South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default For those who have more than 100lbs to lose,

do you exercise, and if so, how much. When do you expect to reach your goal?

I exercise 10mins a day but not consistently and I hope to reach goal by August, but it'll probably be October unless I speed up exercise.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #2  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

Woof. I can't imagine losing 100 lbs! But I dearly would like to see it happen! I am shooting for a number I know I will see- 180, because I don't want to aim too high and fail myself? If that makes sense!

150, I would love it!!!

I need to start going to the gym on a regular basis but I admit I've not done it yet. I am a full-time LVN student so while that does suck up a lot of time, I KNOW there are times I should be out doing something. I just haven't gotten that "oomph" going yet!

I hope to be 180 by March... we like to go on a lil trip for our anniversary and I think that would be a good goal date. Now after that is no-man's land and a number I've never seen before. I recall being 176 when I was a jr. in high school... *way way way a long time ago* So 15 years later... is it possible? We'll see
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You can lose all the weight you need to be healthy Ladyw, just work at it!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #4  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I had 108 lbs. to lose when I started. Down 60 since June 15th. I attribute a great deal of the weight loss to exercise. I exercise for 1 hour every day. It seemed like a lot at first, but not anymore. I figured out how much time I spent watching TV and on the computer and started exercising for at least one hour of that. I belong to a gym, I run, ride a bike, exercise at home, walk, whatever I can to get in physical activity every day. It makes me feel so much better.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #5  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good evening FO - Good question. I didn't exercise during the first two weeks of phase one because of several reasons, too heavy, didn't feel like it, was having foot problems, etc. However, now that I've gotten a little weight off, I'm feeling much better and have just recently started walking. Granted it isn't a 5K but I am out there walking and plan on increasing my distance. I will not commit to doing it every day though as I believe that is one committment that would only be broken. Instead, I plan on walking as often as I can.

As far as reaching my goal, right now I choose to focus on a short term goal of getting below 280. Once I accomplish that, I will decide what my next goal will be. I posted a goal weight of 175, however, I have no idea if that is realistic or not.........time will tell. Right now I need to work in the here and now.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I have always exercised. Most of it has been walking and weight training but I count it because I'm moving my body . I went through a couple months where I tried to step up the intensity but it stalled my weight loss completely so I backed off again. My body is strange sometimes :P.

I think it's important to keep your muscles intact while you lose weight which is why I weight train.

As far as your goals... be careful not to be too ambitious... you'll get discouraged if you're not losing as fast as you'd like. To lose 150 lbs in a year you'll have to consistently lose 3 lbs a week and that's hard to do. It's taken me nearly 2 years to lose this 90 lbs (with a few periods of purposeful maintenance). I'm ok with that. I don't care how long it takes as long as the scale moves down and not back up .

Best of luck with your goals!

Last edited by ValRock; 10-31-2010 at 12:48 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Because of my health issues and my inherent laziness, I'm not good about exercising regularly, especially once it gets cold outside. I love swimming, and the water is the only place I can exercise hard for more than a few minutes. I can get in 40 minutes of intense exercise in the water, on land I've got about 5 minutes before I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack and/or spontaneously combust. I especially hate the overheating really. I swim in an indoor warm-water therapy pool, so weather really isn't an excuse, but I do tend to avoid the pool more in the winter.

I bought a stability ball, and I can get a fair amount of exercise on it, without really noticing. It's fun, so I use it as a chair and "dance" on the ball. Because it's fun, and doesn't feel like a lot of work, I didn't realize how much work my legs and back were doing just to sit on the darned thing (I exercised intensely for about 10 minutes, and then I just sat on it while watching tv for about two hours). I woke up the next day with my legs (especially my hamstring area and lower back) so sore I could barely walk (and walked with a definite bend forward).

Music helps me a lot. One of the things on my wish list is a waterproof MP3 player.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

I exercise twice a day, 5 times a week. In the afternoon, before work, I walk a little over a mile on the treadmill at the gym. After work I go back to the gym and I walk another 1.5 or 1.75 miles (depends on my mood as to how fast I make the treadmill go) and do 20 minutes on the elliptical. I've recently started riding a bike and, when I do that, I use it in place of my morning workouts.

I hope to be at my goal (total of 166 pounds lost, of which I've lost 86) by the end of next Summer. We shall see!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I really like to exercise and it helps my mood. When I started I was weight training with a trainer but I couldn't bring myself to do cardio. So I worked out with the trainer 2x a week for 30 minutes a session and lost no weight from 10/09-4/10. But I felt better, got stronger and got in the habit of going to the gym.

Then I lowered my portion sizes, started eating low fat/low carbs, and added 30 minutes of intervals on the Elliptical to my workouts. Since then I have lost 33 lbs in about 5 months.

I think there is something very helpful about weight training combined with cardio that really helps, at least in my case. A trainer has been key in keeping me going back.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote