Chicks up for a Challenge - November Weight Loss Challenge

View Full Version : November Weight Loss Challenge

Ms Perception
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Fall is here, so let's watch the pounds fall off!! ;)

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise related goals. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/216184-november-exercise-challenge.html . We love to hear about your success, as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best. So, let's get started!

Ms Perception
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Okay all. I am committed to yet another fresh start. My goals for November are: Log food daily and Reach 141 lbs. I've been a mess, but I know I can do better than this!

cherbear
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
I'll join!

My goals are:

Get to 145 pounds
No pop
Track food everyday

Jeni
10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, so this is my first challenge.

My goal is 173 pounds.

JLNichols07
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
My goal for November is:
No Cokes
Reach 170 lbs

Wildflower
10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Goals for November -

Get to 136 lbs
Start running once or twice a week
Make it to yoga at least once per week
Weight lift twice per week
Stay at 1500 calories per day

VickieLou
10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
My Goals for November: SW: 251 GW: 241

Lose 10 LBS.

Read the rest of The Beck Diet.

penmage
10-31-2010, 10:32 PM
My goals for November:

1) cut out diet sodas
2) lose 6.5 pounds (get to 170)
3) no snacking after 8:00pm

anna78
10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
SW 261.4
CW 261.4
GW 256.4

My Nov. goal is to lose 5 lbs.
To log calories.

Kismet89
11-01-2010, 12:02 AM
My goals for November...

Lose 12.5 lbs (298).
Log calories daily.
Remember my water.

luckymommy
11-01-2010, 01:13 AM
My goal for November: Lose 10 lbs. I weighed in at 181.4 today. I'd like to get to 171.4. That would surely be nice!

susiemartin
11-01-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm ready to lose some more weight:)

Thankfully November historically isn't a really bad month for me. Believe it or not Thanksgiving is not a big deal. Christmas is another story........
I've changed goals and weight for my personal New Year's Day challenge. I don't think I'll manage under 200 by New Year's Day. October was a serious setback for me. But I'm a good one for picking myself up, dusting off and getting back in the saddle.

My goals for November:
Weigh Daily& Post Weight
Weight Loss Goal - 12.6 lbs (223.0)

I'm retaining tons of water this morning. I ate seafood salad yesterday with fake crab meat. The sodium in it always makes me gain 2 -4lbs overnight so my starting weight is higher than normal.
My starting weight is 235.6

Here's to a great month :carrot:

My Michelle
11-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Ready, set, go! A whole new month!

SW: 156.6

I'd like be 150 by November 30, so that is a goal of losing 6.6 pounds. Exercise at least 5 days a week.

I'm going to try to add ONE off-plan meal for the month (Thanksgiving). This will be my first "off-plan meal" since I started losing weight and the goal is to not overeat or binge on that day, but to eat some off-plan type foods (pie, mashed potato, stuffing) in moderation then get right back on plan. Very experimental, and I really hope if I plan, plan, plan I can do it!

Let's do it chickies!

starbrite
11-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Okily dokily - 10 lbs please for me in November ! Not sure how I'm going to fare as I lost 14 in October :)

Lewisempire
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok,
New start, Lets get serious!
My Novemeber goals......
1> Weigh 200 pounds_ (loss of 9.2 pound)
2> Cut out Diet colas
I noticed several of you cutting out the soda, and I have been meaning to try this, no timelike the present. Especially with some buddies to do it with. I am going to go make some tea right now. good luck to us all.

Ms Perception
11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
November Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

Ms Perception: Log food daily, Reach 141 lbs, Read a diet/nutrition book
cherbear: Reach 145 lbs, No pop, Track food daily
Jeni: Reach 173 lbs
JLNichols07: No Cokes, Reach 170 lbs
Wildflower: REach 136 lbs, Stay at 1500 cals/day
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Finish reading The Beck Diet
penmage: Cut out diet sodas, Lose 6.5 lbs, No snacking after 8 p.m.
anna78: Lose 5 lbs, Log calories
Kismet89: Lose 12.5 lbs, Log calories daily, Remember your water
luckymommy: Lose 10 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 12.6 lbs, Weigh daily and post weight
My Michelle: Reach 150 lbs
starbrite: Lose 10 lbs
Lewisempire: Reach 200 lbs, Cut out diet colas

Ms Perception
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone! Starting weight for November: 148.6 :(

Welcome to all you who've joined this thread. I see lots of new faces! Let me encourage you to subscribe to the thread and report back regularly and let us know how you're doing. Also, I wanted to mention to those who are new: I don't put exercise goals in this thread's goal list. You're welcome to also join the sister thread to this one which is the November Exercise thread where you can post exercise related goals. We discuss both topics on both threads, but it keeps the goals lists a little more manageable this way. We're thrilled to have you on either or both threads as we make the changes we need to get healthy!

I know Ocotber was a disaster for me (gained almost 5 lbs), but what's passed is past. Today is what counts. I'm personally giving myself a 7 day OP challenge. During the next 7 days we will have company over twice, but I am determined to stay OP for one full week and start this month out right! Anyone want to join me?

LE - I had also considered joining the "no soda" group, but I've been so off plan, I want to sort of get my bearrings before I commit to giving up my one guilty pleasure...diet pop. Maybe next month. ;)

susiemartin - I like your idea of daily posting your weight. I think I will also post my weight everyday that I check-in. That way I can stay more accountable for it. I won't make it a goal, but it'll be a good habit to get into.

shoeless
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi there, I'm a little late, but please may I join? I want to lose 10lbs this month (starting weight 193) and also I want to drink LOTS more water. 2L / day.

Hope that's OK! Right, I'm off to the exercise thread...

X

I am worth it
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I'd like to join! I gained 5lbs in October too. :( My goals are to eat more vegetables and less sugar, and get back to ticker weight of 137.

My starting weight is 141.4

RockinAsh
11-01-2010, 11:34 AM
My goals for November:

Exercise 3 days/weekly
allow only one "cheat" day a week on diet.
lose 10 lbs (cw: 218)

TheBunneh
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm finally back on track after a completely atrocious September, and an October spent mostly just trying to get back on track.My long-term goal now is to be OP for an entire year. I'm NOT going to mess up again. If I lose just three pounds a month for the next year I can make my goal weight and then some. I have to go back to what I was doing when I first started losing, and lost consistently. Slow, steady, and simple.

So my goal for November is just to get back to 175lbs before I visit my brother for Thanksgiving (so before the 21st). And to have at least maintained that when I get back.

zoochick777
11-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd like to join. My goal for November is to lose 7 pounds and to average 1500 calories per day.

SW: 183.6
GW: 176.6

eclipse
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I've missed the last couple of months on this thread, but I've been doing great. My goal will be to reach 177.

Staring weight:183.2
Goal weight:177

niitebug
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I would like to join! My goals are:
(1) log my food intake
(2) 30 minutes of exercise 5/7 days this week
(3) lose 7 lbs by Dec. 1st

urockmom
11-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I would like to join in for November. I definitely need the accountability having been sliding backwards for the last 4 months.

My goals for November are 7 pounds and to check in everyday.

Let's get going gals! :carrot:

tigga
11-01-2010, 01:07 PM
November goal 5 lbs

MysticBliss
11-01-2010, 02:14 PM
HI everyone, I'd like to join too. My goal is to lose 8 lbs this month and to diligently log all of my food and water intake.

SW: 270.2

energie
11-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Goal this month: lose 8 pounds

toastedsmoke
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
My goals for November are:
1.) to lose 10 lbs. (MAIN GOAL)
SW: 219
GW: 209

2.) to start taking my vitamin supplements diligently.

3.) to work out at least 1200 minutes for the month.

LouisaH
11-01-2010, 09:46 PM
My goal for November is to reach 145. Should be doable, but we're getting into the fat season...

I had hoped to step on the scales today and see 150 or below, but instead I saw 152. Grrr. So my goal is to lose 7 pounds. It's my birthday week (the 7th), and at my age you get at least the week before and the week after to celebrate, so this does not bode well for the old diet...There is rumcake and homemade ice cream sandwich in my future. I am planning to make all the celebrations dance parties, so hopefully I'll be able to at least burn off the alcohol calories! Wish me luck, chicklets.

Go vote!

emthompson
11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd like to join in! I'd like to lose at least 8 lbs in Novemeber. This is my first challenge, so this is pretty big for me! :)

Ms Perception
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
November Goal List

Kismet89: Lose 12.5 lbs, Log calories daily, Remember water
shoeless: Lose 10 lbs, Drink 2L water daily
I am worth it: Eat more vegetables and less sugar, Get back to 137 lbs
RockinAsh: One cheat day/week, Lose 10 lbs
TheBunneh: Reach 175 lbs by 11/21 and maintain
zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs, Avg 1500 cals/day
eclipse: Reach 177 lbs
niitebug: Log food intake, Lose 7 lbs
urockmom: Lose 7 lbs, Check in daily
tigga: Lose 5 lbs
MysticBliss: Lose 8 lbs, Log food and water intake
energie: Lose 8 lbs
toastedsmoke: Lose 10 lbs, Start taking vitamin supplements diligently
LouisaH: Reach 145 lbs
emthompson: Lose at least 8 lbs
Imtrying2: No fast food
tttellier: Lose 8 lbs, Keep daily food journal
gypsychic: Lose 10 lbs, Eat adequate proteins/build lean muscle

Ms Perception
11-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Welcome all the newest joiners! Looks like we're all trying to get a leg up on the holidays.
I'm happy to report day #1 OP has gone pretty well, but I've had a nagging sugar withdrawal headache....stupid sugar!

Imtrying2
11-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I hope it is not too late to join. I need accountability as well. My goal is excercise at least 5 days a week. NO fast food, especially fried chicken and McDonald's sweet tea.

tttellier
11-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I would love to join also! I started my diet and exercise this morning. My goal is to lose 8 lbs in November, exercise 5 days a week, and keep a daily food journal. I really need this accountability and will post my weight whenever I log in. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

gypsychic
11-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Count me in too..

My goal is to hopefully drop 10lbs, eating adequate proteins and build lean muscle simultaneously

sw:249
gw:239 or less

My Michelle
11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Louisa - Rum cake and homemade ice cream, wow, that sounds fantastic! With dancing! What a great way to celebrate!

Welcome to all the new folks! We're going to have a fantastic November!

I've had a background headache for the last two days that is making me very cranky. Hopefully today it will fade. I've been on plan with both food and exercise, though it is certainly not as enjoyable to exercise with a headache.

I'm off to vote, I hope everyone has a great ON PLAN Tuesday!

Lewisempire
11-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Good morning ladies!
yay one day down, and todays all planned out! It is sooo much easier that way. Looks like we have a lot of November challenge chicks, Welcome everyone! Let's have a great month.

I am super busy this morning, so can't sit here long! I Hope everyone exercises their freedom today and VOTE! GOD Bless America.

susiemartin
11-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Yesterday was OP :) and today I have a headache from coming off the sugar and junk :( Hopefully it will pass soon.
I lost 5.2 lbs. since yesterday morning (235.6) to 230.4 . Spent all yesterday peeing gallons. Needless to say I'm carb sensitive.

Planning an OP day. Off to vote & buy more paint for my kitchen.
Hope your day is a good one!

tttellier
11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Had a OP yesterday... and it paid off with 2 lb loss!!! So excited! Off to vote and grocery shop then hit the gym.

Ms Perception
11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Alright, well the nagging headache from yesterday is pretty much gone. I forgot to weigh myself this morning which is a bummer since I should've showed a nice loss. I've gotten out of the habit of daily weighing (too depressing when I'm gaining!) so it may take me a few days to get back into the habit. We'll see what tomorrow holds. Tonight we have some friends coming over for supper which will be fun. I just have to remember not to overdo anything. I want to make it through day #2 OP!!
I, too, am off to vote and then pick up the kids. It's a good day for freedom!

gypsychic
11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
today was a wonderful day op.! ate well.. had enough water & proteins :D
and m trying to build up my flexibility by adding power yoga to my everyday routine.! and i hope to build it up by an hour everyday :)
today was my first day of yoga , lasted 15 mins lol.! big achievement for me :D

AbstractSilver
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow, I really fell off the wagon the last week or so... and gained 3 lbs. But hey, it is a new month and a new start.

Start Date: November 3rd (I know, a little late... I binged the first two days of November which I deeply, deeply regret... Well, it's never too late to make a change for the better.)

Weight Goal:
My goal is to get OUT of the 190's!
Excercise Goal
1:Excercise EVERY day, no matter how big or small. I will fit SOMETHING in, even if it is just a walk around the block or one segment of a 10 minute solutions video.
2:Another excercise goal is to do an hour of fast-paced walking three times a week.
Food Related Goals:
1-No soda or energy drinks of any kind
2-No candy (must... resist... left over halloween candy...)
3-No fast food (oh my god this is going to be difficult.)

TheBunneh
11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
OP today and yesterday. I was really tired today and let myself have a lower intensity workout. Yesterday I did 40 minutes of step aerobics with two risers instead of just my normal one (so eight inches instead of four) and I'm still a little worn out from that. But I'm proud I got through it!

My eating has been awesome so far. I just need to keep at it and not get lazy.

Oh, and I'm in love with a food processor. I just bought the Ninja from Bed Bath & Beyond and it is wonderful. I need to be more careful when handling the blades though. I have tiny little cuts all over my hands now. :( The embarrassing part is I didn't realize what was causing them until just now! :dizzy:

LouisaH
11-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Good evening. Sounds like the headache fairy has been making her rounds. She's still sitting right between my eyes and it's making me weary.

I was down one pound to 151 today, and was pretty good on my calorie allotment today, plus Tom is packing his bags, so hopefully I will be seeing one forty something within a few days. I'm worried though because there is a lot of potential overeating and drinking in my week ahead. I'm trying to plan two different dinner dance parties at my house both Friday and Saturday nights (I like cooking for my own birthday), so I have to make sure I make something low-cal that I can fill up on.

Really, I'll be lucky to maintain. And I'll be happy. In fact, this will be the happiest birthday I've had in a long time, having given myself the present of losing weight and being thinner than I have been in almost 30 years (junior high, I think). Couldn't have done it without this group of awesome chicklets--thanks for listening to my babble during my journey!

Lewisempire
11-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Check in time for me! Happy Morning everyone!
Louisa, did I read it right? are you a November baby too? Mine is the 20th of this month, when is yours? Happy Birthday!:woo:
Today is also my DH birthday, Luckily he has requested shrimp for dinner Yay! I can stay on plan with that. Gotta run for now chickies, hope everyone has a great day.

susiemartin
11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Sounds like the headache fairy has been making her rounds. She's still sitting right between my eyes and it's making me weary.

Yes indeed - she' s doing her thing. I've had a headache for over 2 days :( , and have lost 9 lbs. since Monday (mostly water). I weigh 226.6 this morning.

I read somewhere that the medical explanation for a "diet headache" is fluctuations in insulin levels.
That is, the headache comes as a result of your body adjusting to a lower level of circulating insulin (a good thing).

So after the kind of bingeing I've been doing with candy & cookies I shouldn't be surprised.

When I really get into the sugar stuff, that's all I will eat - exclusive of other foods . So going back to "clean eating" is bound to affect me.
I sure I hope I ditch this headache today.

I'm planning on an OP day & probably a nap (didn't sleep well).

Hope your day is a good one :)

urockmom
11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
OK, so one of my goals was to check in everyday and I already blew it yesterday, Nov. 2! ;) It was just a crazy day and every time I sat down at the computer something happened to pull me off. I was thinking of you gals though, so maybe that counts!

Had a kind of iffy food day yesterday. For some reason I was just really, really hungry all day.... probably hormones. Hopefully today will be better. Going to be OP and kickin' butt! :strong:

tttellier
11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Had a great day yesterday....and down 1.5 lbs! Plan on eating good today but will have to work out at home vs the gym today.

Wildflower
11-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! Just a quick check in this morning before I run off to a meeting here at work.

Weighed in this morning at 143.6 - so no loss or gain. I'll weigh again on Saturday or Sunday, hopefully I will be down a pound by then.

Stayed at 1500 calories yesterday. Monday I was at 1500 but later that night ended up feeling really sick and ate a lot of saltines. I resisited getting some sprite or ginger ale though...just stuck with water and saltines but went about 200 calories over plan.

So far this week, 1700, 1500.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Goforit24
11-03-2010, 11:41 AM
My goal for nov 30 is 125

zoochick777
11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone! The past few days have gone pretty well food wise, but I have not been able to get in any exercise and have not been drinking enough water. My weight yesterday was 182.2, down 1.4 pounds from the previous day, so at least I'm starting to lose some water weight. I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I was at 1310 calories yesterday

Ms Perception
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
November Goal List

AbstractSilver: Get out of the 190's, No soda/energy drinks, No candy, No fast food
Goforit24: Reach 125 lbs
ruth135: Lose 7 lbs
Hopeful8: Reach 144 lbs, No diet soda

Ms Perception
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
:welcome: newbies! Good to have you with us.. It's never too late to start this thread!

I did it! Day #2 OP. I did have dessert last night when the friends were over, but just one reasonable helping as planned. :D So glad to have 2+ days OP. It's been too long since I've accomplished that simple feat!
On the other hand, I once again forgot to weigh myself this morning. What's up with that?! I really wanted to see my resluts! I was in the buff right before my shower, about to weigh and I noticed a jagged nail, so I got distracted and got out the nail clipers and trimmed the nail and forgot about weighing myself...what a dork! Anyway, I know I've made good progress, because I figured I'd weigh myself once I remembered (fully clothed, after breakfast) and I was 148.6. So, I figure I'm probably down a good pound or 2 from the start of the month. I really hope I remember to find out for sure tomorrow. I feel great about how I've started this month. Unfortunately, staying consistent and finishing well have been more my problem. Not this month, though. I'm going to be on here much more often and stay accountable for my progress...once I remember to weight myself, of course! ;)

Ms Perception
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
LE-Happy b-day to DH! That was nice of him to choose such a healthy protein for the meal! Mine usually wants some buffet or "treat" meal! LOL

LouisaH-Which day is your actual b-day? Did you say the 7th? I'm a firm believer in celebrating as much as possible, too. We should certainly celebrate our lives! Now, just remember all your hard work, so keep the dancing up and the cocktails and food in line with your activity and you're golden. You're good at that usually. I'm not much of a dancer, so I can't get away with quite as much "celebrating". ;)

susiemartin-Holy sugar headache, Batman! 9 pounds?!? That's incredible! I'm also quite the fluctuater with being off plan. Some people go up a pound. I can go up 5 overnight if I eat an off plan supper. I mean it comes off in a few days, but WOW. At least you know it's mainly carbs that do it to you. You're only a few pounds from November goal! Keep up the good work and that headache will have to move on. Makes sense about the insulin. I'd consumed unusually high amounts of sugar the last couple days of October, so I knew that was the likely culprit for me too.

urockmom-Good to still have you with us. There has to be a little wiggle room to make mistakes or to have a busy day. Maybe you could allow yourself to miss 4 days for the month or something. Hope your days a little less plagued by hunger today. I'm usually like that about a week before TOM. Definitely due to hormones then.

tttellier-You're making nice progress already! How's the food journal coming along? That can be a challenging habit for me, but I'm trying it again this month.

Wildflower-The saltines were probably a good idea. There are times when we need to think about the big picture for our bodies and you did just that. I hope you're feeling 100% today and I know you'll see some scale progress soon!

ruth135
11-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Chickies!

I'm a little late joining in, I've been meaning to but I've been so busy the last couple of days and I kept forgetting.
I gained 10lbs back during July and August and have been trying to get them off since September.

My goal for November is to lose 7lbs which is kinda steep for me but I really want to get back to where I was in June.

My starting weight was 170.8 and today I'm 170.2. I've been OP but TOM is not letting the weight go very easily

Hopeful8
11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Hopefully it's not too late to join. With vacation and lots of work trips my weight loss has been stalled and I need to kick it in to high gear once again. My goal for the end of the month is to be at 144lbs. I need to cut out the diet soda as well. Not sure what my problem is but lately I've been allowing myself 1 can/day. It stops right now. No more diet soda and down to 144.

SW- 152.0
GW- 144.0

tttellier
11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Ms Perception: congrats on two OP days! I know the feeling. I've been telling myself for about a year that I wanted to lose this weight. I would be good for like a blink of an eye then give up or give in to temptation. I've been doing good with my food journal....keeping track of food and calories along with exercise. Can't wait to hear how your weigh-in goes!
Ruth: Welcome! My TOM just snuck up...so I'll see how it goes tomorrow. Good luck to both of us!

eclipse
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I spent the day walking around Sea World in ridiculously hot weather, today. I drank a lot of water, but I'm still feeling dehydrated. They had no good choices, really, for food - so I ended up with a burger and fries for lunch. Sigh. I'm still totally stuffed, though, so i doubt I'll eat dinner - maybe that will half make up for it. I'm expecting to be up weight wise in the morning, if for no reason other than feeling dehydrated and what I'm sure was a massive sodium content in my lunch.

Ms Perception
11-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Day #3 down! I'm so proud of myself. I realize it's just 3 days, but each day is a wonderful celebration of getting back on track. I plan to report my progress tomorrow.

Another accomplishment today was FINALLY doing some formal strength training. I just did a little to get back into the routine I was doing last winter. I did one set of each exercise to check weights. It's baby steps in the right direction....

TheBunneh
11-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Today has been rough, and I've had to fight hard not to give into emotional eating, but I'm still OP. Today was a rest day from exercise but I did do a little yoga.

MsP - Good for you! Keep it up!

tttellier
11-03-2010, 11:43 PM
TheBunneh, Congrats on making it through the day... and extra exercise! I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

LouisaH
11-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Hey Chicklets, I'm pooped and can't wait to get in bed, but wanted to check in, and say good work to everyone sticking to plan and dropping the weight quickly.

I was hungry all day, and I didn't count any cals--it was sooo busy because we're short-staffed at work and there are so many stupid veggies to weigh and count, there just was no break. I'm sure I'm over my cals, but salads were involved with both meals, so I'm not feeling that guilty, and I was on my feet all day.

One of my worrisome dinner/dance parties this weekend is merging into the other one, so that's a relief--only one night of debauchery. Yes MSP and LE, my birthday is on Sunday--don't know the plan for the actual day. It usually includes breakfast in bed, which will have to take place after my exercise!

No change in my weight this morning, still 151, and I'm crossing my fingers that I didn't screw up too badly today. We'll see what tomorrow brings! Oh...tomorrow is a beer dinner I'm going to. I'll mostly stay away from the beer, but the food will be divine. I'll go easy and make DH eat some of it.:crossed:

susiemartin
11-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Check In Time

My headache is finally gone :carrot: and I feel like myself again!

Yesterday was OP and my weight is up 1lb this morning. I suppose that means I'm stabilizing and ready to lose some real weight and not just excess water from recent binging.

I'm planning an OP day with a long walk.

Lewisempire
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
good morning ladies!
I was oh so naughty yesterday, but I will put that down as Pms cravings/birthday celebrations and get back on track! It is raining here today, so I guess it is the nordic track for me today!

Hope you all have great days!

Ms Perception
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM
No formal exercise yet, but today has been good so far. My breakfast was questionable, as it always is on Thursdays, but it's OP since it is my normal and planned Thursday breakfast. It just always means lunch is lighter to even it out.
Well...I finally remembered to weigh in today! 145.4 was the magical number. :D I'm down just over 3 pounds which is fantastic. I'm glad to see the early progress and know I've made changes that are working. I still feel no motivation for exercise which is phenominal considering what I'd been doing up until last month. I enjoy it at the time, but getting started is tough at times. Seems like I'm busier now and don't want to give up my little bit of leisure time to do formal exercise. I'm thankfully a pretty active person in general, so it's not like I'm lounging on the couch all day or sitting at a desk. I'll just keep doing the baby steps and remind myself I want to look toned, not just thin.

Ms Perception
11-04-2010, 01:53 PM
November Goal List

Wildflower: Reach 136 lbs, Stay at 1500 cals/day
AbstractSilver: Get out of the 190's, No soda/energy drinks, No candy, No fast food

ruth135
11-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Ladies,
Yesterday was OP and I was down a bit this morning, back down in the 160s so that is good. So far eating today has been good.
Hopefully I'll be going on my walk/jog with DH in a few minutes when he gets home. It's so much easier and funner when he exercises with me :-)

LouisaH
11-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Checking in before bed. The food at the beer dinner tonight was phenomenal--6 courses with four separate and unique little courses in each (a grains course, with quinoa, barley, faro and bulgar, a seafood course with scallop, conch, oyster and clam, a veggie course with squash, sunchoke, cauliflower and greens, a potato course, a meat course and a dessert course--I won't torture you with all the details). OMG, it was amazing. Thankfully I got in a good workout this morning and was busy busy busy at work.

The scales read 150 even today--down a pound from yesterday. Let's hope I didn't screw up too badly tonight. I think I'll be saying that a lot the next few days...

Happy Friday everyone! I have a birthday lunch with friends tomorrow, then the birthday dinner dance party (I'm cooking Moroccan, yum!). I'll try to check in tomorrow night, but it's not likely.

susiemartin
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Yesterday was OP. I'm planning for another OP day today.

MysticBliss
11-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Checking in for the first time in a couple days. I'm up 2 lbs in ONE day!! Yikes. Its pretty frustrating since I had a really good eating day yesterday. Maybe I need even more water and to watch my salt intake? Ugh.

TheBunneh
11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
OP yesterday, and had a great workout. I was 176.2 this morning, so close to 175! Maybe I can even get 174 before I leave for my brother's.

MysticBliss - I hate when weight fluctuates like that! But there's no way you actually gained three pounds of fat over night. Like you said upping your water and watching salt is probably a good idea, but just don't pay too much attention to sudden gains if you know you've been on plan. So many things can affect weight temporarily.

Good job to all of you OP. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lewisempire
11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
G-morning girls, Happy Friday to all those with the weekend off!
I am workingthe weekend, so I will pray for peace! LOL
I was on plan yesterday, and have a good start today.
Louisa-MMMM-mmm it sounds like Top Chef at your house! I am wishing i was there! Happy Birthday to you! I am wishing some:dust: your way to be moderate in your choices! Birthdays are special!:hug:

Mysticbliss- there are lots of reasons for overnight gains, none of them are actually fat. You could be eating too much salt, you may have exercised and you muscles are holding on to some fluid to rebuild, or could be TOM knocking on your door. Stay on plan and you will see a spectacular WOOSH, I am sure of it!

Thebunneh-WTG, I am hoping for your 174! that would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Ruth13-You are a lucky girl to have a hubby that will exercise with you! I have a hit/miss exercising hubby. I usually have to disquise exercise with FUN activities like hiking, jet-skiing, or motorcycle riding. Hope you had a great workout!

SusieMartin-you go Girl!!!!!
MsP- Love it when the scale cooperates! LOL, we must just keep on keeping on!

Ms Perception
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Saw a whopping .2 lb drop...but it's a drop nonetheless! Anyway, another OP day...no binging or crazy eating. That's 4+ days now. I'm gonna make it the full week. I can do this. :)
Keep up the good work, ladies! I gotta go get stuff done. Make good choices this weekend!

ruth135
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Was POP yesterday but no change on the scale, stupid TOM.
I've done well so far today.

Lewisempire: DH is great but not always on the exercise kick, lol. He has been hit and miss a lot too.

tttellier
11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Was OP yesterday but no exercise as had killer headaches (not sure if it was diet induced or stress over my 4yo having a root canal. Unable to weigh this morning but OP all day....plus I had the best workout! Before today I was never able to run more than 5 minutes, today out of my 42 min on the treadmill I did a 5, 7, and 8 minute run. My new motivation is my husband coming home for a visit. I didn't tell him I was trying to lose weight (hoped to surprise him). He wasn't supposed to come until end month and now it's looking like the 11th......time to kick it in high gear!
Anyway, I will weigh in the morning. Hope everyone has a good and OP weekend!

penmage
11-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Hello all. Just checking in. I weighed in the other day and have lost 3.5 of the 6.5 pounds I wanted to lose this month. Been good on not snacking after 8pm. I cut out ALL sodas (diet and otherwise) and have had the mother of all headaches for about two days. Woohoo for caffeine withdrawals. :( Blah.

emthompson
11-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I've been doing wonderfully on the exercise portion of the challenge, but sucking royally on the weight loss. I chalk it up to a baby shower at maggianos, whose half order of garden salad still comes in at a whopping 500 calories. Still, I've managed to lose a pound, so I will be hitting the gym a little harder this upcoming week!

gypsychic
11-06-2010, 12:58 AM
well m down 1lb ! and i'm totally planning to be op today..

workout for today : yoga 30 mins, 45 min walk, p90x- legs&back +ab ripper x

sw: 249
current weight:248
gw: 239

susiemartin
11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Check In Time

tttellier - Hope that headache has gone bye -bye by now :)

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.
Hoping to finish painting my kitchen my this weekend (big kitchen) :cool:

Here's to a great weekend!

tttellier
11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Susie, thanks- headache is gone (Yeah!). Good Luck painting! I always love how big a change you can get for relative low cost of paint.

I was finally able to weigh this morning and am down another 1.5 pounds! I am hoping to maintain it, as tonight I am having dinner with a lot of friends. Dinner won't be bad, as we are having filet mignon. But there is always three desserts, and I have a sweet tooth (that I have been denying sugar all week). I am trying to plan the rest of my day (food and exercise) to make up for allowing small amounts of dessert. Hopefully, I will maintain my loss tomorrow.

Lewisempire
11-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Happy Saturday to all!
Just checking in this morning....... gotta make it quick before I head out to work BOOOOOOOO!
Yesterday was on-plan morning, two good work-outs, and so-so on plan evening. I will try harder today. I am battling with TOM cravings, so to maintain is good with me for now. Scale was the same this morning, so I am actually happy. We will see how today goes....... I am planning Subway for lunch, and taking fruit and beef jerkey for emergency snacks.
MsP- 0.2 is GREAT! You've got this. You can make it happen!
Ruth135- LOL, IF you are like me,I have learned even great men are not perfect, you have to take the good with the bad, to quote oneof my fav's "Stand by your man, after all he is just a man" My hubby hates that line, don't tell him I said it.;)

Lewisempire
11-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Oops sorry Tttelier- I didn't see your post there for some reason. Hope you are able to practice moderation with your choices tonight. It sounds Delish!

LouisaH
11-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Good morning chicklets. I know, it's after 3:30 in the afternoon, but for all my brain and body are worth right now, it feels like the crack of dawn. Last night's dinner was fabulous and a ton of fun, as well as a ton of calories. I did not really practice moderation, but my immoderate days are much more moderate than the way they used to be. I danced after dinner for hours, non-stop. Everyone else rested and took breaks to sit, but I only stopped to pee and fix another cocktail, lol! This morning was fun... It took me hours to muster the motivation to exercise, but I ate rum cake for breakfast and we're going to a movie (yes, popcorn, it's my birthday weekend) followed by sushi so I had to!

LE: sorry you have to work on Saturday--I need to, but probably won't, so I'll have to do some work on my birthday tomorrow--yuk, but oh well.

tttellier: good luck tonight. Small portions of dessert will be fine, and your sweet tooth will thank you, but tell it not to get any wise ideas. ;)

susiemartin: Yay, OP Girl is back in action! Good luck on the kitchen. You almost inspired me to do the color wash on the one wall in my dining room that was repainted with our kitchen remodel (we put a hole through the wall into the dining room, so they had to paint it, and now it looks terrible with the rest of the room looking like the beautiful Italian buildings). The inspiration passed though, thank goodness! lol.

MsP: I was at 150.6--up .6 pounds--and am happy it's not more, so that .2 pound loss is sounding pretty exciting to me right now! ;)

gypsychic: that sounds like an awesome workout! Good job on the pound loss.

emthompson: Eating a 500 calorie salad doesn't sound like it royally sucks to me, and neither does a one pound loss! It's not like you ate 500 calories in rum cake (like I did for breakfast, lol). Keep up the good work.

penmage: you are doing killer on the weight loss, congratulations! Sorry about the headaches, hope they go away soon.

ruth135 and LE: Guys are such jerks, aren't they (I mean TOM, lol). My husband will not exercise unless it's riding a bike or doing an activity he likes. He will dance, so that's fun, but we always say we're going to practice the swing dance bit at home and never do; that's why I always try to have dance parties. :D

TheBunneh: you are doing awesome, congratulations!

MysticBliss: sorry about the gain when it should have been a loss. I've read on this site someone saying they can gain as much as 12 pounds overnight if they overdo it on salt! :dizzy: So yeah, drink more water and count your blessings, lol! I'll bet it's gone already.

ruth135
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Chickies!
Down a pound this morning so I was happy about that. We did a lot of exercising last night so I'm sure that helped.
Today was a little off plan because we weren't home for most of the day but I think we made some good choices. Also went for a walk/run when we got home.

LE: yeah my guy has his flaws but he's probably as close to perfect as they come, but i may be a bit biased :)

Ms Perception
11-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Good night, ladies!
I'm up a pound today (146.2), but I'm not stressing since I've been OP. I may have to watch my evening snack and make sure it isn't undoing me since I'm pretty sedentary after the snack. Maybe it's not a good idea EVERY night. It hasn't been an issue in the past, but sometimes certain things set me off for a time, then I go back to "normal". As always (when OP), I'll keep an eye on it and make the appropriate adjustments. 6 days OP!
Tomorrow a family we're fiends with is coming over for lunch after church. We're getting pizzas since their kids are picky eaters and I cook with veggies a lot. It was the easy solution. Anyway, I love me a good pizza, so it'll be about moderation. Supper will be light to accomodate the heavier lunch, so I hope to at least even out back to ticker weight, otherwise I will adjust it to be accurate. That's the rule this month: Be honest and accountable!

WendyRN
11-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Ok, since I'm new to this and just got back to Weight Watchers last week, here's my goals... track everything I'm eating, follow all the healthy eating guidelines daily per WW, <175 at the end of the month, which would be >5.4 pounds lost this month.

Staying motivated! :hat:

Good luck to all of y'all this month!
Wendy

susiemartin
11-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Yesterday was OP - planning another today :)
My weight has stayed the same 224.8

I'm still painting the kitchen.
Ughhh...it's taking 3 coats :(

I'm going from extreme dark to very white.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/veme/PaintingTheKitchen.jpg

Next time I get a notion to paint a room with dark "dramatic" colors..please kick me :dizzy:

TERAPET
11-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Good Morning All,

I have been lurking this week since I didn't know what I wanted to do weight-wise this month. I have finally decided my goal is 137. Not much. I would actually love to be 135 but with the way I have been eating lately and with Thanksgiving around the corner, 137 is much more realistic and still might be difficult at that. I feel I have to set a goal. Lately I have been doing some backsliding with my eating and I am afraid I am going to gain if I don't have a "losing" mentality. I am actually pretty afraid of maintenance. In the past, I have not been able to maintain a healthy weight for more than 6 months.

Lewisempire
11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Good morning girls!
Can't hang out long, gotta work again today! Oh when will my "princess train come in?"
I am down a pound today, Yippee. Hope everyone stays focused on the goal, and Moderation, moderation, moderation. The weekends are toughest for me, especially when I work, so that is my Mantra will be.

I am worth it
11-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Okay, time to check in. I'm down .4 of a pound to 141. But I did lousy at eating more vegetables and less sugar last week. I have minimized my sugar access so hopefully it will be easier this week. :)

eclipse
11-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I had a slight gain from my low weight this week - until today. I dropped 1.4 lbs since yesterday morning. . .and AF showed up. I'm finally seeing a pattern with AF and I - stagnate or gain a tad in the week leading up to AF, and then BOOM! whoosh! So, hopefully over the next week or two I'll drop quickly, since that's been the pattern for the last couple of months.

Wildflower
11-07-2010, 01:21 PM
My last weigh in was 142 - down 1 lb.

Marniadec
11-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone! I've been really sick and haven't been exactly OP. I stayed barely within my calorie limit, but only because I couldn't eat, lol. I ate a lot of junk and I didn't drink a whole lot of water. I also haven't weighed myself at all. I don't think I've gained though. But I do feel pretty swollen. I'm going home and jumping back on the bandwagon tomorrow. I think I'll go for 5 pounds this month, since I lost 14 in October and I did badly the first week.

Ms Perception
11-07-2010, 10:55 PM
November Goal List

WendyRN: Track food, Follow WW healthy eating guidelines, Get under 175 lbs
TERAPET: Reach 137 lbs
Marniadec: Lose 5 lbs
freakumdress: Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Happy Birthday, LouisaH!

Hope everyone had a successful weekend. I did, which is saying something for me when pizza is involved! I'm still holding on to a mysterious pound, but hope it's gone tomorrow. If not, the ticker will be updated and I will continue to improve my foods and get that silly scale moving down again. I was so encouraged those first few days. I'd like to get back to that. The really encouraging thing is 1 full OP week! I even said no to an evening snack tonight since I wasn't hungry and didn't need it. Go me!

freakumdress
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I Would Like To Join

My weight loss goal is 5 lbs for this month.

I choose 5 lbs because it is realistic being that I have PCOS and have never set a monthly goal.

my current weight is 224.8

i want to get down to 219.8 by the end of the month.

LouisaH
11-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Hooo-eeey. I was up a pound this morning, and I did nothing resembling watching what I ate today. I exercised though, so hopefully I won't see another gain tomorrow. I didn't even attempt to count calories this weekend. Shame on me. Tomorrow is another day.

MsP: Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a lazy, happy day.

susiemartin
11-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.
Weight this morning was 223.2 :carrot:

Amazing what a week of OP eating will do after a month of not so great eating and some downright bingeing. I'm down 12.4 lbs in a week and almost to my November goal. I'll probably never see a loss like that again.

Hope you day is a good one!

freakumdress
11-08-2010, 08:28 AM
What Is Op Eating?

MysticBliss
11-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone! Checking in with a weight loss of 1 lb for the week. I officially weigh on on Mondays although I tend to weigh myself everyday anyway. I was a little disappointed with only a 1 lb weight loss but hey, its a loss right? Any loss is good! I'm going to continue making sure I get enough water and watch the salt intake.

TheBunneh
11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Bah. I've been OP but the scale went up a pound this morning. It might be because I got hardly any water to drink yesterday?

Oh well, I guess I just have to continue OP and wait for it to go back down. I know it will have to soon if I don't let it deter me.

susiemartin
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
What Is Op Eating?

It's short for ON PLAN or ON PROGRAM :)

freakumdress
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Oh ok......thank you...I'm new, still getting the hang of things...lol

Ms Perception
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
freakumdress-:welcome: Hope you find yourself at home here. We're a pretty friendly bunch!

I was bummed I forgot to weigh first thing this morning, but I weighed after breakfast and was 146.2, so I know that silly mystery pound I had "found" must have realized I wanted it to stay lost. LOL Obviously I would've weighed down closer to my ticker weight if I'd done it before food and drink. I gotta scoot. Going over to some friends' tonight. :)

Lewisempire
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Quick check in for today, I ran out of time this morning. I have been perfect on my plan today, problem is I had NO PLAN. I will have a plan tomorrow. Thanks ladies for all the support here!

TERAPET
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Lots of success here today girls. Congrats all.

I was on plan today also and got in my 60 minutes at the Y. WooHoo.

JasonsLea
11-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey guys!

November goal is to lose 7.2 lbs.

:grouphug:

LouisaH
11-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Good evening, just a quick check in to say I am holding steady today and hopeful for a loss tomorrow. I have sugar--specifically chocolate--on the brain, and am even in the "I need to concoct something with cocoa or peanut butter (or both)" phase. This does not bode well for Christmas cookie season. But I ate under my calorie allotment today, only because I exercised for nearly two hours. Doing what I gotta do!

Hope you all had a good Monday.

Ms Perception
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
November Goal List

JasonsLea: Lose 7.2 lbs

Ms Perception
11-08-2010, 11:30 PM
urockmom-Where are ya? Gotta get in those daily check-ins!

LE-I love that...the No Plan Plan. In that case I was POP most of last month! Seriously though, I'm glad you caught yourself early enough to not make it an off plan WEEK. Have a happy tomorrow!

LouisaH-Mmmmm! Chocolate and peanut butter!!! A match made in heaven for sure. In fact I did construct something of that nature today, but brought 1/2 of it to my friends tonight (and left the leftovers) and the other half will easily be consumed by my mini-me's. ;)

tttellier
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
It's been a couple days....I was good this weekend even with get-together with WONDERFUL desserts. As I think Lewisempire said, I was able to practice moderation and maintain my weight loss. Stayed on point and even exercised on Sunday. I was unable to weigh today and am curious where I stand.
Welcome Freakumdress! I hope you enjoy our group.... I really enjoy feeling accountable to people who are also trying to lose weight.

WendyRN
11-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm at work, but just wanted to let you know, so far so good! I don't weigh in until Thursday, but as for my other two goals, totally on target and I'm expecting a great weight loss this week. All healthy eating guidelines have been followed and everything I've put in my mouth has been tracked 100%! ;)

Great job to all the rest of y'all!:hug:

marie81
11-09-2010, 06:01 AM
I am in.....

Lose 20lbs
Track food daily
go swimming once a week

Good luck ladies

susiemartin
11-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Yesterday was OP
Holding steady at 223.2

Lewisempire
11-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Good morning ladies, iiiiits check in time.
I have got Zumba planned today followed by some overtime at work! YAY, I can't wait to spend the extra moolah! Got a plan on the books for my food too. Now, let's stick to the plan!
Hope everyone has a great day.

Hopeful8
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone, I'm pretty sure that today I will be visiting the gym twice. I've seen a slight drop in weight so far, only down .4lbs to 151.6. I've been hovering in the low 150's for months and it's driving me insane.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

LouisaH
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm down .2 pound this morning, woot woot! lol. Okay, so I was hoping for something more dramatic, but I take what I can get.

I think there are home made ice cream sandwiches (perfectly chewy chocolate cookies with coffee ice cream with maybe some locally made awesome dark chocolate shaved into it--oops, sorry to be the evil temptress). I didn't get together with my work family for my birthday and my nephew and his fiance were supposed to make these for me. I suspect we'll be eating these today or tomorrow, and I have been fantasizing about them, I admit. My plan is to eat a quarter or half and put the rest away for tomorrow. I love my thin self so much better than I love those ice cream sandwiches. That's my mantra for the day. Wish me luck.

Hope to get back to personals soon. Welcome to the recent joiners and good work to everyone who is staying on plan so far this month!

BlackRabbitofInle
11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello Everyone...thought I'd go ahead and join in.

My November goals (to be reached by the 30th hopefully):

Weigh 145, which is a loss of 4-6lbs
Miss none or very few days in my food/exercise log
Keep it around 1200-1400 cals a day

I'll post my exercise goals in the other thread.

My Michelle
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Everyone is doing so well! I've been sickety-sick-sick, it is killing me to have the flu. I'm alternately ravenous and nauseous, blahhhh.

On the up side, I'm approaching 100 days without a binge, so that is something to be happy about. I'll have to focus on that because so far this month my weight is just going nowhere.

ruth135
11-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey Chickies!

Been missing the last couple of days....Thankfully I was able to maintain over the weekend. Sundays are always a problem foodwise because we go to my parents after church and there are always goodies laying around. I did eat some wafer cookies but the rest of my eating was great and got some biking/walking/jogging in with some of the other members of my family! Today my weight was down a .6 even after a good sized brownie last night. That's about 2.5lbs my first week and considering it was a TOM week I feel pretty excited :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Oh, and what does AF mean? I have an idea but could someone enlighten me? :)

TERAPET
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Another day on plan and 60 minutes at the Y. Feels good to stick to the plan.

Ms Perception
11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
November Goal List

marie81: Lose 20 lbs, Track food daily
BlackRabbitofInle: Reach 145 lbs, Miss very few days of food/exercise log, Keep calories at 1200-1400

Ms Perception
11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
ruth135- AF = Aunt Flow, a.k.a. your period

marie81- WOW, a 20 pound loss is huge for 1 month. Best of luck and stay healthy in the process!

Today was a good one. I fit my exercise in right away this morning so I wouldn't make excuses to miss it later in the day. Then I ate well, though I did fit in a treat after lunch. Another successful day moving toward my goal!

susiemartin
11-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Yesterday was almost 100% OP. I ate too much tomato meat sauce at dinner. Planning for an OP day today.

My weight is up this morning from too much sodium (the sauce).
Hopefully I'll release it today if I drink a lot of water.

Here's to a great day!

MysticBliss
11-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Checking in. Yesterday was a great day, stayed OP and this morning I'm down 1 lb. I wish it could go quicker but hey, I'll take a 1 lb. 6 lbs to go to my November goal.

SW 270.2
GW 262

1: 270.2
2: 270.6
3: 270.2
4: 269.2
5: 271.0
6: 270.6
7: 269.6
8: 269.2
9: 269.2
10: 268.2

Lewisempire
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Good Morning ladies!
YAY I stayed on plan yesterday! but I haven't planned today yet, so i NEED to get that done NOW!!!!! I have been so busy lately, it is hard to sit down and make a plan, I think I will get my old paper log out and relive some days to make it easier for me.
I too will get back to personals hopefully soon. Just know I am praying for continued health and success for all our Chickies! Have a great day ladies.

TheBunneh
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
175.2 this morning! So I made the first part of my goal. =D

Now I'm going to lose whatever more I can until we leave and do my best to maintain it during the trip. There's no reason a visit with my brother needs to involve eating a lot. I'll eat moderate portions on thanksgiving and be very judicious with meals we eat at restaurants and be careful with drinks. This visit is to spend time with my brother, it's not and excuse to go off plan.

Ms Perception
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
susiemartin-Now that you've stabilized, it's back to the little ups and downs...mostly downs. :D

MysticBliss-You're making good progress...Keep it up!

LE-Yay for an OP day! Here's to another. :cheers: Now PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

TheBunneh-I turned you RED. Congrats on making part 1 of your goal! You've even got time to give yourself a little weigh "cushion", too. I know it's weird, but we do tend to gain weight when we are somewhere else or with someone else....any change in routine, so best it's best to account for it.

I've been OP every day this month which is amazing considering last month. I'm just enjoying feeling in control of my food intake. Today I was down another smidge to 145.0, baby stepping my way to this month's goal.

ruth135
11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Down another .6 this morning so back to a total loss of 20lbs. About 7 more pounds to go to be where I was in June. Got some walking/jogging in this morning with the dogs and plan to get a lot more in later when DH is home. The weather is absolutely beautiful here!

Marniadec
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
TheBunneh, congrats on making your goal! And it's not even the middle of the month!

I lost 2 pounds, so 3 more to go. But I think it might have been weight I lost before I left and I just didn't get to see it on the scale, thanks to all the sodium. I joined a gym today and I ate very well, so I'm back. I really, really need to learn how not to screw up while I'm at my parents' home, though... I start overeating just at the idea that I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

ruth135
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Ms Perception thanks for the definition :)

LouisaH
11-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Evenin' chicklets.

I'm glad to see so many people on plan, making up for my bad behavior. I am on the sugar and it's killing me. It is my birthday week, so I'm indulging, and not trying very hard, but I know i can do better while still not depriving myself. Hopefully soon I will get back on track. My weight was down .4 today, but I don't expect that to hold with today's lack of self-control.

Tomorrow is a long day without a plan. I'll work on eating salads--god knows there are more greens than we can eat, still. Keep up the good work everyone!

susiemartin
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
TheBunneh - Congratulations on making your goal for the month :carrot:

Yesterday was an OP day for me and my weight has moved down again.

Planning for another OP day today.
Hope your day is a good one too :)

Marniadec
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Greetings from Onederland!:p I made it there safely late last night!:carrot: But TOM came with me and also dinner and a few gallons of water... So I won't know untill Tuesday. I may have met this month's goal!:carrot:

TheBunneh
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Marniadec - Yay for Onderland!! Awesome job! :carrot:

LouisaH - I have a hard time not overindulging around my birthday too. http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/dbickert/willpowerdust.gif

ruth135 - Congrats on the .6 loss! =)

I was a little naughty for dinner last night and had burger king. :o I had another dinner planned, but hubby and I went out shopping and saw an advertisement for a sale at BK on the way home. It fit into my calories (skipped my evening snack) and I went for a 30 minute walk after, so I'm still OP. I'm considering it my treat for the month. I hadn't had french fries (other than frozen oven cooked fries) in soooo long. And now I won't have them for a very very long time again. :)

I hope everyone has a good OP Thursday! :D

Ms Perception
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
ruth135-For me, it's a tad disheartening to think, but I have 10 pounds to lose until I'm back where I was in June. So, I'm in a similar boat. I just struggled to get motivated for anything but the big race I did at the beginning of October. Now I'm finding it easier to focus on my food as well as activity.

LouisaH-Refer back to my comments to Lewisempire...PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! :D Even if it includes some off plan foods, at least you're accounting for them. When I plan meals, I do so much better staying on course. Although, to be honest, I'm often jealous of your ability to eat treats/special meals and LOSE weight, so I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you do! ;)

susiemartin-Congrats on the scale victory!

Marniadec-:cheer: YAY on onederland! :cheer: Let us know when we can celebrate officially, but it sounds pretty sure to me!

Well, I'm fluctuatng again...back up to 145.4 this morning. I'm not too troubled by it since I have other victories to be thakful for:

1. This is the farthest I've made it into a month logging my food since March.
2. I've also remembered my vitamins everyday so far.
3. I've gotten back into a consistant exercise routine.

So, I will celebrate and continue to work my plan and tweak it to make sure I'm satisfied with the results. I'm off to go through papers and random "stuff" in my bedroom to declutter more. I got the living room done and it's inspired me to continue throughout the house!

Ms Perception
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
November Goal List

BlackRabbitofInle: Reach 145 lbs, Miss very few days of food/exercise log, Keep calories at 1200-1400

TERAPET
11-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Ms Perception-Way to go with logging your food intake. :cp: I find it is essential for me to track what I eat to help keep myself in line. Stick to your plan and the pounds will get lost soon enough.

I made the mistake of making a dessert to "use up" some apples before they went bad. Not a good thing for my food plan. This is such a tough time of year for trying to control food cravings. I don't think my total for the day was too bad but my method of counting is very, very unscientific. I am sitting here trying to get the nerve to throw the rest away. I should really, really do that. I should also throw away the pumpkin bars I have stashed in the freezer from baking two weeks ago. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I definitely don't need this stuff right now. Okay here I go.

