PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #1  

Default Bought Chromium today

It's just the regular chromium picolonate. Has anyone seen any weight loss after taking this? I've been reading up on it and it seems to help some people.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

My nutritionist (professor of nutrition at university) told me to not take it - I can't remember if it was due to effectiveness or side effects - but she does recommend chelated chromium.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
My nutritionist (professor of nutrition at university) told me to not take it - I can't remember if it was due to effectiveness or side effects - but she does recommend chelated chromium.
It's probably effectiveness as they are both chromium but the chelated chromium binds to "helper" molecules. There was only the regular chromium in the store I went to so I just got it... Have you noticed it helping with weight loss? I thought it was worth a try
Old 10-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

I did notice a difference, but there were also some other supplements in the pill. It was Chromium Synergy by Designs for Health. I finished off the bottle, and for some reason never went back for more! I did see results, but I also changed so many other things in my life at the time, that I can't say how much the meds helped, and how much was for what I was putting in to it.

Here's a link to the manufacturer page on it. They sell online, and also through doctors. I go to an integrative medical clinic, and buy it there for the same price as online. http://patient.designsforhealth.com/...ium-Synergy-90 I'm glad you brought this up, because I think I'm going to swing by my Dr's and pick some up again.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I take the chromium polynicolinate which I purchased at Whole Foods.

I have noticed a change in my blood sugar spikes and also in my weight loss. I've lost more weight in the month I've been taking this.

I've made some changes to my calories (I'm eating 1500) and less chocolate, but I think it's working with my body. I don't know how long it will work, if it's forever, or for a few months/years.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

Height: 5'8"

I've noticed a huge difference since I started taking Cinnamon/Chromium supplements (you can get them in combined form at Walmart). It's been much easier for me to lose weight since I've started it. I mean, it's not like the pills are making the weight drop off, I'm also on SB Diet and exercising for 90 minutes a day 5 days a week. But I've done that before without the supplements and the weight never budged. It's moving down now at a fairly healthy rate and the only thing I've changed is added the supplements.

Plus a bonus: it definitely helps with my sugar cravings. The week before my cycle before I could (and often did) easily eat an entire large bag of candy per day! My cravings for sugar were absolutely mind-blowing. But since starting the supplement they are much easier to ignore.
museumchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
Here's a link to the manufacturer page on it. They sell online, and also through doctors. I go to an integrative medical clinic, and buy it there for the same price as online. http://patient.designsforhealth.com/...ium-Synergy-90 I'm glad you brought this up, because I think I'm going to swing by my Dr's and pick some up again.
I'm glad I could remind you LOL! Thanks for the link I will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
I take the chromium polynicolinate which I purchased at Whole Foods.

I have noticed a change in my blood sugar spikes and also in my weight loss. I've lost more weight in the month I've been taking this.

I've made some changes to my calories (I'm eating 1500) and less chocolate, but I think it's working with my body. I don't know how long it will work, if it's forever, or for a few months/years.
I'm doing very low carb and I'm seeing a difference. Maybe the chromium will add a boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by museumchick View Post
Plus a bonus: it definitely helps with my sugar cravings. The week before my cycle before I could (and often did) easily eat an entire large bag of candy per day! My cravings for sugar were absolutely mind-blowing. But since starting the supplement they are much easier to ignore.
If it helps my cravings that would be awesome!