100 lb. Club - The battle...

View Full Version : The battle...

EvilGidget
10-25-2010, 12:39 AM
As I am just starting out AGAIN... I can't help but second guess myself, and be scared of failure.

A sentence came to me today while working out that I want to share with you.

"Will the fight inside me be enough to win the battle?"

I see so many people with so much success on this website, and it really makes me believe that YES ... I can win this battle.

Once and for all, I CAN be healthy.

Thank you all, for sharing your stories ... successes and failures.

It helps so much knowing that I'm not alone. :hug:

Onederchic
10-25-2010, 12:45 AM
:hug:

calluna
10-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Nope! Never alone, here. Always people around to encourage, give advice, scold, commiserate, and hug - as needed. :D Welcome!

ThinkinThin
10-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Hello -I'm just starting AGAIN myself and agree, this is a great place to be!

matt_H
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Welcome back! You are not alone and we are all in this together. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Take failure off the table as an option.

Beverlyjoy
10-25-2010, 08:14 AM
I think we can never stop trying again - because we never know if this will be THE TIME we are able to adopt the healthful way of life. SO glad you posted. You wiil find much support and wisdom here.

Eliana
10-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Isn't this place great? I'm sure this place is how maintenance is going to be possible for me. I'm also quite certain I owe my current success to it.

Where else can you go and find so many successful people at weight loss?

SCraver
10-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Isn't this place great? I'm sure this place is how maintenance is going to be possible for me. I'm also quite certain I owe my current success to it.

Where else can you go and find so many successful people at weight loss?

Ditto on this!!

I jsut keep on focusing on moving forward... even if forward motion is VERY s l o w. I just keep on going.

time2lose
10-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I agree that 3FC is the place to get the help you need.
I can't help but second guess myself, and be scared of failure.

A sentence came to me today while working out that I want to share with you.

"Will the fight inside me be enough to win the battle?"

I understand how you feel. I started many many times. I am so glad that I started one more time and ignored my fear of failure. One thing that really helped me was refusing to look at the big picture. Break it down into small achievable goals. Look at every 5 pounds as a battle. When you refuse to eat something that will hinder you, you have won a battle. When you come to love a vegetable that you did not eat before, you have won a battle. When you exercise more than you thought possible, even if it is only walking an extra minute, you have won a battle. This journey if full of small battles. If you win enough battles, you will win the war.

Congratulations, on starting again! I look forward to hearing about you winning those small battles until you win the war.

EvilGidget
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks... you guys are great!

goal4agirl
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
You can do this! :cheer:Watching the number on the scale go down...and your body feeling and looking more healthy is way better than the choices we were making before!
Hang in there...by the end of the year (or before) you will see the difference :welcome3:

Began 255Lbs. June 2010
First mini-goal 50 Lbs. lost Oct. 20, 2010 -DONE-
onederland ????
Next mini-goal 175 Lbs.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/slider-but7/lb/255/140/204/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbhSq6K/weight.png