LouisaH
11-12-2010, 01:05 AM
What a week...sooo exhausting, and so difficult to track what I eat when it's this busy (and I'm feeling this lazy/tired), and there are so many tempting foods around--why oh why do people have to bake in winter?

MsP: I seem to have lost the ability to eat treats/special meals and still lose weight, but I'm not piling on the pounds, so I do feel lucky. I'm learning maintenance, I figure. The crazy thing for me in planning is that I work with family, and we all kind of take turns cooking, or bringing food from home; only we don't plan who will bring what when. So today I brought soup, and so did my nephew. We ate his soup and salad for lunch, and mine for dinner. It's all good food, just too many calories. Well, the cinnamon rolls he made weren't good (for you) food... I just don't seem to have the will power I used to. Good for you for sticking with the food logging, and for getting the exercise groove back.

The Bunneh: Thanks for the will power dust, it was delicious sprinkled on the ice cream sandwich I ate for dessert tonight. ;) Congrats on making your weight goal so fast--keep going so you can feel really good about your trip. The farther you get, the more motivation you will have to stick with losing and not overdoing it.

Marniadec: Wahoo for onederland! Congratulations!

susiemartin: so have you actually reached your goal for the month already? That's unbelievable that the weight has come off so quickly--thank goodness!

LE: I like your idea of getting an old plan out and just using that--I may need to look back on my good days of logging food and sticking within my cals for inspiration! I sure could use it now...

I was up to 152.2 today, which puts me .2 over where I started this month. Grrr...go away fattening food! Good luck sticking with your plans, everyone!

My Michelle
11-12-2010, 05:47 AM
I agree with everyone that this time of year it is extra tough to avoid the baked goods and treats. The amount of food around is just insane.

LouisaH - learning maintenance is a good thing! Just maintaining during such a stressful food-heavy time is a confidence booster!

MsP - Great job getting into such a fantastic pattern, don't let the fluctuations distract you from how fabulous you're doing! Give yourself a big cheer!

Terapet - I'm with you, with Thanksgiving right around the corner we don't need extra temptations in the house NOW. I hope you were able to get tid of that stuff, i know it is HARD!

TheBunneh - CONGRATS on hitting your goal! :carrot:

Marniadec - AWESOME!!!!! That is so exciting, way to go! :woohoo:

WendyRN
11-12-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm sad but not discouraged. I've had a rough week with 2 medical procedures and being put on a 6 day steriod pack AND wonderful TOM came to visit yesterday on my weigh in day, so I had EVERYTHING stacked against me.

On the up side, even thru all of this, I've still tracked everything I've eaten and have followed all of the WW healthy eating guidelines to a tee.

Hope everyone is doing well.

susiemartin
11-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Marniadec That is so EXCITING! Congratulations!

I made my November weight goal - 223.0 :carrot:

I would love to get below 220 this month but don't know if it's possible.
I'm going to try and work at it .

Hope you day is a good one:)

My Michelle
11-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Susie!!!!! WAY TO GO! My goodness, you KILLED November!! We're not even halfway done!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Ms Perception
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
susiemartin-I've turned your first goal red. YAY! :D Good idea setting a follow up goal of getting under 220. It'll give you something to shoot for.

LouisaH-Excellent way of looking at it. You are well within your acceptable maintenance range (BMI-wise), so you should absolutely think of it as practicing maintenance. I get what you mean about not really being able to plan, but once the birthday festivities are over, the idea of looking back to be inspired some of your earlier days is great. No matter what, you've done wonderfully and I look forward to being in your shoes shortly!

WendyRN-Good job sticking to those guidelines and tracking food. I know those habits will serve you well along the way. Sorry to hear about the set-backs medically, but I hope you're feeling better soon!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I do feel good about the month. I got a little too snacky last night and so I so no change on the scale this morning. A lady brought some yummy bars to our women's chorus practice and I indulged in a couple! Today I will eat clean and see if I can't break into the 144.somethings this weekend. Tomorrow my parents are coming and my dad and I are having an Iron Chef-style cooking competition. That may be hard to account for calorie wise, but I will do my best! The rest of the weekend will be fine, so at the very least I should see good scale numbers by Monday. Here's to a healthy weekend for us all!!!

JOLINA
11-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Going out to an all you can eat buffet today...Scary! :cofdate:
And I am on a Calorie-Counting Diet.
So I just made up a menu...counted the calories..to take along to the restaurant.
Hope I stick to it. If I do it will total 1555 calories for the day...within my daily limit this week.

(lost 18 lbs since June 10.):cheer:
Lost 1 pound this month so far. :cheer:

Lewisempire
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi girls,
just got home from Zumba! and have too many chores to do, so I thought I would sit here a while, and re-group (procrastinate):spin:

Our instructor said something today that I thought I might share with everyone. I can't remember the source, but she said that "The Average
American gains 15 pounds between Halloween and New YEars!:eek: She wants us to not be Average. She said, If we can just maintain we are winners. Of course I still am trying to lose slowly, very slowly thanks to the dinners/parties/goodies etc. but I just thought that was an astronomical number. So let's not over stress out, just try to stay as focused as possible, while enjoying the holidays. Love you all!
-Cher-

TheBunneh
11-12-2010, 12:20 PM
susiemartin - Congrats!! :carrot: :cb:

ruth135
11-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Was down a .6 this morning so that's 2lbs so far this week and 2lbs last week and that is with some treats. I think I do better if I allow myself something good as long as its within my calories. Generally I'll have some organic dark chocolate every day if I'm not having some other kind of treat, but I only eat a small amount. I've been exercising more than usual, I think because the weather has been so nice and hubby is doing most of it with me so that is very motivating for me.

MsP My weight went up this summer because we were extremely busy with some stuff we had going on so we didn't exercise much and was eating a lot of quick/out to eat foods and drinking soda. I gained 10-12lbs and needless to say was very unhappy about it. It seemed to take me two months to get my motivation back and to start losing again.

My Michelle
11-13-2010, 06:23 AM
LewisEmpire - No matter what, NONE OF US are going to gain 15 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! All of us are going to rock it through the holidays! I know for myself that when New Year's Eve rolls around I will be proud of my willingness to put my health first and stick to my plan!

WendyRN - Hang in there through the rough patch, you have a great attitude!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

susiemartin
11-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Check In Time

I'm holding steady at 223.0. Yesterday wasn't 100% OP and glad it didn't show up on the scale this morning. Planning for a 100% OP day today.

LE - I know from personal experience the holidays are my down fall. I'm really going to have to be on my guard. Because once I really get going into the sugar & sweets - I have a had time stopping. Not to mention all the other stuff laying around :dizzy:

My Michelle - I'm planning on being happy to greet the New Year - and not planning another "diet" :D

LouisaH
11-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi Chicklets, quick check-in before the day is over. I was down 1.6 pounds this morning to 151, and I can't even guess at what tomorrow will be. I can't seem to stop when I've reached my calorie allotment for the day. I was already over my cals by just a little bit, but I wanted something sweet and ate it anyway. I never used to do that before...hmm. Before when? I need to do a little investigating and see what made me become lax on this. Was it a specific weight that I reached that I told myself was good enough? Hmm.

WendyRN
11-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Hey y'all!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement... I did something today that I'm hoping will also help my "won't" power... lol... I put a picture of the pair of the boots I've been wanting on the fridge that I've decided I will reward myself with when I have reached 10% weight loss.

Just thought I'd share!

susiemartin
11-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Check In Time

My weight was up this morning - 225.6. I had cheese and crackers with my canned beef & vegetable soup. I'm really thirsty this morning....can we spell sodium retention ;)

Planning an OP day with a long walk.

I am worth it
11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Time for my weekly check in:

I did better at eating vegetables last week, but the sugar is still a major issue. It's amazing how 3 weeks of "allowing extra treats" can undo 9 months of being able to resist giving into temptation. Even though I'm down a little this week to 140.2, I made my ticker accurate. I honestly thought with a little effort I'd be back to 137 in no time. Now I feel like I'm at square one again trying to remember that eating empty carbs now will NOT lessen my desire for them again a few hours or less later.

Ms Perception I'd like to add another goal - to exercise my resistance muscle daily. :)

LouisaH
11-14-2010, 12:53 PM
WendyRN: Excellent idea! Maybe that's the motivation I need to get my rear in gear. I've actually been thinking I need to shop now for a smaller item of clothing that I am excited about wearing that will be my motivation to getting these last 5-10 pounds off. That was huge for me as I lost--trying on the clothes from my closet almost weekly, and seeing how I was getting closer and closer. Now all those clothes are too big, and I don't have something concrete to shoot for. Thanks for posting that--I needed that "aha" (or more like "duh") idea.

I am worth it: I feel like I'm in the same boat, trying to regain my self control and motivation (and get off the dang sugar!). We can't let ourselves feel discouraged because that inevitably leads to giving up. It will come back to us, and we have to remind ourselves that at this time of year, even maintaining is an achievement--did you see LE's post saying the average person gains 15 pounds over the holidays! Holy crapola batman, that is so not us!

I have looked back on some of my more successful days of eating to try to revive my way of thinking when I was actively losing. I realized that my original goal date of July 24th, which I didn't meet, was when I started slacking. So I am going to create a new goal and date, and I'm hoping that a combo of motivational techniques will get me back on track.

Happy Sunday everyone!

starbrite
11-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Down to 213 - moving slowly along !

TERAPET
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I have the sugar problem also. I have been missing that apple crisp ever since I threw it out! Plus I did not throw out what was in the freezer and have been eating it everyday since. I have not gained weight yet but that might be tomorrow. This is a bad place to be in going into the holidays. I am committing to no more sugary treats until Thanksgiving. That is only ten days for petes sake. (Too late to count today. I had something very sugary and bad for breakfast.) Anyone else interested?

emthompson
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Wonderful news! With a whole week and a half on-plan behind me, I've lost another two pounds! That means I have officially lost my first 5 pounds since I started changing my lifestyle (about a month ago) and the pants are sagging a little.

I've hung my old pair of jeans from my junior year of high school, which are a size below where I'm at now, by my elliptical for some motivation.

Starbrite: Congrats on your progress and keep it up!

Terapet: I'll take you on that bet for sure! No more surgary sweets until Thanksgiving for me either.

WendyRN: What a great motivation idea! Maybe I'll save buying that coat I wanted until I lose another five pounds...

MysticBliss
11-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Its weigh in day for me. Down 1 lb to 268. Seriously? 1 lb for the 2nd week in a row? I'm beginning to think I won't be able to make my November goal of 8 lbs lost. Maybe I need to switch from counting points to counting calories. I think I need to switch it up some before I get so frustrated I just give up again.

LouisaH
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Mysticbliss: How many calories are you allowing yourself per day (or average, since you're doing points)? Maybe you are not averaging enough of a deficit to lose more than a pound per week? Stick with it. Sometimes it goes slowly and then you get a whoosh and might lose four pounds in a week! Patience, grasshopper.;)

I'm going nowhere fast, at 151.2 today, still not moving any closer to 149. I've developed a cold and didn't feel up to exercise this morning, so that won't help anything along. I'm hoping drinking hot tea all day will help move the cold through, and maybe even move the weight while it's at it.

My house is freezing--I probably caught the cold at home, lol.

TERAPET
11-15-2010, 08:40 PM
On plan today and got in a step class at the Y after work. I have been craving sugar but it feels kind of good to say no to myself. I guess I feel like I am doing something positive while I wait for my weight to right itself, hopefully!

LouisaH-Sorry to hear you have a cold. Not fun. Plus that is frustrating getting stuck so close to a new decade. Hang in there and push through.:hug:

MysticBliss-Really? Give up? Goodness you have lost 24 pounds. Keep goin Girl!:cheer3::cheer3:

em-Congrats on the five pounds. WooHoo! Glad you are in on the no sweet thing with me. We are going to rock this week.:carrot:

Ms Perception
11-15-2010, 10:35 PM
November Goal List

I am worth it: Eat more vegetables and less sugar, Get back to 137 lbs, Exercise resistance muscle daily

Ms Perception
11-15-2010, 10:40 PM
The weekend was rough. My weight went up a few, but is on it's way back down. Apparently I am also struggling to say no to the sugar...I made oatmeal raisin cookies and kept eating them even when I wasn't hungry. UGH!!! WHY?! Well, onward we go to learn from our weak moments and gain control of what goes in our mouths!
On the upside, I got my room all cleaned out and I got out my scrapbooking stuff. I'm hoping it will be a perfect distraction for my hands during this season...way less calories than cookies!! Plus, the kids love when I get their pictures in the albums. It's a win-win situation.

tttellier
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Been off-line for a while, as my husband was fixing our internet and honestly sooooo off-plan it is shameful. I plan on weighing tomorrow to see if I totally screwed myself up. Glad my husband has been able to visit,.....but it has totally messed up my ability to get to the gym.

Congrats to susiemartin and thebunneh for meeting this month's goals!!!! That is awesome!

ruth135
11-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Hi Girls

My weight was up a little this morning but not as bad as it would usually be on a Monday. I don't even like weighing on Mondays but i did it anyway. I feel like I did very well over the weekend and today so hopefully I'll be back down in the morning. Got over 50 minutes of running/walking in this evening.

Hopeful8
11-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone, well progress isn't going as fast as I had hoped but at least there's a little bit of progress. Don't know if I'll make my goal but as long as the scale is consistently moving in the right direction I will be a happy girl. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

SW- 152.0
CW- 150.2
GW- 144.0

Marniadec
11-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Hi girls! I kept effing up these past few days. The scale has been saying 201 since TOM came for good, but I'm hoping it's water retention. I'm still sick and I have been eating within my calorie limit, but badly. And I've been so stressed out! I found out that my cat had been missing along with many stray ones and that new dogs have gathered in my parents' neighborhood. I was starting to believe that the dogs ate her. Yesterday I became completely convinced. I spent the day crying, eating and praying that I'm wrong. I also spent an hour and a half at the gym, trying to release all that, but it didn't help much. But last night, she finally showed up, thank God!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Anyway, I hope I can really be back now. I hate how this month is going...

TheBunneh
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Marniadec :hug: I'm so happy your kitty showed up! I know that is a horrible feeling, not knowing what happened to them. I've had that happen to pets of mine years ago and it still hurts sometimes (mine didn't turn up).

I haven't been feeling very well the past few days. My tummy has been feeling really icky and I cut my workout a little bit short yesterday cause it was painful to move around. I felt so bad last night that I asked my husband to pick up subway on his way home from work so I wouldn't have to cook.....and then I ate an entire sub. :o I was only going to eat half and put the rest in the fridge, but I was still sooo hungry. But if subway's nutrition info is right I wasn't over my calories, I just feel bad about giving in.

I'm going to go get my hair cut today, which I'm excited about. :D And planning for a very OP day.

EDIT: Haircut done! See new av picture. :D

Ms Perception
11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
TheBunneh-Cute haircut! If you overdo it on Subway, that's not the worst thing. I almost got a sub there today, but decided I could just as easily make one at home (since I'm not ill and have no excuse not to).

Marniadec-We'll all you can do is move on from here. I'm so glad your cat is home! That must've been a huge relief! You still have half the month to turn it around. You can do this!!

Hopeful8-Excellent attitude! You're so right...sometimes we don't move as fast as we want, but if we're consistantly moving in the right direction, how can we complain?

ruth135-Good job on handling the weekend well. That's a wonderful accomplishment. The scale can fluctuate for a number of reasons, as you well know, so no worries there.

tttellier-That's fantastic that you're enjoying the time with hubby home, but don't forget to take good care of yourself!

I got back to 145.6 this morning, so the weekend cookie fest is nearly behind me. Today will be OP and then I should see some good news on the scale tmorrow. I'm letting DS do supper tonight (his request, he loves to cook), but will remind him to keep it balanced and include plenty of healthy things so it doesn't mess me up. Halfway through the month and I'm still holding steady with logging my food! YAHOO!! I may actual get to turn myself red at the end of this month for the first time in a long time!

Ms Perception
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
November Goal List

I am worth it: Eat more vegetables and less sugar, Get back to 137 lbs, Exercise resistance muscle daily

LouisaH
11-17-2010, 01:25 AM
The Bunneh: very cute pic, the haircut looks great!

Marniadec: glad you got a happy ending to the cat story. My cat disappearing story of two years ago is still a mystery, so I know the angst you went through!

MsP: thank goodness you're heading back in the right direction. What did DH fix for supper?

Yesterday was a bit out of control for me, and today was much better. I wish I knew why some days were so hard. It's like I'm possessed or something. I've been bouncing up and down between 150 and 152.6, and today I'm at 151. I stayed under my calories today and am hoping I will finally be heading downward--if only I can keep the demon away...I've gotta reach 149 before Thanksgiving.

Lewisempire
11-17-2010, 07:18 AM
good morning ladies!
thebunneh, super cute new do! I love your curls!
YAY MsP- keep onkeeping on!
LouisaH-I know what you mean with the days of possession, HAHA , I think we all know what you mean. Glad you are back from the dark side....

I myself, seem to be making slow progress. Of course another busyday planned today. So I will catch you all later! Hope you all have a great day.

urockmom
11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Ugh!!! So it has been a week or so since I have posted. This despite my monthly goal of posting daily so we know that won't turn red at the end of the month! ;)

Along with not posting I have been pretty off-plan over the last several days. The scale has not moved either direction so that's something at least. TOM is also around corner and I think that has contributed to eating more and feeling bloated. I am going to get in a good set of cardio and maybe some Pilates now to see if I can make myself feel better. At least I'll be doing something. I also think I need to get back on track to eat more often.

Congrats to the gals who have already made their goals!!!!:carrot:
Susiemartin~ That is a HUGE loss for just a part of a month!!! You rock!!!
TheBunneh~ YEA!!!! Super Job on getting to your goal! :dancer:

I was looking through a magazine this morning and starting to think about healthy Thanksgiving recipes. Anyone else going there or do we give ourselves a day of good stuff-in moderate portions, of course-and then back OP on Friday?

TheBunneh
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
174.8 this morning!

It may not stay, but still....YAHOOO!

Also, if anyone here ever decides to heat up a tortilla in a toaster oven (like I did last night....) and it forms a huuuuuuge bubble in the middle because you forgot about it (like I also did....) do NOT try to pop this bubble with your fingers. (It hurts about as much as the time I touched a stove burner right after it was turned off.....)

Ms Perception
11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
Today has been OP so far and going well. I was 145.2 this morning and I'm hoping a good day today will get me from 145.something to 144.something but we shall see.

LouisaH-It was my DS who "fixed" supper last night. So, he set out pineapple, carrots, cold cuts, low-fat cheese and crackers. I explained to him that I was a bit confused how this counted as cooking supper and his comment was that he couldn't come up with a good idea, so he decided to just make sure he represented all the food groups. (good idea) It was kinda funny because he has assisted me in cooking many times and knows how to make some simple dinners, but he was drawing a blank last night. Anyway, the kids all ate it and enjoyed, I opted for a baked potato topped with leftover goulash...and a bit of the carrots he had peeled. Everyone was happy. :)

LE-Thanks! Make sure you take time for yourself in that busy schedule!

urockmom-SO glad to hear from you! Many of us have been struggling, but today's the day to turn it around. At least the scale isn't being mean. As for Thanksgiving, I only get to bring a dish for the "leftover" meal (supper). So, that will be something healthy, but the lunch meal I will enjoy in moderation. I have a big meal on Thursday AND Saturday (one day each for DH and my families) so moderation is key. If I were responsible for the meal, I would ABSOLUTELY "heathify" it.

TheBunneh-Oh man! Sorry to hear you burned your finger. That sounds painful. Hope it tasted good at least! (the tortilla, not your finger ;))

Hopeful8
11-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey ladies, just got back from the gym and had another fabulous supper prepared by DH (I'm so thankful because I don't know how to cook). Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.

Wildflower
11-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone, haven't check in much because my weight loss has completely stalled. On the plus side (I guess?) I've stayed with my goal of 1500 calories per day. I just haven't lost more than 1 lb since the challenge started.

Don't see myself reaching my 7 lb goal at this rate, but I am sticking to plan. :)

LouisaH
11-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Good evenin' chicklets. I almost posted this morning, having to tell as many people as possible that I FINALLY GOT BELOW 150 today! 149.2 Wahoo! But I went over my calories today by nearly 400 calories--that evil sweet tooth (I think I have sweet fangs like a vampire, lol) got the better of me. I hope I'm not back up over 150 tomorrow.

I know that I am much more relaxed about how I count calories, which isn't great for my weight loss, but it's much better for my sanity, and if the last few pounds shave away slowly, so be it. I love sweets and if I get to include them in my diet, I don't feel deprived and resentful. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The Bunneh: Ouch!

Wildflower: Check in anyway--I swear it helps the weight loss unstall! Good for you for sticking with your calorie commitment. Hopefully you'll get a whoosh soon.

Hopeful8: sounds like you're on it and doing well!

MsP: Ahh, I missed that it was DS preparing dinner--you are brave!

urockmom: definitely going to try to defatify the dishes I'm preparing for Thanksgiving! We've gone from hosting 7 to potentially hosting 18! Ugh, large families... Everyone who is coming is game to go a bit healthier, and the high cal things that are what they are will be enjoyed in moderation on my part.

LE: I hear you on the slow progress...but it's progress nonetheless!

shoeless
11-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Hello!! Meant to post on Monday as a 'half way mark' post, but clearly forgot. Oops.

Am not quite on target - the water thing has been a total fail, but I'm going to see if I can do it for the remainder of the month.

So far have lost 3lbs, which is pretty cool. Ah well, onwards ever more and upwards, we'll see how close I can get to losing 10lbs by 1/12...

X

TheBunneh
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
LouisaH Congrats on seeing 149.2!

My 174.8 disappeared like I thought it might, and I got 175.8 this morning. :rolleyes: But I'm pretty sore from my strength workout yesterday, so I'm hoping some of that might be water retention. But oh well, I know I'll see that 174 again soon. It seems like my weight always has to jump up a little before it goes down. I'm going to stay OP and not get discouraged. :yes:

Hopeful8
11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
LouisaH- Congrats on seeing 149.2 and on hitting your final goal, I'm so so proud of you!!!!! I guess we're twins today because I also got 149.2 when I stepped on the scale this morning. It was a nice little surprise because I've been hovering around 151 FOR-FREAKIN-EVER! This gave me a nice burst of motivation for the day.

Hoping all of you have a wonderful day :hug:

SW- 152.0
CW- 149.2
GW- 144.0

TheBunneh
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Hopeful8 Yay! Good for you! :cheer2:

JasonsLea
11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey lovelies! I hope everyone is doing okay.

I'm officially moved into my little house! I need to get some storage so I can finish unpacking and I have to get some new cookware and utensils. Pullo seems to like it and sometime this week, I'll be getting two kitties to add to the family. :)

Oh and I got my first tattoo! :dance:

I missed my WI last week cause my scale (which has been packed up for like five months) had a dead battery. I brought some new ones so I'm all set for WI tomorrow!

Hopefully, I can update sooner. Less than a month left in the semester so I'll be at school way more and will have internet access.

:grouphug:

ruth135
11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Finally saw a drop in the scale after hovering over 167 for about 4 days. My eating and water consumption have been excellent so I think the stall was due to extra exercise and where I'm at in my cycle. I seem to have about three times during the month that mess up my weight loss :rolleyes: But, thankfully the next several days should be clear of any crazy hormone fluctuations.

Wildflower
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
LouisaH - Thanks for the encouragement! I was finally down a pound today after being pretty constant for the past few weeks. Hopefully it stays tomorrow. I don't even care if it was only for one day, seeing the scale move down gave me hope!!! Hahahaa, I was beginning to think the thing was broken; seriously how can I weigh exactly - to the 10th of a lb - for so many days? Crazy!

WendyRN
11-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm well on my way to monthly goal which I thought was not going to happen with two rounds of steriods, etc, this month... after a little up last week, I lost... :carrot: 5.4lbs:carrot: :carrot: this week!!! :D

I think my mini-goals are really keeping me motivated, glad to hear some of you like that idea! I actually met my first of 7 mini-goals I've set for myself and the first is 5% lost, which gets me a $50 splurge at Yankee Candle! YAY!

It's like Christmas is here early! :present:

One more week & a half to get under 175 and I'm at 176.2! ;)

ruth135
11-18-2010, 11:40 PM
WendyRN Wow! Congrats on the 5.4lbs! That is awesome!

I am proud of myself tonight because I jogged for 20 minutes straight which is a first for me. I could tell my stamina has been getting better lately.

Hope everyone is having a great night!

LouisaH
11-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Late check-in--hope to post personals tomorrow. Whew, will I be happy when next Tuesday is over--crazy busy schedule with work.

Today was okay, except that I had a few glasses of wine with dinner and four stupid mini muffins! Grrrr! I was at 148.6 this morning, and am very doubtful that the scales will be as friendly tomorrow. I'll be back with a report...

Hopeful8
11-19-2010, 01:30 AM
JasonsLea- Well congrats on getting moved in to your new place, and kudos for getting 2 new kitties. I just adopted a new kitten last week! They're the absolute best.

