Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 09:42 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 11/4 - 11/10

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 11-04-2002, 09:48 AM   #2  

Carla - great idea to freeze the Halloween leftovers.

Karen - sorry to hear about those mini-bars but good for you for getting rid of all the candy. Did you get to the gym?

Janie - sorry to hear about your mom. I hope things went well - it must be very tough.

I'm happy to announce that I had a 2.2 loss this week! So far so good with my goal of 2 pounds per week by Thanksgiving. The closing never went through - they screwed something up - I was ve aggravated but I exercised when I got home and felt better afterwards. The haircut and massage were wonderful. Saturday was a good although a tough day - I saw my friend - she was really glad that I came. She starts chemo tomorrow. Tony and I went out to dinner on Saturday - I wanted ribs - I knew it was comfort food but I figured if I didn't go nuts it would be OK. I didn't go nuts so I'm please with that. I got in a bunch of exercise yesterday and plan on doing an aerobic tape at lunch today.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/158.2/135
Old 11-04-2002, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Karen - Yep, I know those candy bars taste delicious out of the freezer as well. Fortunately I have a deep freezer in the basement, so I figure if I do want one, I'll have to work that much harder.

Janie - Hope you're enjoying your days off.

Judy - Whoo Hoo! Great loss girlfriend! Bummer about the closing, but good for you for working out your aggrevation with exercise. And good for not going nuts at dinner on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed the ribs - I love ribs.

Had an ok weekend. Not much else to say about it. The sun is shining which is good.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 11-05-2002, 08:33 AM   #4  

Wow - it sure is quiet this week so far.

Carla - glad to hear you had an OK weekend. How is your knee doing? Have you been able to walk or bike?

I had a good day yesterday - ate to 1/2 point under maximum and got in a good session of aerobics. I also had good news about my friend - the cancer has not metastacized (sp?) - she had a test on Friday because there was something they found with the CAT scan but it turned out negative.

In the office today - I hope to do a quick yoga tape when I get home but I'm not really too successful at doing that when I go into the city. Oh well, all I can do is try.

Now for a minute on my soapbox - GET OUT AND VOTE!!! It's a privilege that so many people around the world don't have and would do anything to have!

Judy
Old 11-05-2002, 09:21 AM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Just have a minute to post before work.

Judy - congrats on your big loss. Way to go!!!! That's very good news about your girlfriend!

Carla - our deep freeze is only in the garage...not much work involved in getting there.

Janie - I hear you re your Mom. It isn't easy. My MIL is in care with advanced AD, and my FIL lives with us with early AD. It's a heartbreaker.

Have done pretty well over the weekend. Went to Costco last night and succumbed to chocolate mini donuts. What was I thinking?! Oh well. Back to it today. I'll have to make amends at the gym tonight - and yes, Judy, I actually did get there the other day.

Have a good one.

Karen
Old 11-05-2002, 11:58 AM   #6  

Hi all.

Judy - That's great news about your friend. Much easier to battle this ugly disease when it's contained to one area. My knees are ok, thank you, for the past couple of days at least. My ankle - the good one - has been really bothering me. I've got on the web and looked for an orthopedic surgeon in my area - so hard to decide who to go with. I'd call my doctor for a referral, but he's a few towns over and would most likely refer me to someone at his hospital. I'd rather stick close to home. I haven't hobbled down to the basement to get on the bike, but tomorrow plan on getting into an early a.m. routine. I should be able to bike even when the ankle hurts and I have to do this. I have to think of it like taking blood pressure meds - my doctor's prescribed it. On the positive side - I agree with you completely about voting and have already done so today. Unfortunately, none of our candidates for major state office excite me. As our local paper said "The scary thing about the race for govenor in IL is that one of the major party candidates will win." So basically we voted for the lesser of two evils. Still, I take my right to vote very seriously and wouldn't think of missing an election.

Karen - Chocolate mini donuts would be hard for me to pass by too. Good for you for getting to the gym the other night.

It's a gray rainy day here. Good day for a nap, that's for sure. I had an ok day yesterday. I didn't get the candy in the freezer yet, so I picked at some of our leftovers. Ana seems to have forgotten she ever got candy. Wish I could be more like her.

