100 lb. Club - What are your goals for november?

View Full Version : What are your goals for november?

Matilda08
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
As far as diet and working out are concerned? October has been a bad month for me. THe weekends totally messed up my plans and always seem to require much more planning. I think that if I stay on plan 100% on weekends it would be nothing for me to lose ten lbs in a month but its so challenging for me. So for november my goals are

1) No eating out period
2) workout at least one day on weekend.

What are yours?

Lnoelparis
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I said this last month, but definitely be regular with my weight lifting! I need to be toned while I lose, so I wont be too saggy. I gotta find a way to fit that in!
I also struggle with weekends. Actually, Friday night is a real struggle for me to work out because its family night, there is no cooking and everyone is ready to watch the movie. It is hard to put in my hour on when everyone is relaxing! And then I tell myself I will make it up on Saturday, but hardly ever do!

So my goals are:
1.) Regular weight lifting Tues, Thurs and Saturday
2.) Commit to Friday night work out

Great post!

calluna
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
lnoelparis, why don't you make friday your rest day? No guilt; everyone needs to rest periodically.

calluna
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
My goals for november...

- continue working to regain my fitness level post-convalescence. I lift weights 3-4x per week and do cardio 4-5x per week.

- get my ticker moving again

Eliana
10-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Just wondering...is "never" eating out in November realistic? It might be, but it is a holiday month.

My goal for November is to lose something. :rofl: And to keep perspective during Thanksgiving.

Teresa66
10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
My goal is to lose more in November than I did in October.

caryesings
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I signed up for a 5K that takes place on Thanksgiving morning. My goal is to run at least part of it, which is way ahead of where I'll be with last year's goal to participate in that event. Last year I decided to sleep in instead of getting my butt to the starting line.

SCraver
10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Goals:

- Be down to 204 - 203 by end of month
- Focus on continuing to improve my evening eating habits
- Eat only the dessert I MOST want on Thanksgiving
- Bring a veggie to Thanksgiving
- No heavy drinking on ANY weekend
- Spend time each weekend planning my dinners for the week

julz05
10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
My goal for November is to exercise 6 times a week, alternating circuit training and the C25K program. For food, I'm going to try and eat on plan 75% of the time (22/30 days).

DixC Chix
10-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Wow!! Very thought provoking. I want successs but I also live in reality.

My Nov goals are:

finally see 240# on the scale by:
weight lifting 3 days a week
extra walk 2 days a week
stick to set menu

Best wishes to everyone. I 'll be pulling for us all.

jenjen
10-28-2010, 07:21 PM
My goals for November are:

1. To go off plan on Thanksgiving Day ONLY,but still be mindful of what I'm eating.
2. To work out 6 days a week.
3. To drink no alcohol.
4. To lose at least 7 pounds.

ghostgirl811
10-28-2010, 07:28 PM
to get back on the ball with excersizing, i havent been doing it any for the past few days because ive been so busy and now it gets dark at 6 and i just feel so worn out

Kismet89
10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
1. Three days a week walk/jog intervals, 2 days alternate exercise (a video/class/etc)
2. Try something new! I hate ruts. I'm thinking Zumba.
3. Twotopia. I know it exists! I want as close as physically possible...dare I say there.
4. Scale back Thanksgiving. I'm cooking so shouldn't be hard, but it's a huge event in my family. It's only a matter of time before my brothers start requesting cheesecakes!
5. Log my calories EVERY DAY. The good and the not so good (see #4).

socalfelicity
10-28-2010, 08:52 PM
My Goals for November:

-Eat 1200-1500 calories/day
-Elliptical training 4x week for 30 minutes
-Increase water to 8 glasses/day
-Stop eating my kids' food off their plates

"Other" Goals:

-Get cute haircut
-Clean out closet and get rid of big clothes and anything with stains
-Organize makeup and replace empties
-Buy some cute shoes!

anna78
10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
My Nov. goals

-1) to still be sticking to it! Not give up and gain back what I have lost so far this month. That is exercise and food.
-2) Enjoy thanks giving dinner, but not go out of budjet.

krampus
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
1.) STAY ON PLAN NO MATTER WHAT during the week.
2.) On weekends (every weekend is booked already, most of which are parties that involve eating and drinking) do my damnedest to stay as on-plan as possible
3.) Don't give up on pushups - get to doing 50 regular pushups. Right now I can do about 75 knee pushups and like...15 regular ones
4.) Cardio 5-6 days a week
5.) Get down to 57.5 kg/126.5 lbs

onherweighdown
10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
-stay within 1200-1500 calorie range
-exercise at least 5x a week
-begin strength training
-make fruits and veggies the bulk of my diet

angelskeep
10-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Figure out what to do about Thanksgiving so I can enjoy my son's family who is supposed to be visiting us and still stay true to my plan. This sounds like it should/could become a long term goal for me. I have a really hard time trying to figure out "in the middle" because I feel like I am either on plan or not. Like being preggers. Ya can't be sorta!

Except for that one little day, I plan to eat healthy nutritious food in controlled portions and within my calorie range every day. I plan to exercise 6 days a week, some longer, some shorter, but always something.

When I get it right, I lose the weight pretty easily. Deviations from the plan seem to have a higher cost than one would expect, so deviations just aren't a part of the plan.

Barb

luckymommy
10-29-2010, 12:23 AM
1. Continue to stay on plan with my calories and workouts.

2. Reach minigoal of 175 by the end of the month.....preferably lower, but 175 would be nice. :)

Rosinante
10-29-2010, 03:38 AM
My November goals:

1. To be in the 160s. (It's very close but boy! it seems impossible to contemplate.)
2. To keep on walking, regardless of the worsening weather.
3. To continue the calorie shifting experiment, as a way of re-focusing my attention.
4. To explore further the local gym for exercise classes and monthly membership.
5. To keep my daily timetable going - it's really helping me not to sink into the mud of seasonal affective disorder.

theresac
10-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Wow, I love reading threads like this! Everyone's so enthusiastic at the beginning of the month. :) I'll be traveling for 3 weeks over the Thanksgiving holiday AND I'll be back in the States for the first time, so my plan is to enjoy all of the delicious PRODUCE that America has to offer. :)

1) Onderland.
2) Walk every day.
3) Focus on health and exercise instead of food while traveling. As long as I'm walking and eating right (healthy foods, correct portions), it'll be OK to indulge in the occasional treat (currently planned: Belgian fries with real mayo, Dad's grilled steaks, crab bisque in Annapolis, and delicious lattes in Seattle).

RobinD
10-29-2010, 05:12 AM
This is not a normal November for me, so my goals are:

1. Avoid, as best as I can, eating too much due to fear/stress over surgery 11/11, with a strong focus on healthy foods to aid healing

2. Prepare said healthy foods in advance, so DH can simply heat them up

3. Recover from surgery

4. Thanksgiving dinner at my uncle's house, for once. Two weeks to the day after surgery. His food is always so bland that I doubt overeating will be a serious temptation.

5. Ultimate goal: Don't gain any weight in November. Losing would be better, but in all honesty I just want the whole month behind me. I'm willing to cut myself some slack this time.

Sea
10-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I am either on plan or not. Like being preggers. Ya can't be sorta!

Except for that one little day, I plan to eat healthy nutritious food in controlled portions and within my calorie range every day. I plan to exercise 6 days a week, some longer, some shorter, but always something.

.... Deviations from the plan seem to have a higher cost than one would expect, so deviations just aren't a part of the plan.

Barb

Barb - You are so where I'm at!!!

I'd love to dream that I'll be down to 169 by 1 Dec. (So I could just be overweight instead of obese when I see dr.) but that's 13 lbs. I will get as close to it as I can.

I'm going to finish the quilt I started for my sister and mail it.
I'm going to finish the drunkard's path quilt top I'm working on.

Lyn2007
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
My goal for October was a lofty one... stay on plan EVERY DAY. And so far I have done it. And so I've learned it is possible AND the results are worth it. So my goal for November will also be 100% on plan. Even for Thanksgiving :)

I need to start biking again too because the weather has been preventing me from walking.

Jojo381972
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Goals for November. Great to see a new month.

-Will start the C25k and re-start weights doing at least 3 x's a week at the gym.
-write down what I eat everyday
-eat out no more than once a week
-stay on plan