Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 06:47 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#235

WELCOME!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:59 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

You guys have been busy! I have to be totally and completely honest with you when I tell you I have not even read the whole thread I missed! I only went one day without posting! Man! You guys have been busy little beavers!

I was off from work yesterday and I had all these things I wanted to get done and I sat on this computer for almost 2 hours yesterday and I finally got up and said, "No more!" I meant to get on here last night and update, but I got busy and actually got some work done. Don't you hate it when you start out doing one thing and it totally turns into something else? I'm not going to get started right now, because I've got a yard full of kids hollering for me to come outside, but to make a long story short: I went in the kitchen last night to simply load the dishwasher and before I knew it, I was down on hands and knees scrubbing the floor with bleach cleaner! I don't even know how it came to that. Needless to say, by the time I was finished..............half my clothes were bleached, my fingers were raw and I think I was high. Either that, or delirious!!

Food has still been good and I have been being a good girl! I love you all very much. I'm gonna head out to the yard now for all this good ol' scary fun and I WILL be back later to respond to you guys!! to you all!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:22 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

I AM MOVING KIM OVER HERE FROM THE LAST THREAD!

Thinthinker invited me to your group
I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I have 4 kids. I went back to school in the spring (love it) and now I am a Partylite consultant. My life is in a constant wirlwind . Sometimes I like it that way, it makes life exciting.

I use to go to WW, but I my friends stopped going, and then I got tired of paying the weekly fee's so that was a good enough excuse to quite. I did loose about 27#'s, but of course I have gained it all back. I want to return to WW, but I just have not found the motivation to do it. My WW books sit on my desk, I keep telling myself that I will just start again, but I will just do it on my own. WRONG! I need to motivational support and encouragment. Plus it really does help to be held accountable to the scale every week.

Well that is about all for now, I have to get my kids to school and then I am off for school myself. I will try and check in later today.

Kim
Old 10-31-2002, 08:28 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Ok now I can post! I didn't want Kim to get lost over at the other thread so I moved her here to start fresh with this new thread! Phewww...I can't keep up with you all lately!

We took Andrew to the mall and did some trick or treating there and we had dinner in the food court. Then we went to a couple of friends' houses on the next street over then did some trick or treating at a couple of our neighbors here. I am exhausted! John is happy because there are reeses in andrew's bag! He made out like a little bandit!! He is out cold on the couch already!! Poor little dude!!

Next Monday I have to drive to Reading for two weeks so I probably won't be posting much because I probably won't get home till 830 or 9 pm every night and then have to get lunches ready and clothes ready for the next day before I hit the hay and then try to get some studying done too! So don't forget me while I am gone ok?

I really need to stuff done now so I will try and catch up with you all tomorrow! Oh and before I forget again....WELCOME KIM! You picked a great bunch of ladies to join and help you with support!

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-31-2002, 08:50 PM   #5  

WHAT do you mean you won't be posting much, Michelle????? NO excuses!!!!! We need to hear from you. At least pop in with a howdy doo.....

Welcome, Kim.....
Old 11-01-2002, 06:11 AM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Lucky I will do the best I can...I will be leaving the house at 6:50 in the morning and won't be home till 8:30 or 9:00 pm. Sooooo....I may not be on here much during those two weeks..I have to study too! Yuk! What did I get myself into???? I am going shopping so I can get lots of stuff for the crockpot so John and Andrew can eat well. Plus I'll get quick stuff to throw in their lunch bags. Those gerber graduates work wonders when you are in a hurry!

Anyhooooows....gotta go get us ready this morning. I didn't do anything last night to get ready for this morning so we are in a time crunch!

TTFN Michelle

BTW, where da heck is everybody???? Did the goblins all get ya last night???
Old 11-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hey, kids...

Did everyone survive Halloween? I had a few indiscretions, shall we say, but no where NEAR previous Halloween over-indulgences! So I'll consider the day a minor success and move on...back OP and exercise today.

Welcome, Kim! I know you'll love this wacky group of women!

HEY!! Did we pick a chat time for this week???

I don't have much to say this morning...My head is about to explode from the cold I'm suffering with. ~sniff...cough...sneeze~

I think I'm going to crawl back under the covers for a bit...

See you all later...
Old 11-01-2002, 09:56 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Hope you are all well. I had a terrible Halloween, chocolate wise. My gosh, if there was a candy bar, I ate it......until they were gone!

I'm working theatre jobs all weekend, so I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

Kimberly: Well, girl, we just keep bringing you along. Welcome to our little corner of the site. We're glad to have you. Post often so we get to know you.

