South Beach Diet - Witching Weekend Chat!

View Full Version : Witching Weekend Chat!

BellaLucia
10-30-2010, 01:34 AM
My last Halloween being fat is a good one. I am feeling good about life!

Natasha1534
10-30-2010, 02:04 AM
I'll be working for Halloween this year. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :( I mean boo as in YUCK not boo as in BOO, SCARED YA!!!

BelovedK
10-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Good morning FO and Natasha!!

Happy Halloweeeennn!!! (early) let's drag this out LOL

Everyone at work is dressing up. I thought about going as a bellydancer, but I don't look as good in my costumes with my extra poundage (though it is getting better) I am being lame and not dressing :o

Waiting for DH to get out of the bathroom so I can weigh (it could be a while ) LOL

BelovedK
10-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Natasha, I'm sorry you have to work :( I am doing my friend's hair for her wedding and then helping set up all day Sunday so it is like I am working, an I work a long day today (so I know how you feel :hug: )

Lexxiss
10-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

You three have made me laugh out loud even before finding my first cup of coffee!

Okie, thanks for getting us started and what a great alliteration! I know how you feel-I've already spent my last Halloween fat (actually 5 years ago) and I have absolutely no desire to go back no matter what sacrifices I have to make. I made DH cookies last night and ate 1 while I watched him eat 8-it's just not worth it! See you later??

Natasha, Boo! Just think vacation money!!

BelovedK, sounds like a very busy weekend! Next year you can go as a belly dancer again!

Cyndi, are you coming this next week?? Seriously, I'd love to meet up with you two for dinner. Then DH and I could spend the night in Santa Fe and call it our anniversery, which is the 30th. I have several rugs I'd like to get appraised.

Me, slept in a bit and the troops are rising with me. :shrug: Oh, well. I have a long list this morning, but all good since the infamous piano music is done.
Today:
make raspberry jam
strain chokecherries and deliver juice to mom
go to breakfast with mom
go to Denver for errands
walk 2 miles
eat OP

Other than that, it's a lazy day.

CyndiM
10-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Wow, I sleep in until 6 and there's all kinds of fun stuff happening. I always suspected that when I was a kid but I thought I was wrong ;)

Okie- love your attitude :)

Natasha - Me too, if it's any consolation. To be honest all I'd do is the same old stuff if I wasn't working. At least I'll be in town so I'll get to see some cute kids.
It's all hills and more around here too. My first regular route was downhill from my house then up all the way to the next town. That way most of the ride back was down (except for that last steep bit!). I see people biking in the mountains all the time. I still can't imagine that.

Beloved - my last fat costume was a lumberjack. I haven't done a costume since. Not sure what I would do now.

Debbie - We aren't coming until mid-December. I'll pm you as soon as I get the confirmations from our travel office. I would love to get to Santa Fe but it probably isn't happening this time. I can either take a couple of days to bird Bosque or go to Santa Fe. The birds always win :)

Today is my normal weekend day so all the usual chores. It's chilly here so I'm looking forward to the crockpot running and some baking bread. I'll get apples in the dryer to round things out :)

Lexxiss
10-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Cyndi, I hope you got some needed rest! Mid-December would work out just fine! It's just an hour back north to Santa Fe so we'd probably just meet you for dinner mid-week and then drive north for the night. Santa Fe has an outdoor Indian market year round, which we always enjoy visiting. I think Sorcorro is out for us this year because we'll need to bring Rudi and Bing, since Rudi is just too needy for him to stay with anyone, even for a night. He did fine when we went to Lake Tahoe. Someday, I'm going to revive your bread recipe, but for now, I just have too many projects, and Whole Foods is making 2 great sprouted breads, which I enjoyl

Ruthxxx
10-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Okie, just read that dieters who get 8 hours of sleep lose fastest. Just sayin ...

Natasha, I hope your shifts this weekend are quiet.

Beloved, I have a Halloween dance to go to tonight and am still dithering about what to wear. I may just put on jeans and a garden shirt and cover my face with my silly looking bug veil and hat and go as a gardener.

Debbie, I don't consider 4 AM sleeping in! Your list sure doesn't make for a lazy day, IMHO.

Cyndi, NM in December sounds better than going in November. We sometimes have nice Novembers and I've got my fingers crossed that this will be one of them. Your day sounds homely - in the old sense of the word.

