Simply Filling/Core - Nov. 1st-7th

View Full Version : Nov. 1st-7th

jojo23
11-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Morning all. I'm so glad the weekend is over. For some reason, hubby and I have lost a heck of a lot of ground, this weekend, getting over the loss of our beautiful daughter. We have had an horrendous weekend. I suppose it is still early days. Goodness knows how much damage we have done to our waistlines but when all is said and done, today is the start of a new week and we must just put the old one behind us. It hasn't helped that, this morning, we have to go and change our wills... cheerful little soul aren't I?

sloanie
11-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Hi chickies! I'm up at 1:45 with a sore throat, ugh :( I, too, am in the round fruit group; no pear here. My eating is still crazy. I may have gained two pounds, but I fluctuate a lot with water retention, so I'm not really sure.

Sandra, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are awesome! Congrats on your victory! P.S. I don't think you look like Aunt Bea, either.

Rhonda, only two more days! Hang in there :devil:

Nancy, good luck with your eating plan. Don't give up. You (we) can do this!

Jojo, thanks for the new pages. I guess you are up starting your day, and I should be asleep. I hope this week is better than last for you and Mark. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Maryann, I'm so sorry about your sadness. I'm sure that being in pain is not helping. Maybe the ortho doc will have some good news for you. I'll be praying for you.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'm going to try and go back to sleep. TTFN

Tejas
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Good Morning:

I hope you got back to sleep, Sloan. I experience insomnia from time to time myself, but certainly less so since I retired.

Ah, Jojo. What an awful loss you have experienced. It will take forever to integrate it, if that is even possible when your child dies. I hope that this week is better, whatever that might look like for you and your husband.

I noticed today in the news that the UK is selling one half of its public forests to private enterprise. I don't know what the UK needs to do, but that sounds really drastic. What do you think?

I'm spending today validating mail-in ballots, and tomorrow I'll be an alternate precinct judge all day. We don't even have enough people to give judges and alternates a break. We have to arrive at 6AM and stay at least another hour after the polls close at 7PM. Ridiculous.

My dance performance is one month and a day away. So, my next obsession will be learning the two dances. I think that my eating will be pristine this month!

I've also found another craft I like: making jewelry. There are some very creative people out there, and I don't feel like I am particularly inventive. But, I can copy patterns like crazy! I've already made 3 necklace and earring sets: each of them original, actually. Now to sell, baby, sell!

nancy237
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Sloan ..hope you feel better. Are you staying home today to get well or
working ??

JoJo...I am so sorry this has been a tough week. Sometimes for me when I was grieving after a tough spell things can feel better than they did before the tough spell . I hope that is what you experience. Sorta like the toughest time is just before a new level of healing...

sloanie
11-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Stayed home from work today, and I still feel yukky :( I have a big inservice that I need to attend tomorrow, so I hope I wake up feeling better. Hope you all have had a good day. TTFN

nancy237
11-01-2010, 10:36 PM
sloan...:getwell:

ontarget
11-01-2010, 10:43 PM
JoJo, :hugs: I wish I could say something to make you feel better.

Sloan, Curtis was awake almost all night, too, with a sore throat. I hope you're feeling better.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a fun month ahead. My eating was better today, too, so I'm looking for a good month as well.

Tejas
11-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Rats...the Rangers lost!

Well, the Giants came to win, and they did.

jojo23
11-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks girls. We know we have to expect good days and bad days, but the bad ones are pretty grim
. This SUDEP.. (sudden unexpected death in epilepsy) was a complete shock to us No one had told us about the possibility. I don't think it was known about when I was nursing.Its the same with all parents, a huge shock. We belong to a support group and the counsellor is wonderful.
This morning we are going away for the day, Mark has decided that a bit of a change of scene, bit of sight seeing and a nice meal out will do us the world of good. And to **** with the diet this week.
Thanks again, you are a special bunch of folk

beach bum
11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry that I was MIA for several days,and while absent I had my own pity party.
I fine today,even if it was Leo 's 1 year anniversary and the funeral of my friend Mary's DH. My friend Alice and a few other woman I knew where there at Leo's mass and then stayed for the funeral.Alice & I went to dunkin donuts for coffee between both.

One my way out I met several woman that told me about the injection of the knee. It seems like they have a gooey substance that they inject into the knee,that suppose to adhesive to the fix cartilage to make the two bones no long rub again each other.They say lots of people with knee problems like mine use this method and are doing fine. So hopefully it will work for me.

I'll post tomorrow as I want to get on the sofa and rest my knee.Have a nice evening.

ontarget
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
JoJo, it's good that you and Mark have each other for support. I worry about my son all the time. He commutes over 50 miles daily to work often returning late at night as he covers school board meetings and other school-related events. He's seen several wrecks and one time he hit a deer but wasn't injured himself. I worry. You two do what you need to do. I still wish there were something I could say to help.

Rhonda, we enjoyed the ride with the Rangers, too.

We're enjoying the rain today. Glad we've already voted. I'm planning to make some faux fried veggies later this afternoon. Life is good.

sloanie
11-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Have you chicks seen the chatter on the momentum thread about the new ww program? Here is a site that they shared: http://www.weightwatchersmediacentre...ess%20Pack.pdf

Interesting!

jojo23
11-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Morning/afternoon all. We had a lovely day yesterday. Despite the weather, it was just what we needed. The forecast was for mild, spring-like weather with bright sunlight. We awoke to steel grey skies and a bitter howling gale.
We still went away, just wrapped up warm.
We did a bit of Christmas shopping and had a lovely meal. I'm back on track with my diet, just hope I haven't done too much damage.
All last evening, and through the night the BBC covered your election. Listening to people being interviewed as they came out after voting, your worries and concerns about the economy and where the country is heading are exactly the same as ours over here.
Going to see my mum this morning (she needs the target practice:dizzy:)

beach bum
11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

It was a another late morning for me,as I got up just a while ago.My friend Mary called,she doing fine as much as expected,her DD is staying for another day,so I will be going to Boston alone to see the Boston Symphony Rehearsal if this knee hold up.

Had a very bad night I had to rely on the pain killers instead of the Aleive and now I feel like a zombie.Was thinking about going to the cemetery today but that out for another day or two.

SLOAN-Oh No!!! I Hope your sore throat is better now. This is the season where you really don't know what illness you'll get after a sore throat appears,hope it won't be serious. Thanks I feeling a lot better today,wish my knee felt that way.

JOJO-So sorry you had a awful weekend here's to a better one a head. Its so hard to lose a loved one especially when you lost a child. Prayers your way

Have to go and rest my knee,have a nice day

ontarget
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi there, Chickies. We just had some Taco Soup for lunch. It's perfect weather for that, too. Now we're waiting to run some errands and to meet a friend.

JoJo, I got tickled when I saw you'd said "target practice." You know what I was thinking. I've been shooting my bow this AM deciding which arrows are best for indoor season. Just keep being a moving target for your mom, and shower her with your wit and humor. :hug:

Maryann, I took Tylenol PM last night and have been groggy, too. I hope you get to go to the symphony. Is there someone else who can go with you if Mary isn't up to going?

Sloan, I couldn't access that website. Do you know when new program starts?

beach bum
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
SANDRA-I don't have any tickets to give away,the senior center give you the ticket once your on the bus. If I go,I probably meet some one either on the bus or at the luncheon after the symphony.Thought it would be nice to get my friend away from the funeral and all,but her DD is going to help here on some matters that she has to clean up.

Thanks for the thought

Tejas
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I couldn't get into the website either.

I am so tired I can hardly describe it! I'm so glad this election is over, and we'll survive, I'm sure.

I had avoided the Halloween candy until yesterday. But, I've cut myself off for sure. And, now it's time to get back to the gym. Tomorrow :lol: Right now, I'm taking naps and staying horizontal!

ontarget
11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Rhonda, we had a horizontal day this week, too. Sometimes they are lifesavers.

Maryann, you'll make new friends on the bus. I have no doubts at all. Have fun!

I'm still sugar free. This is Day 148. I still feel like I've gained some weight, though. Too many fried foods. I need to make better choices.

nancy237
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Don't you hate it when you have a nice long post and it disappears into
cyberspace..Does that happen to anyone else??
I probably forget to push the Submit button...

My minimeal diet is going great. It seems to keep me from getting so hungry that
I want to break my diet.

I need to find granola/meal bars that have good protein & are under 200 calories. All the ones I tried this week are too sweet or taste funny.

Maryann..how is that knee doing...You have a lot to deal with right now and then your knee at the same time :hug:

Sloan..I am so worried about how I will eat decent after I start work . I
am sure I will figure it out..

Tejas
11-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Nancy, you may not be in the mood to cook, but I bet you could find some recipes for granola bars that give you what you want.

I'm going (back) to bed! :yawn:

jojo23
11-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Yep Nancy, happens to me all the time.

We were thinking of you Rhonda when we were watching the election results. You must be totally exhausted.

Mark used to 'shoot arrows' Sandra when he was in school. We didn't have archery in my school. We had fencing instead.

Dental check-up for both of us this morning at 11am. Most of the dentists have their surgeries in the new part of the city. Not ours! His is in the very old part, a black and white 3 storey building going back to the 15th century. No elevator and apart from the fire escape, has only the one flight of stairs. oak, uneven and blinking steep. I shall be glad when I can hand my teeth to a nurse at the bottom of the stairs, and wait for her to return them:D

There is a rumour circulating, that prince William will announce his engagement this weekend. It makes no odds, we are keeping the girl already.

Have a good day all.

sloanie
11-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Mornin' Chickies! I woke up extra early coughing this morning, so I thought I'd say hello in case the day got away with me. I'm feeling better and went back to school yesterday. If I could get rid of this cough and congestion, I would be "top knotch". The link I posted for the article about the new program was copied and pasted from the "momentum" thread here on 3FC. I don't know why it didn't work, but if you want to check it out you can look there. Sorry there was a problem. I have gained, and I am very :mad: at myself. My friend at work and I are going to weigh in on Monday and try to hold each other accountable for one week at a time. Hopefully having a partner in crime will help. We eat lunch together too, so that will give us time to chat about our eating.

Maryann, I'm really sorry that you are having your sleep disturbed. It's bad enough to have pain, but when it interrupts your sleep it makes it seem much worse. I hope the docs can help you get things under control.

Sandra, I'm so proud of your "sugar free" accomplishment. You probably should lay off that fried frito pie ;)

Rhonda, have you recovered from the election festivities? I thought about you on election day, too.

Nancy, congrats on getting in control. I need to follow in your footsteps. I can't believe I've gained so much weight back. I'm not sure what happened, but I've GOT to get it together!!

Jojo, your day with Mark sounds nice! Glad you two had fun. Also, congrats on getting your eating back under control.

I've got to get off this couch and start the coffee. I just heard DH get up, so that means it's time for me to "get it in gear". You chicks have a great day!

pam920
11-04-2010, 10:13 AM
good morning chicks. Been busy and see I haven't made it in here this week.

jojo, how long ago did you lose your daughter? I'm so sorry. Glad you both were able to enjoy your outing and have your eating under control.

Maryann, sounds like your knee is getting worse. Enjoy the symphony.

Nancy, I like the trailmix Kashi bars. I think they are 140 cal.

Sloan, is your throat still sore? I woke up yesterday with one, but today it's not so bad. I think mine is sinuses.

Sandra, taco soup sounds good. I haven't made that in a long time.

Rhonda, have you made it back to the gym? I've been slowly raking the yard, since we had the trees trimmed. I'm counting that towards my workout, lol.

We are expecting a cool down for a few days. We also had a little bit of rain overnight. I've been here since beginning of Oct, and this is the first rain we've had.

Take care.

nancy237
11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Sloan..Do you want to race for 130 again????
You have a headstart on me but it would still be fun...

ontarget
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Good morning, Chickies. We have a bright, beautiful day here. We're getting the grands after school this afternoon for a bit. Other than that we're here at home. Curtis is going to get on the puter in a bit to work on an article he's writing on making bows out of PVC pipes. Those bows are good for children's programs as they are super inexpensive and durable.

My eating's been good. Taco soup is good to have on hand as it's low in calories and is really really close to being CORE. The dry Ranch mix is prob the only non-CORE item in it.

JoJo, going to the dentist getting exercise? That sounds like a good combination. Well, if your not having a toothache, that is. Just be careful and don't get hurt.

Sloan, I'll go check out that thread. Good for you for having a partner in crime. I envy you having someone to eat lunch with that's dieting with you. That has to help.

Nancy, I even lose emails sometimes before I send them. Sometimes I think these puters are teasing us. We have a good friend in Montana who did the mini meal plan. He lost about 50 pounds and is looking great. I'm glad this is working for you, too.

Pam, most of the exercise I do is yardwork related. I need to be out there now but here I sit on the recliner with the laptop. Am I lazy?

Rhonda, I appreciate all your work you did and am glad you're getting some rest. You'll be back in the gym in no time at all. I'm guessing you're back to your normal self today. When we compete in an archery tournament, we always follow up with at least one recovery day. After that, we're ready go run and play again.

Vickie, how are things in your part of cyberspace? Have you heard anything from Angela? Froufie?

Maryann, hope you're enjoying your day and not aching.

Got to go. I'm heading outside for a bit. Wind's out of the north, so I prob won't be out there very long. Have a good day, everyone.

nancy237
11-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Rainy damp day here so DH and I are headed out to see
a matinée of Secretariat .
Our pastor was joking about someone complaining that the movie was too
predictable...what are they supposed to do, change history ?? LOL

Vickie
11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Nancy, this is my favorite bar in the whole world. I've been eating it almost every night for a long time.

http://zoneperfect.com/products/ZonePerfect-Dark-Chocolate-Double-Chocolate

sloanie
11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Nancy, a race sounds good to me! Maybe both of us will get there and stay there! I love the zone perfect bars, too! If you have not tried them, you should. They are a great evening treat with coffee.

Vickie, good to see you here. Are you and Jim okay? I hope all is well with the two of you!

GTG. I'm still at school and DS is picking me up 'cause DH is working on his truck, so he took my car today. Have a great afternoon, y'all!

nancy237
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
If you haven't seen the movie Secretariat , I highly recommend it.

To me it was so much more than a horse movie.

Inspiring !!!!

Thanks for the Zone Bar recommendations . I will try them.

sloanie
11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey Vickie and Nancy! We're here at the same time. How're y'all doin'?

ontarget
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Vickie, it's good to see you here. Have you heard from Angela?

Nancy and Sloan, it's going to be fun watching ya'll head on down to 130. Wish I could join you.

Sloan, I popped over to the Momentum board and did some reading. The new program sounds really interesting.

I'm subbing tomorrow so eating shouldn't be a problem. Ya'll have a good evening. I'll catch you later.

Tejas
11-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Hi everybody:

OK, I can report that the democratic process is very well executed in my county. I've seen the inside workings of it and have no issues with anything but the final outcome.

I had hoped to get to the gym today, but did not. I did go to a tap practice this morning and did fairly well. I slept again for 3 hours this afternoon. The current plan is to go to aquafit if I wake up in time. Actually, the doggie wakes me up about 6AM everyday, so I will wake up, but we'll see if I stay up.

I hope you've all had a good night, and that Jojo is waking up soon to a beautiful new day.

jojo23
11-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Pam Beth died on May 26th this year. 2 weeks short of her 32nd birthday, the day before her dad's birthday and 5 days before mine. She was beautiful. Autistic and epileptic with a **** of a sense of humour, if you just looked for it. She died of a syndrome called SUDEP Sudden Death in Epilepsy. There is no diagnosis for it and no way of predicting if it will hit. It has been a terrific shock, we had been her carers for over 30 years. She was our only child, we lost three babies before she was born.

No Tejas Another grey day, not nice at all. Yesterday was bright, and the sun on the changing leaves made them breathtakingly beautiful

How's the cold Sloanie? Is the cough keeping you awake at night? I give Mark (he sounds like a seal calling for a fish when he starts:D) a teaspoonful of honey in hot water with a few drops of vinegar. I make it sip it and it stops the tickle, if it's one of those coughs you have. For chesty ones I use a few drops of eucalyptus in boiling water, stick a towel over his head and get him to breath it in. The steam really helps. If all that fails I send him to the doctor!

This remind me of a funny thing. I took my nursing finals exam in 1972. One of sections was a 'give the answer in a sentence' type of questionnaire. One of the questions was 'What is a virus?' An impossible task to explain it in a paragraph, let alone a sentence. We all struggled with that one, except my pal Di she put: 'A virus is something the doctor tells you have when he doesn't know what's wrong with you' She passed too!

Dentist went OK He doesn‘t want to see either of us until the next 6 month check up. Have a good one everyone.

beach bum
11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a wonderful time a the Boston Symphony Rehearsal yesterday.I went up by bus around 8:15 that the senior center ordered for us.We had 45 with us. Got to Boston around 10:30 and listened the concert until 1 PM and than onto Maggicano's for our 2PM dinner.WoW the food that this place had.It was served family style. Veal & chicken Parm, Roasted Garlic Chicken Meat Lasagna salads and Chocolate Layer Cake. On our way home around 4 ishes the director counted heads and when we got to the bridge out of Boston A woman started coming up from the back of the bus looking at everybody's faces.She than screamed I'm on the wrong bus I want to to to Walpole,We're going to the Cape. Well the driver called her bus to wait for her as we 're going back to the Restaurant. It took us 3/4 of an hours to get back and when we started heading to the Cape it was in the middle of rush hour. Got home late,but it was worth the trip.

My Knee is bothering me as we have a two days of rain and the dampness doesn't help either. TG its only 4 more days and I see the doctor.He will discuss with me what method is right for me,hope its the injections that Nat & Laureen are talking about.I understand that its going to be a 3-4 month recovery period. QUESTION.Can I stand the pain for a little while longer and have the injections after the holiday or do I have it done now and not being able to go down to my DD for TG and Christmas/New Years??

I Heard from another woman on another board that WW is changing there point system again,have any of your meeting goers hear about this change????

Will post individually I have to get to the sofa and put my feet up as my knee is aching again.

sloanie
11-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey chickies, my cold is hangin' on and is making my nose a wreck! I can't seem to stop sneezing. ugh!

Maryann, your time at the symphony sounds delightful. We have a symphony in Nashville with a brand new symphony hall. I have been to one symphony since the new hall opened, and it was beautiful. What a funny story about the "hitch-hiker" on your bus. Sounds like something I would do. Hope you get some rest for that knee!

Jojo, I love the virus definition. I have to teach my students about pathogens, and getting them to understand about viruses is difficult. I think I'll just use that definition from now on! Glad your dental appt. went well! Now you will have to plan to get your exercise elsewhere!

Rhonda, just think of how tired you would be if you weren't in such good shape. It would take you a month to recover. Sorry the election did not go your way, but you should be very proud of the role you played in the process. I know I'm proud of ya!

Hey to the rest of you chickies.

I've got to get home, but first I think I'll stop and get some "Puffs" tissue for my sore little nosey!

ontarget
11-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi there. I subbed today--but the big news is--I weighed this AM. This was my first wi in 60 days. I was up 3 pounds. Curtis was a hoot. I was handling it great but Curtis was worried I was upset. He told me--"We had that trip to Houston and trips almost always cause a gain." "I weighed this AM, too, and was up 2 pounds from yesterday, so I think the scales are off and you really just gained 1 pound." and "We've both been eating all right; we just need to add exercise."

I had told my OA sponsor last night that I was going to wi. She and I decided I'd say a prayer for acceptance and a good attitude no matter what the scales said. I had told her I was expecting a gain. Even though I have been sugar-free for 150 days, I've not been careful with other foods the last 60 days.

End of story: Today I made wiser food choices. I may even do a little :ebike: later while watchin TV.

JoJo, thank you for sharing Beth with us. We are here for you any time you need to talk and would love to be a shoulder for you to lean on.

Sloan, are you trying what JoJo said? I copied it and pasted it so I'll have it when needed. I'm going to give it a try.

Maryann, your outing sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sorry you're still hurting, though.

Rhonda, did you make it to aquafit? I got up @ 6:15 this AM. I get up that early when I'm subbing.

Now I need to do some more debating about :ebike: I'll see you later.

sloanie
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Sandra, Jojo's remedies are for cough, but I'm not coughing anymore. I, too, will tuck those remedy ideas away for another sick day. Right now my nose is just pouring! yuk!!! I'm also sneezing a lot. This is a new development as I started out with the sore throat and coughing, but that got better and now it's the nose. What's up with that?

I am proud of your good attitude about the gain vs. your awesome accomplishment of staying sugar free!!!

ontarget
11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you, Sloan. I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

nancy237
11-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I've figured out a way to get a bit more walking in ...I have been going to the
malls or shopping centers in the evening and walking & shopping at the same time . I am mainly just buying things that I would anyway. Tonight I got dogfood and a pan I needed.
I got a 30 minute beginner workout DVD tonight that I am going to try to
tone & strengthen a bit. I have a YMCA membership that I just can't make myself use yet.

Tejas
11-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Jojo, thanks for telling us more about your daughter and your situation. To have lost other children, then her must be really hard. One of my close friends had two infants die from heart problems, then two others were born with the same problems, but have thrived. We go through a lot to bring another generation forward.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good trip. How awful about that poor lady; she must have been very confused. But, there should have been a better head count, I would think.

Sloan, I hope you feel better soon. I have thought about being in better shape means a quicker recovery.

I didn't go to the gym but did some exercises at home and took a longer than usual walk. Nancy, mall walking works! And, Sandra, good for you all around. You'll get there.

I'm off to bed early tonight. I've got a day long meeting at church tomorrow and the family is coming for chili at 6PM. DH is cooking; it's his one dish, and he does a good job.

Tejas
11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey, Vickie, are you out there?

jojo23
11-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Would someone please pay the ransom on Vickie. She hasn't been around for ages.

Thank you all for your kind messages, it really helps. We are, of course, dreading Christmas. It is always a time for nostalgia and this year will be very hard for us remembering other Christmas mornings full of laughter and music.

Maryann. That concert sounds wonderful. There is no comparison between hearing a recording and listening live is there. The meal afterwards sounds mouth-watering too. Oh that poor lady. All her worst nightmares come true. I always twitter when I get on a train. The station announcements are always so muffled that you can hardly hear them

Later on this morning we are going for our flu injections. I’m taking a book for the wait. Mark has banned me from taking my knitting. He says I would look like Grandma Clackit. All I need is a rocking chair and duelling banjos playing.

We have an APB out on the sun.

sloanie
11-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Mornin' chicks, I'm up since four am with a crazy bad headache! This cold is killing me! I've got too much to do to be sick. Actually, this might be God's way to make me be still for a while. Last weekend I did so many projects my sister jokingly accused me of being on crack! :rofl:

Jojo, I agree, it would be great to hear from Vickie. Hopefully whatever is keeping her from us is fun. We need to get our flu shots, too. Everywhere you turn around here there is a sign advertising flu shots $25.00. There's really no excuse for not getting one.

Rhonda, your day sounds good. Working at church then time with the family, it really doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy your chili, and congrats on not having to do the cooking!

Nancy, I need to get exercising, too. Lately, I have been dreaming of a swim spa. Dream is the key word because they are around $17,000. Oh well, walking is good, too.

I've got to get ready for my leader's meeting for Bible study. Sick or not, I need to be there or I cannot lead my group on Monday night. Have a great day, y'all.

ontarget
11-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Good morning, everybody. We just finished breakfast. I had 1 scrambled egg made with an additional eggwhite. I rolled it in a tortilla after adding homemade salsa. Well, it's sort of homemade. Our local Taco Place just reopened. They make green salsa from scratch. I bought some yesterday.

JoJo, my hair is long enough for me to start French braids but not long enough for me to braid the back--just the top and part of the sides. It's hard to explain but sometimes I think I look younger with them and sometimes older. (Sounds weird, eh?) I'm having fun playing with my hair anyway. When I was a young girl, I had a Toni doll and would play with her hair braiding and doing whatever came to mind. My hair will never be very long, but maybe soon I will be able to braid it and hold the braids with a clip. Was this TMI?

Sloan, Dr. Oz did a show about colds/flus. I'm guessing you already know how to treat your cold. What they mainly said was to treat the symptoms.

Vickie, if you're reading, you're missed. We love you.

The new program sounds interesting. I may go to a meeting after Thanksgiving to get a copy. If I do, that'll mean I'll have to wi before my 30 days are up. I haven't decided if I will peek at the results or not.

I'm going to the store to buy fresh fruit in a few minutes. Curtis will be on the puter most of the day writing an article for a magazine (archery), so I won't be back online till much later. Have a great day, everyone.

beach bum
11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Can't believe I just got up at 9:30 AM,but I had a bad night with my knee, the Alieve doesn't work anymore and I can't stand or walk, because of the pain. The meds the doctor gave me make me feel like a zombie,so I don't take them. TG I have a doctor appointment on Tues and will know what procedure he's is going to use. I have mixed feeling about the timing. I like to go down to my DD's for Thanksgiving but I also want this knee repaired.

Lost 6 lbs on my W-I this week so I'm down to where I was a year ago.

SLOANE-I heard about the WW point system changing from another woman on another board.Wow I wonder what it be like. I tried to get on the web site you posted and i couldn't get in.==Thanks I have sleeping pills but I hate to use them as they make me feel like a zombie also, My reg gave me a prescription and when I told him I don't like using them he said I don't blame you I wouldn't use them either.

SANDRA-I went by myself on the bus but than found 2 of my friends from the choir that were there. Had a wonderful day even if the old knee was making me walk slowly.I stayed with them all the time. Mary and I are going out for pizza for supper tonight and than go to a movie called Secretariat. I loved that horse when it was running in the Kentucky Derby.

NANCY-Thanks I must agree I had a lot on my plate but with my faith I getting though. My knee is really hurting,so I glad that i have an appointment this Tuesday with the doctor and he'll will discuss what way is the best for me injections or surgery. Have to have some thing done. Going to see the movie Secretariat tonight with my friend Mary.

PAM-Loved the symphony, my dh & I were also fans of classical,country and 50's music. We had rain for 2 days and the dampness really bothered my knee, hopefully today the knee will get better.

RHONDA-I felt so sorry for that poor woman be alone and all that.But when you alone you must have you wits with you and make use your on the right bus, train or plane,you keep on asking before the vehicle leaves.

JOJO-As I said before I love classical music and it was so beautiful listening it in person.The other thing I noticed how the conductor stops the the orchestra when he hears the tempo not right he corrects them right away. He stopped them twice when I was there and I didn't hear what he heard i thought they were doing it correctly.

Have to go, my knee is getting tried of sitting have to elevate it,see you gals tomorrow.

ontarget
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Maryann, I'm sorry your having so much pain with your knee. I do want to wish you congratulations, though, on being down 6 lbs. That's spectacular!

jojo23
11-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Well, bad news over first. I have gained a massive 6lbs in the last two weeks. (over here we call 2 weeks a fortnight i.e. fourteen nights) At my diet group yesterday everyone was so sympathetic that I felt really bad about it. Anyway! I am booked in for a session with the 'guru' to have a chat and a talk about where I'm at and general motivation.

Oh Maryann I am so sorry to hear about the pain. Hope today will be better for you

I remember when I was a teenager Sandra I was always changing my hair.

Sloanie How's the cold today? Sounds more like flu.

