Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 7 (11/01 - 11/07)

Bigmid
10-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone, I am starting the week 7 thread. Congratulations to everyone who lost this week. I posted everyone with a loss which was 5 of us the rest had a gain or freebies. I had the biggest gain and took the team down with me.....sorry about that I just really needed to be accountable + I would have run out of freebies before I got the weight back down again.....not sure how it would work if I was eliminated:)

So here are the Blue Team results for week 6: CONGRATULATIONS TO

Biggest Loser:
Sameen, -4 lbs, -1.79%

Honorable mentions:
lolcat, -2 lbs, -1.02%
Muffentop, -1.4 lbs, -.71%
Mercy03, -1 lbs, -.68%
JackieHollow, -1.4 lbs, -.52%

I know it will be a good week the weather here should be nice and I can get back outside to exercise. Sorry again team I hope you can forgive me (I am weak)

JackieHollow
10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
We all have our bad weeks! The thing is to make sure NOT to constantly beat yourself up over it. It's a new week. A new month. A new attitude. We can do this!!!!

Congrats to the losers. <hugs> to everyone else. I know we can all have a great week this week!! Maybe we can come up with a bit of a side challenge to help us have a better week?

GO BLUE! (Lose or gain, I'm proud of us all!)

MamaP
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Life is pretty crazy for me right now and this week is gonna be hectic. I will be out of town for weigh-in day so will try to post my weight before I leave on Thursday. Had a few NSVs over the weekend . . . My NSVs for the weekend . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216229-few-new-nsvs-woo-hoo.html

Hope everyone has a great week.

Rochester
11-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Maybe we can come up with a bit of a side challenge to help us have a better week?

Good idea! :carrot: Hopefully we can all get back on track this week and rock this challenge!

Congrats to this week's losers. :) :cheer3:

Bigmid
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Exercise challenge 1.

20 push ups (3 sets)
20 crunches (3 sets)
2 min walking in place (3 sets)
Do this 3 times this week

JackieHollow
11-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the challenge! :) I'm gonna make sure to get it done.

So I started today with calorie cycling. I'm really bad about not getting my calories in. Right now I'm at 1114, and trying to figure out how to get another 175 in. I'm not really hugry (could be from stomach cramps i've had all day). But I want to start eating all I need to, and not stay too low. 1100s seem to be normal for me when I'm really watching my intake. I really WANT to eat more calories, but i think subconsciously I'm afraid to. Not only that, there's only so many yummy healthy things I can eat, and for some reason I think everything is unhealthy!! It's this crazy mind game I have goin on and I don't know how to push past it.

I also started my journaling today. I'm trying to make it as fun as possible. What does everyone write in their journal? Just food and exercise? Other stuff??

I'm looking forward to a great week!! I hope the thread is active this week and we're all full of enthusiasm!

QOTW:
What ONE food could you not live without?? And what ONE food do you refuse to eat, no matter HOW healthy it is for you?

All Psyched Up
11-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi Team,

Sorry I have been MIA and for no good reason, just not feeling motivated. Doing a bit more exercise, but the healthy eating is not going so well...as the scales show.

Thanks Jacky for the exercise challenge. I can barely do 20 push-ups period, but I'll give it a go. :)

Jackie - way to go for journaling. I started that a few months ago and it fell by the way side, I should really pick it up again. It's amazing how a little reflection can result in some great insight.

As for the Question of the week...one food I could not live without? Just one?? I'm afraid that's too hard - but perhaps bread/crackers/pasta would win. As for the the one thing I just can't eat, that's too easy - meat! I managed to start eating seafood five years ago, and sometimes I think chicken or turkey might be a good lean protein to add to my diet, but I just can't. Too long on a primarily vegetarian diet...or should I say carbatarian diet...

All for now. Good luck this week every one!

Stacy

Rochester
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, after a week of vacation disaster, I'm right back on track and feeling great! Woot.

QOTW:
What ONE food could you not live without?? And what ONE food do you refuse to eat, no matter HOW healthy it is for you?

Food I couldn't live without: Dairy. Especially cheese. :cheese: I get a little panicky if there's less than a pound of cheese in the fridge.

Food I refuse to eat: Salmon. :barf: I don't like the way it looks, or smells, or taste. Just saying the word makes me feel like gagging. I'm really picky about fish, and there's many that I don't like, but salmon is definitely at the top of the list.

Bigmid
11-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Hi everyone so I did one round of the challenge today so only 2 mores days to go. I plan on making it harder next week

Foods I can't live without - I am a true carb-o-holic so in that category for sure. Maybe even cereal would win over others ( I love it for supper ). Food I won't eat. Ha ha not much that what keeps me in this crazy mess I'm in but I would say.... Head cheese so gross to even look at for me.

Well I'll do personals later should be on the computer tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

Bigmid
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone how is your day going so far. The sun is shining and I want to go out and play but I am heading out to work in a couple min. instead:(

The results are posted and the red team took it for week 6.....sorry about that

This week will be better.

Jackie - calorie cycling can be hard at first and very scary...it's like what do you mean I need to eat more....that's why I'm here. But with adding exercise and controling portions I think we sometimes decrease to much. Good luck with it and it will get better the more you do it.

MamaP - Congrats on the NSV that's awesome.

Rochester - We will rock this challange:carrot: funny I just had salmon last night:)

Stacy - Keep with it I know you can do this. As a fellow cab addict we will beat this thing:) As for the push-ups if you have stairs do stair push-ups.....easier but just as effective. If not stairs then kitchen counter tops work just as good and target the same muscle groups.

Hello to the rest of the team and I hope you all have a great OP day

Bigmid
11-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Where is everyone?????

Rochester
11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I have a weigh-in question, Bigmid. I took a freebie last week, so what do I use for my starting weight for this week's weigh-in? Last week's number that I didn't report, or the number from 2 weeks previous?

MamaP
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Hope everyone has a good weekend. I already posted my WI for this weekend because I'm gonna be out of town and don't want to miss it. Not sure how much I'll be online between now and Tuesday.

Bigmid
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Rochester you just use your current weight from your WI day. Every freebie used I just take the last one posted and use that for our totals.

JackieHollow
11-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey all!! I'm here. Been busy with birthdays, etc for 2 of my kids. Now I'm gearing up to shoot a wedding on Saturday. I've cut the tip od my finger and nailo and typing is TOUGH.

Rochester
11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey all!! I'm here. Been busy with birthdays, etc for 2 of my kids. Now I'm gearing up to shoot a wedding on Saturday. I've cut the tip od my finger and nailo and typing is TOUGH.

OW! :( Hope your finger gets better soon.

Are you a professional photographer? Do you have a website? I love photography! I'm a total amateur (basic point-and-shoot stuff) but it's such a fantastic creative outlet for me.

Bigmid
11-05-2010, 12:48 AM
MamaP - have a good weekend

Jackie - I hope you finger heals fast

Rochester did my answer make sence?

Well another day over and the weekend is nearing :) I have still been pretty bad with the whole eating thing but my water intake and my exercise are on track this week so I'm hoping the rest will soon fall back into place as well.
Off to bed have a great night everyone.

Rochester
11-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Rochester did my answer make sence?

Yes, thank you.

It does seem to make things a bit unfair mathematically, though. For example, say someone records a weight of 200 for Week 14. The following week, their weight is 198, but they take a Freebie because they will be out of town and unable to record their weight. Then, in Week 16, they record a weight of 196, which is then considered a loss of 4 pounds in one week, but in fact it was a 4 pound loss in two weeks.

Or, conversely, say someone records a weight of 200 for Week 14. Then the following week, they gain up to 204, so they take a freebie. Then in Week 16, they weigh in at 198, which is considered a loss of 2 pounds, calculating from the last recorded weight. But in fact, they have lost 6 pounds in one week.

Do you see how Person A could earn the Biggest Loser title with a smaller loss than Person B? (Assuming I'm understanding this correctly.)

Muffentop
11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Congratulations to this week's losers.

QOTW:

The one food I could not live without would be breads/cereals... love my carbs!
The one food that I refuse to eat is cheese.

Have a great week everybody!

MamaP
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I've made it to NC and have been loving on the babies. There's been all kinds of drama with the airline - still waiting on my suitcase to arrive. It's apparently in Chattanooga Tennessee. Instead of re-typing it all, if you want to see all my posts so far about this adventure they are on page 10 & 11 of this thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216228-no-vember-no-excuses-dont-turkey-daily-weigh-thread-pt-1-a-10.html

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will try to check in later.

Bigmid
11-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Rochester - you do understand it correctly and yes someone could be the BL by having a freebie the week before but thats just how they work and it helps when you really need one. Mathamatically you could get BL status but seeing as there is no money at the end most people wouldn't use it for that reason alone. Now you add 100,000 to the mix then game on.....LOL

Muffentop - hello

MamaP - have a good time and I hope you get your bag soon

Well I finally feel good about my walk/run today as I did more running. It's amazing how out of shape you can get in less than a month. Here's hoping I stay on track. Have a great weekend everyone

inklestinkle
11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone. Another not so regular update. I missed last week's weigh in and chat thread, but I'm not giving on the losing weight. Just chatting about it. :P I've gone and thrown myself into another project, NaNoWriMo (Nation Novel Writing Month). I sucked at the chat threads before I started and it'll only get worse from now until the end, so I may stop in from time to time, but I'm giving up on being the Biggest Loser. Just the title, I'm still losing weight. Not a lot, but I'm still losing. :)

Good luck ladies!!! GEAUX BLUE TEAM!

fitin2008
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi teammates, another bad week for me. Lots of overeating and poor food choices. I'm afraid to weigh-in tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having a better week. I wish I could be steady instead of these ups and downs that I go through. Any advice? :(

JackieHollow
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
OW! :( Hope your finger gets better soon.

Are you a professional photographer? Do you have a website? I love photography! I'm a total amateur (basic point-and-shoot stuff) but it's such a fantastic creative outlet for me.

Yes I am. :) http://jackiehollowayphotography.com It is so fun. Some of my favorite stuff (non portraiture) isn't even up there. There's nothign better than finding a new place to shoot landscapes or macros, or whatever! when you are stressed out. :)

Thanks everyone for commenting about my finger. I didn't cut the tip completely off, so kept it bandaged, and it seems to be healing up together nicely. And I'm now able to type without too much discomfort! :)

MamaP I hope your bag has arrived!! My parents went throught he same thing last time they travelled. You'd think as much as you have to pay to put the luggage on the plane, they would take better care of it!

Muffen.. I can't imagine not eating cheese. I should.. but I can't. LOL

inkle.. I used to LOVE to write. Before kids. Seems like once they came along, my writing days fizzled out.

HOpe everyone is doing great!! I'm exhausted today. My weight won't be what I want tomorrow, but <sigh> It is down (I think), just not at all what I hoped. This week WILL be a BETTER week!

Bigmid
11-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Hi

Inklestinkle - good to hear you still on the weight loss journey and will come post when you can. It's all about not giving up. The posting can be hard I struggled with it for a long time. Good luck with the writing.

Fitin2008 - keep with it the losses will come. I have still been bad with my eating ( tonight included ) but the exercise is ther so one obstacle at a time

Jackie - glad to hear your finger is healing. I know what you mean about the loss not where you want it to be....mine is self inflicted though. I know we can do this

I will be taking this mornings WI for tomorrow as I had Chinese food tonight so lots of bloating weight for tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone and don't forget to WI tomorrow.

We also turn back the clocks tonight for those who do. Extra hour of sleep

gypsychic
11-07-2010, 04:20 AM
hey guys.. m back.. from my mini vacation.. so after 2 weeks of taking freebies and loosing nd gaining weight.. m down 1lb net lol since last WI

good luck every1

Rochester
11-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Yes I am. :) http://jackiehollowayphotography.com It is so fun. Some of my favorite stuff (non portraiture) isn't even up there. There's nothign better than finding a new place to shoot landscapes or macros, or whatever! when you are stressed out. :)

Very nice shots. Thanks for sharing your website! :)

JackieHollow
11-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Got my weight in today. Not where I wanted, but i knew it wouldn't be. But it is 2 lbs, so I refuse to feel bad. I want my big whoosh and it just isn't happening. LOL

Rochester.. TY! :)

Bigmid.. I really need to start my exercise back up. It's hit and miss for me. I manage it a couple times a week but that's about it.

Hi gypsy!

good luck to the blue team today!!!

Bigmid
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone dont forget depending what time zone you are in you may have to post your weight earlier tonight. It makes it 3 hrs difference here compared to 2
I just posted my weight on my phone and it deleted my last 2 weights so I will be fixing those later so if you see my edit time you'll know why. But I did already post today's on time
I'm off to watch a friends son play hockey so I wont be doing totals til later......but please WI on time. Thanks
Also I took the difference between yesterday loss and this mornings bloat gain to come up with my WI this week. Felt to guilty to use yesterdays:).
TTYL

lolcat
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
hey, everyone.... still no computer, it's so difficult to find one I can use...
At work they have any site considered a forum blocked, so no go.
Sorry for not posting a loss. It's been a bad week.... next week will be better.
Goodness, I barely made the cut off time today, ten minutes to go. Yipes!

NancyO
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Oops! Totally forgot to post my weight today! And I lost 2lbs too! Had a good week, exercised almost every day and ate really well today. So I weighed in yesterday morning, since I had a 7AM staff meeting today and wasn't sure I'd remember to weigh in beforehand, but figured I'd see if I remember today before I posted. And then after all that I forgot to post it on time!

But it was a beautiful day today, helped my dad put up the Christmas lights (won't turn them on till Dec 1 though) and then went for a walk in the sunshine. Hope this weather keeps up right through the rest of the year!

Have a great night everyone!