Have a good day everyone.

Carla
Old 11-06-2002, 09:16 AM   #7  

Karen - Sorry to hear about the chocolate mini donuts. Those would be hard for me to pass up (the Entemann's chocolate donuts are one of my favorites!) Hey, donuts happen - just tally the damage and move on (and throw out the rest of the donuts). Way to go about the gym. Did it feel good to get back there?

Carla - Sorry to hear about your ankle but you are right, the bike shouldn't aggravate it all. Do you know anyone in your neighborhood who has gone to an orthopedist? It is hard picking doctors. It's pretty gray and rainy here too. Especially yucky because our driveway isn't going to be done for a couple of weeks still (the rest of it has to settle it seems) and it was pretty muddy this morning. Hey, if Ana has forgotten about the candy, throw it out, freeze it or give it away!

I did not have a good night last night. I ended up basicaly eating all of my activity points and the half of a food point I banked - it was emotional eating for sure (election related). I've estimated the points (didn't weigh the bread or measure the Smart Balance before I ate it) and put it behind me. We had a very salt laden diet last night so I am going to be guzzling water tonight. I didn't do yoga last night - I hope to get in *some* kind of quick exercise session tonight. Of course, my record of exercising on the days I''m in the office is about 1 in 100! Ah well, all I can do is try.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Judy - SOrry to hear you had a rought night last night. Mine wasn't stellar either. But you've talleyd up, which is good. And you didn't use points that you didn't have. Also good. So you'll bounce back. No, I don't know anyone around here that's used an orthopedist, so I think I'm going to have to eeny, meeny, miney, mo it. The website I'm using (which is for a hospital network) is full of information such as where the doctiors went to school, did their internship, etc. and what their specialities are. So I should be able to make a semi-informed decision.

It's a gray day here inside and out. The weather is yucky and my mood is matching it. I was up 4.8 pounds this morning. I'm not sure what that's all about. I mean I was expecting a loss and I did get into the candy, but I certainly didn't overeat to that degree. Meals have been sane, no eating out, etc. Yesterday evening when I was coming home from Ana's dentist appointment what should have been a 2o minute trip took 45 minutes due to stop and go traffic. And I knew what keeping my foot on the brake was going to do to my knee and I was right. I feel like my body is just breaking down on me. If I could only have one day where I could walk normally without pain. I'll go to an orthopedist, but I know what the answer really is. I have to get this weight off. I have to buckle down. I'm so tired of feeling like this. Oprah today had women who are morbidly obese - 300 and more pounds. I saw so much of myself in them. It helped to light a fire in me, so that was good. I know that I'm going to have to turn to a journal rather than food. I know that I'm going to have to deal with the issues that make me turn to food. I know it's not going to be easy, but I also know that I'll do it. So, next week plan on me reporting a good loss. And if all I can do for exercise on any given day is walk for 5 minutes, then that's what I'll do. I'll get there.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 11-06-2002, 04:05 PM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy uh.....sorry

Hi Ladies. I've had good intentions of staying on plan, but after the tallying up......I've been very over in my pts and ashamed of the 'impulse sweets' that I ate.(sounds like a common problem for sure....) Suffice to say that my pts were
W E I G H O V E R !!!!(pun intended) I'm having difficulty in breaking the cycle of those darn fun size halloween bars!!!! I must also be retaining water big time, because my rings are so tight on my now sausage like fingers. I am here in spirit(and sometimes lurk) but I don't want to abandon this thread all together. I do want to start fresh but really need to do 'baby steps' to get there. Sorry for not posting more.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #10  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink okay.....here's another try

