Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 7 (11/1-11/7)

shan84
10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Here we go team! Another week. Keep up the good work. Will post results soon. Unfortunately, we lost another 3 members tonight.

CanadaMel
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Awe, sorry to hear we lost more members :(
Though I understand when life gets in the way.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

Shan-looks like the food delivery agrees with you! Happy 1y anniversary to you & the bf!!!

shan84
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Hey Mel,

Thanks! I'm going to change my avatar now. He sent me some gorgeous flowers to school today. Tonight he has planned an evening out. I'm excited!

Hope you have a great start to the week.

julie99s
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Aww, too bad we lost more members.

Have fun on your night out shan. And way to go on your loss!

Halloween got the best of me. I'm still trying to drag myself out. At least I'm still going to the gym. I maintained, which is better than a gain. Oh well.

sha25
11-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone..

Sad we lost some more red team members... I'm still here, in a bit of a fog.. We lost a dear friend on thurs of last week. That's why I haven't been posting much..

I caved yesterday into some Halloween treats yesterday. Not much, one recces peanut butter cup and a small slice of cake for a friends birthday. I gave up sugar back in May, and let me tell you after I ate it I literally felt sick.. Hmmm, it stunk but I learned a valuable lesson..

Hope everyone is off to a great new week...

TERAPET
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
sha25-Sorry for your loss.

julie99-Thankfully Halloween is over. Now is the time to get a handle on things before the eating fest in a few weeks, right?!

shan84-Your flowers are very pretty. Enjoy your special day.

Angie
11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Shan - Very nice flowers! Happy Anniversary :)

Sha -- I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend. :hug:

Hi everyone else :wave:

shan84
11-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Our week 6 results:

Team percentage and lbs lost -16.4lbs, -.42%

Biggest Loser:
shan84, -8.5lbs, -3.11%

Honorable mention:
Angie, -4.2lbs, -1.78%

Great job team! Let's keep it up this week!!

Angie
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Good job Shan -- That new plan is working for you!

shan84
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Angie- Thanks! Yeah I would say its working for me for sure. Still dropping weight this week too.

I don't expect huge numbers each week. I am going to be happy with just a steady loss each week. This week I'm going back to the gym too, so should be good.

Bigmid
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Results are posted....
Congratulations Red Team for winning week 6 and congrats to shan for being the over BL for week 6
Keep up the good work

Aclai4067
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the extended MIA, I don't know where my head was. I had a bit of a gain during my absence and used both freebies, so hopefully I can do well enough this week to post a no-gain. I think a loss from my last weigh-in is pretty close to out of the question. My wellness competition at work started Monday, so I have some extra incentives for my healthy choices.

I hope everyone's having a great week. I'll try to be around more.

shan84
11-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Aclai- Welcome back! Hope the challenge goes well at work.

Congrats to the team for winning the week 6 weigh in!

Hope everyone is having a good week. It's awful quiet on here this week. :)

Today's question: Paint a picture for us with your words. If you look outside a window in your house, what do you see?

Serval87
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm eliminated or not. I know there's no excuse, but I've been in a real daze here lately. I had insomnia all last week, and was kind of in a groggy daze. I've also been binging on halloween candy, so I don't care so much. I'm not doing good at all, anyway.

KimL1214
11-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Today's question~ Right now it's the blah time of year in Vermont. Gray skies cover dark brown, almost black bare trees. Only the pine trees and the grass still hold their green. The apple trees to the right still have bright red apples, but no leaves. There's a small stream just past a long line of reddish yellow leaved blueberry bushes. The dirt road that runs along the width of our property kicks up dusty dirt as cars whiz down it, way too FAST. If I really stretch my neck, I can see snow on top of the mountain, I wish it would make its way down to where we are, so the gray dreariness would disappear.
Other then that, nothing exciting... not that that stuff is exciting. I live half way up a mountain, and fall is such a boring time of year once the leaves have fallen.

shan84
11-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Serval- I emailed you. You are still in it. You have used two freebies. You have to weigh in every week from now til finish. You can choose to stay in it, or if you want to go as an unofficial member you can. Hang in there! You can do it!

Serval87
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Okay, thanks. I was confused. My sleeping pattern is slowly returning to that of a normal person's. lol. I've even been cooking too! Usually I make hubby do it, because I'm afraid of messing it up ... also, I'm VERY lazy.

shan84
11-06-2010, 04:53 AM
How's everyone doing this week?

I'm feeling a little sunkissed tonight but wanted to check in. I went for my four hour walk from one town to the next by myself today. A HUGE step forward for me doing something like that alone. I enjoyed myself but I messed up a little by having too little water and not enough morning calories before I went. When I came home I was extremely weak and light headed, but after having some lunch and getting in some more water I felt much better. Lesson learned for next time though.

What's everyone up to this weekend??

TERAPET
11-06-2010, 07:22 AM
shan84-I did a similar thing this last summer except I climbed a mountain alone! (small mountain) I had to call my son to come rescue me. He is such a good kid. Thankfully the cell phone worked. I haven't been up there since. I will sometime but not by myself!

