjoy a banana today too guilt free, yum! :)

farmgirl7
11-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Do you feel like you are getting to eat more food?

Tina
11-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Wow, now I don't have to try to buy little bananas. :lol: I would try so they'd only cost me 1 pt. Now I'll have a free banana for breakfast. Yipee!

maureen kempster
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow, I'm getting excited about the new program now too-I'll go Saturday morning & hopefully it's started here in Canada too-I'll let you know.

All you ladies are doing so well on the losses.

I'll be here later

maureen

farmgirl7
11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Tina-I hear ya on the bananas! I just bought some tonight cause my boss was eating a peanut butter banana sandwich at work and I just started craving that! So, I think that will be my breakfast in the morning. I always tried to buy the little ones too! :)

I'm looking forward to all the new info on the new plan. I'm getting excited and may switch over soon. Have a good night!

Tina
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi,
farmgirl, LOL to our looking for small bananas!

Maureen, I did some Googling and found a place that says the new program comes to Canada next week. :hug:

spryng
12-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Morning all! :)

Farmgirl, yeah it did feel like I got more food. I mean normally on 22 pts I wouldn't be able to fit in a burger and fries for lunch (even by skipping breakfast to do it) because it would only leave me 6 pts for dinner and I try to have larger dinners. But even after that high pt lunch I had 12 pts left which made for a wonderful 10 pt dinner and left 2 pts which I never did eat because I just wasn't hungry.. so we'll see today how my normal foods fit into the plan since I won't be eating out again. :)

jar1965
12-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Morning!

Tina - The lowest possible points on the new system are 29. They said that they have a formula using 4 things, age, weight, height and I don't remember the 4th thing. Sorry.

sprying - glad you are so excited. Me too! Thats a bummer about the kits and having to pay more for your points calculator! Urgh! I've never heard of that!

lol......love the comment about small bananas because I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!:D

farmgirl - I love banana - peanut butter sandwiches. I usually did mine on the ww bagel or flat bagel because they were such low points. Making one for breakfast on a whole grain english muffin. With all this talk, I want one now! Thanks! lol;)

Cold week ahead of us with light snow. Doesn't look like any accumulation tho! Thank goodness. I dug my winter coats & jackets & stuff out yesterday. NOTHING fits! I'm happy about that but now I HAVE to buy a new coat. And last years was new! Thinking about taking them to a local consignment shop.

Well everyone have a great day!

jar1965
12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi girls!!!!

Just made the best breakfast sandwich ever!!! hahah!

english muffin.......3 Pts
egg beaters.........1 Pts
Borden 2% american cheese...1 slice......1 Pts
salsa..................0 Pts
= 5 POINTS
and it was soooooo yummy!

Thought I'd share!;)

Ladybug2680
12-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm loving that bananas are free. Yippie. I'm afraid tomorrow will show a gain, but I have to remind myself that it will be okay and I can lose those pounds plus more.

I'm currently at work and we're in the middle of a lock down. Which isn't too bad because it gives me time to get things in order for this afternoon. I'm still struggling with trying to teach 6/8th Social Studies and Science together at the same time. Both classes are way behind and my last observation wasn't all that great. It would be different if I had a parapro, but I only have one for 15 mins and another one for 30 mins. It's a bit frustrating. I supposed that's enough about work.

Justin went to the doctor on Monday and they told him he couldn't come back to work this week. He follows up on next Monday to find out if they will allow him to come back next week. We'll see what happens.

Well I should get going for now. Hope everyone has a great day. Remember to drink your water and get those booties moving :dance:.

farmgirl7
12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Ok I have a question. If the lowest points we can have is 29, (I'm assuming I will fall into that) how would I lose from 150 to 125 without a change? I am 5'4, 32 yrs old, about 150, moderate exercise. Wouldnt that be 29 pts?

spryng
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
farmgirl, that is a hot question for us all right now! I think many are gonna ask about it at their next meeting, I know I will. I know as far as so many people having 29 pts my leader said it was because ww found scientifically our bodies aren't much different at processing calories etc at higher weights, so I think unless you are over 200 lbs or have special needs (or are a man, nursing etc) you will be on 29 pts.. now as far as continuing to lose on 29 pts for the duration I have no idea what the science is behind that.. we may just have to step up the exercise as we go along, or less free fruit or zero pts items?? really no idea. I guess we'll need to worry about it if we stall or something.

Dori, what do you do for a living? a lockdown? are you a teacher? I couldn't tell from your post :)

jeanne, your breakfast sounds wonderful! mine was tasty too, low carb tortilla, one egg, slice of cheese crumbled and 3 slices of deli roast beef, I scrambled the egg with the roast beef and cheese and made a breakfast burrito and it was delish!! I'll probably have that tomorrow too, lol.. 8 pts for mine.

maureen kempster
12-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi all

here's another breakfast suggestion-I pretty much have this every morning

.75 C of mixed frozen fruit(peaches, grapes,pineapple, melon and strawberries)
.5 C of low fat no sugar added flavoured yogurt(35 cal)
1/3 C of bran buds

I count this as 3 ponts and I'm full when done

I'm only allowed 18 ponts a day so I really try and watch the points(on the old program)

have a great day

maureen

jar1965
12-01-2010, 12:25 PM
farmgirl - I think it is going to have something to do with the new formula - adding the carbs and protien. spryng - correct me if I'm wrong here......;)

spryng & maureeen - your breakfasts' sound great! That is actually my favorite meal of the day!:dizzy:

farmgirl7
12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Ya'll are probably right. Calculating the protien, carbs, and everything else, it might allow for higher calories. I will be curious to find out. It seems like a good mix b/c it encourages us to eat healthy but if you are dying for a candy bar or something it is still "legal". I am still op on the old plan but may switch after I learn everything. I want to lose weight but I also want to eat healthy.
Me and my coworker have been decorating the office today for Christmas. It has put me in the holiday spirit! I love this time of year. Hope all of you are having a good day!

spryng
12-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Jeanne, you are right, that sounds like a good explanation. Maybe someday we'll learn all the science behind this plan, we are all still babies right now :)

hey I don't know who starts the new monthly threads on here but can I make a suggestion? since there are alot of people who go to meetings or wi on days other than thursdays can we just name it the Chatters or something? lol.. that way more people will join, I was talking to a couple people today that said oh I saw that board but I don't wi on thursdays and I tried telling them most don't on here, lol.. anyway, no biggie, just thought I'd throw it out there :)

auntie
12-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Day 2 and I have stuck to my goals!!! Funny thing, I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich today. I can't believe all the points!!!

I went to my water class. Well, I was disappointed no bikes. It's a hard core training class. It was great and everything hurts!!! I'm going back Saturday!

I'll have to check out the other sites too. I agree to the ww boards being a bunch of negative comments!

Hugs, got to get to bed! I think I'm not going to becable to move in the morning :)

spryng
12-02-2010, 05:17 AM
come on over to the december thread! :) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/218631-december-chatters-thursday-another-day.html