Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #1  
Hard Work Pays Off

S/C/G: 324/302/???

Height: 5'11"

Smile Mile hike at 10,000 ft. altitude and LA AIDS WALK.

I went camping in the beginning of October with my school and we did a lot of hiking and I was able to do it all! I was really worried about the trip and not being able to stay with everyone else but I did. The last day we got up at 5 in the morning to pack and set out for our last hike at Bristle Cone Pines which is 10,000 feet above sea level! We took the bus up there and I walked to the beginning of the trail and I was already out of breath. I told my professor that I probably wasn't going to be able to make it all the way up there and she said that I should just do what I could and if I got too tired I could turn around and go back down. The hike was a mile long and made a loop, so half of the mile was uphill. I made it a little way up the hill and felt like I was about to collapse, but I told my teacher I really wanted to do it and she comforted me and walked with me the whole way. I thought it was so sweet of her to do all that she did. We did take a bunch of breaks, but the point is that I did it! I TOTALLY DID IT! I really haven't felt that accomplished for awhile now.

Then exactly a week after that was the Los Angeles AIDS Walk, which was 6.2 miles. I really couldn't feel my feet afterwards and I tried to keep away from my friends so they couldn't see how much I was struggling just to walk. BUT I TOTALLY DID THAT TOO.

I can't wait till I get slimmer so I'm able to do these types of things without much of a struggle. Especially Bristle Cone Pines, it's so pretty up there with the oldest trees in the world. Maybe I'll be able to do a marathon too!!!!
beautiful days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #2  
bilingual illiterate

S/C/G: 312/302/250

Height: 5'7

that is awesome!!!!!!!!
candytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #3  
In it to win it!!

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Wow that is amazing!! I'm so happy for you. :-)
Vivian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Amazing!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #5  
Hard Work Pays Off

S/C/G: 324/302/???

Height: 5'11"

Thankssss. All of this has really inspired me to do more when I exercise.
beautiful days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #6  
Going back to Onderland!

S/C/G: 289/ticker/189

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! What an amazing accomplishment! So inspiring that you didn't give up and kept going!
NurseSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #7  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Good for you -- it's awesome that you stayed focused and didn't quit AND got to see the beauty of Bristle Cone Pines!
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote