Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Healthy through the Holidays~Thanksgiving

jcatron243
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
It is so hard to lose during the Holidays. This challenge is to help us support each other during those tough times. This challenge will be broken down into three segments: 1. Thanksgiving 2. Christmas 3. New year.

Welcome to the first part of this challenge!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back

jcatron243
11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
:wave:

I'm Jeni. I have been doing WEED for 4 years now. I have had my ups and downs. Right now I am up, so I am avoiding the scale, but I am back to working out consistently so I am happy about that. This challenge for me I hope to lose 4 pounds. Its tough for me to lose especially at the weight I am at. So I am going to get it together and cut my calories!

I've got 2 kiddos and a DH. I work weird shifts and I have put on at least 15 pounds since June. Today I am going to get my stuff back to gether and get back down to where I want to be. I have my challenges, but I will pull myself back together.

W~I always drink 64-100 oz of water depending on my schedule.

E~I like to fancy myself a runner. Its my main cardio workout. Although I do LOVE the AMT at the gym. My normal workout routine is 35 cardio 10 row 15 weights 15 cardio. I injured my shoulder in August (which has added to my weight gain) so I haven't been running much.
E~I have had real trouble getting back to calorie counting. My life is so busy with swim lessons, and swim team that I am finding it really difficult to get my dinners back in control. I have been sacrificing healthy for quick.
D~My normal daily goals are housework related. Ive been having a terrible time keeping up with my daily chores, workouts, work and everything else.

zoochick777
11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone! I'm Kasey and I just started a new job a little over a month ago which created a huge issue for my weightloss. I went from being a zookeeper and getting all of my exercise in at work, to being a special needs teacher assistant and having to try to work exercise into my schedule again. I also just started Grad school this semester and am a full time student (first time working full time and going to school full time). So my eating had gotten way off as well. Time for me to get back on track.

My goal is to lose at least 5 lbs by Thanksgiving.
SW: 183.6
GW: 178.6

WEED for today:
W - 64 oz
E - strength workout
E - 1200 calories
D - get schoolwork done for my behavior managmenet class

Kukkie84
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Oh I love this concept, so I'm totally in even though we've already had Thanksgiving in Canada. I went from being on a contract at work to getting a full-time position and a promotion all in one, which was great except that I work all the time now. I'm also taking French classes (one per semester) through continuing education to get a proficiency certificate as I specialize in communications. Between all of that, ongoing issues with my thyroid and my hubby of one year (who works weird hours), I've been stalled in the 190s for almost 3 months, so I really need something new to get my butt in gear.

Daily WEED:
W: 64 oz - I used to be really good about my water, but not so much lately. Need to build this back up.
E: About a week or so ago, I cancelled my Goodlife membership and signed up for the pretty decent gym in the community centre behind my house (it's a 5 minute walk). But then I got really sick and haven't been able to go. Today will be my first day there.
E: Hubby and I have been eating out a lot lately. I will make a healthy, homemade dinner, with enough left over to bring to work tomorrow.
D: I have a French take home test due on Wednesday plus normal weekly homework. I will make a good dent in that today.

shasha12
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Excellent! My birthday falls just before Thanksgiving each year, so this thread will hopefully help keep me accountable for both.

kukkie, hi and welcome!! i took french all through high school and into college, but i’ve lost most of it. makes me sad... how cool that you’re taking a class!

zoochick, what’s your workout routine like? it’s rough going from a highly active job to a much less active one!

I've been on my weight loss journey since Nov of last year. I’ve been at weight loss about a yr, although i slipped up huge around the Holidays last yr. Got serious in Jan, lost 23lbs by May, and then I maintained at around 150lbs for a month and a half. I inched back up to 153 in july and that's when I recommitted to my life change. I've only lost 5-6 pounds since mid-July. annoying. I’m weighing in at 147-148 everyday now (although today i hit 149--curse u sodium-drenched movie theater popcorn) so i have 17-18lbs to lose to hit goal, and I'd like to get there before the end of the year!! I believe it’s possible, and that I simply need to be consistent.

Last challenge I worked on changing my mind set about “cheats” they’re no longer cheats, I’m making choices about what I want to eat. Some days I make much healthier choices, which is what I always want to strive for, but some days I fall short. Either way, I keep trucking. This month I am working to increase my flexibility. Lots of stretching!

SO! my WEED:

W: I try to drink at least a gallon a day (128 ounces)
E: I calorie count, and my magic number is 1500
E: I work out with a physical therapist 2x a week, and do my own gym routine 2x a week
D: I like motivational affirmations. My current one is: I will lose 10 pounds!!

jcatron243
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
:welcome: kukkie

:wave: shasha and Kasey.

I had a great workout today :) I was planning on swimming and hitting the steam room but I had to get back to my new dog. (I'm not sure we can keep him :( he snapped at a kid yesterday while we were trick or treating :( plus he is attacking my cats. (not chasing them). Anyhow I did my reg workout plus I have physical therapy today.

SeaWave
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Jeni - thanks for being so punctual in starting the new thread. I'm back in!

My radiation treatments are finishing this week, so I can start tackling things with more fervour! I see American Thanksgiving is Nov 25th, and by that time I hope to be back on track with my nutrition and exercise. I had started losing steadily in Sept/Oct, but then my oncologist wagged his finger at me and asked me to maintain until rads were done. I seem to be doing that, with the odd weigh-in of around 241.2 lbs the last three Mondays, but going as low as 237 lbs in between. :?: I'm aiming for a steady 232 lbs by Nov 25th.

My WEED:
W: 64 oz
E: walking - starting with 5000 steps/day, and working my way up from that
E: keeping to my calorie/sodium content
D: Decluttering!

WillsAngel
11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Hello again Ladies!! Welcome Kuukie!!

My holiday goal is just to keep losing at a slow steady pace. I have been stuck at the 274-276 area for a couple of weeks but have noticed that I am firming up in areas and my stomach has gotten slightly smaller so i am not going to freak out. I am currently unemployed but will be back to work next Monday when the new restaurant opens. surprisingly I havent done any stress eating though money is a serioius serious concern right now. Anyway -

W - just under 64 oz
E-work work work - I must have stained and moved 100 2x4's today - I am hurtin' no gym for me tonight i can barely move.
E - at 543 calories and it is already after dinner - need some high protein snacks in a minute
D - i am in survival mode today :-)

jcatron243
11-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Work today :) Ok not to happy about that. I did not get enough sleep. We broke the news to my kids we were not keeping the dog. It broke their hearts, but it just is not fair to the dog to keep him crated all day and night so he doesnt terroize (and destroy) the cats and my house. I just didn't think it through when I said yes.

I am debating whether or not to sign Tommy up for our short sports program at the Y. This is his last chance and the class is so fun. It just doesn't end until 630 so on my work weeks it will be very hard.

W 64 oz
E extra laps
E 1400 cals
D have a good night.

mothermavis
11-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Jeni, sorry about the dog....I would sign Tommy up, it's only a few weeks long, right? I ran again last night, knee is killing me today, but trying to stick to our getting consistent again goal. Elliptical tonight to give the knee a breather!

Seawave, yay to the end of radiation!!!!

WA, I've been stuck too, lets get out of the rut!!

Zoo & Shasha, nice to see you!

Kukkie, welcome!!

I am Mavis, 44, mother of 2, both away at college, married to a wonderful man, my HS sweetheart and our 22 anniversary is Friday!! I have 2 jobs, 2 dogs (an old dog, almost 10 who is an insulin dependent diabetic and then a beast of a puppy who is 6 months old) I fight an ongoing battle with depression, but I am winning.

W 100
E Elliptical, maybe some crunches
E Only what I pack/plan
D One step at a time, right now, want to get out of the 150's
Long range is 136 by NYE!!

emiloots
11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey Ladies!

My name is Emily, I'm a 30 year old working mom to two boys (Connor, 4 and Desmond, 21 months) with a third on the way due in June 2011. So, for now my weight loss is on hold and just trying not to gain too much!

5 weeks: 164.0
6 weeks: 165.2
7 weeks: 166.0

Jeni - sorry to hear about the dog :(

Seawave - yay for the end of radiation!!!

Zoo, Wills, Mavis - hi!

Kukkie - Welcome to the group

Kukkie84
11-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you for the welcome!

Jeni - sorry to hear about your dog. But I agree that it's not fair to keep him boxed in all day.

Shasha - did you lose the French because you had nowhere to use it? Because I live in Canada, these days so many employers are calling for fluency in French as an asset, and I just think for the future it would just help my career progression if I could have it, not to mention that I do actually enjoy learning new languages.

My WEED for today:
W: 80 ozs
E: Gym is a must - disappointed with myself as I didn't make it yesterday. No excuses today!
E: Healthy, homemade dinner.
D: Laundry and French homework.

shasha12
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
jeni, that is such a bummer about the dogs! poor kiddos =/ but in the grand scheme, thatís a small price for sanity.

seawave, glad radiation is nearly over with! itís nice to be able to get into a routine :hug: hope you reach that 232

wills, i feel ya on the slow and steady! gotta love firming up, but man every now and then i get super annoyed that the scale isnít dropping more. way to curb the stress eating! better than me, definitely.

mavis, hs sweethearts?! incredible! happy anniversary :)

emiloots, congrats on the pregnancy! i guess i donít pay enough attn, i had no idea. how exciting!!

kukkie, yes exactly, no one speaks french around here, and i have very little opportunity to go to france, haha! but iíd love to brush up, especially if it was needed for a job. someday... ;)

My sister comes into town today, Iím excited to see her! Hope to get lots of girl talk in. and luckily, sheís an exerciser, so iíll have a partner.

W: gallon+
E: 1500cals
E: stretching for the back + stability exercises and hopefully some cardio w my sis
D: I will lose 10 lbs!

mothermavis
11-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Shasha, enjoy your sister!!

W 100
E Running after work
E Plan!!
D One day at a time!

WillsAngel
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
ugh had a stomach bug the last few days, between that and work renovating the restaurant I feel like crap

Yesterdays weed
W - only 40 oz :-(
E-1000 cal.
E - bed
D - try to get in a light workout tomorrow

jcatron243
11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
:wave:
Thanks for the support on the dog. It will be okay. I am taking him back this morning.

W 64 oz
E normal
E 1400 cals
D not to cry when I drop off jackson.

Kukkie84
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I made it back to the gym yesterday! I feel like a million bucks, well not really, but I still feel really good.

W 64 oz
E Off day, so stairs at work and park further from doors for class in the evening
E Don't go crazy munching
D Finalize a candidate at work if interviews are successful

MamaP
11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
My name is Kris, single mom to two grown children. I have three grandchildren ~ a granddaughter who is 3 1/2 and has been kept from us by her mom (heartbreaking) and two grandsons age 23 months and 4 months. My daughter and her family live in North Carolina (son-in-law in the Marine Corps) so I don't get to see my boys (my heart and soul) very often (thank goodness for webcam!) - heading there this weekend though for the Marine Corps Ball. I have lost 46 lbs since February 25 but a total of 70 lbs from my high weight. I have 35 lbs to my original goal.

I'm not setting any number goals for this challenge - they never seem to work out for me (although I would love to be in onederland by New Years, or even my birthday - January 9).

My WEED:

W: 120+
E: 1200-1400 calories (lower carb)
E: Yeah, yeah, I know I should but I'm horribly inconsistent. This week I've been doing a little bit of hula hoop and planks (not many but I'm up to holding for a minute on the first one and then can do a few more about 15-20 seconds each)
D: Today I need to finish getting caught up at work and be ready for my trip - I leave tomorrow afternoon.

shasha12
11-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Saw a new low this morning: 147.2! Hope it sticks! I’m exhausted and not looking forward to my workout, but headed to PT in a few. It’s getting cold over here! I actually need long sleeves and pants! focusing on drinking water today, bc i did NOT get all i needed yesterday and woke up feeling dehydrated!

W: A GALLON
E: 1500cals (was under yesterday! maybe that’s why i saw a low)
E: PT+cardio
D: I will lose 10lbs!

WillsAngel
11-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Shasha! Congrats on your low!!

mine for today

w - struggling to hit 64 oz
e - more painting and cleaning
e- right at 1000 cals
d - trying not to stress about my financial situation

SeaWave
11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
WillsAngel Ė Glad to hear the new job is starting Monday. Stomach bugs are the pits. Hope youíre feeling better soon!

Jeni Ė Better to give the dog back before the kids (or you!) get too attached; I hope the drop off wasnít too hard. We had to give our three cats back after a couple of years, because my son had developed migraines. I cried like a baby!

Mavis - My DH and I have been married 22 years too. Heís been very supportive on this journey Iím on.

Emily and Kukkie Ė The key to learning/keeping a second (or more)language is practice. Radio/tv, videos can often be listened to in French. That will help you develop your ear and vocabulary. And then, donít be shy of speaking it. We used to have French Wednesdays at work so people could practice; one of my friends started a group that got together once a week to discuss the news in French. Anythingís game, and if you can link it to an interest, so much the better!

Shasha - Hope you and your sister had a great time together! And yeah, weíve been using that four letter word lately (snow). Ugh. And itís dark so early now!

Kris (MamaP) Ė have fun at the Ball Ė I expect weíll see pictures!?!

My WEED:
E: walking Ė adjusting this to start at 3000 steps/day, and work my way up from that
D: Finished Radiation Treatments Today! WooHoo Me! :cp::cp::cp:

mothermavis
11-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Morning friends! Hope all is well.

Seawave!! Woohoo you is right, so glad you are done with radiation!!

Kris, have fun at the ball....sounds like Cinderella! Seriously, hope you have a magical time! Enjoy seeing those babies while you are there too.

Jeni, dog return was ok I hope?

WA, feel better and try not to stress!!

Shasha, new low!! Sweet....

Kukkie, congrats on getting to the gym!

Emiloots, hope you are feeling great!

Mindy, Hope you came back today!!

W 100 doing ok with this, pretty good...
E Elliptical? Ran last night. Knees pretty ok today, I am excited about that.
E OP
D Love my life, Vermont on Saturday! Can't wait!

zoochick777
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Morning everyone. Just a quick check in before getting ready for work. I'm finally losing the water weight! I'm down to 181.6, that's 2 lbs less that what I was on Monday. Got a good workout in yesterday afternoon. I played in the faculty vs. parents volleyball game at school yesterday afternoon. First we played staff vs. staff to find out who would play the parents. We did best 2 of 3 and we won. Then played the parents and lost. I played 6 games total.

WEED for today:
W - 80 oz
E - 30DS this afternoon
E - 1200-1500 calories
D - finish my 2 assignments that are overdue!

Kukkie84
11-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Seawave you're so right about practicing it and I love that idea of getting together to discuss the news in French. Definitely something to think about. Glad to hear you're done with the radiation!

My WEED:
W: 80 oz
E: Wii Fit Tourny with Hubs
E: No popcorn at the movies tonight!
D: Upload new cardio salsa cd to my iPod for tomorrow's workout.

jcatron243
11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
The dog went dropping off went okay. He was so happy to be there. He has 5 acres to run around. I didn't make it back in time for a workout though:(

I did sign tommy up for short sports. It went ok, the girl is definatley new. I'm going to be very hands on with this group.

I will be working out today though.

W 80 oz
E 75 minutes or so
E 1400 cals
D get my work done.

shasha12
11-04-2010, 03:08 PM
jeni, glad the dog drop went smoothly. i bet tommy will have a blast in his new program!

zoochick, love volleyball! love organized sports in any form :D sounds like u had fun, and a great workout.

mothermavis, YAY vermont!! iíve always wanted to go there, it seems like such a beautiful place.

seawave, YAAAAAYYYY done w radiation!!!!

willsangel, hope youíre feeling better.

mamap, i donít do well with setting a number goal to challenges either. as far as those planks go though, my trainer says itís more effective to hold for 15 secs, 30 secs, 45 secs, then a min instead of the other way around. not sure why, but it sure is hard!

OK all, my low did not stick. Sister has been having a tough go of it lately, and she finished up a stressful interview here in town, sooo we went out for beers, apps, and girl talk. lots of beers and apps. lots of sodium. lots of water weight piled on me.

so, iíve been wondering WHY I lose so slowly. i set these time-oriented goals for myself (like i want to hit 140 by nov 30th), and then i fail to meet them every time! EVERY time!. But come on, see above (27 beers). Iíll wager that I lose this slowly bc I do not eat as healthily as I can, and I do not work out as regularly as I should, and I let myself cheat several times a week. usually only a handful of chips and salsa, but it counts! itís 200 cals, 700mg of sodium, and extra unhealthy fat i donít need. So, itís experiment time.

Iím going to a wedding next weekend. My honey and I leave thurs. thatís one week from today. I am going to go to great pains to EAT RIGHT, exercise, drink my water, and *GASP* go to sleep at a decent hour. Iíll report back tomorrow... letís see what happens...

W: 2 gallons. at least! gotta flush the toxins...
E: 1500cals of healthy foods!
E: stretching, walking, strength training. iím also going to try to stay on my feet as often as possible today
D: i will lose 10 pounds! i will lose 10 pounds! i WILL lose 10 lbs!

jcatron243
11-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Morning everyone. just a quick pop in.

W 64 oz
E maybe a mile,
E 1400 cals
D make it through the weekend.

SeaWave
11-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Quickly popping in to say hi! Hope everyone is on track for a wonderful week-end!

My WEED:
E: walking – adjusting this to start at 3000 steps/day, and work my way up from that
D: Decluttering - my project until Xmas!

Kukkie84
11-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Quick pop-in from me as well. Today's a big festival in my culture, so my WEED barely exists.

W: 100 oz
E: Honestly, not happening.
E: Stay away from too many sweets today.
D: Celebrating with family!

shasha12
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
quick for me too. didn’t do as well as i had hoped yesterday. i blame the hangover. better today.

W: 2 gallons
E: 1500cals
E: PT and cardio
D: i will lose 10 pounds!

MamaP
11-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I've made it to NC and have been loving on the babies. There's been all kinds of drama with the airline - still waiting on my suitcase to arrive. It's apparently in Chattanooga Tennessee. Instead of re-typing it all, if you want to see all my posts so far about this adventure they are on page 10 & 11 of this thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216228-no-vember-no-excuses-dont-turkey-daily-weigh-thread-pt-1-a-10.html

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will try to check in later.

WillsAngel
11-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Ughh this has been a horrible week!! first a stomach bug, then weird hours at work. My eating has been sooo off schedule - had a few slip ups but for the most part still eating healthy - water consumption is down a bit and i have not been to the gym all week. hopefully next week things will settle down. And i will be back in the gym tomorrow.

W- just at 64 oz
E- only at 800 for the day
E - rehabbing a restaurant
D - survive this week and get back on track!!

jcatron243
11-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Kris, I hope you get your suitcase soon!

Last night was so crazy! Will didn't get off until 630 so I literally saw him and told him dinner is in the oven. ERRRRRRR

Normal Workday WEED today.

shasha12
11-06-2010, 10:13 AM
mamap, sorry they’ve lost your luggage! i always wonder how in the world that can happen... enjoy those babies!!

wills, feels like it’s been one thing after another for you! hope you’re back to your norm soon =/

jeni, ick! busy busy in your world! hope it calms down for u.

Happy weekend all. Back to a normal weight today after my cheat, although i only got in a gallon yesterday and i’m still dehydrated from all the sodium that night. Glad to be back, but frustrated at myself for doing that. I’m looking forward to a good, healthy day OP.

W: 2 gallons
E: 1500
E: yoga
D: I will lose 10lbs!

zoochick777
11-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey everyone. Just a quick check in before I try to get in some exercise. My weight was back up to 182.6 today, which was expected since I ate horribly yesterday and drank about 4 glasses of sweat tea. Trying to eat better today and drink tons of water. About to do some tae bo. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

mtiger
11-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Thought I lost you all. I missed the link to the new challenge and had to go searching. FOUND YOU!!! Nothing to report really, but I'm popping in all the same.

I AM going to join a gym. It is time. Went today with my friend and had a good workout. I am surprised by how much I can actually do and how strong I've gotten. I am really hoping this will be the kick I need to lose some more weight. Keep your fingers crossed. I am trying to get here more often but other things seem to get in the way.

My goal for this challenge. Lose ANYTHING, anything at all.

jcatron243
11-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Sorry Mindy, thats my fault. I didn't post the link. I'm glad you like the gym.

Mak's swim meet went well today. We will see her new times posted on Monday.

Tommy is sick. He had a fever when I was getting ready for work this morning. When I got home it was about 102. Ofcourse daddy said he was fine this morning. ERRRR I'm sure this will mean a trip to the doc on monday.

Work was great today.

WillsAngel
11-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Well I am down to 270.3 YAY but went over on calories by 559!! Went to a chili cook off and sampled everything!! I inputed what i could but who knows how accurate it is!! Got back in the gym this morning which was good. I am just having such a hard hard time right now!! I WILL get through it and I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

W - 64 oz
E - 2059 calories give or take some
E - 30 min treadmill 30 min. weight training
D - hang on tight until this super huge bump in my life is over!

TIARA
11-07-2010, 03:38 AM
hey ladies im back i missed ya... well i finally hit a new low 232.. but then halloween came and now im up 2 im back for support because lets face it we all need help around the holidays... Will check in again soon.. but i must say its good to see familiar faces..

jcatron243
11-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi Tiara!! Missed you around here.

Tommy seems to be doing better right now. He fell asleep with me so he is up right now. I hope this doesn't turn into an ear infection.

Workday again.

mothermavis
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Cinderella (Kris), how was the ball? It was last night right??

Jeni, hope Tommy is good.

Mindy, glad you like the gym!

Tiara, welcome back!

I have been a bit off kilter this weekend, but not too bad.

W 100
E Elliptical and a video
E OP
D Cleaning my house!!

zoochick777
11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Tae bo ended up being a lot of fun yesterday. I burned 300 calories in 30 minutes, but my back and abs are extremely sore today. So, of course, my weight was still up today (182.8). I went grocery shopping this morning and bought lots of food for breakfast and lunch for the next few weeks. A lot of the lunch meals are lean cuisine, smart ones, and healthy choice. Lately, I haven't been leaving myself enough time to make lunch, so I have these that I can just grab really quick. And it will help me re-learn proper portion sizes. I also bought salad ingredients, some healthy cereals and healthy snacks (including fruit). I'm hoping the time change will help me get used to waking up an hour earlier in the mornings to exercise. Then I will hopefully start losing the weight faster. Hopefully weigh-in tomorrow will be better than today's. Time to get my lesson plans ready for next week. Have a good night everyone!

SeaWave
11-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi everyone! Popping back in after a few tough days, to be expected apparently after finishing rads but frustrating nonetheless. My skin is starting to break now, and I'm told I can expect it to get worse over the next couple of weeks before it gets better. Ugh. But once that's healed up plan on going to Aquafit - something to really look forward to!

I see some new 'faces' (and some returning that I hadn't met in the last challenge). Welcome! And everyone else - Hi! I missed you all!

My WEED:
E: will depend on what's chafing each particualr day
D: Decluttering - my project until Xmas!

mothermavis
11-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Seawave, here's hoping this part passes soon!

Zoo, good for you on both the exercise and the shopping!!

Kris, can't wait to hear about the trip!

Jeni, hope Tommy is well!

Morning to all!

W 100
E Running after work is the plan
E POP, not to great this weekend, up a pound as a result
D Choices!

jcatron243
11-08-2010, 10:06 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/216857-w-o-w-thanksgiving-week-2-a.html#post3558193