The usual Saturday stuff today - baking for Church coffee tomorrow and making a cheese platter and two loaves of sammies for the dance tonight. I have some boneless chicken cooking right now for a loaf of chicken salad and will do one of PB and grape jelly too. (Nobody ever makes PB & J and they go really fast. Everybody has an inner Little Kid, even our local good ole boys!)

I did get the machine quilting finished yesterday and plan to get the binding on that quilt today. There is a good chance it'll be finished for Monday morning's meeting. The dishwasher was delivered around 1 PM yesterday and is sitting in the back room waiting for the end of hunting season to be installed. As soon as it arrived, I walked down to the Lake to visit Ernie who is recovering from a hip replacement. His house is on a point and it sure was cold and windy and dark. I managed to cheer him up a bit.

Gotta get the body in gear and get dressed before I hit the kitchen chores. Enjoy your day.

cottagebythesea
10-30-2010, 07:14 AM
My goodness but you are a chatty bunch this morning! I've been trying to get as much sleep as I can to get rid of this cold. As soon as Jake gets out of the bathrooom I have to blow-dry my hair, then we're dropping my car off for it's winter maintenance. Jake needs some supplies at Home Depot, then it's home to work on the basement the rest of the day.

Heidi58
10-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I got some laundry going and some brownies in the oven before I logged on this morning and wondered what would be waiting when I popped in. :lol: Lots of chatter, but by the looks of things, most of the posts were already here when I rolled out of bed a few minutes before 7 anyway. You folks are up an at 'em early for a Saturday!

I've got a busy weekend, but I've been looking forward to it. I'm going to make a quick trip to Auburn to check out the big sale at Kohl's. I'm usually able to find very nice Christmas gifts there (my main reason for going) and while I'm there I'll try on some smaller jeans. I have a hard time believing that size 8's will really fit yet, but my 10's are baggy enough to be uncomfortable these days. If I don't find a pair of "big 8's" maybe I'll find a pair of "Little 10's" LOL I'm totally mystified by the way sizes run.... I never know what size to grab off the rack.

There's a teen event at the church this evening (with pizza, chips and brownies so I'm eating BEFORE I go and bringing OP snacks with me). I'll need to be sure to get back from the city in time to get a good walk and/or some hooping in before I head to town for that. There's a similar event for younger kids and their families tomorrow afternoon and I'm running games for that one also. Hopefully I'll have a pair of new jeans to wear to both events!

Enjoy your Saturday (working or playing) my friends. :hug:
Linda, I sure hope you feel better soon!

WaistingTime
10-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Well good morning! Wow, a lot going on here already.

I am just waiting for the weekend to be over. Both so I can be past the darn candy and neighborhood party tomorrow and to be past my son's first college apps. Maybe I should go back to bed and sleep until Monday morning!

LydiaC
10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm up dressed and waiting for my coffee to perk. I'm looking forward to another great day on the beach.

Heidi58
10-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Hello again, change of plans already.
A young friend was called into work unexpectedly, so I'll be hanging out with a toddler today instead of Christmas shopping. It's still early and Kohl's will have plenty more sales, and to tell you the truth, it will feel kind of good to hang around here today.

I finally took my shower and got a nice surprise when I weighed myself - I'm down another pound. That will make it much easier to say no to the pizza and other goodies tonight! :lol:

I also checked my email, and a friend sent me a "recent pic of hubby and me". Thought I'd share it with you ladies. :D

cottagebythesea
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Heidi, That picture is a hoot! :lol:

Ruthxxx
10-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Too funny! I just got an idea for a costume for tonight.

TallandThin
10-30-2010, 12:20 PM
FO - I like your positive thinking!

Natasha - Love your new picture. Sure can see the weight coming off. Sorry you have to work.

Beloved - You'll be back in that costume before you know it!

Lex - Sounds like you have a busy day scheduled and if you are going to walk, so am I.

Cindi - I can almost smell that bread all the way out here.

Cottage - Sounds like you are fighting that darn cold. Hope it leaves soon.

Heidi - Size 8 and 10 jeans! I can only dream.

We are getting a little rain this morning but not much. It will probably be a nice quiet day. I'll be working on our holiday project again for a while, taking a walk and whatever else the day brings.

Hope you all have a great day.

Heidi58
10-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Heidi - Size 8 and 10 jeans! I can only dream. Give it a year, Lamay. Last fall I was wearing size 22 & 24W jeans and khakis. Enjoy your walk - hopefully the rain will hold off til you get home. If our weather reports are correct we've got a couple of inches of snow on the way this evening. I love snow - but NOT before Halloween. :lol:

BellaLucia
10-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Heidi, do u have a goal story?

TallandThin
10-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Heidi, thanks for the encouragement. I needed it this morning. Yep, I just got back from my walk and the rain took a break. It smelled so fresh out there and even though my legs feels shaky, I'm glad I did it.

Natasha1534
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi again, ladies!!! Just killing a few minutes before I get ready for work. I got up early to go to a friend's wedding (he's probably the LAST male friend of mine I would've thought would be getting married...he was SUCH a dirty pig when we used to drink together, LOL). The wedding was beautiful, though, and I got a kick out of his Lt. having to do a double take before he realized who I was.

Beloved - For the record, belly dancers are supposed to have a little roll...they're not supposed to be all flat stomached and stuff. ;) Technically I guess we'll be dragging out Halloween in my area b/c they're trick-or-treating tonight (ugh, the joys of living in the Bible Belt...God forbid Halloween fall on a Sunday) anyway. Have fun at your friend's wedding!!!

Lexxiss - Breakfast w/ mom sounds great. I love when I come home from work and wake my mom up to take her to breakfast at Cracker Barrell (her favorite). There's not a whole lot of OP foods to choose from there, but it's worth it for that mother-daughter time. :) Hope you enjoyed your breakfast w/ your mom this morning.

Cyndi - I'd rather you have the day off instead of being stuck w/ me working!!! ;) Oh well...there are worse things in life, right??? At least I'm off for Thanksgiving this year...even if I am on call. Mountain biking??? Oh my...I'll NEVER be able to do that, I don't even wanna think about it, LOL

Ruth - Thanks!!! Hopefully today and tomorrow will be better than last night was. We're cooking chili Sunday at work and making grilled cheese sandwiches to go w/ it. I'm bringing my own supplies so I can stay OP. Yanno, you are SO right...even at 34 I still love some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on occasion. And grape is SO much better than strawberry!!!

Cottage - Hope you shake that nasty cold soon. Lots and lots of Vitamin C!!! ;)

Heidi - Don't be fooled...I was only "up and at 'em" b/c I hadn't gone to bed yet. ;) Good luck finding some jeans that are more comfortable!!! I wanted to cry last night when I went to Wal-mart and tried to find a nice pair of black dress pants to wear to the wedding today. The ones I tried on were cut super small and even a 26 was kinda snug. I'm comfortably in a 22 right now...it's a mind f*** to go in and try on pants 2 size bigger and still not look decent. GRR!!!

Lamay - Awww, thanks!!! :) And you keep dreaming...you'll be there all in due time. I don't know that I'll ever make it into a 10...but as long as I can make it into a 12, I'll be happy. I'm getting there...I started off in very tight 28s (some shirts were 30/32) and now I'm in 22s. So I'm half way there, LOL

Oops...hit the save button too soon. Anywho, I've got to go get ready for work. Trying to watch the GA/FL game as well. It's tied right now...I sure hope we kick some gator tail!!! See you ladies later.

Heidi58
10-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Natasha, I'm sorry about your lousy shopping experience. :( I try not to worry about the size/label and just worry about how things look on me, but to be honest it's hard not to be disappointed when the expected size is too small.

My pleasure, Lamay. I'm glad you got your walk in. :) Heidi, do u have a goal story?

I'm not quite there yet Okie. :)
When I got serious and decided to lose weight I was more focused on getting healthy and feeling good than on a specific weight goal. I figured if I could loose 50 pounds and keep it off I'd be very, very happy.

I started SBD in October of last year and was down 50 lbs in April. By then I was thinking about aiming for a healthy BMI instead of stopping at 50 lbs lost, but I felt great physically and knew I was going to have a hard summer (we'd just arranged for hospice care for my Dad). I decided to maintain for 6 months and then reevaluate.

My 6 months are up now and I'm doing my final push.
140 lbs will put me in the healthy BMI range (the very TOP of the range, but I can live with that. LOL) My goal weight is 135 so I'll have a little wiggle room.

I'm not one who likes to pose for pictures, but I've got a few photos (http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/heidi58/photos/) on my blog if you're interested.

zeffryn
10-30-2010, 05:45 PM
5k. completed.

next up, 10k in two weeks. watch out, world.

BelovedK
10-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Natasha, yes, you are right about belly dancers. I am (have been) hard on myself about my body :( I actually love the extra boobs, and the extra shake in my shimmy :) It actually makes shimmying easier, and I love how it looks on other women. I am ok in costumes for stage, but close up with my clients, not just yet. I hate when they change Halloween *irked* why can't it just be on the day that it is??? We are excited about trick or treating!!!! I'll post pics of my DD's costume next week!!!

BelovedK
10-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Hit send too soon.

Heidi, you are an inspiration, I have been trying to focus just on being healthy and knowing that the weight loss will be a byproduct.

Lamay, hope your day was nice :)

Karen, good luck with the whole college process, I am just in the drivers license phase, LOL I am with you that I want the candy to be over with, there is a bag of candy tempting me right now, but I can resist, I am feeling strong atm.

I just had a huge wave of tiredness hit me. I didn't get enough sleep last night, and was busy at work all day, then DH failed to do the dishes, so I had a huge load of cleaning to do, not to mention getting stuff in the slow cooker for tomorrow, and dinner started tonight (he soaked the dishes though) I swear, I do all of the cooking AND dishes, AND most of the cleaning... where are we? What year is it???? (I even served him eggs)

He wants to do SBD, but it seems it is up to me to make sure he has everything he needs, what an extra load of work, I think he should take some of his own responsibility, and maybe make me a list of some things he might like. I don't mind helping, but I feel that he won't start if *I* don't make it happen (?) What do you think?

Back with more personals later :D

BellaLucia
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey BelovedK, feel better! Have your husband eat what you're eating. I'm sure he's seeing results that you have been getting! Thanks Heidi!

Heidi58
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
:broc: :broc: Way to go, Zeffryn! :broc: :broc:

Beloved, I only know what works for my DH and me - and some days I don't even know that. LOL My DH also wanted to do SBD because of my success. He has lost weight because I'm serving SBD meals and have on plan snacks around, but he hasn't lost as much as he could have because he goes back and forth between being committed to getting healthy and being committed to his junk food. I suppose I could say the heck with it, if he doesn't care enough than that's his problem.... but I love him and want him to be healthier and really, it's no more work to figure out on plan meals and snacks for both of us. Now, as for doing dishes - we've been married for almost 31 years and I still haven't figured out how to get him to do the dishes while I'm at work. :lol:

Hello Okie! :wave:

BelovedK
10-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I am currently upset with my DH, but I won't get into it. I will just say that blended families are difficult, and he disapproves of some of the ways I am handling my son. I started eating almonds, and now I am craving cheese :(

BellaLucia
10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry BelovedK, you're in my thoughts!

Ruthxxx
10-31-2010, 05:56 AM
I hope today is a "sunnier" day for everyone.

Why is it that I wake very early on Sundays when Church isn't until 10:30? Last week it was at the usual 8:30 and I didn't wake up until 7:40. Oh well, I'll have time for a soak in the tub with my Macleans this cold and wet morning.

I finally finished that frassing quilt except for about 24" of hand stitching on the binding. I'll hand it in at the meeting tomorrow and that will probably be "it" for making Victoria's Quilts stuff until after Christmas. I need to get it in gear around here for my own sewing. Yesterday I put away summer pants that have been waiting for hemming since early spring!

This afternoon I'll put my nose to the grindstone and try to catch up on some reports for the Mill. Darned government! There's always something. I have to put together a large package of documentation for the auditors too.

I'm hoping the kidlets come calling nice and early tonight. Unfortunately the streetlight is burned out in front of the house so things look dark and scary down our road. I need 50 kids to save me from chips and other goodies!

Happy Halloween!
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/Beauty-is-life-blog/halloween.jpg

BelovedK
10-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Happy Halloween!!!!

I am hoping I'll fit into this one dress that I am thinking of, I was almost in it a wjhile back.

My scale is still up a pound. I think I need to stay away from my butternut squash soup, and almonds, I was (and am) just so upset and was eating :( I need to get hold of that.

The wedding I am going to is going to have pasta with different sauces for the reception, so it looks like I am not eating, I hope I stick with that, I think pasta would set me off.

Good morning everyone!!! I can't wait to post pics of my DD;s costume!!!

Heidi58
10-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Good morning Ruth and Beloved :wave:

It's dark and cold here this morning, I felt like a big bully making my pup go out into the cold freezing rain/snow mix this morning. Things are supposed to clear up by late afternoon though, so trick or treating will be cold but dry.

I had a great time at the youth rally last night, the music was awesome and the teens were a lot of fun. I did get into the brownie batter while I was baking, but other than that I stayed on plan all day. I drank diet soda and chewed sf gum all evening and avoided the pizza, chips, brownies and tons of candy. The menu is exactly the same for the kids' rally this afternoon, let's hope I can stay strong a second time. At least I won't have to bake any more brownies. I love that batter! :o

Ruth, that's one happy looking jack o'lantern! :crossed: Here's hoping you get lots of little ghosts and goblins knocking on your door tonight.

Beloved, I'm sorry your stressed right now. :hug: Good luck at the wedding, can you eat before you go? Hopefully they'll have some sort of salad or veggie tray for you to pick at. I look forward to seeing the pics of your DD in costume. :)

Good morning to the rest of you - enjoy your Halloween Sunday!

cottagebythesea
10-31-2010, 07:59 AM
:witch: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Well, we didn't get egged or TPed last night, so we survived Mischief Night. :) Our neighborhood rarely gets bothered, anyway.

It looks like we'll be putting the finishing touches on the basement today. It's turned out to be a pretty nice playroom for the grandkids, all light and bright. I do miss our old family room, but there's no use in crying over spilt milk.

We'll be going over to my son's later today to see the grandkids dressed up for Halloween but we want to get back home in time to greet our own trick-or-treaters. Jake and I both get a kick out of seeing the little ones all dressed up in their costumes.

Gotta run for now, but I'll try to check in on you all later. In the meantime, step back from the candy!

WaistingTime
10-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Good Halloween morning!

Zeff :cp:

Beloved - That's a tough one. I guess for me I'd probably do what it takes to get my husband on plan with me because it would benefit me as much as it would him. I wouldn't worry about what he likes though. Just do what YOU like!

My teen had to go to Target yesterday so I told him to buy the Halloween candy he wants since I doubt we'll get many trick-or-treaters and the leftovers will go straight to my son. I expected tempting chocolate but he came home with a bag of Laughy Taffy and Nerds and Sweet Tarts. Phew. Bad part is that he bought if for the banana taffy without realizing there was none in there!

We have a neighborhood gathering for dinner tonight. I am going late and not eating there. Just easier. I plan to have an OP Halloween!

CyndiM
10-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I actually got 8 whole hours sleep and I feel like a new woman! Then I made an actual hot breakfast. Ground chia mixed with egg makes a nice pancake-like meal with sauteed chard, veggie sausage and a little rf cheese.

Beloved - My DW did not do SBD with me, and still doesn't, kind of. I do the dinner cooking when we eat together so she does though she often adds something grainy. Eating healthier and exercising did turn out to be contagious around here though. I suspect that seeing your partner healthier and more fit and doing things you can't keep up with could be both motivation and incentive :)

Ruth - Happy quiliting! Did you go with a costume? Are there pictures?

Heidi - I'm sure I couldn't resist brownies. :crossed: good luck today. The sky has cleared and the sun is out here. Hope it's heading your way.

Cottage - congratulations, it must feel good to have that project finished. We don't get any trick or treaters where we live. Enjoy some for me.

:wave: Karen & Lydia

Zeff - Wow woman! You are really rocking the fitness thing. I'm impressed (and a bit embarrassed by my recent slugitude)

Natasha - Isn't it great when people don't recognize you right away because you look so different :)
Those crazy people are road bikers just in the mountains. I've seen people biking up mtns my car is complaining about driving up.

Lamay - way to go with the exercise. When I first started I could only manage about 15 minutes at a time. It will get better and 6 months from now you are going to be amazed at how much better you feel.

Debbie - I so want to get to Santa Fe. I've always wanted to go to the Georgia O'Keefe museum too. I wonder if I can make a run up there some evening? Guess I'll wait and see what my schedule looks like.

So in my complete insanity and inability to resist a bargain I bought a bushel of mixed winter squash yesterday. Now I need to figure out how to store it. If it isn't holding well I can always dry it for soups and mashed recipes.

Right now I need to get moving on apples. I have one batch dry and need to go buy another bushel and get more in. This afternoon it's all campaign work then dinner in town with DW. We plan to get home early enough for a relaxing evening.

LydiaC
10-31-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm up, dressed and cleaning house. Gee, nothing really different about it being the weekend.
:witch:

rdw1
10-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow- this is the most pages I have seen on a weekend thread in a while!

Still trying to catch up with everyone, work, house stuff, etc. Going back to work has really just thrown me for a loop- which sounds rediculous. I know most people work 9-5 monday-friday and I would probably be just fine if it was my regular work and not training, etc. but holy crap I am sooooo exhaused (mostly mentally, but some physically too-the hotel is huge!) I have not been keeping up with housework or anything. Last weekend we had our halloween party so that messed the house up pretty badly, then we went to a party last night... so today is being dedicated to CLEANING EVERYTHING! Its really driving me insane, I can't wait to get back to my normal shift at work that gives me one big cleaning day and then two days off :)

Oh and our heat is still out so very hard to get motivated to even get out of bed! LOL, I will quit whining now- its going to be a great day! ;0)

OOOoooh, and on the best note!!! I get to start using the gym again tomorrow! No excuses! I will do this!

Lexxiss
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone:sunny:

I am getting a super late start here. Today is a busy one because we are planning on travelling early tomorrow so I can get to my water yoga at 9am...lots on the agenda.

There's no way for me to catch up with everyone so I'll just work from memory here;

BelovedK, just take care of yourself right now. There will always be disagreements, etc, but you are amidst a really important time to be taking care of YOU. The rest will pass-don't get too worked up about butternut squash soup or a few extra almonds. Just stay the course. :hug:

Zeff, Right on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamay, I'm going to walk today because you did yesterday.

Cyndi, you would love Santa Fe...maybe if the weather is ok we could do dinner there. It's very quaint, unlike Albuquerque. You are crazy....btw...more squash.lol

Everyone else have a great day, Happy Halloween, stay out of candy, and I might get back later!!!

TallandThin
10-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I am beginning to think there is an advantage to living on the west coast because when I finally wake up and log on, it's so good having so many of you already up and getting on with your day. It's like having friends over for coffee every morning. :bat: :bat: :bat:

Ruth - Wow! That pumpkin was an eye openering:D! Hope you have plenty of kidlets coming around to save you. We live out in the country on a dead end road so never get any trick or treaters so DH gets to eat all of the "just in case" goodies. What in the heck is a MacLean?

Beloved - :dust: sent your way to stay away from that pasta and good luck with the dress.

Heidi - You old meanie making those poor pups go outside. It's :sunny: here today and I'm headed out for a walk in just a few minutes.

Cottage - Wow, finishing touches on the basement! Good for you guys. I know what you mean about a "family room" though. DH and I live in ours and our living room goes untouched most of the time.

Waisting - Great plan! There is no doubt in my mind that this Halloween will be op!

Cindi - How lucky your DW is to have you doing all the shopping and cooking. Oh how I would love that. If left on his own, my DH would starve or have to eat out all the time. Good old southern boy who has no idea what the kitchen is all about. Good luck with your bushel of squash.

Lydia - :wave:

RDW - Hey girl if you get tired cleaning over there, there is plenty to do here. You sound a lot like my Granddaughter who is a teacher and going to school for her masters. She just says there isn't enough time for housecleaning but thankfully here DH is a good cook and is helping her with both the cooking and cleaning. She will graduate this coming February and things will be easier then. Like I tell here, the dust and cobwebs will still be there so do what you have to do now and don't worry about them.

Lex - I'm walking again today so if you want to keep up, come on!

Hope you all have a wonderful on plan day.

Later

BellaLucia
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Happy Halloween chickies! I want to see your costume too BelovedK.

Lexxiss
10-31-2010, 05:06 PM
It's 3pm here and I'm going to say hello to the Beck crew then shut down my computer for the day. Kirk expressed that he would like to leave tonight rather than the AM. I think it's doable. We'll have the car packed and leave when the candy runs out. See ya'll in November!

ETA-Lamay, I did walk...1.5m. It was just being crazy here and it's so easy to put it off for another day, but I'm glad I did.

BelovedK
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I am the one in the blonde "hair", and the other woman is the bride. And the other pics are my DD in partial costume (pre-blood) and her fangs were too uncomfortable, she didn't wear them.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/BelovedK/DSC03978.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/BelovedK/DSC04060.jpg

Natasha1534
10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!!! :)

Beloved - First off, super cute pictures!!! It was you that was helping do your friend's hair for their wedding, right??? Good job...her hair looks beautiful!!! ;) I agree w/ you that your hubby needs to be responsible for his own stuff...that or he can just eat whatever you fix for yourself and STFU if he don't like it, LMFAO. I'm a huge advocate of frying pans upside the head to keep hubbys in line...I'm just sayin' ;)

Ruth - Ain't that always the way it works out??? If I think I'm running behind I always end up rushing so much that I wind up being ready 10 - 15 minutes earlier than normal, LOL. At least you had time for a nice soak in the tub...yay!!! Hope you get some trick-or-treaters out your way. We didn't give out candy at home this year, but 1 of my co-workers did have her grandkids come up to the center last night and they went console to console trick-or-treating, LOL.

Heidi - The recipe here for whole grain brownies is REALLY good...maybe you could make those up so you won't feel guilty not staying away from them. ;) I made a pan a while back and rationed out 1 for dessert every day or so. Pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then top w/ some FF cool whip...YUMMERS!!! And the batter tastes just like regular brownie batter (to me it does, at least). :)

Cottage - Yay for your house coming out of the night unscathed!!! Think of your old family room as a NEW family room...open to new precious memories but still holding the old ones as well. ;)

WaistinTime - Oh man...I would be in SO much trouble w/ the candy your son brought home. The grape and strawberry Laffy Taffys are my favorite...YUM!!! And Nerds are a big yum for me, too. EEK!!! We didn't hand out candy this year, so I didn't have to deal w/ it...but I have some sugar free lifesavers and Sunkist candy at home to indulge with.

Cyndi - I'm thinking I might make it a LITTLE easier on myself if I actually learn how to operate the gears on my bike, LOL...but so far I've had no luck finding any guide online to tell me how to do so. I think it's a 7 speed. No mountains for me...EVER!!! Not that I wouldn't love it...but it'd be way scary and I've still got fat-girl-mentality when it comes to big hills, LOL

rdw - Yay for the gym...enjoy it!!!

As for me, I'm at work again. The citizens did not get the weekly "it's Sunday, go to bed" memo and the phones have been busy up until now. Hopefully it'll stay calm for the rest of the night. I picked up an overtime shift tomorrow night, so that'll give me a total of 23 hours of OT on this check for my trip to SC. Yay!!! I'm so excited about going...especially since my niece and nephew are going w/ me!!! The fair just so happens to be in town when we're going to be there, so bonus!!! We'll go to the fair probably Friday night and then Emma's (my bestfriend's little girl) football game on Saturday, then the beach maybe, and then Buffalo's for the Georgia game. I think we're gonna hit a pool hall one night and let my niece and nephew watch Emma (she's 11...my niece and nephew are 15 and 17). We'll squeeze in 4-wheeling somewhere and some dinners out...I can't wait!!! :)

Anywho, back to work for me. Yay.

BellaLucia
10-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Lovely pics, BelovedK! Your daughter is angelic!

Lexxiss
11-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Great pics, Beloved K!

Natasha, sorry you're stuck at work. Maybe you could find a bike shop that could help you. I find when I tell them I lost gobs of weight riding my bike that they're always eager to help.

We made it to the Western Slope after greeting about 350 little trick or treaters. I didn't eat one piece. I have 3 dates at the pool tomorrow. If it's sunny, I ought to just take a book and pull up a lawn chair for the day.

Nite all!

Natasha1534
11-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Good suggestion, Lexxiss...I might just have to go check out our local bike shop this week. ;) Thanks!!!