Exercise! - Walking: Fresh Start #2

View Full Version : Walking: Fresh Start #2

RubyBlue
11-01-2002, 01:28 AM
Hi,
Well I started the second thread just to make it easier. Svelte thanks for replying even when you're so busy and stressed. For some reason I'm having a slow week so of course I have the time to have conversations with myself over here. :) Hang in there the bad days always pass eventually. :grouphug: Take care of your husband and yourself and don't mind me over here going post crazy.

I did have some good news today- I lost 5 pounds :dancer: So walking is doing me good! I had a nice walk today and I FINALLY started that weight training I've been promising myself for so long. Only 15 minutes but I was tired afterwards. It's a start. Well I'll check in later.

Take Care

SvelteChicky
11-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Yee-Haa! I found you finally! Man, people come and go so quickly! Congratulations on the 5 pounds of you, gone forever. Love walking so much, I think I do it in my sleep... just kidding, but I've found that walking has changed my breathing. Does that make sense? I breath deeper now, even when I'm not exercising. I also find that my body feels stronger all the time. Like curling up in bed, it used to take some effort, and now becasue of my strength, I just slide right into comfy positions. So, I'm seeing results all the time, which make sme keep it up.

Hubby is okay! Thanks to God! We're gering up for a dinner tonight, and I'm planning to be good, and play happy hostess.

Race: Hope you're okay.... we miss ya!

Ruby: Thanks for letting me follow you around here... it helps to have you there.

Happy Monday!

RubyBlue
11-04-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey! Well great, #2 is up and going. I know what you're saying about noticing those small changes. I notice a new one everyday. I sleep so much easier now. I feel stronger too, just my movements I feel more control or something. Hey I'm actually parking further out in the parking lot now! I like walking it. :lol: Believe me I could circle like a shark for a good few minutes just because I'm a lazy butt. Good practice for the holidays. It's all about the little things.

I'm glad to hear you and your husband are doing well. I hope your dinner tonight is fun, hosting is so great. I'm getting ready for hosting during the holidays myself. I can't believe it's November already! Well, I'm glad we're still going over here in this forum, I always look forward to talking to you gals!

Happy Walking :flow2:

RaceWalker
11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi, everyone, remember me? lol

Ruby, way to go on losing 5 pounds! :cp: Thanks for keeping up with the thread, and for the personal note to tell me where everyone is. Hey...where's the imoticon for a hug??? ;)

Svelte, I'm so glad your husband is ok! :) It's great that you are beginning to notice the small things. I'm getting quite a bit of benefit, too...how long have we been keeping this thread? We were all three at the very beginning point...just a few weeks, I think. And already what a difference!

I've walked, but I've also been dancing in my living room. It's fun! Only problem is, sometimes I don't want to stop when I'm tired and then I push too far and it's harder to make myself start the next time! :lol: Hard to think of myself as an over-excerciser!

I had already been waking up a little better because of keeping a balanced diet (well, because of making the effort, anyway hehehe), but I'm sleeping and waking even better now. And it's making the days better. I'm not as easily frustrated and overwhelmed, I'm learning and understanding faster, problem solving faster and overall more productive. God, please help me never to go back to the way things were!

I missed you guys too. I was so afraid I'd come back to find you gone! Sometimes I just can't get online for a bit, so be patient with me. It's not that I'm not interested!

RubyBlue
11-05-2002, 12:56 AM
Race
Great to see you!:D That dancing sounds like fun. And of course it's never a bad thing to NOT want to stop exercising! I'm glad we're all doing so well with our walking. Well gotta get going, I'll check in with you ladies later!:spin:

SvelteChicky
11-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Ugh! I have to say, I think I'll make special arrangements, to walk outdoors, instead of getting that treadmill. I hate not getting anywhere, and I hate the sound of that machine... I dont know. I know it's convenient and all, but It sounds like ... something loud, that's for sure. I'll probably get a hand me down from mom, and we'll see if I can make it work for me. Good second option, for snow days maybe.

I am also very tired lately, and headachey, from the weather. What a bummer. Headaches tend to flatten me. And, I wish It didn't get drk so soon, kindof depressing. Just icky day... sorry for the funk, just feeling poopy. And, the dog keeps pooping o the rug! What's an Alpha-Dog to do?!:mad:

RaceWalker
11-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Svelte, we're all doing really well, but I have to say I'm the very most proud of you! :bravo: Making sure you do it no matter how you feel is what will pull you out of that funk and help you feel better in the next days and weeks. I've noticed that my mood, attitude, etc., still swings far more than I want it to, but is starting to level out and so will yours. Just hang in there, girl! Get a rolled up newspaper and chase the dog around...take out that frustration and housebreak your pet at the same time! :lol:

Well, Ruby, sounds like your the busy one today. I'm glad you managed to pop in for a few seconds anyway, a lesson I can learn from, eh?

Saw my doctor today. She gave me some stronger meds for my high blood pressure and we talked about the way I've been eating and exercising. She gave me some literature about nutrition and told me that I still should not be walking more than 5 minutes a day. Told me to walk, bike, whatever large-movement exercise I want for 5 a day and increase by five a day ever couple of weeks. The downer is I won't be racewalking by Thanksgiving, but the good thing is, now I can take my Mominlaw with me. She said she can probably make it as far as I'm going, and she needs it as much as I do. So I'm hoping maybe this will be a blessing for both of us now. If she just keeps going with me! (hope, hope, pray, pray!).

RubyBlue
11-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Hey gals,
Well Svelte I'd have to agree with Race with all the tough stuff you've been faced with lately you're staying positive. I feel pooped (sorry couldn't help myself!:D) sometimes too . We can walk through it! Though that treadmill sounds like a monster! I had one like that ended being a second closet. Outside walking is always more refreshing anyway. Hang in there you're doing great:cp:

Race- 5 minutes of walking is still some valuable exercise time. Don't worry you'll be racewalking again before you know it! I'm finding that half the battle is having patience with myself. Like today I was wishing I was good enough shape to jog rather than my usual stumbling. Oh well someday I know I will.

Today I got a good 45 min walk in that is really making me feel tired. It's the good kind of tired tho, not that 'I stuffed myself sleepy' feeling I hate so much! I'm feeling good today and I'm so glad I stuck with it thru those tough days! If I'm lucky enough I can ring in the new year 15 lbs lighter and 10 times stronger physically and emotionally. I guess today I'm feeling blessed to have the courage to change and to have such great buds like you guys supporting me. :angel:

Take Care

SvelteChicky
11-06-2002, 04:44 PM
:p Wow, I popped in to the site, just "for a sec", and ende dup seeing such wonderful messages for me! That's what this place is all about! :dizzy: I am so tired lately, but I'm still plugging. I was asked by someone at church to help raise money for a cancer patient. Three year old little girl, going through cancer. Boy, that really hit me, in my heart. I am so selfish with my time, and my attitude really stinks! I complain about such silly things, while, somewhere out there, lies a 3 year old little girl, praying she makes it through today.

Lord, help me to see that the dreary days are a blessing, because I breathe....

Anyway, last night was election day. We won a good man for governor, so hubby's exstatic! He's also still feeling good.... which makes life so great! And it helps my heart to see him rant and rave about the news.... at least it's a different topic.

So, I rooted around in the shed, and dragged BACK OUT, the summer porch table and chairs. I want this place to appear full of life, and not "closed up for the winter". I don't care if it rusts, I want to be able to sit out there, and watch the winter. It help sme mentally to have that "full of life" feeling around here.

I'll bundle up after dinner, and walk that poopy dog. Long day, but feeling okay. Thanks for your words.:s:

RubyBlue
11-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey,
You're so right, my problems always seem so petty compared to things like what that little girl is going through. I just have to remember to be grateful for all the nice things,great people and good health I have in my life. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about anyway? Not the turkey! Thought that's not bad either :)

I love the idea of leaving the porch stuff out for winter. Great idea. Good for you! Who made that rule anyway? You're inspiring me, maybe winter won't be so bad this year afterall. I can always get some good exercise by shoveling snow!

Anyway, I had a good day yesterday. I had a great walk and ate pretty healthy. Today I feel a little tired but only because I didn't get enough sleep in. Tonight I'm crashing early. I'll definitely need a power nap. Well the weather here will be warmer for the next couple days so I'm going to go out there and enjoy it while it lasts! You ladies have a great day!:flow2:

RaceWalker
11-07-2002, 08:49 PM
I went for a walk with my Mominlaw again yesterday, which was very encouraging. Not just for me, but I'm anxious about her health and it's good to think she is making some positive changes. Today I was sick, I missed both work and my walk. It's night and I'm still sick, but am praying very very hard that I'll be better by morning. At least enough to work and walk.

I'm glad your doing better today, Svelte, and I'm learning a bit about attitude adjustment from you. Here I live where winter is the beautiful part of the year and I don't put out the table and chair at all! Tsk tsk tsk! I'm going to start enjoying some of the nice weather. Last night and today we've had the windows open, and only for a short time did it get a little warm. For the most part it was comfortable or nice and cool. :)

Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed I think of the woman who sold us our first house. She was a young (30's) career woman until she was broadsided by some kind of commercial vehicle. She was paralyzed from the neck down and mentally downsized to thinking/understanding like a teenager. All she could do all day was watch t.v. and not even able to use the remote control for herself. There was an out-of-court settlement for millions of dollars and she was financially set, but how ironically useless! Sometimes I ask myself...on her best day, what wouldn't she give to have my blessings on my worst day?

Doctors are now saying that the shorter days have some effect on our moods, and that the holiday blues that are so common might not just be from holidays. I always struggle at the end of the year. This year I started taking a supplement called St. John's Wort, and it's helping. I got it at a health food store, but I bet you could find it anywhere they sell vitamins and such. Maybe it's worth a try...?

SvelteChicky
11-07-2002, 09:06 PM
Wow, what a story! Can't imagine being paralyzed. Too hard to handle mentally. I'm trying to figure out how to relieve my seasonal depression, without meds... only because I've always been on meds, and I"m tired of them. I've tried all kinds of antidepressants, and they have side effects I do not like. Every body is different, so I'm hoping the St. Johns Wart helps you. It is natural, so that's a plus.

Decided to go out and buy some polaroid film, and had hubby take a couple shots of me, for my avatar... trying to figure out how to get it small enough... ugh!

Looking forward to the long weekend. I"m also skipping my walk tonight. I deserve a break today. wish it was at McD's. (to dream)

ALso, looking forward to some warmer weather this weekend. Might drag me out of my mental fog. Night ladies!

RubyBlue
11-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Race-I hope you're feeling better today.
How about you Svelte? I saw in your journal that you've lost 12 inches that's wonderful! great job!:) I never even thought to measure in the beginning. I think I might now because I am noticing differences in the way some clothes fit and things.

I definitely think the lack of sunlight effects my mood. It's always hard for me to get out of a depression in the winter. I think I start to feel cooped up or something. I have tried St John's Wort myself and I got some positive results from it, so it has some benefits.

The weekend is here again and it always hard to stay on track food wise because I'm usually out to dinner or grabbing what everyone else is eating. I never want to make a big fuss, but it's a juggling act trying to find the healthier choices. I made it through yesterday ok. At least I got my walk in. We'll see how the rest of today goes. Have a great day gals!

ps- Great pic Svelte! It's always nice to see the faces of the great people over here :)

SvelteChicky
11-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Ah Yes, the weekend. And I started off weird, haivng it out wiht my little sister. Mentioned it in my journal, and got smacked in the head by another member. But, I needed a little kick anyway. I was thinking this week, I'm gonna write a list of all the ways i love my sister -- the sister I"m so angry at. Her choices make me so angry, but I'm going there for thanksgiving, and i"ve decided to write a wonderful letter, describing all the ways she's been a blessing in my life. To be honest, I will need to give tis a lot of thoguht, but I know that she'll be blessed through it, and it will help me love her more. Gotta stop picking on her, and love her as she is. Thought I"d mention this little battle I've been haivng in my head all day.

I went over to taht rental property. We're showing it this week, and I decided I'd finish off the yard work. Weed, mulch, trim bushes, cut down low hanging tree limbs. Bag leaves, rake and all that. Big work, and my bodies aching. Also got up early, and took my walk, so Im gonna rent "Ya Ya Sisterhood " order some chinese, laugh, cry, and relax all night with hubby. Man, I've been busy, both mentaly and physically.

Ruby: Ever thought about buying one of those lights for winter depression? Simulates the sunlight, and lifts one's moods.

Race: You still walking with mominlaw? Keep it up girl.

RubyBlue
11-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone,
So how did the rest of your weekends go? Mine went pretty well. I got in all my exercise in and am eating pretty well. Although my dog has a touch of arthritis so she was a little tired walking with me the past couple days. She has her medicine now and is feeling better, she loves walking more than me anyway. She's my fav walking buddy, she gets so excited about it I just have to get happy myself! :)
About the light simulator, I've seen those before and wondered but never really looked into it. I also have many other options I haven't explored that I can do myself. I've been feeling sooo much better lately so I know I can help myself.

Anyway, Svelte sorry to hear about the difficulties with your family. It's great that you can take all that frustration and turn it to the positive by finding the blessings. You seem like a patient and understanding person, that's half the battle won right there. She's lucky to have such a sister who cares so much. :angel:

I hope you enjoyed your movie. I saw Ya Ya and though it was a cute chick flick. I got see 8 Mile on friday with some friends.

Race- How's everything going with you? Have you been feeling better?

Take Care girls:grouphug:

SvelteChicky
11-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Hey girls. I actually didn't end up seeing Ya Ya. But I asked my dad to get it for me for christmas. on dvd. Im trying to start a collection of dvd's, so that's on my list, as well as Greek Wedding I laughed so hard, I almost peed myself!

Hey, Question: should I be sweating every time I take my walk? Because at first I would, and now I"m just breathing. Should I find myself something longer and harder? Just wondering. Still seeing results and all, but wondering if it's something I should be winded doing.

Race: Missing ya... hope your okay.

RubyBlue
11-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey Svelte just a quick note. I think as long as you're still seeing results and not in a plateau your walking sounds fine. Of course it wouldn't hurt to do other exercises where you sweat more, but that may not be necessary right now. Either way great job!:)

ps-I haven't seen Greek wedding yet! I think that's a crime:lol:

SvelteChicky
11-12-2002, 05:35 PM
You gotta see Greek Wedding SO reminded me of my family. Hubby's family is just like the guys. Quiet and reserved. See us all together, and it's like a train wreck. Somehow, we fit, hubby and me. So difrerent, yet totally right for each other. Go Figure!

Went to aerobics last night. Calves are so angry at me... Took atnoehr walk this afternoon.. in the rainstorm. Loved that! Even got hubby to come along. Nothing sweaty like, just a walk.If I"m in a plateau, should I be triyng oew tings? Or is it okay to stay in a plateau? Just Wondering.

RubyBlue
11-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Ok I'm definitely seeing Greek asap, people can't get enough of that movie.
As far as the plateau thing, in my opinion it really depends on what you're comfortable with. Like if you're fine with just maintaining and enjoying the walk then that's great! On the other hand if you'd like to see more results and the walks aren't doing it then you could step it up with something more challenging. This is just what I do. I just stepped up my walking with some short jog spurts lately and I've been doing some arm lifts and situps. I'm getting more results. I like it when I can actually feel my stomach muscles!:dizzy: Of course there are no rules about any of it. I figure as long as I'm moving it's all good. I'm gaining energy everyday so I naturally want to do more exercise.
I think I'm actually going for a 2nd walk tonight I'm feeling energetic. I hit my 15lb loss mark today so I'm happy.It's a great feeling!:dance:

Later :)

RubyBlue
11-14-2002, 02:31 PM
How's everyone doing? Anything new and exciting? or Old and boring?:)

SvelteChicky
11-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Hopping on to say hello. Really tired. Have a friend here form outta town. Already making excuses ot to exercise today. BUt, went to the hour long class yesterday. Looking forward to the weekend. Hope all is well with you guys!

RubyBlue
11-16-2002, 06:24 PM
So how's everyone's weekend going? I'm doing alright. I've had a couple of rough days but I'm pushing my way through. I hope next week is better. I've just forced myself to walk everyday so I think that's helping-even though I have to coach myself thru it. It's one of those days. Things will up look soon. I'll have to get out there and do some other things that make me feel good. Maybe I'll see greek wedding!:)
Hope you both are doing well. Later, ladies:wave:

SvelteChicky
11-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Morning! FInally sent off my friend. We had a blast, and she taught me how to scrapbook, and i"m hooked! I see all kinds of opportunties, in the piles of pictures i"ve accrued over the years. It keeps me buy, and helps me not to mindlessly eat. And, it keeps me away from the TV, so that's another "not eat" perk. Havn'et exercised for 2 days, but I did work my butt off setting up, cooking, serving, and cleaning up for a Ham DInner fundraiser with a little cancer patient as the recipient. What a blessing. SInce I"m sore as ever thins morning, I'm couting yesterday as exercise! Wheew! I"m beat. But, ready for a relaxing sunday. Ta Ta!

RubyBlue
11-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Happy Monday everyone,
Andrea is nice to hear you had such an enjoyable weekend. Race hope you're doing well too.

My weekend was a hard one to get through foodwise. I had some little and big slip ups, but I figure I'll just keep going. I did my exercise and got all my water in, so that's all positive. Hey I started some yoga too. Some simple standing poses but in the end I feel tired, like a had a good workout. So we'll see where that takes me.
Well that's all the news with me, take care and have good day!

SvelteChicky
11-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey, seems like our excitement over this thread is waning. Still missing Race.

Love that yuo're diong Yoga. Poeple tell me they feel taller after a wihe of doing that, because it stretches your body, and makes you longer and more flexible. And it is so good fro your mind too. You go girl! Breathe......

Stepped ont he scale, my usual morning ritual and i"m down like 3 pounds, that makes me 167... man, I feel weird. I've been holding and holding, and now I"m dropping again. It's gotta be the exercise. PMS kills me at aerobics. I always sweat more, and i get clumsy. What a sight. Looking forward to Thanskgiving. Driving to RI to see mom. That'll be grat. We're breinging her presents. Yippee! I love the holidays! Hope today's good!

amberc4614
11-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Svelte...what part of MD are you in?

RubyBlue
11-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey Svelte,
I agree it's not the same without Race, but she did say sometimes she can't get around to a computer for awhile. She'll be back I'm sure. We're still here Race!:)

Yoga is great . I have never felt my leg muscles stretch so much. I do it in the morning when I wake and then again before I go to bed. It's nice and relaxing.

3 pounds way to go, you're flying Svelte!:cb: I've been holding alll this week and it seems like an eternity! I've been doing almost twice as much exercise but the scale doesn't budge. Plus I get a nasty PMS attitude and headaches. I better drop 15 pounds next week or something! :) Oh well I should stop whining and get on with my day. I'm gonna go get my walk on.
Take Care everyone!

ps-sorry I called you andrea in that last post Svelte. I'm getting all mixed up. more proof I am losing my mind..or maybe it's already gone? :lol:

SvelteChicky
11-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Hey Ambr: I'm from Northern Maryland, Harford County. Cute place to live, very small town americana. We're smitten by our little patch of land. Welcome!

Ruby: it's okay, I've never been called Andrea before, so that's first. Actually, my true name is Christy. Ta Da! Secret Revealed!

Ruby: try taking your measurements. I found that when I stopped losing, and was still workijg out, I was losing inches like crazy. Try it! YTou may be flabergasted by your body's progress, when you don't even see it happening. I try not to get caught up in numbers, although I find myself weighing in here every morning. I haven't gained it back yet, which is good. But, If I gain like 5 pounds over christmas, I won't quit. I'll still exercise, maybe little longer walk, faster pace. Something to keep me pumped while I eat more. Make sense? I'm trying here.

Yoga is very good for your body. I hear that it releases toxins when you stretch, from your spine,a nd miscles. The whole practice of Yoga seems like a perfect stress reliever. I just feel a little funnyi n those strange poses. But, you know, wahtever works, rihgt? I"ll stand on my head to be healthy and thing forever, if that what it takes, rihgt?!

amberc4614
11-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Way up there huh? I am down in Anne Arundel County. :)

RubyBlue
11-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey Svelte/Christy/Andrea :)

Measurements are a great idea. I got all excited when you mentioned it because I had forgot about that. I definitely know my clothes fit better and that I look somewhat slimmer(from the side at least). I'll get on that right away. Thanks! Furthermore I think I'm going to banish the scale from my bathroom for awhile and not focus so much on #s. I walk everyday and that's good enough for me. I have to remember this is not a race to see how fast I can lose weight, it's about healthy living. I'll have to give myself a pat on the back more often about this stuff.
So how are your walks and aerobics going? The weather here is really starting to bite back but I'm all about the layering. Hope Maryland is not as cold. Well have a great weekend!:flow2:

SvelteChicky
11-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Ugh, the weather here is exactly that... biting! I took my walk tonight, dog seemes to hold me back, smelling everything. She never acts up like that when we walk int he afternoon. It's like she's obsessed. I'm walking, then jogging. Triyng to make it a hwole block, jogginb. I'm also layering big time. I look like the abominable snowwoman. Oh well. I'm also carrying a flashlight, and triny gto look tough. But, tonihgt, I did great. I jogged, draged the dog, yelling at her all the way. I sit her, sweating.. still. It's good for me. hey, did you notice that your boobs get smaller when you exercise like we are? I'm loving the "big reduction" i'm getting. I hated my big 'jugs". Is that inappropriate to mention here? We're all women right?

Ambr: How are you exercisnig, with the early darkness? I hear we're supposed to have an indian summer or soemthing? I love your signature, Work like you don't need the money. How true.

outback
11-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Hello All>
Your threads are fun to read. I hope you do not mind me hopping in for a bit. I am from Canada, way up North, home to the Edmonton Oilers and West Edmonton Mall. If that does not help, then think of place about 600 miles north of the Montana border. I am 44, :( :( , and would like to lose 60 lbs. I am going to try to do it mostly by exercising, and by cutting back on the amount of food I consume. I have typed that sentence I am sure about 1000 times... actions it seems, speak louder than words. :?:

I do have a question though, and would like to know if anyone knows how the distance is measured on the elliptical machines. Does it refer to running distance like in miles?
Do the RPMs make a difference over time. Meaning if you are at 40 RPMS for 1/2 hour is the workout equivalent to say 80 RPMS at 15 minutes? Just wondering. It seems that I work less hard on my recumbent bike, but burn more calories, than working harder on the elliptical for the same time period. I feel it more on the elliptical, yet the cals burnt are not as much. I guess I could surf the internet to get these answers, but if anyone knows I would love to hear what you know about them.

Nice meeting you all!
Outback..... in the cold.

RubyBlue
11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Outback hello and welcome!:wave: I don't know much about elliptical machines, but I'm sure someone around here can help ya out. I know what you're saying about feeling like you've started over a thousand times. but I just think it can never hurt to try. Plus I always learn something new each time.

Svelte- I wish I could say I know all about the big jugs:lol: but I'm a B cup for life. No matter how big or small I get the "ladies" stay the same. Clothes shopping can be a real pain sometimes.
I'm also laughing because my dog does the exact same thing, sniffs everything under her nose. Some days I want to get going and speed up and she's got a whole sniff agenda. It's hard to break a sweat when I'm stopping every 10 feet.
I threw out my back yesterday ironically dragging the tredmill down the hallway. :dizzy: It hurts to sit down but I seem to be ok standing, I may take a break today and take an easy walk. We'll see what happens.
Well gotta get going, talk to ya later!

SvelteChicky
11-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Hey ladies, and a big welcome to outback... reminds me of the awesome blossom at the restaurant... ayour bad for temptatoin. I"m sure i"ll live. Stay a while, and post when you can. We love visitors. YOu don't have to say anything grand ot post either. Just mention that you're around, and how you're doing.

Outback: I have no answer to your question, because I once asked what the heck an ellyptical machine was, and never heard MY answer. Help me.

Ruby: Man, talk about irony. Trying to get that machine and you're out for the count. Funny too, sorry. I agree about doggie's having their own agenda. I feel like bad mommy, dragging her around, trying to get some wseat going. It is impossible. But i feel guilty if i go alone. she needs the movement. SHe sleeps all day long. Oh how she suffers. Oh to be a dog. Went to PetSmart, and purchase those chewable calming tablets. We're druggin her, unfortunately for her, great for us. Hoe she stays awake to alert us aoubt bathroom stuff, and doesn't just lay there like a lump, peeing all over herself. I'm laughing out loud at the thought. SHe's my baby. I love her so.

TOnight's aerobics, and i"m sad that i'll have several days between the next class. Wish we could have it every other day, instead of just mon and wed. I'd love every day too, then I could at least have the option of which days. Oh well. People in the world are dying, so I'd better smack myself for complaining huh? Well, I;'m sneaking around the office, to be here, so i'm off to check on hubby. See ya later!

outback
11-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Hello Ruby And Svelt: I did not find out my answer, but I did find some information relative to RPMS. I read that it is best to have low resistance with high RPMS. Meaning the more moving with less resistance the better for weight loss. If you are looking to bulk up then lower RPMS with higher resistance. Okay so what does that me.. don't ask me :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
Thanks.. will post more later. I am going off to gym to work out with my darling daughter (she is 13, drags me everywhere, it is sooooo embarassing to be seen with my daughter (tongue in cheek)!

Outback

RubyBlue
11-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone

Svelte I admit it's very funny moving the treadmill left me down for the count. I'm better today tho so I can't complain anymore. Except of course that the darn thing won't start and keeps giving me an error message. Now I'll have to figure that one out. Bad timing too, we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of snow today. It's snowing right now and I'm thinking I'm going to have to be very careful when I walk. But it might be very pretty.
Your dog sounds adorable. I have walk guilt myself when I don't walk mine either. She's a hefty Lab who loves to eat and walk. One she can do by herself the other she needs someone to do w/ her. So she's my buddy. :)

Outback- I wish I knew about RPMS myself, seems like another language. :chin: I do know a bunch about PMS tho, does that help? :lol: Anyway, it's nice you belong to a gym I'm too uncoordinated to exercise in public. & It's always fun to have a workout buddy like your daughter too. What other types of exercise are you into? Do any walking/jogging?

Well catch ya'll later! Have great day

SvelteChicky
11-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Birthday for me today. 28 years old. Miserable as ever. Read my journal entry for today, and you'll see why. BUt, I'm optimistics for the rest of the day. I need to take a long walk, so I can clear my head, prepare for the long drive tomorrow to see mom. Hope all is well... I may not be able to post in RI, since mom has trouble getting online. I'l try to get here. Happy Turkey day if I can't get here. Bye! Be good now!

RubyBlue
11-26-2002, 08:28 PM
First-
:gift: :flow2::hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SVELTE!!:hb::flow2: :balloons:

Now that we got all those smilies out of the way...I read your journal I am so sorry you had such a crappy day:grouphug: It must be Murphys Law or something. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend goes much better and you enjoy yourself and your family. Take care and keep your head up!

SvelteChicky
11-27-2002, 07:00 AM
HI girls. Well my birthday ended up on a strange note. Went to dinner with dad. Met his new girlfriend. Sweet, kinda the low self esteem "be whatever you want me to be " type. Oh well. Not my love life. Talked to the sister's boyfriend, they're up from Ohio. Had a nice mexican dinner.. I had the taco salad, and talked most of the time. Who Knew! So, I ate good food,a nd got some great gifts. CD Walkman, for my walks, a bike helmet, since I"m hoping to get a bike for christmas. A pretty soap basket from dad's new girlfriend. Think she's schmoozin!

Then, after dinner, we looked at my new scrapbook. Talked about old memories, and laughed together. After all this, we go to the car and dump off the presetns and books, and head around te courtyard for a nice walk. It was great. But when we got home, my scrapbook and all pictures were not in the car. We had left them at the restaurant. On a bench. So angry, I called my dad and aske dhim to get it for me. No. He doesn't feel like it. We're oigng outta town in 8 hours, and he doesn't wanna do me a favor,a nd save me precious memories for me?

So, after yelling at him, he agreed to go pick it up tonight (wed) for me. Problem: this means taht mom will not see the book, and it was meant for her to. I'm really disappointed. I've ben working on that book for 2 weeks straight, to have it ready in time for our trip out there. Sad Sad Sad. well, took the dog for a walk,a nd gettign ready to head on out. Have a safe and happy holiday!

RubyBlue
12-02-2002, 03:21 AM
My holiday went pretty well. I even was able to walk everyday. Did a 4 mile walk the day after thanksgiving, so I hope that burned off some of that stuffing! I'm setting some new goals for December and getting that treadmill fixed.
How's it going Svelte? Outback you up to anything lately? Race I hope you haven't gone for good, stop in and say hi!
Well have to get going-
Take Care everyone

SvelteChicky
12-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Hey girls. Went "home" for Thanksgiving. Took a walk every time I wanted to pull my hair out. Needless to say, looks like i dropped 5 more pounds! Funny how life is. I"m exhausted emotionally and physically. Visitng my family does that to me. We live a quiet little existence,a nd they're (mom, sister 4 yr old nephew) live a loud and chaotic life. Neither is bad, just different. Hard to cope with that schedule, and we're definitely not ready for children yet. I"ll catch up in my journal, but I'm alive and doing well.

RubyBlue
12-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Hey Svelte good to hear from ya. I'm sorry visiting home takes so much out of ya. I know what that's like with certain relatives sometimes I have to charge myself up before I jump in. Ahhhh the holidays:dizzy: You can't beat 5lbs lost even tho it wasn't the most pleasant way to walk it off. You're taking care of yourself well, good for you.

As for my walking it's getting a little harder everyday as this weather gets even colder. I walked thru a blizzard the other day, but it was actually kind of pretty, I think I lost a toe tho!:D Yesterday it was 18 degress at night so I bundled up until I was unrecognizable. My treadmill is getting fixed tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to supplement with that. Ok I complain so much but it's really not that terrible, once I warm up I'm fine. How about you any snow up there in Maryland yet?
Take care girl:)

SvelteChicky
12-05-2002, 05:41 PM
We're in the middle of a snow storm here. Actually, it's tapering off now, which lef tme here snowed in for the day. I did three rounds of shoveling, sot hat's good for my body. Hope I don't wake up with a sore back. I always try to use my knees, but you know how that goes. I walked some today too. I got a CD walkman for my birthday, and I walked through the snow with doggie, singing christmas music. That was great. Thank God for music, or I"d be a mess! So far so good today. Hope you get that treadmill back... this wakling int he winter stuff is the pits! Maybe i{"ll get one someday, Until then, i'm one wiht nature.

RubyBlue
12-07-2002, 12:55 AM
Hey Svelte
That snow storm out east sounds so nasty! We've just had a few inches here and there nothing to close roads, schools or anything. I'm sure it's coming eventually.
I did get my treadmill finally fixed and did about 40 min on it yesterday. It's definitely not as enjoyable as walking around outdoors, but at least I didn't freeze. I got some of my music to keep me going too. Yesterday it was the Dixie Chicks, it's energetic and fun. I was back outside walking again today. I decided I'd only use the treadmill when the weather was completely disagreeable.
Ah well,with all the christmas shopping I have to do I should really think about doing some mall walking. :)

SvelteChicky
12-07-2002, 09:05 PM
HI! I need a treadmill. There aren't enough neighbors shoveling their sidewalks, for me not to fall and hurt myself out there. Poor dog was pretending she was ice skating. Good rugged terrain though when you think about it. We're going to Williamsburg tomorrow, and we'll walk and walk and walk... so i'm skipping tonihgt. Hope I exercise more than I eat tomorrow. You now how it is when ytou go outta town, All you wanna do is shop, and eat. At least I do. Seems like it's just you and me chatting, Should we abandon ship?

RubyBlue
12-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Hey
The idea of your dog ice skating gave me a good laugh! Winter walking is tough.
Anyway, you're right about this thread, seems like no one is willing to jump in and join. I was thinking maybe we could start a new thread and rename it something like "Calling all Walkers!" and see if some new people might want to join us. If nobody joins then we'll know for sure we are the 2 last people on earth who walk!:) Oh well I don't know if you're up for it, but I do enjoy coming here to talk about my exercise and whatever else is going on. Let me know what ya think. Hope you enjoy your trip to Williamsburg.
Later

SvelteChicky
12-10-2002, 07:58 AM
HI Ruby.. great idea! Start taht new thread,a nd we'll ride the wave, big or small.. I'll wait to look for it before posting here again. Bye!

RubyBlue
12-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey Svelte, How's it going? I got that new thread up and going and I think we might actually have a couple bites. So here's to hoping! :crossed: See ya over there.