I tallied up my "disasterous" (sp?) day yesterday and actually it wasn't too bad. I was only over my day by 3 pts. So today, I've started with BABY STEPS, and have begun to write in my journal. Did anyone happen to watch yesterdays' Oprah show? She had several 300+lb ladies on and made an effort to uncover the 'real reason' for the uncontroable eating patterns. She found that most of the guests were 'covering up pain and emotion" with binge eating to hid numb the body. It hit a nerve with me and I'm going to try harder. Another reason to be back (with full force) is I saw a picture of me while volunteering at my son's school and I was really taken aback.....I look about 5 mos pregnant. Why is it that most the weight shifts to the tummy? Well, thats all I need.....is for someone to come up and congratulate me. NOT!!!! So here I am with my babysteps and a committment to cut my day up into 'doable' steps. Breakfast this morning was great and already working on my water.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:11 AM   #11  

Carla - sorry to hear about the gain - you know, I look on it as a good thing and I'll tell you why. When I had that 5+ gain a couple of weeks ago, it really shook me up. It made me look at what I was doing (not getting anywhere) and made me think what I really wanted out of all this. I can't say I've been perfect since then (who ever is?) but I have found myself more focused and more ready to say to myself "Do you want that because you are hungry? If you eat that because you are XXXX (Fill in the blank), will you feel better afterwards or worse?" There have actually been a couple of times when I've opted NOT to eat whatever it was. I taped Oprah yesterday and watched it last night. I think it's great that you identified with the women. I think that plus the gain is a really good opportunity and I already "hear it" in your voice that you are taking that opportunity. You go girl - we WILL do this!

Angel-eyes - good to hear from you. Please don't be ashamed of the impulse sweets. Beating ourselves up for our slips doesn't help us in the long run. It's over and done with - we'll all move on together - taking baby steps if we have to!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I managed to eat 1/2 point under max and get all my "milks" in by making myself a chocolate soy shake in the blender with frozen strawberries later in the evening - it was suprisingly filling. I did not get any exercise in yesterday but plan on doing a strength workout later today.

I'd better go dial in to a meeting - I hope to be back later.
Judy
Old 11-07-2002, 12:26 PM   #12  

Hi all.

angel - Three points over isn't bad at all. Baby steps will get you there. I saw the Oprah show and it moved me powerfully. Although intellectually I knew that I wasn't the only one out there doing some of the things those women talked about, hearing them take about it drove it home. I found it very inspiring. I have been congratulated on my pregnancy and asked how far along I was when I've never been pregnant in my life. It hurts, that's for sure.

Judy - Thanks for the pep talk. You're right, there is a plus side to that gain. That shake sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try it, only with vanilla soy milk. I don't like chocolate and fruit together.

The sun came out yesterday afterrnoon, and it's still out today, and likewise my mood improved. I shut down the little pity party I was throwing for myself. Any way, a bit more than a pound was off this morning - most likely water. I just got off the bike a bit ago, so I'm feeling good about that. The real test will be tomorrow, when I'll have to drag my butt out of bed at 6:00 in order to get the bike in before Ana gets up. I went a few points over yesterday, but all in all ate much more sanely.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
271/271.4/243 - 1st 10%
Old 11-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #13  

Carla - I'm so glad that the sun came out for you (in more ways than one). Good for you for getting on the bike! How did you do this morning? I was reading that some of my videofitness friends who exercise very early in the morning use these sunrise clocks - they start lighting up slowly a 1/2 hour before the time set so you wake up gently - I've been thinking that I'd like to do some kind of exercise on the days I go into the city, but there is just no way I'm going to do it when I get home, so, you guessed it - before work. Of course, the biggest problem is that I don't go to sleep early enough.

I had a so-so day yesterday - I ended up snacking a bit too much late last night - ate all the activity points I had earned and maybe 1 or 2 more. I did a tough aerobic tape this morning which has given me a few activity points to bank. My goal for the day (and more importantly the evening!) is to eat a point or two below max and guzzle that water. We are taking my step-daughter out for her birthday tomorrow evening at our favorite Italian restaurant. Our grandson will be coming too. I plan on eating very low point tomorrow for breakfast and lunch. I won't have a lot of points in the bank but I'm going to try to stay away from the bread and eat moderately.

Have a great weekend all - this is a 3 day weekend for me (yay!). I may go see my friend on Sunday if she wants company. Reminder to self - take out your journal tonight and write a little bit - maybe that will help me if the weekend is a little tough (if my friend is really sick).

Judy
Closed Thread