Sorry I have not posted much lately. Weekdays are too short now that I am working again. Especially when my husband is traveling and not cooking for me! I am going to try to be more active on here this week. I have decided I want to take off another five pounds. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do lately and felt like the pounds were coming off too fast. Never dreamed I'd say that. It is weird but for me it really does take some getting used too. I haven't been at this size for at least fifteen years and even then it was for a very short time. It is all good though.

My DD is having a rough week at her college. She chose this school to study under a certain professor and this week he called her and the other members of her study group immature. It had to do with another member crying to the grad instructor about scheduling difficulties which the grad instructor passed on to the professor. The professor actually sought the group out when they were meeting and called them on the carpet basically for making one member cry. My daughter was floored and then devastated. I told her maybe her professor is not the hero she made him out to be. I know my daughter, she has a lot to learn (thus college) but she is the most responsible, grounded and mature young person I know. Her group mate however is not. Apparently the professor has a bit to learn himself. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better. :)

tambolina
11-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi all! Sorry been away so much. I am in charge of a large fundraiser and it is only a couple of weeks away so I am putting huge amounts of hours in. I worked 14 hours on Thursday, 13 yesterday and I have to work all day today and tomorrow. I have been sticking to plan and running around like a chix with the head cut off. Last weekend was the last weekend before the event that I had to relax so we had some fun but I am already exhausted and ready for it to be over.

Serval87
11-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I am trying to cut out processed food, grain, and dairy from my diet, but it hasn't been working out so good. Thankfully the last of the halloween candy is gone. Then again, our anniversary is tomorrow, and we bought this chocolate bar to share for dessert. It's 60% cacao. I will also be making these cheesy stuffing balls that have cranberries and walnuts in them, and these fish fillets that are covered in seasoning (slightly processed, but at least it's fish). Then it's back to the diet.

Speaking of the diet, for the past few days I've been making wilted spinach and salmon for our meals (the last one we had two pieces of beef bacon each with it). Hubby seems to like it okay. It's kind of a paleo, whole foods kind of diet (except for the bacon. Apparently there's no such thing as organic bacon in kroger).

shan84
11-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Don't forget to weigh in today!

TERAPET
11-07-2010, 05:48 AM
tambolina-Wow, what kind of event are you planning? Sounds intense. I have not been involved in any kind of volunteering since my youngest graduated high school. It has been nice to take a break and concentrate on other things (like my house and yard and weight!) However, I am starting to think it is time to do something like that again.

Serval-You have ambitious plans. Good luck with your new dietary guidelines.

tambolina
11-07-2010, 06:45 AM
I work for the American Red Cross and our annual fundraiser is a tour of homes. Approximately 3000 pepper attend every year and I have to coordinate 350+ volunteers. We go through 5 homes that are professionally decorated by 2 or more companies. So it takes a ton of time. During the event we do an exclusive dinner with live music, a live auction, and the tour. We. Also have a silent auction and raffle so I have been calling and picking up items. It is a four day whether so just craziness for me the 2 weeks leading up to and during the event.:fr:

shan84
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
No change for my weigh in this week but I'm ok with that since I had such a huge loss last week. Hope everyone has a great Sunday evening. Get your weigh ins posted before 10pm AST. Cheers!

Serval87
11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Thank you, TERAPET. :) Today is our anniversary and it feels like I could eat the entire house. I don't know what my problem is. I've had two meals already, but am considering having dinner earlier. For breakfast hubby made a huge pan of venison, peppers, and onions, and we rolled that in lettuce. I ate like four of those (can we say pig?). lol. Then, a few hours later I was hungry again, and had a large salad with a handful of lettuce, several pieces of carrot, a can of tuna, and some horseradish mustard. So, I shouldn't be feeling so hungry. :(

sha25
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I used a freebie this week. I don't know where I am because I haven't gotten on the scale for awhile. I've been on plan, just going through some hard things for the last week and a half. Sorry I haven't been posting. I am going to try working on getting my head back in the zone for this week.

Hope everyone is doing well..

Aclai4067
11-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Eeek. Almost forgot to weigh-in on time! Had a busy weekend. My sister's engagement party was last night, so my parents were in town and there was a lot to do to get ready for it. I had some poor food choices but kept the portions small. This work challenge is really helping to keep myself in check. One of the things we get points for is eating 5 fruit and/or veg a day. I've never really consistently done that before. I usually eat 1 to 3, maybe 4 on a good day. It keeps you full so you don't go crazy when faced with temptations. I also have to work out 5 days a week for the competition, which got my butt in the gym tonight despite REALLY not feeling like it. All of the points in this competition are based on the honor system, so it's very possible to just cheat. But I refuse to lie my way to a sweet vacation. I want to earn it! I just hope everyone else is as honest.

Anyhow, I posted a gain :rolleyes: But it's actually a loss from my two freebie weeks. I'll be back down next week. Happy weigh-in ladies!