Marniadec
11-19-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm back at my ticker's weight! Finally! I also realized that I barely had to step foot at college this month and it threw me off. I guess I can only function under pressure... I ruined my sleep schedule (it's ten in the morning in Greece and I'm about to go to bed); I've wasted almost all my money for the month; if I don't wake up on time, I'll have to order take-out for the kitten tonight; my house is a mess... Why did I get so lazy? It makes me dread Christmas even more... Also this month in the nightmare that is my life:p: My mom cracked her leg; this apparently means that she has to stay in bed and be served hand and foot, so I'll have to go home for a few days; my knees won't stop hurting like ****; my endocrinologist upped my meds again; my cat was lost, then found and now she has an eye infection because she was dirty as **** when my brother found her and nobody could be bothered to wash her eyes with chamomile, like I asked them to; I'm still sick after 3 weeks; I got a new neighbor who is usually too drunk to find his own doorbell and hates cats (lol, have fun living next to 2 of them)... I think that's about it.

On the bright side, I'm back at my ticker's weight and with the new pill it looks like I'll make my goal after all, I joined a gym and I haven't skipped a day, I had too much fun so far this month and my cat will be home soon!

I think I'll go home today or tomorrow and I'll be back on Tuesday at the latest. Hopefully I'll do better then.

ruth135
11-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Good mornings chickies!

Saw another small drop on the scale, barely made it to 165.8.

Marniadec Sorry to hear about all the bad stuff, hope your mom's leg heals quickly. But congrats on being back at ticker and working out every day!

TheBunneh
11-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Marniadec Yay for being back at ticker weight! :D

And congrats to everyone who saw a drop on the scale! :carrot:

I was 175.4 this morning, so closer to seeing 174 again than yesterday at least. I reeeeaallly wanna see it before I leave for my brother's, but I'm not holding my breath considering that I just have tomorrow and Sunday morning. We're leaving by 6am, too. :yawn: We have to be in Boulder in time to drop our kitty off at the Petshotel. (I wanted her to be in the one close to us in case something happens. I'm such a nervous pet mom! :lol:)

I bought a set of 1.5 lb wrist weights yesterday, to wear when I want something extra in my cardio workouts, and if I need more weight but the next dumbell is too much. I also got some new hair products to play around with my new hair cut, which I feel guilty about. :o I always feel bad when I get make-up and hair stuff cause it feels so frivolous. But I really want to be able to feel like I look nice when I'm with my brother.

Ms Perception
11-19-2010, 09:18 PM
November Goal List

Ms Perception
11-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey all! Had a pretty good day, but went to Arby's for lunch, so I may be dealing with that tomorrow when I weigh-in. This morning I hit 144.6 on the scale, which was wonderful, but tomorrow will be interesting with DD's b-day party and all. I should be okay, though since I made a small cake and bought no ice cream to go with it. I made part of the cake mix into cupcakes (enough for the 5 kids) and the rest into a 8X8 cake for the family. I should come out of it relatively unscathed since I've planned healthy meals for the weekend otherwise.
Yesterday I did a differnt set of exercises for ST'ing and now my thighs are super sore. At least I know it was certainly an effective workout! LOL

LouisaH
11-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Hey gang, the days are just flying by and giving me no time to do personals and really catch up here. Today's weight was 148.4, down .2 and I will take it!

Tomorrow night we're having friends over for supper and I'm trying to plan low cal and healthy, but it will still be a matter of watching portions...and red wine. Busy day tomorrow--hope everyone has a great Saturday.

TheBunneh
11-20-2010, 09:19 AM
The scale teetered back and forth between 174.8 and 175.2 this morning. But I'm going to go with 174.8 cause.....well, cause I want to! :p And now I'm going to put the scale out of my mind until I get back from my brother's. I'm going to keep good food choices a top priority and we'll see what I am when I get home. Although I'm expecting it to be up a little the immediate day after (am I the only one that swells up a LOT on long car trips?) but hopefully I'll still be hovering at the lower 175s.

I have a lot of preping to do today, and we leave before I'm even awake tomorrow. So I'll see you ladies at the end of the month! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :hug:

Ms Perception
11-20-2010, 08:56 PM
God evening, ladies! I had a good day, though I did sneak in a little extra cake tonight. I did very well the rest of the day and this morning weighed in at 144.6 again which was a relief after my fast food lunch yesterday. I have a good OP day planned tomorrow so I WILL have a good Monday morning weigh-in. I am determined!
Today was pretty busy with DH and DS going out to hunt this morning (they didn't get a deer) and then cleaning and prepping for DD's birthday party. I took DD and friends to the science museum and they all had a really good time so it was a very easy party idea. Now DS wants to do that for his b-day party in 2 weeks. This time I'm sending DH since I did this one alone. Best of luck to him! LOL
Gotta get to bed soon since I was up early today...Happy rest of the weekend to all!

TERAPET
11-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I am half way through my 10 days without treats. I actually lost some weight this week. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day so hopefully it will still be down. If it works, I may have to do something similar to get through December without my usual gain.

LouisaH
11-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Hey Chicklets, how's the weekend going?

We had friends over for dinner and I had way too many calories, but didn't even count them, because, um, I have no intention of eating fewer calories to make up for it. So I'm hoping not to be way up tomorrow--the .2 pound loss from yesterday was gone this morning, back up to 148.6, and I can only hope to see anything below 150 and I'll be happy. I had wine and port and apple pie and ice cream. Oh and cheese, glorious cheese. Sorry 'bout the food porn... I have no intention of never eating the foods that make me so happy, I just know that it has to be a special occasion, and not the norm. But I always remember why I got fat--it wasn't fast food or industrial, processed junk food--it was delicious, rich, real, home-cooked gourmet deliciousness.

TheBunneh: Safe travels and have a great visit with your brother. Congrats to getting your weight down before leaving. You'll do fine; this is your practice for maintenance!

MsP: I got tired just reading about taking a bunch of kids to the museum! I have a bunch of lefteovers in my fridge, but hope I can make it an OP day tomorrow too, and I've got my fingers crossed for a good Monday morning weigh in for us!

TERAPET: Good for you! I can't do one day without treats right now, so I am in total admiration of you. I'm routing for you for the rest of your 10 days--I'm taking one for the team and eating yours for you.

Goodnight!

susiemartin
11-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Check In Time
I've been MIA for about 5 days. My weight is up again from water retention - 229.2. Way too many crackers & milk.

I'm planning an OP day.

TERAPET
11-21-2010, 08:44 AM
LouisaH-Thanks for the encouragement but stay away from the extra cookie "for the team":nono:. I understand about overeating yummy home cooked food. That is why I am on my "No Treats" holiday for the holidays! I was baking things and found myself having less and less control of my portions. I miss the goodies but I do not miss that sense of spinning out of control. On the plus side, I also lost two pounds. BTW, I am planning to eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving but then I may have to go back to the No Sweets Holiday until Christmas. I haven't committed myself to it yet. However, I went shopping yesterday and bought two pairs of skinny jeans. That is a pretty big incentive.

LouisaH
11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
149 this morning. Up, but not as up as I'd worried about.

TERAPET: too bad I saw your warning post AFTER I'd eaten the other slice of apple pie from last night, lol.

Tonight I ate cheese and figs with wine for cocktails, and popcorn for dinner, followed by 4 malted milk balls. What? I only ate the leftover salad in the fridge for lunch because it had fresh figs and pecans on it. I have eaten two salads a day for weeks, and I think maybe my body is rebelling? I've got to get back to some produce tomorrow--not worried, but man, that sugar has worked it's way into my system.

Here's to a fresh start on Thanksgiving week. Go get 'em, chicklets.

susiemartin
11-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Check In Time

My weight is up again this morning - 230.0. Not a good place to be considering it's the week of Thanksgiving & non stop food.

I'm planning an OP day and am going to make menus for the rest of the week.

If I don't lose what I've gain I can't claim my weight loss goal for the month :(

MysticBliss
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Monday morning weigh in time...down 2 lbs! Finally! I think I've been retaining water due to high blood pressure issues. I'll need to watch my sodium intake closely from now on.

Hope everyone has a great day!

SW 270.2
GW 262

1: 270.2
2: 270.6
3: 270.2
4: 269.2
5: 271.0
6: 270.6
7: 269.6
8: 269.2
9: 269.2
10: 268.2
11: 269.0
12: 267.4
13: Took a break from the dreaded scale
14: 268.4
15: 268.6
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22: 266

Ms Perception
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Good day everyone!
My weigh was up this morning (145.4) which ticked me off at first, but within a half hour of getting up, the reason became clear...TOM came to visit this morning. So, I'm pretty sure that my weigh in was skewed today and I'll look for tomorrow to show me a more accurate number. I've slowed way down here since the first week or so. I'd like to see some more progress before I head into the weekend and all the delicious holiday feasts. I'll spend next week trying to undo the indulgences and make my last push to hit my November weigh goal.

LouisaH-Not bad for your weigh-in. I wasn't so fortunate, but since there's a reason, I just shrugged it off. The kids were well behaved thankfully. The one that annoyed me the most is the one I reminded her to invite...let that be a lesson to me! LOL

susiemartin-Come on now! Don't dig yourself into a hole. Either find a way to burn a ton more calories or stop sabotaging yourself with the extra calories! You deserve to enjoy the good health you've worked for and it's way better than any food that does that much damage to your weight! You can turn it around and keep that goal RED!

MysticBliss and TERAPET-Great job on the 2 pounds down for each of you!

Hopeful8
11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon ladies. A quick check-in since I've been missing for a few days. TOM has finally left the building and I'm back to seeing a nice little loss, nothing major but I'm back on track.

I'm going to join a new athletic club today. The gym I've been using for the past few years is totally free but because it's on an Air Force base it's starting to get super crowded and the quality of my workouts has been diminishing. So I've decided to shell out the money and go somewhere new. I'm really excited because my husband is going to join with me. Hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week.

SW- 152.0
CW- 149.0
GW- 144.0

LouisaH
11-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey Chicklets, surprisingly the weight was back down to 148.6 today. I didn't stay within my calories today either, but didn't do too badly. Ideally, I would be saving up some extra cals over the previous week or so to give myself more leeway on Thanksgiving day, but I can't seem to do it.

MsP: Our friend TOM has phoned ahead to let me know he'll be coming for Thanksgiving at my house, too. Would that I could tell him there isn't enough room at the table. If only he would leave his *****y hormonal attitude at the door...

Hopeful8: Good for you for moving to a gym that will get you excited for your workouts again, and that's great that DH is joining you--you can motivate each other! Oh, and thanks for sending TOM my way...lol.

MysticBliss: Yay! It's so important to get those motivating drops right before a big eating holiday--maybe it'll make you want to be extra careful so you can keep that 2 pound loss and at least be more than halfway to your monthly goal by the end of the month!

susiemartin: argh! What's up? You can do this--keep that goal in red--you need to be at that lower weight going into December. Then practice maintenance for the month. What better time to learn it than during the holidays?

Tomorrow is a big day--all 315 CSA members getting their food on one day, rather than Wednesday and Thursday, but then I get to cook and prep all day Wednesday for Thanksgiving at my house. I already feel like I'm on vacation, even though tomorrow is going to blow.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

TERAPET
11-23-2010, 05:33 AM
I made my monthly goal today! How nice to see the 137 on the scale this morning. I am so glad I gave up the sweets for the last 8 days. It has really made a difference in both my weight and my attitude.

LouisaH-who are the CSA members? Does this have to do with your job? Sounds like you will be busy.

MsPerception-You still have today and tomorrow to use to save some calories for Thanksgiving. Go for it!

MysticBliss-Sorry to hear about the blood pressure issues. Not fun. It is great you took off the two pounds.

Hopeful8-Have fun at your new gym. I have been a Y member for going on twenty years. I love group classes. The camaraderie helps keep me motivated.

Hopeful8
11-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Terapet- Congrats on hitting your monthly goal :carrot:I actually have a feeling that I may be able to hit my goal as well. It's going to be tough though, and I'm going to have to be mega strict on my diet and super dedicated to my workouts. Anyone notice how much more slowly the weight comes off as you get closer to your overall goal? When I started this the weight would just fall off me and I would have no problem losing 5lbs per week. Now I'm lucky if I lose 1 full pound a week.

I'm so close to my ultimate goal that I can taste it. I'm hoping and praying that I can make my goal by the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed! Everyone have a wonderful day.

SW- 152.0
CW- 147.8
GW- 144.0

ruth135
11-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't understand what is going on with my weight. I didn't do that great on Sunday but I did well yesterday and my weight is up about 2lbs and its not even near TOM. I think it is the exercise I have been doing. I have been super sore for three days, I wasn't even able to work out yesterday because of being so sore. I am trying to not get discouraged but I really wanted to be a couple pounds less than 165 on Thanksgiving Day because 165 is what I was last Thanksgiving.

Congrats to you ladies who are dropping the pounds!

TheBunneh
11-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey guys! Just wanted to drop in real quick since we got internet at my brother's. I've been doing okay. I even worked out today! Huge NSV for me because I'm so self conscious usually I would avoid working out around strangers (my brother's roommate) at all costs.

The trip went well and we're having a nice visit so far. =)

LouisaH
11-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Yay, today is over!

TERAPET: Yes, sorry to be cryptic. I run a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture with multiple farms and local food suppliers for 315 members at four pickup locations. We typically get everything out over Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, but we did it all in one day (lots of organization, prep and chaos). It went quite well though, and it's over! Congratulations on making your goal this month before Thanksgiving--hope you can maintain it over Thanksgiving; you certainly are having better control over your will power than I am!

Hopeful8: I totally hear you on the slowing down as you get close to your final goal. It's really frustrating, but when I think of it in terms of maintenance, it's kind of a relief. I'm not sure how I would be able to figure out maintenance if I came flying into my goal wait and then had to come to a screeching halt on the wait loss. I'm learning how I can cheat one or two days a week, then get back to my structured plan the rest of the week, and maybe maintain, maybe drop a pound. We'll be there before we know it--great work!

ruth135: Don't get discouraged, just keep on drinking that water and sticking to the plan, and it'll come off!

The Bunneh: Way to go! Get those workouts in so you can enjoy yourself guilt free!

I was up to 150 this morning, but as Tom is riding piggy back, I'm not surprised. I didn't help tomorrow's prospect by gorging myself on turkey and bread tonight. We roasted a small "prep turkey" for the meat and to make stock for dressing. The smallest turkey the farmer had was 14.75 pounds, lol! Oh my goodness, it's delicious. I ate turkey sandwiches for dinner. I didn't eat all THAT much, but was so full because my portions of protein and bread are generally so much smaller than they used to be. It was actually nice to enjoy the turkey like this since I never eat much on Thanksgiving, what with all the other things to taste.

Sorry I always write novels...the cats won't listen to me.

WendyRN
11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Goals have all been met for me! I weighed in this morning at 173.8! And I've tracked everything & followed the healthy eating guidelines for WW... Please mark me all in red! :carrot:

Ms Perception
11-24-2010, 12:48 PM
November Goal List

Ms Perception
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone!
I don't know why I didn't get on here yesterday...te day just got away from me. I was doin so well early in the day, then after I got the kids from school, DD helped me make a snack for her class for today since her actual b-day is Friday and there isn't school. Anyway, we made that snack with Chex called "Muddy Buddies" (I've heard others call it "Puppy Chow") and I divided it out into little cupcake cups for her class and darn it if we didn't end up with enough extra for the kids to snack on and me to get myself into trouble with. I haven't had that stuff for years but I'm such a sucker for chocolate/peanut butter snacks. Anyway, that and a turkey dinner did me in. I'm up almost a full pound today. So much for saving up cals for the weekend.
Today, I've once again busied myself with scrapbooking and will behave. I know I can behave tomorrow. It's just one meal at the in-laws and I'll keep it to one plate and moderate portions. I'm more concerned I'll go a little crazy with traveling Friday, which will conclude with an Italian dinner for supper to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday. (Her birthday is in January, but my aunt insisted on celebrating it now while we're all together.) Then Saturday is all day feasting at my aunt's, where we are staying. I am doing my part to keep it healthy by bringing a 3-Bean salad for my dish for supper Saturday.
How's that for a novel?! The dog doesn't listen to me either, LouisaH!

CONGRATS to WendyRN and TERAPET for reaching their goals!!!!

Hopeful8
11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Well I have to say that I'm absolutely relieved this morning. Due to our work requirements DH and I decided to do Thanksgiving yesterday. We didn't go overboard and we had a total vegetarian meal. I did eat quite a bit because it was so yummy and I was a little nervous. But to my surprise I saw a .4lb loss this morning!!!!! As of today I'm 3.4lbs away from my November goal. I'm not sure if I'll make it but I'm so pleased with my progress for this month.

Ms.P- I totally hear you about flying right in to maintenance. There was a period between June and October where I didn't get to the gym at all and I had a 3 week vacation. I was able to completely maintain my weight through food. I didn't lose but I didn't gain either. I was nice to know that I actually learned enough about food and my body to maintain that particular weight.

I've had this same avatar for months now, and I'm super excited that tomorrow may be the day that I get to change it to "60".

LouisaH
11-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I feel like I'm monopolizing this thread, but I promised myself to try to check in daily, so here I am again. I was up another .6 pounds, landing me at 150.6, which makes me none too happy. I didn't track calories today, and I cooked/prepped food all day. Don't even know or feel like figuring out my cals, so I'm going to bed instead.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Think small portions, and eat all the healthy foods before putting any of the deadly stuff on your plate!

VickieLou
11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
:turkey: :thanks2: :thanks1: :happ3:

I don't know why I didn't put the decimal in my SW. Anyhow, I checked today and I reached my 10 LB Goal. My SW: 251.8 CW: 241.6 (-10.2).

I won't have time to finish the beck diet book. So at least I reached half my goal! :jig: :dancer: :cheer2: :cheer3: :congrat: This is the most weight I lost in a month for the whole year.

My Goals for November: SW: 251 GW: 241

Lose 10 LBS.

Read the rest of The Beck Diet.

Ms Perception
11-25-2010, 10:21 PM
A huge Congrats to you VickieLou!! Way to go reaching goal! You must feel incredble. I know you've had some months of little or no progress, so I'm totally rejoicing with you in this victory!

Happy Thanksgiving all! I had a good day with exercise and eating not too badly, so we'll call it a success! :D

LouisaH
11-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Chicklets, are we assessing the aftermath? The scales were friendly this morning, staying under 150, and I did Zumba for two hours today, so I'm feeling pretty good about having gotten through this holiday. I do have a fridge full of leftovers, but I can practice portion control.

VickieLou: I'm so proud of you. I haven't lost ten pounds in one month since I first started, so I know how energized and encouraged and proud of yourself you must feel. And doing it at this time of year is no small feat--congratulations! Keep it up and breeze through December too, while you're at it!

MsP: Good for you for a successful Thanksgiving. I certainly ate and drank way more calories than I should have, and I was way too full, and all that, but I judge success by how I felt in control and relaxed about yesterday, and how I feel today, which is not discouraged and ready to get back on the downward trend to my final goal. wahoo!

TheBunneh
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, we head home tomorrow and then it's time to face the scale. I'm pretty hopeful because I feel like I've done well. I've worked out a few times and tried really hard to eat right. Part of me feels like I'm just going to automatically go up a few pounds because of the car ride though, so I'm not going to take Mondays weight 100% seriously. I'm crossing my fingers for Tuesday to be at least 174.8 again.

Oh, and I bought a hamster! We were going to wait until we were back in Utah to get one, but we stopped by the pet store yesterday and they were 50% off. Does anyone here have any experience getting hamsters used to being held? I know it's mostly just the more you play with them the friendlier they get, but any tips are appreciated.

tttellier
11-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Congrats VickieLou! That is such a great accomplishment!

I have been having a hard time getting my exercise in with my son out of school, but am planning to start hitting the gym tomorrow. Wish myself and everyone a great week!

TERAPET
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I have been out of control the last few days but I am ready to get back to my happy, structured place now. It is funny, I pretty much ate and drank what I wanted for the past four days but it was really not all that satisfying. I think I remembered some of it as better than it really was and partly I have a lot of guilt when I eat and drink that much. And also fear of going back to eating poorly and putting back on the weight. I expect food issues will always be a struggle for me.

eclipse
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, it's pretty clear I'm not going to make goal for this month, unless I lose two lbs in the next two days! This has been a very slow month, but I've been doing everything I need to do - so I'll just keep hanging in there!

TheBunneh
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
O.M.G!! 172.8! :woohoo:

I did it! I lost weight on vacation, and during thanksgiving!

I was 172.4 when we got in last night, and I figured it was just because I was dehydrated and expected a large jump up this morning. But it was only a tiny jump! :carrot:

So I made my second goal for the month, to have at least maintained my weight during the trip.

MysticBliss
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.

Monday morning weigh in time has me down 2 lbs to 264, despite the big pig out on Thanksgiving day. Yay! I am really starting to feel the weight loss now, my pants and shirts are all becoming very loose. I can't wait to be able to buy new clothes.

I am 2 lbs short of my 8 lbs goal weight but I have met all of my other goals this month...logged all food and water intake.

@ eclipse I'm 2 lbs short of my goal for the months as well, disappointing but we both lost weight this month, definitely a good thing. Keep up the good work.

@ VickieLou Congrats girl! Way to go.

Ms Perception
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
November Goal List

Ms Perception
11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Okay, ladies....I'm back from my Thanksgiving weekend. I'm up a couple pounds this morning, but we'll see what I can do about it for the next couple days. I felt in control and good except after supper Saturday, I regretted the cake I had and last night I had a piece of pie that I could've done without. All in all, I'm happy with my choices for the weekend.
I'm off to set up the December thread, so I can continue focusing on coming through the holidays healthy and in control. :D Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/218411-december-weight-loss-challenge.html#post3586634

Great job, MysticBliss and TheBunneh for goals met!!

LouisaH
11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Wow, did anyone see the weekend? I think I blinked. I had a major NSV while clothes shopping on Saturday. I went in and picked a couple of things to try, and the fitting room gal came by and hung a few things over the door saying "I brought you a couple other outfits to try." They were size SMALL shirts and size 6 and 8 pants and skirts. Is she nuts? But they all fit on my body. Okay, so the shirts made me look like a hooker, and I'm not into that look. But she said when she saw I'd picked size 10s she wondered what was up because I just look really small. I almost cried, or hugged her, or something. I know a lot of it is vanity sizing, but still, it felt awesome.

Anyway, I was up over 150 for the weekend, back to 149.8 this morning, and hoping to get a pound off before the 1st. But I over ate and drank wine tonight by accident, so we'll see.

Hopeful8
11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Well I didn't meet my overall goal for the month of November. My final weight was 148.6. I'm not disappointed at all. My diet and exercise are back on track and I'm feeling great. Congrats to all who made their goals! Here's to a successful December :carrot:

ruth135
11-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Ladies
So I ate way to much on Thanksgiving and didn't track my calories the next three days, plus tons of shopping kept me from exercising. But yesterday I was ready to get back on track and did very well with my eating and exercising. So today I am only up a .6 so I'm pretty happy about that. I didn't meet my overall goal of 7 lbs but I did lose about 5 so I am pleased.
See you chicks on the December challenge!

Ms Perception
11-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey all! Kinda blew it today at lunch. I got carried away with it, but the day's not over and I can eat right the rest of the day. I'm still holding all the weekend weight as of this morning so I fear I will show very little loss for the month. :( Kinda disappointing, but I've been very pleased with my food logging and consistant exercise. I will continue with those good habits and build on them.
What's the deal with me not getting back to last year's weight?! It shouldn't be that tough, but I keep shooting myself in the foot. Another positive note is that while "average" people are gaining weight this holiday season, I am holding steady and slowly losing. Gotta keep reminding myself of these good things....

patzi
11-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi..
I put two messages on in the past three days and don't see them.. Just testing to see if this goes thru.

Patzi

My Michelle
11-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Well, I got really close to 150 flat, low weight of the month was 150.2, so I'm pleased with the progress this month! I'm looking forward to seeing the 140s next month!

susiemartin
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Check In Time

I made my goal....then didn't by the end of the month:(

Ms. P - You have to un-Red me :D

I can't claim my goal because I gained this month & didn't lose. Never mind that I'm lighter today than I was on November 1st. What I weighed on the first was "water weight". I weighed 230.0 on the nose this morning - that's my real weight.
I'm heading over to the December challenge and get ready for December.

I am worth it
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Time to check in

1st the good news: I did eat more vegetables this month. :carrot:

Now the bad news: I ate more sugar than I had planned on and I only exercised my resistance muscle when I remembered - which wasn't very often. :( So obviously I didn't make my weight goal. In fact I'm up .2 of a lb to 141.6. But, I keep thinking about what Lewisempire and Louisa H were saying about people gaining 15 lbs over the holidays. I KNOW this would have been me this year if I hadn't joined this challenge. :yes: So I head into December with a positive attitude. :)

shoeless
12-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Well, didn't quite make the numbers - have only (only!?) lost 4lbs this month, but I did reach my next minigoal and I have now lost 7 inches overall, so I'm not too down about it!! Here's to December!

X

Ms Perception
12-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Well, ladies, after my Thanksgiving weekend and not exactly being angelic this week, I netted a whopping 1 pound loss for November. OOPS! December will be better!