Because we are over 60:o Mark and I get free flu jabs and went for them yesterday. Our doctor's surgery (office) is on the edge of the city. It is a new building with 7 doctors, physio, dispensary osteopaths, chiropractors, etc. It is by no means the biggest in town but fairly large and a great many seniors are registered there so we were expecting a long wait and I took a book. We walked in and one of the nurses saw us, said 'Don't sit down. Come straight through' (There were 4 nurses in various treatment rooms) I sat in the chair and Mark didn't even have time to sit down! We were in and out in 5 minutes. We jumped a very long queue. The nurse told us that she didn't want us in the atmosphere of the surgery so soon after Beth died.

sloanie
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Mornin' chicks, I'm still fighting this cold. I have had a constant headache since Friday. The pain has not kept me awake, but if I'm awake, my head is throbbing. Of course, I've gotten nothing done this weekend :(

Maryann, I'm sorry you are having so much pain with your knee. I'm glad it's not much longer till you see the doc.

Jojo, how nice of that nurse! She was very thoughtful :). What book did you take to read? I've thought about my sickness being the flu, but I really don't have any aches (other than my head), and I have not had fever. I will certainly call the doctor in the morning if I'm not better. Jojo, I'm sorry to hear about your gain. It's nice that you get individual attention at your program. Hopefully "the guru" can shed some light on what's going on.

Sandra, your breakfast sounded good yesterday. Could you come over and make some for me? I'm very interested in the new program. I've been looking on the puter for info, and it sounds like it might be very effective. When are you gonna post a photo of yourself with those braids?

Rhonda, how was the chili? I hope you enjoyed your time with the family.

Nancy, I'm just sitting here getting fatter and fatter. How is your plan going? Have you been exercising?

Hey Vickie and Pam :D See y'all later...

Tejas
11-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes, Sloan, yesterday was very nice. Good work, good food and good company. And, today will be good too.

I'm sorry to hear that you and Maryann are having health problems...I wish you both a speedy recovery. Jojo, the fact that our seniors don't get free shots is a sore point with me. The country and the Big Pharma can afford it.

I'm not going to the gym today, but will do some serious exercise at home. I'll go back to the gym early in the morning to the "Latin Heat" class which I really enjoy.

And, Sandra, a Toni doll. I haven't thought of them in years, thanks for the memories.

ontarget
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Sloan and Maryann, I hope you're both feeling better.

Sloan, the world isn't ready to see me with my braids. I haven't been wearing the outside the house. :lol My hair is still really really short and the hair just meets at the back and dosn't go anywhere. Weird looking for sure.

Rhonda, how was the chili? I'll bet ya'll hd a good time.

JoJo, that was so sweet of the nurse to gt you and Mark in and out quickly. As to those extra pounds? You'll get them off. Just listen to your guru.

Not much going on here. Church/lunch/play rehearsal/computer. I'll prob do some shooting tomorrow.

jojo23
11-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Yesterday afternoon we went to a memorial service for all the people who had passed away in the last 6 months in our parish. The church was packed. It is an old Victorian one with beautiful stained glass. As the names were read out, the relatives could go up and light candles. The choir sang 'Pia Jesus' which was a favourite of Beth's and it was a very special service. Jojo the wimp cried all the way through! Mind you... I got a lovely cuddle from a dishy vicar:)
I was feeling a bit achey yesterday after the flu injection, Mark was OK but it was a day for sitting by the fire.
I'm going to have a lazy day today. Mark calls a lazy day, 'A day for the Queen' in the services this meant a day's holiday. I finished the tunic I was knitting so will start a tapestry (needlepoint) this afternoon when I come back from seeing the diet counsellor.
Oatbran I read an article that oatbran is a new super food. Over here, we call oatmeal 'porridge' and I wondered if oatbran was the same as oatmeal? Does anyone know? I posted a query on the food thread but haven't had an answer.
The birds are flying backwards this morning, it is so windy

Vickie
11-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to Jenny again. It is not going to be good again. I'm not motivated yet I don't want to give up either. I've gained about 2.6 pounds back in the last month. How does one find the motivation again? This happens to me every time I get this much weight off. I still have 99 pounds to go and want to lose more before the holidays. I'm disgusted.

jojo23
11-08-2010, 01:28 PM
New week started on main thread