Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Question Eat planned treat or not?

Hello fellow calorie counters. I have so far had 1,050 calories today and I had a great workout too. I usually have a Healthy Choice ice cream (100 calories) and some gum at night since I really like to eat at night. I have been stuck at this weight give or take a few pounds for almost 3 weeks now and it's frustrating.

Do I eat the 100 calorie bar or do I just skip it? I know we're supposed to eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day and I do average that and even a tiny bit more (about 1350) and I workout like there's no tomorrow. I know I can skip the treat tonight and be ok but I guess I want to eat in a way that I can maintain for life. At the same time, if I don't eat it, maybe I'll lose weight? Maybe this sugar is preventing me from losing as I should be?

What would you do? What DO you do? Too bad this isn't the toughest choice I have to make in my life.

Thanks!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #2  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

This is my experience only, but if it were me, I would forego the treat. I was also at a stall and realized that I am carb/sugar sensitive. It took me a couple of tries with lower carb eating to figure this out. I know that a calorie is a calorie, but for me, carb calories impact my weight loss much more than protein calories.

I'm not talking about extreme Adkins or anything like that, just really watching my carb intake, especially sugar (fake or otherwise). Just to show you the difference, following WW and eating only my daily points (not weekly or activity points) I was not losing, but I also was not watching carbs. As soon as I started paying attention to my carbs and cutting out my sugar, I lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks.

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes for your continued weight loss. It looks like you are doing great!!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #3  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

You could just be having a stall because you're so close to your goal weight. Try taking the treat out, though, and maybe replace it with something else that's lower in sugar/carbs, see how that works out for you.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

If it were me I woul switch the treat with something more nutrient dense and eat that.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #5  

I vote for a more nutritious snack - how about some popcorn?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I guess it depends what works for you...can't hurt to change things up and see if it helps.

I also see more of a weightloss if I cut back on carbs. But I like to eat pasta a few times a week and brown rice occasionally, and whole wheat bread, so I do. I still lose, so to me, this is fine.

I can think of some things that might be more filling to eat for 100 calories though...like perhaps a scrambled / overhard egg (70) and small mug of broth based soup (30). Or 2 light string cheeses (50 X 2 =100) or if you want something sweet, you can have a Luna bar for 140 calories.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Thanks so much everyone. I caved yesterday and had the treat but this morning, my weight came down a pound. I agree though....I really should switch out that treat for something nutritious. I love eating veggies scrambled with egg whites or popcorn or string cheese. The Luna bars are so good that they make me want more so I try not to go that route. Thanks again!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote