Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default WEEKEND CHAT, October 23-24

Well, in my haste to clear out my saved messages, I've apparently lost I'm Svelting!'s text for opening the weekend. I hope you miss it. And for those of you who've never read it. . . . Well, I'm afraid you've missed a great opportunity this weekend. Sorry.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #2  

Default UP early ...

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #3  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I'm up early too... I managed to totally roll over and take out my CPAP maching in the middle of the night and now I'm too wired to go back to sleep...

So, yesterday was awesome - only 2 weeks into this and I had 2 coworkers walk up to me and tell me that they noticed I had lost weight. :-) It was really exciting to be able to answer "yes!" when they asked if I had lost weight. :-)

I find the weekends hardest to stick to the program because I'm not as busy as I am at work. I feel like I need to eat my way through the weekend because that's what I've always done before. It just makes it more obvious in my mind just how much my life has revolved around food and how much i want to change that.

Happy Saturday all!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I find the weekends hardest to stick to the program because I'm not as busy as I am at work. I feel like I need to eat my way through the weekend because that's what I've always done before. It just makes it more obvious in my mind just how much my life has revolved around food and how much i want to change that.
Glad to hear you're doing so well. As for today and tomorrow, what could plan to keep your mind, body, and spirit engaged?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So I just weighed on my wii fit and I'm back to the exact weight I was on the Friday before Thanksgiving! Yay!! Now to get that last 38.9 off!! Have a good weekend everyone!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-23-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #6  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

I am 8 weeks into the program as of this past Thursday.

I am amazed and thrilled that I have lost 43-1/2 pounds to date.

The program is great and I am so glad that a close friend of mine hooked me up to it!

I have a hay ride/BBQ tonight. Before I was always very worried about attending different social functions because I did not know what the menu was going to be.

But over time, I can truly say that I am not worried anymore and I just go with the flow.

Just wanted to share this :0)
Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Default Haven't posted in awhile

I've been super busy lately. Leave for work by 7am, not home until 6:15, dinner on the table by 7 and finally sit down about 8:30. Weekends have been really busy as well. Reconnected with our grandson so we have been doing lots of things with him! Have not cheated at all and weight loss has been slow. .5lb here, 2 lbs there but this week.....is different and I don't know why. Wish I did cause I would do it more often. Unofficially, the scale said 188.2 this morning. Can you believe it?? That is the 50lb mark since July 19th. Stick with the plan, it works and the numbers will add up before you know it. For those of you that struggle with food on the weekend, start your day by making a list of things you are going to do. I make my list of meals for the week first thing Saturday and then get the needed groceries. I usually like to throw in a couple of recipes that are new or take a little longer to prepare and it helps me to not feel like I am missing out on going out to eat; I have something to look forward to for dinner.

Some posts have commented for or against about suspending the program for the holidays and then restarting after Jan 1. This is just my personal opinion and what goes on in my mind when I ponder doing it for me...It is a license to go back and eat as I did that got me to 238lbs (250 at one point). If I keep on plan, I may reach goal by the end of January. If I phase off now, I might not be done until the first of April assuming I did not gain any wait. Honestly, when has that ever happened, not gaining weight over the holidays?? It says to me that I do not intend to change my eating habits over the long haul and I plan to do what I want to do, whenever I want to do it which is what got me to this weight. I for one plan to be even more committed through the holidays. It is such a slippery slope. Think of it as driving down a treacherous icy road. It takes a lot of caution, vigilence, and proceeding slowly. Here's to focusing more on family than food! For now, I'm off to boot camp and then the grocery. Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by lilblackdress; 10-23-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #8  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Well, again Im slacking with keeping up on here. But just wanted to let you know Im down 4lbs and 4.75 inches this week. Not super, but Ill take it. Its better than my previous two weeks. Im really hoping to kick things into high gear and hopefully be able to wow my family around christmas. I figure Im down 19 lbs now.. hopefully by then I can be down another 19.. and if almost 40lbs isint noticable... I will assume my family is senile/blind.

Thats all for now.. congrats on everyone losing the weight! I have to go to a family outing today... so fingers crossed on the not cheating part... though it really hasn't been a problem. Im hoping the weekend will go by fast!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #9  
Lorrie

Could someone please tell me how I go about getting my own weight-loss bar on here? I was reading, and if someone could confirm this, that I need to have made 20 posts before I can get one? Is this correct?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #10  
Lorrie

Could someone please confirm for me the issue of eating tomatoes.

I have been given conflicting advice.

I heard that you MAY have regular field/greenhouse tomatoes every day as part of your vegetable intake, but that the cherry tomatoes are out because they contain more sugar.

Then I heard that tomatoes are restricted and that you may only have them twice a week.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #11  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Could someone please tell me how I go about getting my own weight-loss bar on here? I was reading, and if someone could confirm this, that I need to have made 20 posts before I can get one? Is this correct?
You are correct that it takes at least 20 posts before you will see a signature options in your user CP. It's a fun tool to have in your posts. Sorta like a brag book
Old 10-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

THis will be an interesting weekend. For a hobby my dtr and I bake cakes for special birthdays. We have a 4 yr olds princess cake to make. So much sugar to be around! IT's hard not to taste the icing while you are making it! But, I'll be strong and just think about how hard I have worked this week to eat good!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #13  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Tomatoes

Good morning, every one! Welcome to the weekend...and my last 2 days off before returning to work after a week off.

Quote:
Could someone please confirm for me the issue of eating tomatoes.

I have been given conflicting advice.

I heard that you MAY have regular field/greenhouse tomatoes every day as part of your vegetable intake, but that the cherry tomatoes are out because they contain more sugar.

Then I heard that tomatoes are restricted and that you may only have them twice a week.

Thanks!
You have it all correct...Tomatoes are a restricted twice a week veggie. Cherry tomatoes are prohibited.

I do spread out tomatoes over more than 2 days by just having a little bit on each salad, probably adding up to 2 small tomatoes at most over the course of the week...so I think you can have tomatoes every day as long as you are not dumping a whole cup of them on your salad, but instead a small portion.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Like some of the other people posting, I have been having my share of dreams about food .....last night it was about making chocolate chip cookies and eating the dough, even when some part of me vaguely knew I was not supposed to be doing it! The other night it was about a buffet of sweet things, cakes, pies, puddings (not the IP ones!), etc.

Here is my non-scientific theory about these dreams. Each food we eat has a kind of energetic signature, or cell memory, and as we store it as fat, the cell memory is retained. Then, when the fat is melting away and that particular bit is released back into the blood stream, the brain recognizes that cell memory and identifies it with a particular food.

It may also be why, out of the blue, we get cravings for something we haven't eaten or even thought about for months! I have years of stored butter and chocolate still residing in my thighs. And I am grateful every day that IP created some chocolate foods as part of the program, so I don't have to wrestle with that demon along with all the other challenges of weight reduction.

By the way, IP is in fact the simplest program I have ever been on. Not always easy, but getting better as I establish better and better habits.

Still a member of the slow losers club, but down 26 1/2 pounds, and the trend is in the right direction.

My mother said, when I told her of my goal weight, "You'll be down to nothing!" I pointed out that my goal weight is exactly what my sister and she, who are the same height, weigh, and she relaxed. It's their perceptions which have to change along with my transformation.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I am also at that point, but you need 20 posts AND 20 days. I am on day 20, but apparently do not get my siggy box until the exact hour I started as well, so after 6pm, I will have a box! HTH

Well, the weigh in is here:

Down 3 more pounds this week.
Down 6 1/4 inches

So, for 3 week total, Drum roll............16 pounds, and 22 1/4 inches!

I also bought a sweet scale yesterday. I love it. It is the WW scale that does weight, BMI, BF, Body Water, Bone Mass! It's wicked!

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread