Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default my light bulb moment

I've been doing pretty well losing weight. losing fat, increasing muscle. i've been doing this for about 7 months, since march. i noticed recenly that most of my body is getting the way i want it to, losing the way i expect, except my thighs. i knew that would be the hardest, i lose first in my stomach, and it seems to come off my arms hardly trying. so anyway, for weeks i've been asking people and reading about how to lower your body fat%. Most of what i read says there's all this emphasis on diet. (when i say emphasis i mean what i think about. thinking about eating food all the time, even healthy food just makes me want more food. ) low fat diet with certain % of fat from calories. with little to no cardio, and heavy lifting program. that's all fine, but what seemed to work for me THIS TIME. is the opposite. i spent all those years learning about food, thinking i had to have the healthiest food. no. having healthier food is better. it's easier to keep portions in control, but if we are low on produce i can make do. the emphasis this time was on exercise. as much as i could handle, especially in the beginning. often more than 1 hr a day. lots of cardio. running, recumbent bike, and others. i often would think about snacking and go ride the bike instead. late this summer i realized i needed more lifting. and could handle more weight than i thought. i still forget to do weight training sometimes, but i know it's important.

what i couldn't understand was, why do i feel so down, annoyed, like that's not right, trying to find a different answer.
I realized i was feeling like the cardio, and work i had done wasn't worth it. was for nothing. i could have done it an easier way. which is just ridiculous. i love my progress. i love feeling proud of myself. i love doing cardio. i would never have looked forward to just weight lifting most of the time. i wouldn't have stuck with that program.
yes i need a healthy low fat diet, this is when i have the best results, but my emphasis is on lots of cardio and that's ok. the other ideas are just other ways of training. i don't have to feel offended by it. I can keep on trucking, and eventually the fat has to come off. as they say, i'm not immune to thermodynamics.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #2  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Keep it up! Congratulations on your loss!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Thanks Tori!

i was surprised there weren't more comments on this? anyone have a similar situation?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #4  
pleasantly plump from '82

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'9

Congrats on the loss!

Studies show that the biggest key to long term success losing and keeping off weight is consistent activity. It sounds like you are on the right path
sal27253 is offline   Reply With Quote