I've gotta run. You all take care.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:26 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

HI all... I am just blowing through on my way to Texas.
I want to welcome Kimberly... hope we meet up soon.
Found this on another thread here in 3fc and only copied some of it... but it is an eye opener. Hope you like it as much as I did.
Quote..." PLEASE,Please,please dont think you need special will power to make this happen for you. You dont need to be a "strong willed " person bla bla bla. I read an article that made so much sense. This 700lb morbidly obese young man asked him self always " Why do I keep eating so much" One day he asked himself " When? when will I do something about this instead of asking why?" There are too many reasons why we overeat and most are the excuses we use and we quit. You've probably said or heard these before : I cant do this,I wish I could just exercise,Well my whole family is fat, I'm too old and my metabolism is too slow now,I was meant to be fat so why fight it,I wish I was just thinner, I dont have the time .... YOU ARE ONLY LIEING TO YOURSELF AND NO ONE ELSE! Personally I hate exercise,lifting weights,jogging,aerobics. But without some kind of aerobic activity our weightloss will NOT work. You might lose a few pounds and thats it. IF you are very heavy like 100 lbs overweight you might lose a lot beforeyour body just slows down and you cant lose anymore.You dont have to starve yourself

I liked that statement... "when will I start doing something about this instead of asking why
I am grateful that today I can say TODAY. Today I can grab the bull by the horns and do something about it.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-01-2002 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:43 PM   #10  

Default Hiya chicklets!

My apologies for the scarcity of posts by me in the last couple of days. No excuses for it save I haven't been particularly chatty (but I have been faithfully reading all your posts)! The truth is... I'm still not chatty but thought I should post before ya'll forgot who I was!

Everything is peachy keen on the diet front. Last night, instead of forcing myself to resist halloween candy (a big struggle for me), we never bought any! We closed up our house last night, went out for a healthy dinner and went to see a play!

Exercise is awesome. I've been working out HARD everyday and I think I can almost see muscles developing in my arms. Tonight I'm waiting until hubby is home from work so I can take the car to the gym; it SNOWED here today. Yuckers.

Okay. That's about all the chatty-ness I can muster up. See all you chickies in a bit.

Sara
270/185/150
Old 11-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Yippeee....I just got a call and I don't have to drive to Reading on monday. She is going to be in one of the Philadelphia stores so I am going to meet her there. Thats only about 30 minutes from me!

I gotta run...we are having a sitter tonight and we are going out for a few drinks with some friends. I hafta get this house cleaned up a little bit. She is a new sitter and cheap too! LOL Andrew has a cold and doesnt' feel good so I probably won't be out long!! My poor little baby sounds terrible!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Hey! Where IS everybody?

I'm on my way out to Curves, didn't get to exercise yesterday and feel sluggy...could be the monstrous cold I have too. Some good sweating will perk me up, I know.

I hope to see a few more posts when I get back, OK?

don't make me have to summon the !!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:42 PM   #13  

Okay, just remember "I" posted.

I would love to chat Saturday, 7 Central, 8 Eastern....Of course, if I am there WHAT will you talk about???????????

Let me know...

Know one (hardly) has responded to the chat times so I was thinking we could do one for Saturday and one for Wednesday?????? That way whoever can "can" show up. What do you think????? There will be a new chat room soon....at least that is what they said before.

Today was crappy....I found out that the company I worked for for over 27 years is trying to mess with me....they are trying to make me take a lump sum on my pension - $100,000.00 less than I would get otherwise. If you don't take the lump sum they are putting the money in the stock market....we all know how well THAT is going.

COME ON!!!!!!!! WEALTHY, HUNKY HUSBAND FOR LUCKY.....KEEP CHANTING!!!!

One more time: WEALTHY, HUNKY HUSBAND FOR LUCKY

and again:

WEALTHY, HUNKY HUSBAND FOR LUCKY

I can't hear you!!!!!!

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 11-01-2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:10 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Hi All I'm still here but not very talkative. I still have a crudy croupy cough and feel pooky. I am still realing over the loss of my grandmother
Today is my DH birthday and I promised I would take him out to eat. I have to work this morning at the library and coffee shop.

I'll try to get in to chat tonight.
luv to all of you
Old 11-02-2002, 08:24 AM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Me too Mary...I feel pooky! I kinda got a mild hangover! Me who doesn't drink had three jolly ranchers and a shot of banana split! Ugggghh! Did I ever feel like puking my guts out last night! I am NOT a drinker! I could never become an alcoholic!!

My little guy has a cold. John put some vicks vapor rub on his last night and he went to sleep with us. When I went to move him to his own bed he was sweating so much the sheets were wet! I was hoping he would sweat it all out but he still has a boogy nose! But he is feeling better today! We are going to go up to the church at the top of the street for their holiday bazaar. We usually get an ornament for our tree and for grandma's tree and Auntie Kim's tree.

Once we get back I have to finish up the laundry and then hit the books! I will have my back up against the wall shortly!

I'll check back in later when I take a break! I hope more of you come out to post...its pretty slow in here!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread