Games - Attention movie lovers!!!! One movie I recommend and one movie I donít recommend:

belezura
10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
The cold weather is here and one thing I like to do when is cold outside is stay under the blankets and watch a good movie. The other night I watched this really stupid movie, which I wish Iíve know how bad it was so I would not had wasted my time and instead would have watched something interesting.
So I thought that maybe we could help each other in that department giving our picks and warning about what we didnít like. You can explain your choice your not. It is up to you!
Please post as many time as you want. We can always use new titles for our movie list.

Here are mine choices for today:
I recommend: Shutter Island - Awesome suspense!!!
I donít recommend: Hot Tub Time Machine - Stupid comedy. It is a bad version of Back to the Future

PS: Even though it isn't a game I am placing it here because it is kind of entertaining.:dizzy:

cherrypie
10-26-2010, 01:17 PM
aww I loved hot tub time machine. Lots of good laughs.

sailyn
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I really loved: Remember Me.

I thought it would be lame bc the dude from Twilight was in it but it was really good and I found a new respect for him.

atreyyena
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I haven't seen shutter island yet, although it looked really good. I have to admit that I did see hot tub time machine, and since I knew what I was expecting (cheesy back to the future wannabe about the 80's) I enjoyed it. Of course that's probably because I wasn't expecting much.

For my part,
I recommend: Grownups. It looks like a really stupid adam sandler movie but it had a lot more substance than I was expecting and was very funny in parts. so it impressed me.

I don't recommend: Brief interviews with hideous men. It's a bit of a documentary but it's so choppy there's no actual plot. The best part? It's only 80 minutes and I watched it free on netflix. :)

beerab
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I liked both of them- hot tub time machine was just a silly comedy but fun to get a few laughs. :)

MsRatFink
11-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I recommend: Cop Out. It's very funny. We laughed all the way through it. Also if you are a fan of Kevin Smith then this is for you.

I don't recommend: Losers. We shut it off almost half way through it. It was boring and slow.

belezura
11-17-2010, 01:57 PM
T totally recommend: Due Date - If you liked Hangover as I did, you will love this movie...
I don’t recommend: Hereafter - I want my 2 hours back!!!

desiresdestiny
12-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I loved shutter island, The Town

Amazing

Hamoco350
12-20-2010, 05:35 AM
I recommend: Akeelah and the Bee. It has a wonderful message; and although it is a classic uplifting story, it fulfills it's purpose with an unusual story line and wonderful characters.

I do not recommend: Any of the Transformers movies. I just never enjoyed how they were handled.

sunny2017
12-21-2010, 02:42 AM
I loved Shutter Island and Hot Tube time machine....I don't watch movies often enough.

I recently went to see a movie in the theater with my lil bro (he's 16), we went to see Tangled. I ended up loving the movie!! It was cute, the songs were catchy, and it had a twist that most people wouldn't expect (I expected it though, but I'm just good at judging movies) It was completely worth the 7 bucks...and it's in 3D

GradPhase
12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Awesome = Going the Distance!!!!

Not Awesome = Date Night

tschaff04
12-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I may be the loner here that gets made fun of :p, but I totally recommend Eclipse. I wasn't a fan of the first Twilight movie, the second one was decent, but I loved the third one. :o

As for movies I don't recommend I rarely watch new movies, so I don't have any new suggestions.

BellaLucia
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
For Colored Girls: Recommended
It will grab you!

CanadianCutie
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
One of my movies is older, one is recent.
I recommend The Fisher King. Arthurian legend in early 90s New York. Amazing movie. I laughed and cried. I first got exposed to it when I was taking an English course on Arthurian Legend.
I definitely do not recommend Morning Glory. Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford, and Diane Keaton. The only thing that stuck out from this movie is just how old and awful Harrison is lookng.

My BEST Self
12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
I recommend: "Despicable Me" - It's so FLUFFY!!!!!!!
I don’t recommend: "Cop Out" - don't even watch it on TV...for free

iHeartU
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
I recommend: Easy A. It's quite funny and Emma Stone really makes you feel for Olive. Amanda Bynes and Alyson Michalka rocked too.

I DO NOT recommend:Saw. Watched part of it and had to force my sister to turn it off as it almost made me vomit. It's basically sadism and gore. Not a good movie.

Lady Stardust
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
One of my movies is older, one is recent.
I recommend The Fisher King. Arthurian legend in early 90s New York. Amazing movie. I laughed and cried. I first got exposed to it when I was taking an English course on Arthurian Legend.
I definitely do not recommend Morning Glory. Rachel McAdams and Harrison Ford, and Diane Keaton. The only thing that stuck out from this movie is just how old and awful Harrison is lookng.

I thought Harrison ford looked like a grumpy old man. Definitely not sexy like he used to be.

But Diane Keaton looks fabulous! I can't believe she's in her 60s!

Lady Stardust
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I have some recommendations:

The bridges of Madison county (although Meryl streep's accent bothered me)
The kings speech
Black swan
127 hours
True grit
Fear and loathing in las Vegas (hilarious if you love hunter s Thompson and Johnny Depp, one of his best performances IMO)

I don't recommend
Tron Legacy. Awesome soundtrack, Jeff bridges is awesome, but the movie was meh. The graphics were cool and it was fun seeing Daft Punk make a cameo (they did the soundtrack).

reptogirl
01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
aww i love bridges of madison county :)

okay i recommend p.s. i love you-different then most romantic comedies

i don't recommend-hmmm have to get back to you

SarRawrNaomi
03-11-2011, 02:32 AM
I would Recommend the movie: Hall Pass (In theaters)
I would NOT Recommend: Human Centipede (That movie is disgusting)

happenstance
03-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Okay, mine are kind of older:

Recommended:
Shawshank Redemption (brilliantly done, favorite movie)

Not Recommended:
Twilight. (My cousin forced me to watch the first movie and it was awful. I don't understand the craze at all.)

Nienna
03-20-2011, 07:33 AM
recommended: Show Me Love (otherwise known as ****ing Amal)
not recommended: Eat Pray Love (I really wanted to adore it and went in expecting to do so, but in the end it was pretty boring and lackluster)

niafabo
03-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I recommend: (500) Days of Summer (a story about love but not a love story well acted and well constructed and beautiful in its own way) , Eternal Sunshine (could rewatch this movie all day unique premise, fantastic music and great acting), American Beauty (a movie you must see before you die), Fight Club (a cult classic for a reason), or Inception (i hate action movies but i loooooooved this movie!)

I don't recommend: I Spy (worst movie I've ever seen), Mysterious Skin (disturbing), Wild Grass (i still really don't get what it was suppose to be about), or Freddy Got Fingered (dummest movie ever)

dcapulet
03-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Disclaimer - I am a total movie snob - it's only because I love movies so much.

Recommend:
If you want to think - I N C E P T I O N (I am NOT an action movie fan, but see it and watch the gorgeous Joseph Gordon-Levitt steal the movie)

If you want to laugh - Role Models (another one outside of my typical, but hilarious); The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona

If you want the BEST CHASE SCENE EVER - The Town.

If you want to cry at the resilience of the human spirit - Slumdog Millionaire

If you want a camp classic - This is Spinal Tap, Showgirls, They Live

Avoid at all costs:
Phone Booth
Flightplan
The Forgotten

I have tons more, but those are the biggies