100 lb. Club - A few new NSVs - woo hoo

View Full Version : A few new NSVs - woo hoo

MamaP
10-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Had a few NSVs this weekend:

1. Was at a wedding yesterday and saw an older lady that I haven't seen for about a year and have known forever - she used to work in the snack bar at the local bowling alley so she's known me for probably 30 years or more. When she saw me her face just lit up and she looked amazed. She asked me how much weight I have lost and I told her a total of 70 lbs. She told me that I look "amazing." When I told her I had 35 more lbs to lose to reach my goal she said, "I don't know where you're gonna lose it from." (When I told her I still weigh 210 lbs, she said, "well, if you still weigh that much, then 35 more would probably be good. :) ).

2. Today I was at JcPenneys looking for an undergarmet (spanx, which I decided I don't need) for my ball gown for the Marine Corps ball (next week - woo hoo) and decided to try on some pants. I tried on a pair of size 12 dress pants and also a size 12 pair of docker jeans (I bought the jeans). I cannot remember the last time I've been able to wear a size 12 anything (even if they are snug). Also, as I was walking into the misses department there was a woman ahead of me who I considered to be a thin to "normal" sized person and I was thinking to myself "wow, we're shopping in the same department, I hope she doesn't think I'm following her" (I still feel like people probably think I'm in the wrong department). I wanted really badly to point out to the cashier that I was buying size 12 jeans but figured she would think I was crazy.

3. Lastly, I was at the laundromat this evening to dry my clothes (don't have a working dryer) and was folding t-shirts when I realized just how much of a difference there is between my old shirts and current shirts. The people at the laundromat probably thought I was crazy because I took the attached picture. So awesome!

Onederchic
11-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Fabulous!!! Congrats :)

penmage
11-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Awesome! Congrats :D

DollyR
11-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Fantastic!!!

time2lose
11-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Congratulations, what wonderful NSVs. I think you had a brilliant idea to take the pictures of the shirts, what a great visual of the change that you have made.. I think that I will copy your idea. :)

JackieHollow
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
AWESOME NSV!! I particularly like the last one! I am saving a pair of pants and shirt from my biggest size so when I get to goal I can compare. :)

DixC Chix
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Those are wonderful NSV stories. Keep 'em coming! You rock!!!

Sunshine73
11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Those are awesome NSVs!!! I never would have thought of comparing the clothes like that but what an amazing idea. I'm going to have to do that when I start really losing!

calluna
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Great NSVs! I enjoyed reading this.

And I, too, get imposter syndrome when I'm shopping in Misses, thinking someone will catch me and point me back to where I belong.

literaturelover
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Congrats! The pic is so effective and a great way to show all your hard work :)

roxannestags
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
congrats!!

xty
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
These are great!! Congrats :)

And that pic of your 2 shirts but a big smile on my face. I love it.

doppio
11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh man, congrats, girl! That picture you posted vjkdflsnjklv I cannot wait until I can see that sort of change in my clothes :dizzy:

findingfawn
11-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Awesome!!

Love the shirt pic!!

totsandfries
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
That is amazing. I'm embarrassed to say, when I found a pair of size 10 jeans at JcPenny's that fit I told the cashier they were size 10, and they actually fit ... I got really strange looks.

MamaP
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys. I don't think I would have just thought to take compare or take a picture of the shirts if I hadn't been folding clothes on one of those tables at the laundry mat so had them laid out together. I ended up laying my clean shirts on the floor so I could get a good picture - crazy, huh? The realization of the difference in sizes was very emotional. I still wear that pink shirt . . . only it's usually just to sleep in. :)