South Beach Diet - Feisty Friday

View Full Version : Feisty Friday

CyndiM
10-29-2010, 06:33 AM
It's Friday and that means tomorrow is the weekend! (and tonight there will be wine not just whine). Good morning Chicks! Stop by and say hello on your way to everyone's favorite work day.

I'm going to grab some coffee but I'll be back.

Natasha1534
10-29-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm headed to bed in just a few. Took me a 40 minute bike ride (okay, it was probably more like 25 mins bike and 15 mins walk b/c I'm not ready to tackle the big hills just yet) and managed to avoid running into any bushes, so yay!!! Just finished making up some fajitas (recipe has been posted) to take to lunch tomorrow. I've got to work all weekend, so I'll be popping in here and there. Hope you ladies have a good day!!!

CyndiM
10-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Good morning/night Natasha. Sounds like you are enjoying your new bike :) Sweet dreams.

Ruth - love the bear!

Karen - WATP workouts have gotten me through many winter days. I love the 30 minute walks with weights.

Debbie :wave:

Cottage - Hope it's a good, cold free morning

Kim - It's so nice to see you back here!

We got some fun news yesterday. Apparently the union in NM needs some help so our team are being sent out for one week chunks. Needless to say DW will join me and we will stay a few extra days to bird. It wasn't planned but we will make it our house Christmas present. We had such a great time when we were there three years ago. Can't wait to go again. Even working in NM will be fun. I'm on the road so a change of scenery will be nice.

For today just another version of the last two days. I'm in my home county so will already know everyone I see today. That will be fun and a little emotional. One director said yesterday "I'm glad you aren't abandoning us!" After 12 years I have really deep connections to some of these women. It's one of the reasons the new job was so appealing. I still get to work with them and help develop their leadership skills, just in a new way.

Looks like a mellow Saturday full of house things. Our house really needs it. I wouldn't let anyone else come in right now :eek: Then Sunday we will do a few chores, go dryer shopping (ours is eating things so time to get rid of it), and off to a political rally and probably some volunteer time.

Tonight I'll be home for dinner again and there will be cooking! Then some exercise and finally a glass of wine. It's nice to be back to "normal" days!

Heidi58
10-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Good morning Cyndi, Natasha and all those to come! :wave:

Teacher workshop today, so I'm having a hard time getting motivated this morning. :lol: I think I may feel illness coming on... *cough* *cough* :lol: JK It's going to be a long day though. I'm bringing my lunch because they haven't posted the menu for our 'complimentary' lunch. They're usually really yummy, but it's not always easy to find OP choices.

Nice job on the bike ride Natasha! I didn't get out on my bike much this summer, although I really enjoy it. I'm a wimp - I don't enjoy riding when it's cold, so my bike probably won't leave the garage again now til spring.

A trip to NM sounds wonderful Cyndi! :)

Enjoy your Friday friends!

CyndiM
10-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Heidi - I am the same way with my bike. Just can't get myself out there in the cold. Hope the workshop far exceeds your expectations

cottagebythesea
10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
:coffee:

Good morning! I'm a bit late getting in here because I had to go back to bed for a while. I started feeling very light-headed while in the shower and barely made to the bed, dripping wet. I feel fine now, but can't say the same for the bed. ;)

Cyndi, how fun to be going to NM! I've never been there but I've seen pictures. And it should be a good time of the year to go, too! Have a good day today, seeing people you used to work with, and enjoy your evening!

Natasha, it sounds like you're having fun with your new bike!

Heidi, I'm glad your classroom helper is working out so well and hope your workshop today is fun. I hope you don't end up with a cold. I've had this darned thing for over 3 weeks now and just can't seem to shake it.

I promised Audrey & Maggie that I'd go over to their school this morning to watch their Halloween parade, and I'm glad it's first thing in the morning! If I'm feeling OK afterwards, I may try to get a little Christmas shopping done.
Tomorrow I'm dropping off my car at the shop to have it winterized and get an oil change, so we'll be zipping around running errands in Jake's car. On Halloween, the grandkids are coming over early to show off their costumes, but they'll do their trick-or-treating in their own neighborhood. I'm not sure if Monica will be bringing Carley out or not. I think she wants to go trick-or-treating with her friends, which I can understand.

Lexxiss
10-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Thanks for getting us started, Cyndi! TGIF! Where will you base out of in NM? We'll come down and have dinner with you two one night. I've been itching to get that way, anyways. I'd like to get all the way to Carlsbad Caverns and see the bats exit in the evening.

Natasha, I always say exercise is exercise and pushing the bike is harder than walking so right on! See you later.

Heidi, I think meetings are so boring....hope your day passes quickly and you're starting the weekend in no time.

ETA Linda, I hope you are able to take it a little easy today. Wish your darned cold would disappear! Take care!

Me, coffee, walk 1 mile, breakfast then tackle the piano music. Yesterday we went to the Sr. Center w/MOM and Kirk mentioned he wouldn't mind playing bingo so we may try that.

Have a great day everyone!

Ruthxxx
10-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Sheesh! I didn't wake until 7:40 and it's dryer delivery day between 8 and 6. I need to glug this coffee and get dressed. See you later.

Wanna bet they come at 5:45 instead of 9:05 like last time? :shrug:

WaistingTime
10-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Good morning! No school here today so it feels like the weekend already. I am off for my weekly workout with my mom soon then lots of errands. Got some cooking/freezing of meals planned. So... my son still has not finished his essay for his colleges and several applications are due on Monday. It will be rather stressful around here. He does not get his procrastination gene from me!

Cyndi - NM sounds fun and warm:)

Natasha - Not only do I plan for hills (because some are easier in one direction than the other and I don't always return the same way I go), but I also watch the wind direction so I can have it at my back at the end of my rides. Lazy exerciser - me.

Heidi - You are such a great role model for staying OP.

Linda - I hope you feel better already!

Debbie - I have only played bingo at the spa on vacation. It's a lot of fun when I win!

Ruth - I hate waiting for service people. That's a long time frame.

BBL - Have a great day all.

Ruthxxx
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Duh. When I posted my computer said it was nearly nine but now it's the real "nearly nine." I had to do a complete restart and it seems to change the time when I do it. I guess it thinks we're in a more western time zone. Dumb machine! I need to take the tower and it's delightful "Hard Disc Error" in to my geek.

Cyndi, working in NM sounds very exciting! I've not yet been to that part of the continent - just to "old" Mexico. Your weekend sounds very rerlaxing after your busy weeks.

Natasha, biking or pushing a bike is definitely exercise. Did you do it in the dark :nono: or during the day. I'll check out the fajita recipe while you sleep.

Heidi, yes, "yummy" lunches are very tempting. The Christmas lunch schedule is evolving around here and I am in fear and trembling. I'll have to see how many invitations I can graciously decline without being classed anti-social.

Cottage, sure hope that cold packs its bags and leaves. I wish I could join you watching Maggie and "O" today. I love the fun parts of Halloween and hate the ghouls and monsters, especially if they are taller than I am. Getting the car winterized? :yikes: I was hoping to hold out until mid-November.

Waisting, isn't it frustrating dealing with procrastinators?! Especially when you know they are affecting their future. Too bad he's too big to spank. Good for you with advance meal prep - that has to be the only way to go when you are working.

Debbie, I'd forgotten you were so close to NM! Maybe if I ever get there, I can visit you. Your day sounds busy. You know, I've not played Bingo since I was a kid although I've worked plenty in the past few years. I must try it again someday when I hit a breather.

Since I'm stuck at home today, I'll do some baking ahead for the Parish service this Sunday. I also found some slightly antique chicken to simmer and will make chicken salad for the loaf of sandwiches I have to make for a dance on Saturday night. I'll also do a "taste test" on some cheese leftover and frozen from another event and see if I need to buy more. As usual, every event around here is all about "the lunch". If I'm lucky, I may get the machine quilting done and that quilt that I'd like to hand in to Victoria's Quilts on Monday morning.

Somehow, I'll fill the day, I'm sure!

Have a good one.

Kim_Star060404
10-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Happy Halloween Friday, everyone! I made it to work after staying up until 2:00 a.m. working on treats for all of the kiddos and the big kids at work. That's a huge accomplishment for me! ;)

Work will probably be a lazy, non-productive day as everyone is excited about this weekend. I'm sleepy, but full of anticipation as my two sisters will be arriving around dinner time. I'll have just enough time to get home, do a Zumba dvd, and shower before their ETA. We're having WW homemade pizzas for dinner, so there's really no prep to do, so it should be an enjoyable evening.

Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome-backs! Just checking in here makes me feel cleaner and more on-plan. Isn't that funny? I hope everyone has a lovely Friday!!

LydiaC
10-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm just home from my work out. It's been a good morning and I'm planning for the weekend. :carrot:

Randi34
10-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Good morning!

I am on Day 3 of Phase 1. It is getting better.

I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to go off the Metformin today.

I weighed and I am down 3 lbs this week.

Happy Friday!

LydiaC
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Good morning!

I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to go off the Metformin today.

Happy Friday!

That's great!

chubbybunny29
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Morning everyone! Well its Friday. And about time too!

Oh, I have so much to do this weekend...mending of things I need on my trip, hair cut, color (which I do at home because I'm cheap), oil change, clean out my car, laundry and packing. All of this, and I have a friend in town from out of state, and am supposed to be taking snacks to our church class on Sunday. I need a nap just looking at my list!

BelovedK
10-29-2010, 01:10 PM
G'day all :wave:

I just turned my computer on for the first time today (which is rare) DH and I had coffee this morning with no puter time. I worked for a bit and now I am home with a whole lot os "shoulds"

I do need to make pesto for a friend's wedding lunch, but the rest of the house is a wreck It's a bit nippy here, and it feels good. I think I'll burn some candles, light some incense and put on some nice music and start a project. My friend's bachelorette party is this evening, and I will bring my curried squash soup (which is ok for me to eat) They are going dancing after dinner, but I am coming home. Have to work early in the morning.

I'll be back later with personals. I read everything, I just am low on time until I actually get these house projects started :dizzy:

TallandThin
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Looks like I'm one of the last to check in again this morning. Some day I'm going to get up in the middle of the night just to surprise all of you with an early post. Would love to respond to each of your individual posts but that would be a book so will just :wave: and say howdy from the west coast.

Don't have much planned for today except will go for a walk and hope to work on our family holiday gift project for a while. Whatever else the day brings will be welcome.

Hoping you all have a great on plan day and for those of you who are working TGIF (oh how I remember that feeling).

Later

BellaLucia
10-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone!

Lexxiss
10-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I ended up walking 2 miles :cp: and I'm still working on the piano music. Ug. Took a break for lunch and checking in.

Ruth, 7:40 :fr: It always happens on the wrong day! Come visit me any time...we can even go to NM!

Karen, geez stress!....I hope your workout was fun!

KimStar, checking in always helps me. Your evening sounds fun!

LydiaC, Yay! For working out early!

Randi34, great P1 news, and also that your are getting off the Metformin. Congrats! On your weightloss , so far.

chubbybunny, wow! busy weekend before cruising away!

BelovedK, can't believe you didn't turn your computer on any earlier. Your events sound fun and well planned!

Lamay, early posting surprises are always nice! I hope you get out for a nice walk today!

Hi, Okiemute (FO):wave: Did you get your walk in yesterday?

Ok, back to the projects!

BellaLucia
10-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey Debbie! I did walk.

TallandThin
10-29-2010, 05:51 PM
I walked for the first time in ages. Was only about half a mile but at least I did it.........

Lexxiss
10-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Okie and Lamay and me! Yay! for walking!

I'm liking those Leslie Sansone Walk off the Pounds DVD's. It's so much easier for me than the treadmill.

TallandThin
10-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Lex, I've been thinking about getting a walking tape (dvd) for the upcoming rainy days. You used the plural when mentioning the tapes you like. Is there one that is better than the others? What would you recommend for a beginner?

CyndiM
10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Debbie - I think we will be in Albuquerque during the week then Socorro for birding the weekend after.

Lamay - My favorites are the 30 minute or 2 mile workouts with weights. They are a nice blend of light cardio and strength.

Kim - enjoy your sister weekend :)

I'm off to bed. My goal is 9-10 hours of sleep :crossed:

Natasha1534
10-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi again, everybody. Another Friday at work...all weekend at work, actually...plus OT on Monday. At least I'll have a decent paycheck for my trip to SC next weekend. ;)

Cyndi - I've never been to NM...sounds like fun!!! And travel is the BEST kind of Christmas present!!!

Heidi - I'm the exact opposite...I'd much rather go for a bike ride when it's cooler outside. In Georgia, biking in the Summer is like riding head first into an oven, LOL

Cottage - Oh my...I certainly hope you're still feeling okay. I know that light-headedness feeling can be kinda scary at times. :( It's funny, ya know, I read about you having to "winterize" your car and it makes me giggle b/c we don't do such things here in Georgia where we have 2 seasons (hot and HOTTER, LOL). I think I'm kinda glad!!!

Lexxiss - You have a point!!! Man, I knew the area around my house was hilly but OMG!!! I also need to figure out how to operate a 10 speed properly b/c I assume there is supposed to be gear changes in there for hills and stuff and I have no clue. And YAY on the 2 miles!!! :)

Ruth - Hope you didn't get stuck waiting all day for your delivery. ;) I went riding at night (ummm, more like at 2 AM, LOL). I stayed on the main streets instead of the side streets and left the iPod at home so I would be more aware of my surroundings. Probably still not the best idea for me to be bike riding at that time of night. Ooh, I found a parmesan and basil chicken salad recipe on allrecipes.com and I keep taking it to gatherings and serving it on whole wheat bread. People have LOVED it. It's not your typical "chicken salad" taste, I guess, but it's still very good.

WaistingTime - LOL...hey, lazy exercise is better than NO exercise, right??? ;)

Randi - Congratulations on the 3 pounds!!! :)

Chubby - Your screenname makes me giggle every time I see it. It's too cute. :) I do my hair color at home, too. Once I hit goal weight I'm going to get a new cut and I'm going to let my hairdresser put some highlights in it (can you believe it...34 years old and never had my hair highlighted, not even once). I just don't see the point in paying a hairdresser $40 or $50 to dye my hair when I can get a box of Loreal for $9 or $10. LOL

Lamay - A half a mile is a half a mile...as long as you are up and moving, that's all that counts!!! ;)

Been a crappy day at work so far...hope it gets better this weekend, but I'm not counting on it. I don't mind being busy, I just hate the calls where children get hurt. :(

Anyway...I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow, so I've got to stop by Wal-mart on my lunchbreak tonight and see if I can find a pair of pants to wear. All my old dress clothes don't fit anymore (not that I'm complaining, LOL).

Oh...and the bike ride seems to have paid off...down 2 more pounds on the scale this week. That's 5 total since I started biking.

Lexxiss
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Natasha! Looks like you're working all night again. I was really working on short hills in Sept. That's when I almost ran into the bear at 5am. I do think shaking up your exercise really helps. Have a great night! See ya tomorrow.

BelovedK
10-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I ate off plan tonight :( my friend's bachelorette potluck/party. The food was all homeade and healthy, too good to pass by. I even had dessert, but I didn't overeat.

chubbybunny29
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Natasha - I haven't ever had my hair highlighted professionally. Though there were some high school hair disasters where I tried to go blond at home. My hair is kind of a dark auburn, so its something I can do at home.

Natasha1534
10-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Lexxiss - I'll definitely be starting out w/ small hills. Thank God I don't live in my childhood neighborhood anymore...our house was at the VERY bottom of a street that was probably 3 miles long and nothing but 1 huuuuuuuuuuuge hill. LOL See ya tomorrow!!!

Beloved - Try not to beat yourself up too bad. It was a special occasion and the important thing is that you get right back on plan tomorrow to make up for it. ;)

Chubby - Too funny. I tried to go auburn in high school and somehow went jet black. It was NOT a pretty sight. LOL