General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/150

Height: 5'10

Default Halloween Costumes

All of my friends have the cutest - not too skanky - Halloween costumes this year... and I will be working, then coming home to finish a media project. It's probably a good thing because on this diet I can't drink-- so frat parties don't seem as appealing... and I definitely don't feel secure enough to wear a really cute Halloween costume. And I got to thinking about how I have not worn a legitimate Halloween costume since like... grade school. And even then my mom had to be choosy because I was a big girl.

I guess it's inspiration to be done with this diet by next Halloween-- and my sister's wedding, since she's having a costume prenup party! I wonder if my mind will match my body by then, and I'll actually feel secure enough to wear a costume?

Anyone else think it's kind of depressing not being able to wear the less skanky sexy Halloween costumes?

Anyone reach their weight loss goal and wearing something cute out this weekend?!
sweetsmmr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm not too bummed about it. Dear hubby has to work EVERY weekend, so same for this weekend. i hope his new sched. with some weekends off kicks in soon. in the meantime i'm not too bummed without him, halloween isn't a big deal. i'm only interested in wearing the outfit at home anyway. most importantly, still look way better than last year. or any year my kids can remember for that matter! so i can't not feel proud of that

now we just need to work on our goals for christmas...then we can really look cute :P wearing something .....to say merrry christmas is way better than halloween anyway lol.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Rofl...you know what..I would be skanky if I thought I could rock it!

Instead I chose a witch costume this year. It is long in the back and tiers to a pretty short front. It is low cut. I also got pink false eyelashes and super long hot pink nails. It will have to be "skanky" enough for me this year!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Best Halloween costume I ever saw was a few years ago. A friend dressed in black pants, black sweater, beret and painted on a wee mustache. He carried a fluffy feather and was a "French Tickler".
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Sexy doesn't have to be waifishly skinny. There are a few costumes that a bigger girl can rock better than the twiggy girls.

The secret is boobage and cleavage. My two favorite costumes have been the ren-fair type "wench" and the Wagnerian Valkyrie (the "fat lady" with the viking helmet).

About 10 years ago I made a Simplicity pattern. I think it was this one (unfortunately, they've discontinued the size that was 28/30/32).

http://www.simplicity.com/p-2022-costumes.aspx

Sadly the one plus size one I could find was skanky (although some of them would be cute with a longer skirt):

http://www.simplicity.com/p-3035-wom...-costumes.aspx

My wench costume went over far better than I ever would have expected. Even though I was about 350 lbs at the time, I got a lot of positive attention (and got hit on by both men and women. Cleavage rocks!)

Tonight I'm going to a Halloween party as the Valkyrie. I wish I had a better wig, but I think it's going to be fun.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Ooh found this one too

http://www.simplicity.com/p-3035-wom...-costumes.aspx

I may have to buy this one, as (in different fabric) it's pretty close to the one I made years ago (and wish I still had).

And this one too

http://www.simplicity.com/p-5262-plu...-costumes.aspx

Last edited by kaplods; 10-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #7  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I've not reached my weight loss goal yet, but I'm going as a French maid! I didn't wear a costume at all last year, but I feel so much better this year than I did then, so I thought why not?
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Halloween is my all time favorite holiday! It's more fun that Thanksgiving and Christmas combined! I have several costumes in my closet and selected a black witch dress with turquoise lacy sleeves, a matching witch hat, and a turquoise cord belt. I really wanted to wear something sleeker and sexier this year but I didn't want to go shell out the money for yet another plus sized costume when next year at this time I want to be able to buy the "one size fits all" costume and it look hot on me.

Next year I really want to go as Cleopatra and rock the house in it!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote