Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/130

Height: 5'5"

Wink If you knew than what you know now...

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie who is beyond FED UP with unsucessful attempts at calorie counting and am seriously thinking about attempting Atkins. I am a total soup junkie and found some great sounding phase-1 recipes so it seems doable.

In any case, I was hoping to learn from more experienced Atkins dieters on what it takes to experience sucess on this plan. So please give any advice you feel would've helped you when starting out? Also, what was your total weight loss on phase-1?

Thanks for helping me get started on my quest to get my sexy back, lol!
chunkiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Welcome!

I lost the first chunk of my weight with calorie counting and weight lifting, but I got stuck bouncing around 157-160. I started Atkins in the high 159's about three weeks ago.

My first week of induction I got down to 152 lbs, almost a 8 lb loss in one week. Because I was so close to goal (12 lbs) I decided to move on to OWL and after a week of that I lost nothing. We then had Thanksgiving and a couple days where I ate off plan and I gained over 2 lbs back. I went back on Induction on the 12th because I felt like OWL was just maintenance for me.

My weight's bouncing around right now due to a hormone issue with my birth control, but I've lost 5 lbs, seen as low as 149.2.

I'm very happy with the results, my recommendations are to stick to the plan EXACTLY. I read the book, as well as read a lot online to prepare myself mentally and to make sure I understood.

Make sure you get enough carbs from veggies, and drink enough water.

I weigh daily for accountability so I can see how my body reacts to what I do. I learn from it. Some people can't handle daily weigh in's because the natural highs and lows of our bodies makes them feel they aren't getting anywhere. I like the reality slap to the face it gives me Not weighing myself and not being accountable is how I got fat in the first place.

I'm sure there is more, but this is pretty long already. I'm sure others will have lots of imput as well!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #3  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

on low-carbs it's ok to eat eggs, cheese, butter, beef (and other red meat), poultry (and other fowl), seafood, fish and lots of green vegetables, etc. (and egg drop soup is safe too since u said u like soup.) i can eat much more decadent food (filet mignon, lobster in butter) and it's a lot easier to stay on program when eating out. to be successful always avoid startches, flour and sugar as a rule of thumb. hope that helps.

Last edited by SunnyDC; 10-24-2010 at 11:29 PM.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote