20-Somethings BL Corner - Team Storm Chat

View Full Version : Team Storm Chat

KimL1214
10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your teamÖ

Team STORM

armywife88
audri8301
carlyjordon2002
denice81
fatmac
Fit4Lyfe
GreenTeaYum
IslandVet
Janel83
JasonsLea
Jelbellesmommy
JessieCat
katy trail
katylil
Kismet89
LauraLovesWeims
leopardspots
mommy1028
Nessa411
nutrition junkie
precieuseamande
rainbowstripe
Rtsmme4life
smisen
stephandra
tinycities
Utahgirl1982
zanheltangia

GreenTeaYum
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Yay!! I have been compulsively checking this forum all morning to see when the teams would be posted. (Thank you KimL for doing this by the way!)

I'm so excited- we are going to kick butt! :D

KimL1214
10-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I will post challenges later tonight, so keep watching for new threads!!!

leopardspots
10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the 20 Something BL challenge. I'm very excited to be participating in this challenge for the first time and to be acting as a team leader for our group. I'd like to get started by having everyone check in here or on the weigh-in thread by 10/24.

First, I think it would be fun to get to know a bit about each other and set some goals for the challenge. Please copy and paste the text below and add your info:

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:

leopardspots
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM

Most Recent NSV: Fit into my size 10 jeans for the first time in 2 years!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd like to reach 159 by the end of the challenge, which is 12 lbs.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Eating clean, not snacking at night, P90x. I am in my first week of my second round of P90X.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I am starting a new job soon and don't want to fall into bad habits, eat out too much, and slack on the exercise. I am not going to buy Halloween candy until the day of Halloween to avoid binging on kit kats.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am hoping for a puppy for Christmas!

GreenTeaYum
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM

Most Recent NSV:I have been measuring every month and this last month, I lost 1 1/2" from my waist :D

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: By mid-December, I hope to be around 185 (-20lbs)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Good ol' calorie counting and exercise

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: The holidays- this is certainly going to be a difficult time of year. Halloween candy, Thanksgiving goodies, etc. My family likes to cook and bake- they know no moderation or 'healthy versions' of food.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:Charlie, my basset hound, is my biggest motivation to get exercise. He loves his walks and makes me feel oh so guilty when we don't go every night after work. :)

IslandVet
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM

Most Recent NSV: Well...I just started yesterday, so I don't really have any victories yet!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I want to weigh 170 lbs (14 lb loss)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Keeping a food journal with calorie counting and running

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Food selection here is pretty limited, so it's easy to submit to pre-packaged goodness. I also stay incredibly busy with my school life and tend to put my health on the back burner.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm finishing up my third year in vet school and the day after this challenge ends, I'll be flying home to the USA!!

Kismet89
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM

Most Recent NSV: Not sure...I've gone down one size!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'm aiming for 290, 25 lb loss.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and exercise at least 4x weekly.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Thanksgiving. That's a huge holiday with my family and I usually go way overboard. I'm cooking this year and plan to scale WAY back.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a wife and mother of two little boys.

audri8301
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM

Most Recent NSV: Realizing that my old pants are just too big to wear anymore, even with a belt.

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Ideally I will hit my initial goal of 170 pounds, a 19 pound loss.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie Counting & South Beach + as much exercise as I can find time for

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Not spending all of time at work!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a middle school teacher.

stephandra
10-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Ahh I'm so excited to start this! Can't wait to get to know all you lovely ladies...Team Storm FTW!

Most Recent NSV:Staying on plan/not cheating my first week!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:Hoping to shed 15 lbs, be down to 195.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting, figuring out an exercise regimen, I'm still undecided on what I want to do. I've been walking this first week but I want to up that to something else, maybe running...

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Every evening is a challenge for me since I'm a chronic night time binger. But definitely the holidays...I just want to get through this whole challenge BINGE FREE!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am going on a first date to a concert Friday and I'm REALLLLY excited :D

Jelbellesmommy
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Most Recent NSV:joined a gym and actually go!!!!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: to be down 15 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:WW and working out
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:not falling off program during Thanksgiving
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: well I'm not exactly 20 something, but I wanted to be in the challege with my daughter...cant wait to get started!!

katy trail
10-21-2010, 12:07 AM
i'm so excited about this challenge finally starting. i was ready 2 weeks ago!

most recent nsv: fitting into size 12 capri pants. i don't care if they can't be worn outside anymore. i'll wear them inside! i can't go back to sweatpants.
i also sorted through my clothes. all the 'fat' clothes ended up in the trash or ready for good will.

weight loss goal for the challenge:10-15 (flexible)

battle plan: a mix of calorie counting and intuitive eating as healthy as possible on a budget. alot of cardio. strength training, mostly lower body.

challenges/temptations:
my real challenge/goal is to run or whatever it takes to lose inches of fat on my thighs. so that they are toned, and other people can see muscle that i KNOW is there.

i have a tendendency to be either totally motivated, go, go, go! or blah, i don't feel like exercising. Consistency in exercising will be very important. balance between weight loss and family, cleaning etc. will be very important. i always want to do all exercise, ignore the house, then it's so bad i have no time to excercise. so each day i have to do both.

my temptation. everyday is a temptation. everyday when i'm alone is a trigger time. avoiding binging is another challenge, although, i've been doing well. binge free since sept. 3rd.

anything else i would like to share:
i have an awesome dh. 3 kids. ds 9, ds 8, and dd 5. i'm currently a SAHM. during the challenge i'll be packing and getting everything ready to move. if everything goes well, we could be moving shortly after christimas. or if i get my wish, before lol. someone said they want a puppy for christmas. i was window shopping for cathe friedrich dvds and equipment, but now having a house with my own workout room (instead of my bedroom) is so much better!

also, i love learning/helping/talking about exercise, different food finds. feel free to pick my brain. i don't know much about vegan or low carb. still working on learning those :)

ok people, let's kick butt!

denice81
10-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Most Recent NSV: fitting into my "skinny jeans" ...they look really bad and dated, but the point is that they fit!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:6-8 lbs.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: pilates 2x week, start running again and either starting ww again or just trying to stick to healthy eating.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: eggnog ;)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a wife and mother of an 11 month old daughter.

rainbowstripe
10-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Hey Ladies! I'm pretty excited to do this challenge!

Most Recent NSV: Finally fitting back into my black skinny jeans after 2 years (I weighed more last time I fit them - just goes to show body shapes change!)

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Well... I'll see where I am when we start on Monday, but if I'm around the same weight as I am today, I'd like to see myself losing 11-13 pounds (5-6 kilograms)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: More strict on making my calories good calories and less treat ones, upping my exercise each week and making sure I get something in most days!

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just generally keeping on track. This is the longest I've kept up calorie counting/exercising/portion control and while it seems to be just part of my life, I know how easy it is to slip back into old habits so I'm working on not doing that!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nothing I can think of right now! Oh except that today I'm feeling super hot and attractive since I just got my hair cut and re-coloured yesterday. Walked to visit my grandma and was totally strutting my stuff down the street hah! OH also. I weigh in kilograms since I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, but I always use google to convert it to pounds so I can post both here! I use kg on my ticker but pounds in my side bar thingy thing.

tinycities
10-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone! :) I'm really looking forward to being part of this challenge. I enjoyed being in the Autumn challenge and found it really motivating to have a place to document my progress every week and see how others were getting along. It seems like a really motivating and supportive way to lose weight!

Most recent NSV: This isn't really a specific incident, but just generally feeling like my previously tight jeans and other fitted items of clothing are getting roomy and too big for me! And, this isn't really a victory (it's actually quite annoying!), but over the past few weeks, I have really been feeling the cold, now that I have lost a load of my "insulation" :lol:
Weight loss goal for the challenge: My goal is to lose 10lbs by the end of the challenge, which works out at an average loss of 1.25lbs a week. If I could reach my goal of 150lbs, that would be such an incredible bonus!
Battle plan for reaching BL challenge goal: I'm going to continue calorie counting and logging my food, aiming for no more than 1,500 calories a day. I will also be continuing with the C25K programme (I am currently on Week 7 of 9), and so I intend to complete that programme during this BL challenge. Once that is completed, I will select an appropriate running programme to continue with, and do that for the remainder of the challenge. I will do my best to get in a brisk walk of at least 20 minutes on most days.
Particular challenges/upcoming temptations that you are working to/or planning to overcome: I'm going to do my best to stay motivated and keep enjoying my running and regular exercise. I'm also going to do my best to stay motivated if my weight loss stalls or slows down. Since I am near my goal and a couple of pounds away from "normal" BMI, weight loss is definitely slower than it has been, so I'm going to do everything I can to stay patient and focused, even if the pounds aren't flying off!
Anything else you would like to share about yourself: I live by the sea on the south coast of England with my boyfriend. I'm currently working towards a PhD in clinical psychology, and I'm really enjoying it. I love the outdoors, driving places with no particular destination in mind, 80s/90s music, cooking and baking, crochet and knitting, and reading for pleasure!

katylil
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Age: 19 (as of two weeks ago! bit far off from being a twenty-something yet but ah well...)

Most recent NSV: So many! I bought two size S dresses the other day after a lifetime of Ms and Ls which has made me happy!

Weight loss goal for the challenge: I'd like to lose 10 pounds which would take me to what I weighed when I was 12! :)

Battle plan for reaching BL challenge goal: A combionation of calorie-counting (I try to keep under 1200 a day but usually end up around 1300), running, dance, pilates, green tea supplements and a herbal capsule my flatmates (who are also trying to lose weight) and I have started taking called Thermopure. It's supposed to speed metabolism as well as give you an energy boost so you can exercise for longer. But mainly I'm focussing on my eating, and specifically, on not snacking so much!

Particular challenges/upcoming temptations that you are working to/or planning to overcome: Snacking when I'm bored is a big one. Also motivating myself to go running if my flatmates don't want to come with me. And alcohol! I go out a lot at uni and even though I say I won't drink, I usually end up having something and unfortunately the best drinks for dieting (vodka and diet coke) are also the most expensive so I end up buying cheaper but higher-in-calories stuff which just wrecks my day of good eating... Definitely going to cut down on that and try going out sober more often :)

Anything else you would like to share about yourself: I'm doing a Musical Theatre course at university and really want to be a professional actress/performer once I graduate. Obviously my appearance and physical fitness is an important factor to being hired, which is why I'm determined to lose this weight and keep it off, because acting is all I've ever wanted to do and I refuse to let a bowl of noodles stand in my way!
I also love writing, watching movies, reading on the beach, singing my head off all day and going out with my friends.

Nessa411
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM

Most Recent NSV: I fit back into my size 11 jeans and shorts (haven't since '08 when I was pregnant w/ my son so this is great :) )

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I want to lose at least 10 lbs, get down to the 150's

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: sticking to my nutritional plan, not cheating on sugar or fried foods, and going to the gym/working out 4-5 times a week

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: the holidays, eating healthy-not eating candy on holloween. I love baking over the holidays, so it's going to be hard to always cook something I can eat.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a wife and mother, my daughter is 3 and my son is 1.

Fit4Lyfe
10-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Whoa, is it time already? I am so excited to be in my first TBL challenge and I look forward to kicking butt!

Most Recent NSV: Hmm...joining a bootcamp and sticking with it (almost 2 weeks and I've only missed one day!), skinny black pants got looser, not much else

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I have no idea, how long is this challenge again?

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Umm calorie counting/zig-zagging and exercise exercise exercise oh and better planning. I know Sundays are my only real "free" day so I want to cook some tasty meals then and plan my strategy for the week then.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: If I know I have calories left over in my allowance I'll fill them with junk, I need to start filling them with good food also I need to up my calorie intake because I find that now I am working out pretty hard and my body can't function on 1200 calories, it just can't, also put the chocolate down!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm stressed with finishing my Bachelor's and applying to Law School; with working out in the morning and classes at night (yea I work full-time) some days I am up for over 15 hours straight and eating healthy is the last thing on my mind. I also made a promise to myself that I will stick to this plan for one full year from my birthday (10/19/2010) no matter if I don't lose a pound, no matter how many times I fall off the horse.

Rtsmme4life
10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm super excited for this challenge!
Melanie
Most Recent NSV: My size 18s being really big on me!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: To hit 195!
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:Calorie counting!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Having 2 kids with a ton of Halloween candy around and of course Thanksgiving since I am always making pies!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am a mom of 2 boys (6 and 4),I have been with their father 7 years :)

fatmac
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Most Recent NSV: After walking up two flights of stairs, my boss (who is tall and super, super, model-thin) was extremely winded - and I wasn't!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: to be stable in the 150s

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: eat only what's planned for the day. no unexpected meals. no binges. no artificial foods. no sugar. no gluten. limited alcohol.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: bulimia/BED are kicking my @$$ right now, so biggest goal is to overcome this monster!

zanheltangia
10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Well now, this should be fun, looks like we have quite a few posters this time! :D

Zan:
Most Recent NSV: Managed to drop below 200 pounds on a recent WI
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Get under 200 pounds permanently!
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Getting back into the swing of things, dumping the Oreos and other "naughties" for this challenge, getting my rear back on (food/WW points) tracking, and getting back to the broth soups of YUM!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Halloween Candy, High stress with a new/first car loan, and upcoming family holidays. :eek:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a gamer, nerdy fiction reader/writer, and Dungeons and Dragons Roleplayer. You have been warned, the Geek is in the thread, :lol3:! 3FC forum addict, and I plan on hauntin' this thread in the spirit of Halloween, Woohooo! Favorite Holiday EVER!:carrot:

GreenTeaYum
10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a gamer

Yay!! Another gamer girl. I haven't ever played dungeons and dragons, but I'm a total geek when it comes to sci-fi books and video games. What do you like to play?

JessieCat
10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey! Sorry I didn't realize the teams were posted! I am really looking forward to this motivation and to getting to know you all better! yay!

Most Recent NSV: Feeling sexy in my dress today when I looked in a full length mirror in the bathroom today!

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 10 lbs?

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Working out 5-6 times/week; trying my best to count calories and make healthy choices

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: 1. My BF is visiting me this weekend (will be hard to stay OP), 2. my parents are visiting me over Halloween (think lots of dinner outs, apple cider donuts, pies), 3. I have to go to Canada for a conference (every meal out), 4. Thanksgiving.. I will be home for almost a week where there will be a lot of naughty food, candy, fattening foods, 4. My friend is visiting me the following week and I usually eat badly with her, 5. Holiday time means candy and cookies and bad stuff!
So basically I have a ton of diet-derailing events during this challenge.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am in my third and final year of orthodontic residency.

smisen
10-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey ladies!!! Looking forward to kicking butt on this challenge with you all :)

Most Recent NSV: I've taken the last year off of weight loss, so I don't really have anything to report right now. Just getting back down to business after the most stressful year of my life is about it!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 6 pounds - slow and steady, baby!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Get back to tracking my calories, quit eating extra food at work and stop eating tons of extra calories to make up for hard workouts

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I work in Marketing for a candy/chocolate company - basically, I run the sample room, where I have 100+ different types of candy in stock... Also, the holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, early Christmas celebrations all tend to trip me up!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a dancer, and I live with my fantastic husband and our two b*tchy cats. I do freelance writing/web design/web marketing in my spare time, so I'm a pretty busy person!

zanheltangia
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Carly: Oh I stink royally at Halo! I cannot get over some problems I have with the whole view with one joystick and move with the other that playstation/xbox does. But I manage pretty good against the few "average" players I know ;).

It varies, GreenTeaYum, but I'm in love with Dance Dance Revolution again at the moment, weight loss sure helped with that one.

I've been playing WoW on and off lately (Not now though, I can take it or leave it easily, but I have friends who were "addicted" to it, me, I'm bored with it) and less recently messing around with the older systems whenever I have the time (gauntlet legends & guitar hero on PS2, Mario 64, Star Fox, and Super Smash Brothers on the N64), stuff like that.

I recommend getting into Dungeons and Dragons if you like to get out of playing scripted games (not 4th edition though, I play 3.5 with my group and we do "homebrew" aka our own worlds when we play so I don't know any of the pregenerated modules/games to recommend. But if you are curious, try the roleplaying game Pathfinder, it's basically 3.5.5 Dungeons and Dragons, if that makes any sense, so it's the newest and better than 4th edition which tends to be ran as a hack-and-slash game.).

That's what I don't like about things like WoW, sometimes I just want to do something totally random as a character and it is impossible, you've got a limited set of actions you can do. I hate to compare DnD to WoW like this. But when you get an awesome group together to play DnD, it makes for a fun time.

The last time I played, my halfling "rogue" character (more of an spelunker/explorer than what the word Rogue usually brings to people's minds), anyway, during a fight I managed some nice acrobatics and ended up the only player character to survive a trap without getting "permanently" blinded or damaged in any way from the spell. Between that, difficult nonplayer character interactions, and working with the rest of the party to get our butts out of some insane situations, yeah, fun times! :D Sorry that I am babbling, but Game-Day is tomorrow and I am excited! woohoo!

On a BL topic, I better WI before game day as I don't think I'll be around until Monday, muahhaha :devil:

leopardspots
10-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Carly, I am fine with you posting Friday's weigh in. I only weigh in once a week. Otherwise I get discouraged.

Jelbellesmommy
10-22-2010, 10:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the resent Birthday girls!!

katy trail
10-23-2010, 12:17 AM
i didn't play games as a child. well, was very rare. but my dh is a gamer for life. so watching him play final fantasy i got hooked. love rpg's. but had too stop. now cathe and 3fc forums have replaced the gaming as my addictions. at least it's a good sub instead of munching. i'm as far from the kitchen as i can get in my 1k sqft house/apt.

Nessa411
10-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Carly/ everyone: I did the last bl challenge and didn't miss any weigh-ins, for the most part I posted my weight on Fridays, just to be on the safe side because w/ two children and a husband that's off most weekends, I wanted to make sure I posted. I would rather post a day/two days early then not post at all!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend, I'm excited to be in this challenge, goodluck everyone!

smisen
10-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh my gosh, you guys - how the heck did I get back up to 179.9?! I was at this weight around the same time last year, but I made it down to the low 170s for my wedding in July.

Now, I know I've been going a little crazy with the food post-wedding, but I definitely didn't realize that it had gotten this out of hand. 8 pounds in 3 months? Not okay! Haha, I'm so glad this challenge is starting right now :)

A few of the things I'm going to be working on:

*Not eating extra food at work - including break room snacks and anything in the sample room (including the trail mix!)

*Not eating a bunch of extra food after hard workouts

*Adjusting my target calories to fit my new, more active job

Lets do this, ladies!!!

fatmac
10-24-2010, 01:00 PM
smisen, I had the same feeling as you when I weighed in this morning. I know I've had a bit of a battle with the binge-monster the past few weeks, but I was six (SIX) pounds higher than about 3 weeks ago. And, considering the amount of calories I can put away in a full-on binge, I bet they're real pounds of fat. Sigh.

I'm so ready for this challenge. I made a plan and I'm sticking to it! I think I've identified alcohol as a major, major trigger for binges, so, while I can easily fit a couple of glasses of wine into my caloric budget, I'm going to choose not to so that I'm not tempted by food.

Good luck everyone!

LauraLovesWeims
10-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Most Recent NSV: Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in about 8 years.

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: I'd really like to hit 175. That's about 15 pounds.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and better consistency with working out.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Holidays. I LOVE to bake around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll just have to bake for other people.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I foster weimaraners for a local rescue... hence the name. My biggest motivation for the weight loss has been that my husband and I are talking about trying for a baby in the next year. My sister-in-law is getting married out of the country at the end of January, and I'm the photographer, so anything after that is game.

leopardspots
10-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Good Job Weighing-In everyone! We are only waiting on 12 more!

katy trail
10-24-2010, 02:10 PM
welcome! i live on the IL side. I'm hoping to move to Spanish Lake area.
Let's kick butt!

katylil
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Had a bit of a bad weekend food-wise as my friends are leaving town for a bit and we've been on leaving dinners and such. But back on the wagon tomorrow! I have tons of soup and fish prepared and I'm planning lots of lovely solitary walks along the coastline (my flatmates have gone home for the week) so roll on next weeks weigh-in! :)
Hope everyone's had a good weekend!

rainbowstripe
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey ladies! I only just weighed in - for some reason I thought the 24th was Monday so I thought me weighing in on Monday would make me ahead of everyone else haha, since I'm in the Southern Hemisphere. But I've posted my start weight now, yay.

Since the challenge actually started Sunday...well...I didn't start that well! I overate last night for the first time in 3 months, it was not fun. I didn't even really mean to do it and I didn't feel great afterwards at all. Cheesecake was involved. Safe to say, I've learnt my lesson. I can't believe I used to do that more often!

It's a public holiday today (Monday) here in New Zealand, I get paid but I don't have to work! YAY! I think I'm going to go hang out with my parents for the day. I'm not sure if exercise will happen, but I'm definitely keeping my calories in check today after last night!

Do we have a Team Storm Banner of some sort?

leopardspots
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey everyone! I created a Banner for our Team. Let me know what you think, if you hate it, want a different incarnation of Storm, etc. If someone can make something better, you are welcome to it. I can't get the code to post in the forum even with spaces, etc. so I am PMing everyone the codes.

audri8301
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Leopard, thanks for doing that. I think the banner looks fantastic!

Fit4Lyfe
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey everyone! I created a Banner for our Team. Let me know what you think, if you hate it, want a different incarnation of Storm, etc. If someone can make something better, you are well come to it. I can't get the code to post in the forum even with spaces, etc. so I am PMing everyone the codes.

Awesome banner!

leopardspots
10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
OK...I PMed everyone that could accept PMs. The code can be found here...

http://www.bannersketch.com/index.php?pid=getcode&code=86758914c67b718d54dfa64c73ba892a

Let me know if there are any questions! Lets kill this week!

rainbowstripe
10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Yay! Awesome banner. I feel so excited to have it in my signature!!

IslandVet
10-25-2010, 12:34 AM
leopardspots - I LOVE the banner! Of course I had to add it immediately. Thanks so much for leading us (to victory!!)
rainbowstripe - Ugh, cheesecake is my weakness!! Tomorrow (Monday) is a public holiday for me, too. It's Thanksgiving Day here in Grenada and like every holiday, it's celebrated with family, friends, and food. I'm not going to get sidetracked. I have a game plan for tomorrow and I intend to stick to it.

Good luck this week! I am so excited to be starting our challenge. We are going to kick some tail!! :D
Team STORM!!

leopardspots
10-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone, I'm glad everyone likes the banner. Sorry I haven't been posting. I traveled for work this week. Glad to be home. Lets get this chat thread cooking!!!

GreenTea: I just have to tell you I love green tea as well as many other sorts. I seriously drink about 10-18 cups of tea every day. My co-workers think I’m crazy. I also love dogs. I can’t wait to get one when I am finished grad school and have time for one.

IslandVet: I am so jealous of you for studying in the Indies. I think that would be so cool. Technically, I am an international student, studying in the US, but born in Canada. I love being able to get an education from a new place and then go home with experiences others don’t have. I’m sure yours are incredible. What kind of specialty are you going into? Domestic animals or exotic animals? Are you going to open a practice or do you want to work in a zoo or something?

Kismet: I find it hard enough to diet and exercise while taking care of a husband, but when two children, I don’t know if I could do it. I hear what you say about scaling back on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I have to do it twice a year, once in Oct with my family, and then again in Nov. with my husbands.

Audri: What subjects do you teach? I would think middle school would be one of the most difficult age groups to teach. I know I as a miserable child then and feel bad about how I behaved. I turned out all right, but I’m sure my teachers were so glad to get rid of me come June.

Steph: Where in Northern MI are you from? I lived in Waterford for a while and did my undergrad at Oakland University. My in-laws live in Oscoda. I love visiting up there. How did your date go?

Carly: I had a horrible experience with an IUD. Hopefully, you feel better after getting it removed. Congrats on your wedding anniversary. I can’t wait for that to be me in a few years!

Jelbelle: Again, I lived in MI for 6ish years and loved it there. Wish I could have stayed if I wasn’t trying to escape the economy.

Katy trail: I want a puppy for X-mas! Good luck with the move. I’ve moved so many times, I am so over it. How much of a distance is your move?

Denice: I love eggnog! Especially with a shot of rum. The homemade stuff of course. My husband and family think it is so gross. Love it!

leopardspots
10-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Rainbow: I love your hair cut and color! I love wearing my hair in more alternative styles but can’t anymore because I work for a conservative company. My husband are planning to go backpacking in New Zealand some day.

Tiny: I agree about feeling the cold more in the winter after losing some weight. My husband keeps telling me to eat and I won’t be cold. Sigh. Good luck with your goals. It is very difficult to lose weight while in school. I know. A PhD is very impressive. When do we get to call you Dr. Tinycities?

Katylil: I can’t wait to buy things in a M. I’ve been L and XL for so long. I got such a high off of my size 10 jeans. How much longer will you be in school? Are you going to stay in West Sussex or do you plan on relocating somewhere afterwards? I have no idea what the industry is like for that in West Sussex.

Nessa: I’m not sure what I am going to do about the holidays. I like baking. Cookies and bread are my downfall. I know if I make it, I will eat it, but my husband is begging for me to cook and I have to take stuff to various holiday parties. We just have to stay strong! I got your back!

Fit4Life: Congrats on getting close to finishing your bachelors. Law school is definitely going to be hard and time consuming too. Are you planning on working full-time then too? You defiantly have a lot on your plan, but if you stay on plan for a year, I’m sure you’ll lose weight and meet your goals. Is there a particular law school that you want to go to?

Rtsmme4life: What you’re your boys going to be for Halloween this year? Are you going to dress up too? Halloween candy is evil. I’ve already bought it for the tricker-treaters twice. Yeah, none left. I’m not buying anymore until the day of Halloween!

Fatmac: Isn’t it so amazing the assumption that people make about size and health, yet you run into many people that are skinny but have such poor fitness! You rock!

Zanhelt: I am also a big nerd. I LOVE star trek, buffy, firefly, battlestar, etc. and fanfiction. I’m not a gamer. I think I would have a problem if I let myself buy games.

Jessie: I think all of us are going to have a hiccups during this challenge. Way too many events all at the same time! Congrats on your final year of residency. Residency is brutal. What are your plans for afterwards?

Smisen: That sounds like the most fun job ever! Gaining weight isn’t fun, but I’m sure you get all sorts of treats and food to take home at Christmas time for your family. What makes you describe your cats at b***y? I love cats.

Laura: I think that is amazing that you foster Weimaraners. I love them. I used to foster parrots. It is so unbelievable how people treat their pets and abandon the commitments that they made. So many people should not be allowed to have pets or children. I assume you try to find homes for them after you have re-socialized them? At least you get exercise playing with and walking them!

katy trail
10-25-2010, 01:30 AM
leopard spots- it's a pretty short move. if we move to spanish lake, it's only 30 min. from where we are now. not sure if that will work out, but if it does, dh's commute will be much shorter. he spends almost an hour driving one way now. that's without traffic lol. plus we'll be closer to family, i like his side of the family, so that's a good thing. a bit of a transition for our kids(3) though. it's changing from IL to MO schools. still alot of unknowns. so fun to do tours of the houses!

rainbowstripe
10-25-2010, 02:24 AM
IslandVet Funnily enough I've never been hugely into cheesecake - it's just not something I've had a lot of in my life I guess. I kind of planned for the dinner since it was a belated celebration for my birthday, but I went overboard for some reason really unbeknownst to me! I have definitely learnt the lesson though!
I hope your Thanksgiving day is good!

leopardspots Thanks for the hair compliment! That photo was actually right after I got it cut and coloured 6 weeks ago and the hairdresser wanted to put those loose curls in so I told her to go ahead. My hair is naturally kind of curly anyway, but I usually straighten it! I just had it done again last Wednesday and the colour is much much brighter haha...very red. Luckily I only work part-time retail as I'm an artist as well, so I guess I can kind of get away with less-than-normal colours.

carlyjordan I did the same thing with alcohol when I first got into my new lifestyle back in July. I've slowly started adding in alcohol sometimes and definitely planning it into my calories! I don't "binge" like I used to, binge-drinking is definitely a problem in New Zealand - EVERYONE seems to be getting drunk every night of the weekend, a lot of my friends do. I think it's totally fine to avoid the alcohol until you're ready to bring it back in in a controlled way! And I've learnt to have good snacks on hand in case I feel that alcohol related hunger.

armywife88
10-25-2010, 04:14 AM

Most Recent NSV: Completing a 4 hour bike ride/ hike up to Lake Eibsee

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I would love to get below 200

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Remain on plan (WW) and work out at least 3 times a week

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: We just got deployment notification for DH so not stress eating during this time will be a big challenge.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:Nothing that I can think of right now.

Kismet89
10-25-2010, 08:21 AM
My goodness, I'm going to have to check this thread frequently if I want to keep up. Nothing too exciting going on with me. I did WI yesterday, though. Yay for not forgetting! I'm so excited about this challenge and I am one of the many who had to immediately add the banner to her signature.

armywife88, good luck with your upcoming challenge. We recently found out that my brother will be deploying (he's only been in a few months!) and I was about beside myself. Stress triggers eating for me too.

Carly, good for you! I quit drinking years ago when I was 21 (strange, right, since I'm only 26) but it was becoming too frequent of a habit for me. I lived and still live in a college town and alcohol is everywhere.

leopardspots, love the banner!

Rtsmme4life
10-25-2010, 09:03 AM
leopard- My oldest (6) is going to be Batman and my other little man (4) is going to be Ironman. I am dressing up as batgirl which is making my big boy happy :) My DH is going as the scream guy....hope it doesn't terrify the kids LOL

smisen
10-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Leopardspots - Haha, yeah - it is a fun job. Even if it makes it hard to stay on the weight loss bandwagon sometimes :) As for the cats, lately, they've been having issues when my husband and I are on different floors of our townhouse at the same time (like if I'm asleep upstairs and he's downstairs watching TV). Which is a problem, since I work days and he works nights... I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but they've been banging on the bedroom door, opening and slamming cupboards - basically being b****y cats :)

Okay - the last of the birthday cheesecake has been cleared out of the house, and I have a healthy lunch and snacks packed for work today. I just have to keep reminding myself - I've done this before. I've already lost some weight, and even if I've taken a year off since then, I still know how to do it. I know what I need to eat, and I know how active I need to be, so I just need to get off my butt and do it!

stephandra
10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the banner leopard spots!! I actually just moved up to Northern Michigan from the Mount Pleasant area, I'm in Petoskey now and I love it! It's beautiful up here, but I am curious how big of a difference the winters will be, heard it's just piles upon piles of snow :)
As far as my date went...wow! Couldn't have gone better. We went to a concert that was 2 hours away and the whole ride there and back we were really comfortable with each others and laughing and joking...things were going really well and during the show I got really excited because they started playing my favorite song and he leaned down and kissed me! It was perfect, I still have butterflies...ahhhh :D
So that couldn't have kicked my motivation levels any higher, I'm ready to look goooooood!

smisen
10-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Okay, so this isn't going to be as easy as I thought... I'm one hour into work and I've already had one co-worker email me to tell me she brought in homemade pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling and another ask me if I'm in for the 2:30 frozen custard run!

Praying to every known deity for strength right now... :)

rainbowstripe
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey all! I'm over my over-eating from Sunday. It happened, I learnt a lesson, I felt horrible but the damage probably isn't all that bad. Since I'd had a few lower calorie days that week anyway and lowered them yesterday as well, it probably just evened things out! I think I need to learn not to stress so much!

Today is Tuesday, work and then my 2nd Zumba class! I went last week and enjoyed it quite a lot, 1 hour of fun dancing and quite a lot of sweat! I definitely need it since I haven't exercised since Friday! I think my weight is still heading down which is great!

Kismet89
10-25-2010, 09:47 PM
stephandra, be still my heart! That sounds so romantic. I always loved that flutter! What concert did you guys see?

smisen, how'd you do today?

rainbowstripe, way to get back on track! I'm dying to try Zumba. There are quite a few classes in my area. I love to dance, so I may just have to take the leap!

I did Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K today. I'm a former runner and this seemed to be a great way to ease back into it while losing weight. I'm ready to be a runner again...just formerly fat.

rainbowstripe
10-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Kismet Thanks! You should definitely try Zumba if you have a class near you! I was just waiting for one that was convenient for me and luckily this really nice girl around my age had just moved here from America and she started up a class with the first session last week and it's like..1 minute walk from my work, so I just get changed at work and go there! How did you like C25K so far? My boyfriend keeps suggesting to me that I do it, but I'm just not sure how I'll deal with the structure, that and I really like to mix my workouts around so don't want to be stuck having to do something particular on one day if that makes sense.

Jelbellesmommy
10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Wow I'm never gonna be able to keep up with this thread!!

Leopardspots: My family has a cabin on Cedar Lake in Oscoda..well actually its at the north end of the lake so its a Greenbush address...and i live only 11 miles from the Ohio border.....

Janel83
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Most Recent NSV: fitting into some tight 10s.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: i want to lose 30
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: getting serious with my wii fit wkout plans, running 5k every other day, lower calorie intake and spin class twice a week
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Thanksgiving and dating with hubby...we go out alot
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: not really!! Im really excited to be starting this challenge with you chicas!!!

katylil
10-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Woah! Definitely going to have to keep a strict eye on this chat if I want to keep up! Brilliant times :)

I just weighed in: 147.7lbs!!! Woohoo! :D

I had a pretty OK weekend in the end actually. WW meals, light version sandwiches from the supermarket. I only had one drink on Saturday night and a ham, light cheese and lettuce wrap when I got back instead of the burger and chips we usually get. I did splurge on my pub lunch on Sunday but I think I'm allowed a little treat now and then anyway so not bothered :)

So yay for the -2.3lbs! :)

Janel: that is serious amounts of workout! what's the spin class like? :) I've heard they're really good for burning massive amounts of calories but I've never actually been to one...

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

tinycities
10-26-2010, 06:51 AM
katylil - mm, pub lunch! And well done with your loss! I totally agree with your philosophy on treats :) I eat really well most of the time, don't have any "banned" foods, so if I feel like treating myself once in a while, I do, and I thoroughly enjoy it!

I've been stuck on my current weight for the past week and a bit, scale hasn't budged at all! I think I'm due a big "whoosh" downwards soon! Having said that, over the past month or so, I really haven't felt at all like I'm trying to "diet" or anything like that. So when I don't see a loss, it's not really frustrating, because I know I'm eating really well, I don't feel deprived, and I know the weight will come off in the end :) I'm just so keen to drop a few pounds because I'm only 2/3 away from "normal" BMI!

Kismet89
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
rainbowstripe, I think that since the C25K days are only about 30 min long, 3x a week you might be able to mix it in with whatever else you like to do. I've never done this particular program before, but my 50 year old mother completed it and now she's running 4+ miles a day! But then again, she's pretty much a badass.

tinycities, congratulations on being so close to "normal"!

smisen
10-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Kismet89 - Oh my gosh, I made it! It's been a long time since I've actually stuck to my eating plan at work and it felt great. Granted, part of the reason I wanted to be good at work was that my dinner club meets on Mondays and I knew I'd be eating more there, so I doubt I'm actually within my calorie goals, but I'll take it! Congrats on the C25K!

Rainbowstrip - I love Zumba! The dance studio where I take class recently started offering it - what a workout!!!

Today will probably be a little stressful for me - our 2011 budgets are due at work and we've got some major departmental issues to work through before those get cleared up :( But, I have two dance classes to look forward to tonight, so hopefully I can focus on that and stay on track!

katy trail
10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
smisen, have you thought about writing on your blog again?

JessieCat
10-26-2010, 01:35 PM
wow! Sorry I haven't been on here. My BF was visiting from Philly and just left. He is super supportive and ever since Sunday, I have been OP. He and I even worked out together last night which was awesome!
Today I am so busy.. i have class tonight and a zumba class at 7:40 that I am considering going to. We will see how I feel later. My first challenge is down (BF visiting). Halloween weekend my parents are visiting and that will not be as successful. We always go to a farm that has pies and donuts and yumminess.. not to mention all our meals out. I am just hoping for a maintain this weekend... ugh.... so nervous but excited for them to come... any tips????

leopardspots- looove the banner! thanks for doing it!

smisen- so glad to hear you resisted temptation. I swear every time I decide to be OP, there is double the temptation. I don't get it!:?:

tinycities- glad to hear you are close to a normal BMI. Keep it up!

kismet- rainbowstripe is right! I loooove Zumba. It is the only exercise class I look forward to. It is so much fun I just love it!

stephandra- I am so excited your date went well. that sounds like so much fun!

rtsmme4life- those costumes sound so cute!

Janel83
10-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Janel: that is serious amounts of workout! what's the spin class like? :) I've heard they're really good for burning massive amounts of calories but I've never actually been to one...

Hope everyone had a good weekend![/QUOTE]

Spin Class is very intense! its an hr long workout. The seats on the bike hurt but its so worth it. the instructor takes you through a series of cycles. they normally change the incline and make u faster, then slow down. the music is great too!

rainbowstripe
10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
kismet Maybe I'll actually have to look into it then! I need to push myself with the exercise, it's where I'm definitely struggling.

smisen I really enjoy it! I'm definitely not as coordinated as I'd like - last night I nearly tripped over my feet, but I think I was a bit tired going into it. I love that I actually sweat though, it feels like I'm getting a good workout and I feel it today in my hips and stuff! Hope you don't get too stressed today!

JessieCat Well done on getting through your first challenge of your boyfriend coming for the weekend! That's awesome that he's supportive. As for the Halloween weekend, I think aiming to maintain is a great idea - if it were me, I know I'd want to taste some of those good things - so that is what I'd plan to do - just TASTE, heh. Not eat a whole piece of pie or whatever, but just have a taste of the things that I really want to try. Good luck!

I took some progress photos so far but they are the worst photos ever. I merged together some from 2008 to now to try and see a difference, and basically all I see is a slimmer face and a better haircut haha. They're in the 20-somethings photo thread, but I'm considering actually deleting the post because it makes me feel terrible. I don't think I look that bad everyday, it's weird. I dunno. I feel like with the amount I've lost I should see more differences in my body, could just be a bad photo I took last night!

Going to use this challenge to try to see some differences!!

smisen
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
katy trail - Which blog? The one linked in my signature isn't mine (just a post that I find really inspiring). I have a 3FC one as well, but that's been woefully neglected lately :)

JessieCat - How cool that your BF is on board with helping you succeed! It definitely helps to have support from the people you care about.

Rainbowstripe - I saw the pictures you're talking about, and you definitely shouldn't feel terrible! You can definitely see a difference between them, and I bet if you took another picture in better lighting and from a more flattering camera angle, you'd see a big difference too!

So today was definitely as stressful as I imagined it would be, but I'm trying to keep everything in perspective. I am not my job, and the way I feel at work doesn't have to define how I feel overall or how I live my life. I did have a little extra trail mix that I wasn't planning on, but I was able to keep my calories between 1,700-1,800, plus I got in two dance classes tonight. Those always make me feel better :)

katy trail
10-27-2010, 12:06 AM
yea, i meant the blog in your sig. i agree it's inspiring. i really hadn't thought much about traveling, but that post makes it sound so interesting.

katy trail
10-27-2010, 01:32 AM
how has everyone been doing so far?
my exercise and portion control are both lacking. i'm promising myself i will do at least a little exercise before bed, and a great w/o in the morning. i've also been having trouble getting up in time to get the kids ready for school. 2 mornings in a row i woke up with just enough time for them to brush teeth, get dressed, and get out to the bus. so tonight i've GOT to get some sleep. i have an alarm, obviously, but i'm a very heavy sleeper. if i'm really tired i didn't even here babies crying. i hear nothing, or it's a dream. generally though, it's a blessing. and my kids sleep like rocks too lol.

rainbowstripe
10-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Hey ladies!

smisen Thank you. I actually was going to take another tonight from a better angle to compare with some I took back in July when I started in my workout clothes - but clever me deleted the original photos from July. I'm just going to stop worrying about photos and take notice of the differences I (and my family/friends) can see in me! Way to go on not getting too stressed at work!

katy trail I'm doing ok so far! I'm a calorie counter - I'm always really good at keeping calories in check but exercise is my challenge!

~
I just beat my treadmill jogging record! Last time I did 20 minutes nonstop jogging at 7km/hr, this time I did 30 minutes at 7km/hr! I feel pretty awesome! I love that I'm so sweaty haha!!
I hope I have the motivation to give it another go tomorrow. I got in a few hours in my painting studio today and I'm happy with one of the things I started working on and pretty much hate the other haha.

Hope everyone else is good!

smisen
10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
katy trail - Yeah, Sarah Von (writer of Yes and Yes) is one of my inspirations - I'd love to travel like that at some point!

rainbowstripe - Congrats on the workout! What a great achievement :)

tinycities
10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey all! Good to see so many people chatting :) Thank you for the comments re: normal BMI - so close, but yet so far! :lol:

I was a little bit naughty last night. I went to do my grocery shopping, and I offered to take a friend with me, as she doesn't have a car and finds shopping quite awkward sometimes. Because of this, my shopping, followed by giving her a lift home aftewards, took a lot longer, and I wasn't back home until much later than I planned.

I'd planned really nice meals for the next seven days, but they were all nice hearty one-pot dishes which need leaving to simmer for hours on the hob, and I was starving and it was just too late to start cooking when I got in. So I decided to treat myself and my boyfriend to dinner from the chippy! We both ate a large battered sausage, a portion of chips, and some buttered bread. It was absolutely declicious and not something I've had in a while!

Having said that, we both felt that later in the evening, our stomachs felt quite uncomfortable, and it felt like they were struggling to digest all of the grease from the food! It wasn't really bad or anything, but it was actually quite satisfying to know that I usually eat so well that when I feed my body very fatty food, it objects! I don't regret our chippy dinner at all and given the choice I would have it again - I feel so happy and pleased that I no longer have the "all or nothing" mentality with regards to eating well! I'm also so pleased to have absoltuely zero guilt and total and utter enjoyment of these sorts of "splurges", because I know full well I eat really well the majority of the time, which to me, is what counts. I think before, I would have felt "derailed" by something like this, but to me, this is just all part of a normal, permanent lifestyle change - one in which I can, and will, choose to eat things that are bad for me from time to time. I love it :D

I went for a lovely run this morning too. I'm almost at the end of the C25K programme, so it was a 28-minute run. I run by the sea, and this morning, the lovely, low autumn sunlight on the water was absolutely beautiful... so relaxing!

rainbowstripe - that's brilliant about your jogging, how satisfying! I really want to try and build my speed up too. At the moment, my running is SLOW! Haha.

katy trail - I totally understand what you're saying about the portion control thing. I think when I was at my heaviest, that's the thing I struggled with the most! Even now, I have to be quite mindful of the fact that I like eating large potions of things, so I always try to weigh stuff out and stick to that.

smisen - what sort of dancing do you do? Sounds fun! :)

JessieCat - good luck with the food this weekend! I totally agree with what rainbowstripe recommended. For me, if I banned myself from eating any of the nice food, I'd feel quite deprived and annoyed about the whole thing, and then if I ate a little bit, I'd feel like I'd "failed" anyway and so nothing would stop me devouring masses of food. I think it's way better to eat a little bit of what you fancy, but leave it at that! Another thing that might work (although I don't know how practical this will be if you don't know what food will be on offer) is to try and plan as much as possible. For instance, look up nutritional information in advance, and then plan to have say, one doughnut, one small piece of pie, and so on. The other thing you could do is just leave more of your calorie budget for that celebration. So if you know you're going to be eating more later in the day, have a smaller breakfast and lunch! Good luck :)

fatmac
10-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh wow, this thread moves fast!

I've been doing okay this week. Had a mini-binge on Monday (but it was all on-plan foods, except for the sangria, and now it's done). The scale is moving ever.so.slowly, but I guess that can be expected after the crazy binge-y month I had!

I'm so recommitted it's not even funny. I saw pictures (on facebook, of course), of a dear friend of mine from high school who has lost quite a bit of weight and looks GORGEOUS! I will see her in December and want to look gorgeous too!

stephandra
10-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey everybody! Glad to hear that we all are doing so well :) All that I can think about is the first weigh-in, I am so happy I signed up because I never realized how motivated I would be to lose! I am terrified of letting the team down I think!
This week has been going well as far as my eating goes. I've been a little under my calorie goal the last two days, I think I need to plan a little better...don't wanna go too low. I have been really proud of myself for getting my 64 oz of water every day though. I ALREADY feel better!
The downfall of the week is I haven't had much time to exercise, I really need to dedicate myself to something and stick it out...I've just been walking 2 miles every day with my dog but I need something more. If anyone has a favorite workout dvd, recommendations are more than welcome.
Have a great day team storm :)

katy trail
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM
cathe friedrich all the way. by far my fav. dvd instructor. she has downloads available too, which makes the workouts more affordable. all the downloads are on sale now. 40 or more w/o to choose from. i love kick boxing, HiiT, boot camp, and some of her weight lifting workouts.

smisen
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM
tinycities - Tuesday nights are striptease and bellydance (haha, my sexy night! :) ). I also do hip hop, Zumba and contemporary, depending on the day. I have an unlimited pass to a local dance studio that does drop in classes, and I LOVE it!

fatmac - Mmmmm... sangria... :) Good for you for sticking with on-plan foods and getting back on track after your mini-binge!

Stephandra - 30 Day Shred is popular, and it's a really, really good workout (I just hate it because it makes me so sore!). I'm excited for the first weigh in too :)

JessieCat
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey! Thanks so much for the tips regarding this weekend. I did make it to zumba last night but that was because I felt so bad for going off plan during the day. But miraculously the scale went down today (i WI everyday!) That scale has a mind of its own I swear. I don't get it!!!!

smisen- how do you like the striptease class? I wanted to take one but they are expensive here!

stephandra- good luck with trying to fit in exercise! WTG with the water intake! That is so important I can't believe it! I like 30DS

fatmac- i love the quote of you are so committed it is not even funny. I like the enthusiasm!! haha! Sometimes you need a little sangria! haha

tincities- the run sounds awesome! i love a good run outside during nice weather.

rainbowstripe- yay for breaking the treadmill record!

Janel- i love spinning too. But my bum is sore for the whole next day after. I love the way I feel after class but OMG that are sooo hard!

OK here's hoping I can stay OP the rest of the day and go to my zumba class tonight.
Good luck Team Storm!!!

rainbowstripe
10-27-2010, 06:46 PM
smisen Thanks!

tinycities Isn't it weird how our bodies get used to eating healthier foods? I find it so crazy that I used to eat junk like that regularly and not feel like crap - or maybe I did and that was just normal to feel like that after eating? I love feeling good! It's addictive! My running is pretty slow too...at least I think 7km/hr is slow...but I'm working on endurance before I try to up the speed!

fatmac That's awesome that you've recommitted and have some awesome new drive and inspiration!

stephandra I like Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs. I feel like Turbo Jam is more of an intense workout, but that being said I haven't done either in a while. I'm thinking about 30DayShred as well but I'm a little scared of it! Well done on the water intake!

JessieCat Yay you for getting to Zumba and awesome stuff with the scale moving!

~
So today I'm feeling EXTRA tired. Not sure why, could be a combination of my treadmill achievement last night and the fact that TOM is coming tomorrow. I am not looking forward to WI, as I don't think I will see any loss from last week, but that seems to be how I roll these days unfortunately. I get a loss every couple of weeks and then stay steady for a week or two. It's really frustrating! We'll see though, maybe I'll be surprised.

I was planning on going on my treadmill and then heading to my studio to do some painting but my sleepiness is making me want to just relax. I still want to go on the treadmill but leaving the house to go to my studio seems like too much effort haha, especially when I still don't know what I am painting!

Hope you ladies are good!

fatmac
10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I tried zumba once - I wish I liked it. A good friend of mine is obsessed with it, but dancing just isn't my thing. Spinning on the other hand... :)

And, your butt gets used to it! I promise! If I take a few weeks off I get sore too, but it's really not bad if you do it a couple of days in a row.

Nessa411
10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
leopardspots: lol my husband does the same. If I go a few days w/o baking something he complains. I actually try to find things I kno he'll love but I'll hate so that way I won't cheat and eat any. Goodluck to you too, I know how hard it is and I have your back too :D

Good morning everyone, I'm actually suppose to be getting ready to head to the gym. I've been every day this week so far, I did a low impact class on mon, pilates (which absolutly kicked my butt !!) tues-a new class I tried and was great!, then low-impact class yesterday and today I'm trying a pilates/ball class. I'm super sore, which is great cause I kno it's working!! Normally I do three classes a week and two days out of the week i work out on my own on the treadmill and weights. But I was feeling lazy this week, so I stuck to classes and tried some new ones cause you can't slack in these classes or they will call you out :D.
I guess I have to get on more often this thread is moving faster then the last bl, It's hard to keep up w/ every1! I hope every one is having a great week, I get weighed and measured tomorrow so I'm super nervous. Ready for the weekend to get here :D

katy trail
10-28-2010, 06:58 PM
i think more chatting is a really good thing. if i'm not posting it's a sure sign my head is in the sand.

JessieCat
10-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey Team!
rainbowstripe- I also get tired with it's my TOM! I hope that you have a loss this time. I totally get the frustration. That scale does not do what I think it should!!

Nessa- I have been curious about pilates but I dont' know much about it. Do you lose weight with it or is it more just toning?

I am so nervous that I will blow my diet this weekend with my parents visiting.
leopardspots- I am going to post my WI tomorrow because it is harder to WI when my parents are here. I won't be on the boards til monday but good luck this weekend Team!

katy trail
10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
good luck jessiecat!

rainbow stripe, maybe you need more iron? i've heard we often need more iron after/during tom.

Nessa411
10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
JessieCat- the pilates at my gym has cardio and toning/ sculpting body workouts. We do cardio w/ the ball and then do the toning workouts on the ball too. ( for the class today. Tues pilates class we used stretch bands and pull cord things and the ball-she mixes up the classes through the week :D ) It was an intense work out today!! Everything was hurting me still from tues pilates class, and now I'm not sure if I'll b able to move tomorrow. lol, seriously tho I love it, If I can feel it, I kno it's working. It was very different from the low-impact class that has a ton of cardio and weights. I'd try it, I wish I'd tried it months ago :D

So..I get weighed and measured. I think looking in the mirror I've lost some inches, here's to hoping right?? I hate really healthy for dinner tonight, I'm loving all the new recipes I'm trying and I feel so much better after I eat healthy. And I really feel like I have more energy now. So, I'll post tomorrow how the measurments and weight went. Hope every1 has a great night!

rainbowstripe
10-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Nessa Well done on keeping motivated and going to the gym! I think classes are a great way to get in exercise and be motivated since you know you've got other people there doing it to - although I only just started my first class (Zumba) two weeks ago and don't belong to a gym - it's definitely more motivational if you have other people exercising. Also awesome on the healthy recipes - where do you get them from? I'm always on the lookout for tasty healthy recipes.

JessieCat I have had a loss! Heh. Well. The TOM only started this morning (Friday) but I also have had a loss since Wed, and I'm hoping for a little more to be gone by WI on Sunday! Best of luck for the weekend with your parents visiting - just try to make good choices for you!

katy trail You might actually be right about the iron. I've been mildly anaemic (not sure on that spelling) in the past so it could be true that I'm not getting enough iron at the moment, and the period is definitely going to affect that I guess!

~I'm down a little again today! I just started TOM so we'll see if it sticks, but ideally I'd like to see another little drop come weigh-in on Sunday! I feel great after my newly acquired taste for jogging and beating my own goals I'm setting. After my last treadmill achievement of 30 minutes nonstop jogging at 7km/hr, the next day I did 35 minutes! It was definitely harder to keep going those last 2-3 minutes but I did it and I feel awesome. Today I just did some stationary bike, needed to give myself a little bit of less intense exercise for a break!
I bought a Halloween costume off a website called Trademe we have here in NZ, kind of like ebay. I picked it up today. Total impulse buy as I have no plans for Halloween haha! But it was cute and I want to wear it so I'll have to find something to do!
Hope everyone has had a good first week of the challenge!

smisen
10-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Okay, crunch time, y'all...

Tomorrow, we're having a potluck at work for Halloween, with a taco bar and about a hundred different kinds of pumpkin desserts. Ordinarily, I'd be fine with splurging once in awhile, but I have family in town this weekend, so I'm sure there's going to be plenty of other temptations to deal with.

Here's my game plan:

-Two soft tacos with meat, salsa, lettuce and guacamole (no cheese or sour cream)
-One serving of veggies
-One scoop of taco dip with a few chips
-One small piece of pumpkin cheesecake

So yeah, it's not exactly a healthy meal, but it is moderation compared to what I've eaten at past company buffets. I'm going to check in here right after lunch tomorrow, hopefully with good news about how well I did!

fatmac
10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Good morning!

I'm doing really well. I'm so proud of myself! I do plan to have a couple of glasses of wine tonight, and am drinking tomorrow night, so here's to hoping that I can stick to my food plan and the alcohol doesn't derail me too much. I'm really liking being back in the 160's!

katy trail
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
rainbow or anyone needing more iron,
it's a good idea to combine foods with iron and foods with vitamin C

Iron: oatmeal, cream of wheat, any kind of beans/lentils, greens- spinach, collard greens, kale, lean beef, although i'm not sure how much it has. some fruit has iron- raisins, dried plums/prunes.

Vitamin C- berries, tomatoes, citrus, kiwi has a ton, many many fruits and veggies.

ok so you want to think of iron and vitamin C like best friends. they C helps iron absorb. But calcium, such as milk in your cereal/oatmeal doesn't help the iron absorb. so it could help to eat calcium at a different meal than the iron meal. i get a bit confused about the calcium and iron too, so it's a good idea to do some reading on it.

sometimes anemia is better when we just cut back on milk/dairy. Like if you drink ALOT of milk. more than 3 cups a day. some kids do that too, then it's hard for them to absorb the other nutrients in their food.

zanheltangia
10-29-2010, 02:44 PM
"Iron deficiency anemia is the most common form of anemia. About 20% of women, 50% of pregnant women, and 3% of men are iron deficient."

I'm working on not being one of the above women ;). That reminds me, I need to get my iron-level blood test done asap. Getting more iron in my diet alone won't get me back up into a normal range unfortunately, and my prescription of iron pills have run out. Ooops...

The fatigue suuuuuuuucks! So, I vote for getting tested if you've been anemic in the past, Rainbow.

rainbowstripe
10-29-2010, 07:21 PM
katy trailI used to drink a lot of milk, but that was before I was calorie counting. And by a lot I'd say maybe I drank 2-3 glasses a day, but not every day. So maybe not actually a lot, but more than I do now. Now it's basically 100ml with my cereal most mornings, sometimes a bit in a coffee or tea, and very occasionally a glass of 200ml.

zanheltangia Eep. Tests. Hah. I'm having a bit of an I-dislike-my-doctor time at the moment. I need to get a new one, but in the meantime I'm kind of just avoiding it. I guess I should though. I'd kinda like to get some general tests done anyway to see if I'm "healthy".

~Had a dinner out sneak-sprung on me last night, I was not that happy. Luckily I think I managed to stay within my calories. I had 2 drinks, no entree (save a couple of fries from my boyfriend's plate) and half a pizza with pumpkin and lamb on it. Minimal cheese, it was a woodfired style pizza. Pretty good really. Thin crust. I think I did ok. I didn't feel like I'd eaten too much at all, so I think that's a good thing.

The weather all of a sudden turned to crap! We've been having beautiful spring/almost summer type weather for the past 7 days and now that the weekend has arrived - well it's raining out the window. I'm supposed to be thinking of something fun for my boyfriend and I to do when he gets back from his bicycle swap meet thing in a couple of hours. I can't think of anything. This weather really brought my mood down!

IslandVet
10-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing really awesome! Sorry I haven't been very present on the thread this week. Things have been crazy around here. In addition to school, I've been on emergency shift at the animal hospital at night, so it's been go, go, go with very little sleep and time to post. I've been sticking to plan (for the most part!!) and have managed to lose a little weight :) I know it's crazy early for weigh in, but I went ahead and posted today's weight. The name "team storm" has taken on new meaning as I am preparing for a storm of my own. With less than a 24 hour warning Tropical Storm Tomas is due to crash into our tiny island tomorrow morning and there is a very good chance I may lose power/internet for an undetermined amount of time. I'm afraid if I don't post now, I may miss weigh in. Keep up the good work everyone and I will check in when I am able!

smisen
10-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, today had its ups and downs. I went into my work potluck with a clear plan, and for the most part, I stuck to it. I did add a few extra small dessert items I wasn't planning on, but I skipped my afternoon snack and had a salad for dinner to compensate. Overall, I'm sure I'm way higher on calories and sodium than I want to be, but it wasn't as bad as I've been in the past, and I know I'll be better tomorrow!

It definitely helps to know we've got a first weigh in coming up - I definitely want to see a smaller number there!

katy trail
10-30-2010, 10:36 AM
well, i finally got a w/o in last night. it was short. just a few basic moves with weights to work the upper and lower body. today i need some intense cardio. anytime i'm slacking in the exercise dept. there's just no reason for it. i don't have a job. my kids are at school all week. if i'm not getting it done, it's bc i'm screwing around. and i was all week. just way to much just reading/posting on this and another forum. sometimes i have to get the w/o done, then read forums. the time always passes so fast! i don't judge anyone else when they don't get their w/o in. most people are crazy busy. i am not. don't be afraid to call me out! that's why i'm in this challege. keep my butt in gear even when i want to be lazy. at least now, this isn't turning into a month or a whole season of not exercising. so! a new day! let's all hide the candy in freezer. and i'll stay away from the Kit Kat! we've got a weigh in tomorrow. got to get in gear :)

Nessa411
10-30-2010, 01:20 PM
rainbowstripe- I have a ton of recipe books, and I google some from all-recipes.com. I always change the original recipes tho, to make them healthier if possible and kind of make them my own. I love cooking!! Let me kno if you want me to e-mail you some, I have a great tilapia recipe and some other ones.

So, have lots to do today :D just wanted to check in and see how things were going, hope everyone has a great weekend!

fatmac
10-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Had a rough night last night... and am going to be drinking tonight, but hopefully that doesn't cost me too much on the scale.

Happy Halloween!

rainbowstripe
10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
IslandVet Hope the storm isn't too bad!

smisen I think you did well! That is pretty good control!

katy trail Good job on the workout!

Nessa That's cool that you adapt the recipes to make them healthier!

fatmac Hope the drinking doesn't affect the scale too much - for me as well, I had a few last night!

Had a higher calorie day than I meant to yesterday but I'll have a lower calorie day today to make up for it. Not too low of course, but just a little lower than usual. I made my Halloween goal today, on the day haha! I'm going to go post my weight in the weigh-in post now because it's Sunday here for me!
Hope everyone is having good weekends!

katy trail
10-31-2010, 10:49 AM
no change on the scale for me. Considering i hardly got any exercise this week, i'm used to exercising almost everyday, that's not so bad. i could have easily gained. onward and downward! let's have a big loss next week!

also, so far i've been successful saying no to the candy, although we only have 1 kind right now. knowing i have to tell you guys i ate the candy is such a great motivator! i want to say i didn't eat any all week! and remember, once you have a little it's hard to stop!

IslandVet
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
The hurricane turned a bit and ended up farther to the north. We only got the southern edge of it...so power is on today and I can update. Don't forget to weigh in today ladies! :)

fatmac
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
I am so ready to have a good, clean week. No alcohol, on plan with the food and exercise.

smisen
10-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Yesterday and this morning wound up higher in calories than I intended, but I've had family in town and my husband and I always tend to go a little overboard when we cook for them. Plus, this morning, we went and snagged their hotel's continental breakfast before they left, so you know that wasn't healthy! I hoping that all the dancing I did last night counteracts at least some of those calories...

But, overall, I'm pretty happy with my weigh in. I saw 177 when I peeked at the scale midweek, so I'm hoping to get back there (and past it!) this week. Now that my family's gone home, it's back to good, clean eating and exercising for me this week!

JasonsLea
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
:wave: everyone! So sorry for the late intro, I'm a fulltime college student and school is flipping HECTIC! Add on to that, I have to find an apartment and move this week plus TOM is here, I'm feeling quite batty right now. :bat:

*Name: Shari
*Most Recent NSV: didn't binge after I had a fight with my landlord
*Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: haven't decided
*Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: continue not to binge and walking
*Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: hmmm, probably the Christmas season cause I'm going home to see the family
*Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: my brain is so fried right now! But anything you wanna know, just ask.

rainbowstripe
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey ladies!
Hope everyone has weighed in! I ended up having my lower calorie day yesterday to make up for Saturday, however the calories weren't from the best place haha - there were definitely a few hundred calories in there from chocolate - but it wasn't unplanned chocolate snacking, I totally planned to eat that chocolate.
November is here and I'm ready to make it count! I'd love to see some more noticeable change in my body by the time Christmas rolls around, and with summer about to begin here, I'm looking forward to hopefully being more confident in summery clothes! The photo taken of me on Saturday night at the Halloween event I went to has me feeling really good about myself (the photo is the in the 20somethings photo thread if anyone wants to see), as does the fact I had a decent loss this week!
Here's to making week 2 of this challenge awesome!

stephandra
10-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Cheated a little bit yesterday...eek...chocolate muffin and later on, beer. Damn Halloween. This week will be cheat free!

JessieCat
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey Team!
Just read the thread since I posted on friday. Seems like there were some struggles with Halloween and visiting family but all in all I think we did great!

As far as my parents visiting, well it was so amazing to have them but I did eat a lot. Fri night was great in terms of calories. I finished the day under what I thought it would be. Sat was ok and Sun was the worst day of all. I ate pretty terribly yesterday. But you know what, it was a treat weekend, I needed it!

Today is the 1st and a monday so I will just go back to the plan. So as far as being successful with my diet-derailing challenges go, I am 1 for 2 (did great when my BF visited last weekend but not so great with my parents). My next challenge is in a weekend and a half when I have to go to Toronto for a conference.

Something I found interesting.. I read that the typical woman gains 7 lbs from Halloween to New Years. Let's not be one of those women team!

Also, I just want to say thanks for being so motivating so far Team!!! I was seriously contemplating continuing my poor eating habits today and not exercising (there are quite a bit of leftover naughty foods in my apartment from my parents and it is easier to just eat everything today so it is gone.. what terrible thinking but that is what I would typically do!:dizzy:) Anyway, since I am part of this team and in this challenge, I am really going to try my best to stick to a healthy eating plan today and go to zumba tonight even though I am so exhausted and it would be so much easier to just finish off the bag of m&m's and all the fattening foods in my fridge!

I leave for Toronto in 10 days and plan to check in everyday to be accountable until then. I plan to work out every day I can and stick to my diet plan. Sorry this post is so long!

stephandra- We need a little treat for Halloween. Don't fret!

JasonsLea- Nice to meet you. Good luck with the move!

smisen- I know what you mean when family visits. I always plan for higher calorie days and no time for work outs.

fatmac-I am right there with you with having a clean week. Since I am leaving for Toronto in 10 days I plan to just kill it with my diet and exercise.

IslandVet- glad the hurricane didn't get ya! How scary!

katy trail- WTG with the candy! That scale will budge next week!

rainbowstripe- congrats on meeting your halloween goal! That is a great motivator!:carrot:

rainbowstripe
11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
JessieCat Thanks! It feels pretty good! It's so awesome that you've taken the not-so-to-plan weekend in your stride and are getting back to your healthy ways today! I hope you did get to Zumba and get a good workout! Maybe you could get rid of some of the fattening foods you say you have in your fridge to avoid the temptation? My birthday was at the beginning of October and my boyfriend made me this huge, amazing cake in the shape of Totoro (a character from a Japanese animated film) and it weighed something like 22 pounds. Of course, even with friends over, there was no way we could eat that much cake so we ended up throwing out over half of it.

~Have started November off well! On plan with food and exercise so far - did a good jog/walk outside last night and felt good about myself (jogging is something I'm working on and enjoying). I jogged the furthest I have so far outdoors and it was up hills and everything. Out of the 2.8km route, I probably jogged 2km of it. I have Zumba after work tonight - I hope I can get through it, my leg muscles are sore from the jogging!

fatmac
11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Good morning!

Had a great day yesterday, have already been to the gym this morning, and am planning another great day today! Hope you have one too!

(I'm not always this happy and motivated, but all this morning exercise has put me in a good mood!)

rainbowstripe
11-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi ladies!

I woke up in a terrible mood this morning, and I'm really glad I'd already planned today as a "no exercise" day due to my muscle soreness from Monday's jogging and compounded by last night's Zumba class. The Zumba was actually really great again, I felt so energized afterwards! I wish that feeling had carried on to today - I'll keep my calories in check but I will not be doing much of anything at all. I'm feeling a little sensitive so I've come to my parent's house for the day/night rather than staying at my boyfriend's - think I just need some time to chill out alone!
Hope everyone is doing well!

JessieCat
11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey girls
Ugh so not having a good week. I was sick yesterday and today. I haven't worked out since last week and I have been eating terribly. i am in such a bad mood. At this point, if I have a maintain it will be a miracle. ugh! I will check back in later....:?:

katy trail
11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
i haven't been exercising or eating healthy enough, but i had a great day today :) we did several tours of houses we liked. we found one we are really excited about, trying to put an offer up for it. hopefully that goes well. love that house! spent more time with dh too. we don't spend much time together, he gets really busy working, and he works night shift so his sleep schedule is often opposite of me and the kids. much less stressful day than i've been having lately, so greatly appreciated :)

tomorrow is grocery day. great to have healthy food again, but many times having 'alot' of food in the house seemed to be a trigger. it's so easy to eat more than i should, without it being noticable, bc there's so much left. i've been doing really well in the last few months, although we are also getting less food since our food budget is tighter. so hopefully, i'll be flying through that temptation without a problem.

rainbowstripe
11-04-2010, 02:24 AM
JessieCat I hope you're feeling better soon! Just take care of yourself.

katy trail Woooo new house! That sounds pretty exciting! I hope you get what you're after! Good for you on getting to spend more time with your husband, I'm sure that's a really welcome change. Good luck on beating the temptation of food!

~I had a pretty good day today! It's only 6.30ish pm, but it's been good so far. I had a sleep in, had a good smoothie and then got to tidying up my room at my parents. I only spend one night, sometimes 2, per week at their house, but I was getting really down about the huge mess I'd made in my room. Clothes everywhere, dust, cobwebs...just an unorganized mess that was stressing me out. I tidied my clothes at my boyfriend's house yesterday, so thought it was time for some of the same at my parents. Well, I spent nearly 3 hours tidying up and moving some things around - real spring cleaning seeing as it's Spring here in New Zealand! Now I almost called that my workout and was done with it...but no! I had some lunch, after 4pm, so late! Then I waited an hour and got 26 minutes in on the treadmill! Yay. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner. I'm not that hungry but I have over half of my daily calories left to eat, and I don't want to skimp too badly on that, especially as I was pretty active today. Eating 630 calories (what I'm currently sitting on for the day) is just not acceptable for me, but I don't know what to do.

JessieCat
11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
rainbowstripe- i love getting organized! it puts me in a better mood plus motivates me to exercise and be productive in other ways. Yay for exercising.

katy trail- how exciting! good luck. i know what you mean about having a lot of food being a trigger.

well i am feeling better but still a little blah. The scale went up a lot and is going back down slowly. I hope I can get back to my WI weight from last week but I'm not sure. I am going to try to exercise every day until WI and try my best with my diet.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Janel83
11-04-2010, 11:33 PM
i havent worked out since mon!! :( people have been working my nerves all week!! UGH!!

rainbowstripe
11-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Come on ladies, we can do it! Week 2 WI only a few days away!

Personally I'm really hoping for a drop, though not entirely hopefully. I had a mini-gain midweek, now I'm back to my WI weight from Sunday again...if I'm going to lose, it usually shows up on the scale at the end of the week, but it's Friday here now and I saw no hint of loss..so we'll see how it goes in the next two days! I'm hoping I just have a really giant poop haha and that will make me lose! TMI, sorry!
I've been doing good with food and exercise so I am positive but still not too too hopeful!

smisen
11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Jessiecat - Take care of yourself! It's no fun being sick and trying to lose weight :(

Katy trail - Good luck on the house offer! My husband and I bought our first house in March - what an adventure :)

Rainbowstripe - I am so jealous that it's spring for you! Winter is definitely almost here - it rained ice chunks here yesterday for a little bit :( Good luck with the next few days!

Oh my gosh, ladies, I have been *soooooo* bad this week! I had a great weekend last weekend with family in town and Halloween parties and volunteer training, but I really overdid it and I've been struggling to get my energy back. And because of that, I feel like I've had no willpower when it comes to co-workers bringing in bags of their kid's Halloween candy or my husband wants to get pizza for dinner :(

I have no idea what the scale is going to do at this next weigh in, but I do have all of this weekend to be good. I don't have much planned, so I should be able to get back on track with exercise and eating. I'm going to try to be good today - hopefully all of the leftover candy will be gone from work!

fatmac
11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I've been better this week than last week, but still not great. I too am hoping that the good outweighs the bad and I have a loss! *crossed fingers*

JessieCat
11-05-2010, 01:04 PM
smisen- i totally know what you mean about Halloween eating! I ate not so great when my parents were here. Even though they left monday morning I continued poor eating habits mon and tues. Ugh not good! I am expecting a gain this week, but still below my starting weight.

rainbowstripe- fingers crossed for that pesky scale to show a loss!

Janel- it's crazy how a full week goes by and I didn't work out either! Let's get back on track!

fatmac- will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Ugh I am trying to stay OP. I have to go to Toronto next thur through sun which will surely be a diet-derailing trip! :( We will see though! I am trying but it is so hard to lose weight this time of year especially!

Good luck this weekend Team!

Kismet89
11-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I am out of town so I'm going to miss the weigh in tomorrow. I should be back in time for next weeks weigh in.

rainbowstripe
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey ladies, since it's Sunday here I posted my weigh in. Only 1.1 pounds down this week, but it's better than nothing seeing as I thought I wouldn't lose at all! Had a kind of off-plan night last night but nothing too extreme - I need to keep these things in proportion in my mind and not blow them up to be bigger issues than they are. I stressed out a lot this morning and then realised it wasn't as bad as I thought. I also am not sure whether I worked out the percentage lost thing right, wasn't sure whether to use the total pounds lost for the challenge to work out percentage lost or whether to just use this weeks loss...

fatmac
11-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Good morning! (and I mean morning - I'm up way too early because of the time change!)

Posted a loss this week, which also kind of surprised me. I wasn't thinking I had a great week, but lost 1.8 pounds, which is right on track!

I also wasn't sure how to calculate % lost, so I posted two: %loss from last week to this week, and %loss adding my total weight lost for two weeks.

Good luck to everyone else!

katylil
11-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Morning ladies.
I've had such a stupidly busy week that I haven't been on here at all and now somehow we've gone from page 5 to page 9?! Argh. Might read through the backlog later if I have time, but for now: just weighed myself and I'm down 2.2 pounds!!! Which means I now weigh what I did when I was 13! Hooray! Working my way down :)
I've had a few bad days (hangovers) which have included pots of noodles and high-in-calorie egg and bacon sandwiches, but I've mainly been on porridge, soup and WW meals with veggies, so apparently it's working!!!

I'm just about to go and sit on the beach because even though it's freezing (7 degrees celsius - 44 fahrenheit), the sun has actually come out! So I'm going to take my book and sit and read for a while and then maybe walk up to the far end of the prom and back (it's a long prom!)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :)

JessieCat
11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
rainbowstripe, katylil, fatmac- awesome job with the losses! Very happy to hear!!!:carrot:

carlyjordan- glad you found something that is working for you!

Ugh I have a gain for this week but am still down from my starting weight. I expected that from my bad weekend last week and not totally on top of things at the beginning of this week. But I am feeling good today and motivated to try my very best. I am nervous about my long weekend coming up in Toronto. I am 1 for 2 in terms of diet-derailing challenges. I will make a plan and really try to stick to it!

Good luck this week Team!

smisen
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow - I can't believe I'm actually down this week, especially after the rough start I had! Down 1.3 pounds, which puts me at 3 pounds lost for the challenge - I'm already half way to my goal! :) Might have to revise that one...

Overall, I'm pretty hopeful about the rest of the challenge. DH and I just decided that we aren't going home to MI for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and while I'm sad that I won't see my family over the holidays, I'm glad that it'll be a little less pressure on us health-wise and financially.

For me, this week was a reminder that when I way overbook myself and don't leave enough time to relax, I wind up without any willpower left the next week. For the rest of the challenge, I'm going to work on keeping more of a balance in my life so that I'm better able to stick to my healthy goals.

Good luck to everyone on the next week!

KimL1214
11-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey ladies! I wanted to try and help boost your discussions a little bit with some daily questions! You've all done a great job getting to know one another and chatting it up, I though some questions might help you each get to know each other even more!

Sunday & Monday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you canít wait to see when you hit goal?

fatmac
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I can't wait to rub my success in my dad's face. He's always been a jerk about my weight (even though I inherited the apple shape from his side of the family- seriously, we look the same except I have boobs). He once said I could only marry a "walrus" and, if that happened, he wouldn't support the marriage. Ugh. For a long time I actively avoided losing weight because I didn't want to prove him right. But, as I've gotten older, I've realized that I want to be healthy for MYSELF; seeing the shock on his face is just going to be the metaphorical cherry on top.

katylil
11-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Sunday & Monday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you can’t wait to see when you hit goal?

Most definitely the ex (well you do, don't you?). Just so happens that mine was a not very nice person who once made a comment about me being able to "get all the guys if only I'd lose some weight". Such a twat... But hey. Haven't seen him for months. Would love to go home at Easter and, looking utterly fabulous, bump into him around town at some point!

But obviously that it just an extra to the losing weight. My main motivation is feeling good about myself and having the confidence to wear what I want, be who I want to be and go after my dreams with no subconscious thought of not being good enough because of my weight :)

PS. Bumping into the *****y girls from high school would be an excellent bonus also! ;)

rainbowstripe
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
fatmac Congrats on the loss, awesome job! Glad to see someone else was confused about the % thing haha.

katylil Woo! Go you! I don't know what I weighed when I was 13 haha, but that is such an awesome achievement! Hope the beach was nice!

JessieCat At least you're still below your starting weight! You can do it, new week is here, yay!

smisen Awesome loss, a goal revision is definitely in order for you I think! I hope you manage to get the balance you're after this week!

Sunday & Monday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you can’t wait to see when you hit goal?

Hrmmm. There isn't really anyone whose face I want to rub in it...maybe some dickheads from when I was in high school, but I'd rather just not see those people again at all to be honest! I don't really value their opinions so I don't care what they think of me.
I'm already having my parents tell me they're proud of me for taking action and my results. My boyfriend is pretty proud too - I guess it will be really nice for both of us (him and I) when I am significantly smaller and have increased confidence and can go out with him and his friends and feel really awesome as opposed to just feeling ok and having to ask him if I look ok.

katy trail
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
i have some family i rarely see. they would be proud of me. i see family that lives close pretty often. it's very motivating to see them. i'm very public, i was always a health nut, but now i'm walking the walk. i'm happy to show the world! with the exception of one of my sisters. i really want to help her with her journey to get healthy. i wouldn't want my progress to make her feel negatively in any way.

katy trail
11-07-2010, 11:37 PM
ok people! i was back on track today with eating. going to exercise in a min. goal this next week, 5 pounds! i can do it! that's um....2.6% from starting wt. not huge, but those big #'s get harder to come by.

rainbowstripe
11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
katy trail Hope the exercise was good! I too have a sister who I worry about making feel bad with this - but I'm also hoping my actions and new lifestyle will maybe give her a little push in the right direction without me having to say anything. I worry about her health so much and I'd like her to take some inspiration from me (not that I'm a picture of health yet hah)!

JessieCat
11-08-2010, 11:25 AM
smisen- WTG with the loss and realizing you need balance in your life. I feel like a lot of people don't realize that and are always run down/stressed which can lead to a lot of unhealthy habits. Good luck!

fatmac- I am so sorry to hear how unsupportive your dad is. That sounds just awful! You will show him and he will be eating his words!;)

rainbowstripe- it's nice to see you have a great support system. That definitely makes this journey a bit more bearable!

katytrail- I'm right there with ya! Back on track. Hoping for a big loss the next few weeks.

I am happy I pulled myself out of bed this morning to get a work out in. For me, the challenge is making healthy food choices, not the working out part. If I can just get that figured out, I know I can do it. It's just that I give in to temptation so easily. I am making a plan and trying to stick to it.

katy trail
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
re: my sister, she lives several hours away. i don't see her or talk to her often. i might not see her this holiday season either. if it works out with the house, i'd love to send out some christmas cards of our family in front of our new house. and me 40lbs lighter than my long distance family has seen me. my side of the family has been...unsupportive. we get alot of flack for using govt assistance, so when we move up it kinda rubs it in their face. the doubters.

smizen-totally relate to lack of balance. i always have a 1-track mind. i'll always struggle with balance.

Fit4Lyfe
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Hmm...I am dying to see the 230's by Thanksgiving, and not the 239 or 238: I'm talking 235 or 234, I'm at 241 now, so thats 6 lbs. at least and I know I am going to have a freakin' gain this week because after a 2-week break, I am back to working out hard-core bootcamp style; but alas, I would rather have muscles and a ripped body and lose slower than be all flabby and skinny (even though I am nowhere NEAR skinny...okay, now I'm just blabbing)

rainbowstripe
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
JessieCat I think I'm the opposite of you; making sure I get enough working out in is always the hardest part for me - there are so many times I'd much rather just not do it haha. That being said, I'm beginning to figure out what exercise I actually enjoy more than others, so that is helping me!

katy trail The Christmas cards sound like a nice not-too-rubbing in your face type of way to show your long distance family what you've achieved :)

Fit4Lyfe I think 6 pounds in a couple of weeks is do-able, might be a bit of a stretch but I think you can do it! I'm aiming for similar I think haha...it's less likely I'll do it!

~Think I will definitely have a loss this week since I've had a loss since WI already hehe. Feeling pretty positive overall - my manager-ish type person came into the store (we work sole charge so we don't always see the manager/store owner) after not having been in for a few weeks when I've been working and she just kind of looked at me and said "wow!" - it was a nice feeling! She said I look really different - and she has seen me maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, so definitely since I've lost 9 or 10 kg, so maybe each kg is making a difference now, I've lost 12.6kg total.
I have another delicious salad for lunch today, with chicken and kumara in it. Pretty excited to eat it haha.
Facing some temptation today in the form of Starbucks. They just put up all their signs for their Christmas season drinks (since we don't have Thanksgiving here - I would guess in the US there are Thanksgiving/Fall themed drinks?) - anyway I really want one but I can't find any calorie counts for them yet. Might have to check out the US website but I'm not sure if they'd be prepared the same way!

JessieCat
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
rainbowstripe- talk about motivation! That is so wonderful and inspirational to me that you got that amazing compliment from your manager! yay!

Fit4Lyfe- We are hear to help motivate you! You have 2 and a half weeks to pull off that loss! You can do it!

katy trail- the card sounds like a good idea! You will blow your family away!:D

ugh well I started the day out great. But after lunch I was still starving and went to the hospital gift shop and OMG ate too much candy. But instead of letting that ruin my entire day, I am hoping I can stay OP and make good choices the rest of the night. This dieting is so friggin hard.:?:

rainbowstripe
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
JessieCat I always kind of like those types of compliments because they're unexpected but reaffirming that I'm actually doing something that is noticeable! In my mind I kind of still feel the same size.
What did you eat for lunch that left you still hungry?

KimL1214
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What is one exercise you have thought about trying, but have never gotten around to? Why?

rainbowstripe
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What is one exercise you have thought about trying, but have never gotten around to? Why?

There's actually a lot of things I've thought about but haven't done yet. Incorporating some sort of weights or strength training is something I've yet to do because I don't know where to start. I can't afford to get a gym membership and I can't afford any sort of trainer or anything - and I'd be worried about doing it wrong or injuring myself if I did something like that at home!

Also swimming - I like the idea of swimming as exercise, I used to swim a lot when I was a lot younger (like...between ages 6-14) but then I got too self-conscious about being in a bathing suit and I guess that is still my problem - that and I'm not overly confident in water anymore for some reason.

Yoga and pilates also - have thought about them being good for relaxation and improving posture but I'm also worried about my uncoordination - and again, the cost of a class/series of classes is something that worries me.

katy trail
11-09-2010, 01:36 AM
an exercise i always wanted to try, but never have?

i always wanted to try going to classes at a gym. i think being with a group expecting me to be there, helps keep me accountable. same reason why this challenge and online accountable buddy system works.

and why haven't I?

it's 2 parts. lack of transportation, i still don't have my license. i seem to be the only adult in the U.S without one. i used to be afraid of learning, but i'm a lot better. last fall/spring i worked on learning to drive again. that's another thread.

and of course the cost. a gym membership or classes don't cost that much, but until recently we've been flat broke. so i can see it in the future, but not any time soon.

smisen
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM

I really want to take a kickboxing class, but right now it's cost-prohibitive. Maybe in the future when we're a little more caught up on bills!

Okay, y'all - confession time...

So, remember how I came in here on Sunday, posting about how awesome I was feeling and how psyched I was about moving forward with this challenge.

One word... Porktropolis.

One of my co-workers is pregnant, and yesterday, the "baby" wanted barbeque for lunch, so a bunch of us went to check out this new restaurant called Porktropolis - aka - the biggest d*** portion of BBQ you can imagine, plus cheesy potatoes.

And if that wasn't enough, I came back from the restaurant with a craving for sweets (and a feeling that I'd already blown my diet), so I had a pack of Little Debbie cakes from the vending machine, and a bunch of chocolate and trail mix from the storage cupboard at work.

And wouldn't you know it, all of this fell on dinner club night. My husband and I were hosting last night, and he made a baked linguini with pork sausage (and like 1/2 pound of mozarella on top). Another girl brought a salad (thank jeebus!) and a big loaf of french bread, which we nibbled on for an hour while waiting for the last person, who brought - you guessed it - pork meatballs.

Is it really any wonder I feel like a pig today, considering how much pork I consumed yesterday?!?!?!

So now I'm having a totally fat day, although I'm trying to remind myself that one bad day won't blow my diet and that a lot of what I'm feeling is probably just the amount of sodium I had yesterday. Right now, I'm just feeling like, "Why bother? I'll probably just screw up all my hard work with junk food, so why not start now?"

Needing some serious strength today, ladies... :(

JessieCat
11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
smisen- sounds like the perfect pork storm of blowing your diet! We have all been there (me too many times). Just get back on track today and soon you will forget about it!

katy trail- hopefully you can get to a gym soon for classes soon.

rainbowstripe- I have also wanted to do pilates. but I like cardio and don't think I have the patience for yoga and or pilates. To answer your question, I had a turkey sandwich and an apple. I need to pack a more filling lunch. But good news, I did ok the rest of the night and had a loss this morning! yaya

One of my faculty said I look so skinny today. It is really because of these jeggings I am wearing (jean leggings) that make me look slimmer, but still, made my day!:D

katy trail
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
i won't be going to a gym at all any time soon. that doesn't bother me anymore though. i've accepted and embraced working out at home. i'm really excited for a 'real' workout room in the basement(hopefully we get a basement) in whatever house we move to. and now most classes are available on dvd. so if i wanted to do it i could just use the dvd.

smizen,
when i'm feeling fat the best thing to do is a great cardio workout- running, intervals, kick boxing, your fav. intense workout.
and some cleansing food. think sauted greens in garlic maybe a little ovoo. lentil soup ALWAYS makes me feel super healthy. energy. satisfied for a long time. and lentils don't give as much( or any in my experience) gas as other legumes. other types of veggies, soups, clean food would work. you want to refuel your body. and tea. lemon or mint tea.

i'm feeling great today, and yesterday. :) down a few pounds this morning. on that scale it's hard to see, but i think it was around 184. and today i can fit into a pair of dh's jeans. these are too big for him, but wearing even close to the same size shows i've made major changes. i'm feeling so motivated again. finally! i felt like slapping myself lately lol. snap out of it!

audri8301
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I haven't posted in here much, but I'm trying to follow along. Thought I would take a stab at today's questions:

Zumba; I have no real reason for not trying it. It looks like a lot of fun whether you look good doing it or not. Usually I go to classes at the gym with my friend and she's not really into dance-y classes, so she won't check it out with me.

rainbowstripe
11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
smisen Oh no, pork overload. Just keep reminding yourself that one day will not undo your diet, as you said. It's ok. We all take days off. I have taken more days off than I'd have liked to and still had good loss. Like katy trail said, eating some really good tasty healthy foods for the next couple of days will have you feeling a lot fresher and less like you consumed too much pork. Exercise is good too. Just keep on pushing at it!

JessieCat I wonder if perhaps I don't have the patience either for pilate or yoga haha - I definitely don't have the balance, though apparently they can improve that kind of thing? I dunno. Congrats on the compliment on looking skinny! I'm sure you're looking great!

katy trail Yay for the loss and for feeling good and motivated!!

audri I think if you want to try Zumba and your friend won't go with you, just go alone! I know that can be scary - but Zumba is really really fun and I think it's a good workout - and I would go alone if I had no one to go with!

~I'm feeling good ladies, down a little bit in weight today and am really on track with the exercise, just need to motivate myself to use the treadmill this afternoon!

audri8301
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Rainbow - Maybe I will try it sometime. It does look fun. I could use some more danciness in my life, I used to get some of that from TurboKick, but my gym doesn't have that anymore. I do BodyCombat now, but it's not as dance-y.

smisen
11-10-2010, 10:23 AM
JessieCat - Aren't compliments from co-workers great?! I wish I could pull off the jeggings thing, but I just don't think it's in the cards for me...

Katy trail - How cool about the jeans! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Rainbowstripe - Did you make it to the treadmill yesterday?

Audri8301 - Definitely give Zumba a try - it's so much fun, and such a good workout!

Well, yesterday was a little bit better for me - I ate closer to maintenance calories than I wanted to, but at least it wasn't Porktropolis level :) Today is going to be a challenge, though - I'm traveling to a trade show for work, which means 4 hours in the car, plus "built in concession stands" at the convention center. Something tells me that's not going to be super healthy... I've got a few healthy snacks packed, and I'll keep my eyes open for a salad or a healthy sandwich or something once I get there.

rainbowstripe
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
smisen Any chance you could take some healthy stuff with you? Yeah I did make it onto the treadmill hah! Had some motivation from my ladies over in the 20somethings chat thread, they pushed me into it haha. Feels good - now I just have to find a similar kind of drive to get to it today!

~Weighed in lighter again today, yay. Unfortunately I am craving pasta - it has been a really long time since I've had it, and I want it. Trying to figure out what kind of pasta dish I can make that won't be too high in calories, and thinking maybe I should save it for dinner rather than lunch....but we'll see!

JessieCat
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey girls!
Good luck the rest of the weekend with weight loss! I am leaving for Toronto tomorrow for a conference and won't be back til Sunday. And I have a cold...ugh! And I ate bad today but not horrendous.. just over my calories.. a mini binge but it wasn't a typical binge of no control, thousands of calories, just some extra snacks that i did not need in the least.

Talk to you soon!

JessieCat
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
p.s. leopardspots- not sure if i will be back to WI in enough time from Toronto. If I don't post on sunday, that means I'm not back but will definitely be WI'ing next week.

katy trail
11-11-2010, 09:08 AM
down to 185! woohoo! :)

stephandra
11-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey teammates! Haven't posted in a while cause my computers getting fixed...I'm posting through my phone which is a little annoying but I missed this thread. Good job everybody on the weigh in on Sunday, first place wooohooo!! This week I haven't eaten the cleanest, had kind of a stressful week of school so this weekend I will be a sticker! I decided to measure myself today and was extremely surprised to see, even though I've only lost 9lbs total, that I've lost 2 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips! I am especially excited cause those are my problem areas :)
Good job Katy on the loss, I'm so happy for ya!
I think today ill be doing 2 workout dvds, I'm exxtra motivated!

stephandra
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey teammates! Haven't posted in a while cause my computers getting fixed...I'm posting through my phone which is a little annoying but I missed this thread. Good job everybody on the weigh in on Sunday, first place wooohooo!! This week I haven't eaten the cleanest, had kind of a stressful week of school so this weekend I will be a stickler! I decided to measure myself today and was extremely surprised to see, even though I've only lost 9lbs total, that I've lost 2 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips! I am especially excited cause those are my problem areas :)
Good job Katy on the loss, I'm so happy for ya!
I think today ill be doing 2 workout dvds, I'm exxtra motivated!

KimL1214
11-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey Ladies!!!

leopardspots hasn't been active on 3FC for a few weeks now, so I just wanted to let everyone know to please PM any questions or issues you are having during the challenge so I can help you as soon as possible. I will keep posting discussion questions in your chat thread, but if anyone would like to head up getting the chats going along with me, that would be wonderful. You are all doing a wonderful job! Let me know if you need anything else!

Thursday Question~ What tips or tricks to you have to stay motivated when your willpower falters?

rainbowstripe
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
KimL1214 Thanks for stepping in with these questions and stuff! Our chat thread is a little slower than the other team's I think.

Thursday Question~ What tips or tricks to you have to stay motivated when your willpower falters?

I don't really have any tips or tricks...so far I haven't had too much trouble keeping to my calorie counting and exercise, mainly because I've been getting the results I want to. If I face a day where I feel like eating something over my calories or don't want to exercise, I usually just try to remind myself that I'll feel better if I don't eat that/get the exercise done and remind myself of how far I've come and where I'm headed to!

katy trail
11-12-2010, 02:13 AM
thursday question- what tips do you have for staying motivated?
music.
right now i kinda have this attitude from Legally Blonde, "I'll show you how valuable Elle can be!" she's standing in line at an apple store holding a mac wearing a playboy bunny suit. love that movie.
many movies also come to mind.
i need a short term goal. i need to visualize it. i have a mental movie of things i'll be doing at goal. know how i'll deal with the challenges in the way. know how i'll get it done. it's all about the exercise for me. when that's going well, it's usually not hard to keep my portions in check and make healthy choices.

reading blogs, writing pms to online friends from 3fc. reading/posting on 3fc. knowing i'm not alone in this journey, that i can do it just like so many others. that's so crucial. sometimes all it takes is a good pouring out your heart to a friend. you feel better, and remind yourself why you are doing this in the first place.

this is really about getting up again. we all mess up. the difference between the old me and a healthy fit person is simple. when the healthy person overeats, they make up for it later in the day or prep for it beforehand. eat less, more active. they don't feel guilty and just share a blood supply with the couch. skinny people overeat too. everyone messes up. we all fall down. what's important is that we get up again. when i realized that a few months ago it was big for me. we just have to keep trying.

sometimes we just don't want to. if we do it anyway (healthy choices, workouts etc) we will always feel proud of our choices. hopefully the next day is better with more motivation.

having workouts we enjoy and look forward to is really important too. sometimes we just need to change it up a bit.

writing a letter to yourself when you are really motivated is a good one too. then read it when you are feeling down.

mantra, your own saying. lately mine is nothing tastes as good as feeling sexy feels.

IslandVet
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Ugh. I hope you are all doing well. At least better than me!! I've had a pretty major setback. I was cruising right along on track at first. Now I've been sick for a few days and I let myself fall completely off the wagon. I haven't exercised since Tuesday and I've been eating horribly all week with no regard to my points (Weight Watchers). I haven't checked the scale yet, but I won't be surprised if I'm right back at my starting weight. My lovely Storms - I apologize in advance for whatever my weight is on Sunday, because I am certainly expecting an increase!

All that being said, it's done and there is nothing I can do to change it now. I'm starting fresh in the morning on track with my points and my exercise, no matter what my new current weight is. In the past, the worst thing I could do was quit when I didn't see results or when I had a setback. I'm trying to realize that this isn't a "diet" as much as it is my life and there are going to be more bad days and more bad weeks. The only thing to do is forgive myself and try not to make the same mistakes again.

Happy Friday, everyone!!

katy trail
11-13-2010, 02:25 AM
oh Island vet, i'm sorry to hear that. i think we all struggle when we get sick. all that congestion always convinces me i'm hungry. i really can't be hungry ALL the time. and then i feel better when i drink tea? um no, i wasn't hungry. the phlem plays tricks on my tummy/brain.
you've got the right attitude girl! that's exactly what it's about. a few days off plan didn't make us gain 20, 50 pounds whereever we are. you get back up, dust your shoulders off(remember that jay z song?). tomorrow is a new day :) YOU CAN DO THIS!

i had a GREAT day today. lots of muscle building exercise. tryed the walking uphill and walking uphill backwards. increased my squats weight from 25 to 50#. that sounds like a big jump doesn't it? well i was using 1 25# dumb bell. today i decided to try holding 2 of those, just to see if i could. i seem to be able to a million squats without weights, and i can still do alot with the 25#, although i never really count. so i think i need to use heavier weights more often. also did about dot com's best butt workout. i recamend that one! really challenging, and you can adjust it alot. like for step ups make the step short, or really high. sub a different type of lunge, use weights, wear ankle weights. since some of us are in foreign countries i'll post the workout. it's pretty simple.

-+
About.com's best butt workout

you do each exercise for 1 set, 12 reps. or 12 on each leg. except hip extensions, these are 16 reps.

squats
step ups
one leg squat
lunges
quadrupled hip extensions( see note below)

go through the cycle, doing each set of exercises with little rest in between switching to the next exercise. then take a short break, if needed, and repeat 1-3 times.
note-quadruple hip extensions. you probably know these, just the name is weird. we get on hands and knees and lift 1 knee backwards. keep your knee at a right angle. you can also do this with the leg straight behind you, pulsing up.

another exercise that really works the glutes(butt) is the deadlift. simply lift your weight up keeping your back and legs straight.

alsom i'm down another pound today. 184. that's 3 down since sunday. and a new low for me :) i'm expecting some pretty serious doms tomorrow. if i don't get any i must be wonderwoman.
and i challenged my fit without trying (it seems) DH to a squats challenge lol. i start getting all superior in my head. hey! i can do these better than him! um probably not lol. but it was fun talking about it.

rainbowstripe
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I guess I'm a little lucky that while it is technically Sunday here for me, and I should post my weigh-in, it's still Saturday for mostly everyone else in this team/the challenge - so I'm not posting my weigh-in til tomorrow morning for me, which will be Sunday afternoon/evening for everyone else.

This is because I know I am retaining water due to excess sodium consumption. Hugely. Ugh. I had a bit of an off-plan couple of days - I accounted for every calorie, but there were definitely a lot of calories I shouldn't have eaten. I am learning. This is the first time I've actually noticed the sodium having this effect on me - my feet are swollen, my fingers are swollen - I feel generally puffy. I hope I don't have to post a gain for this week, but we will see.

katy trail
11-13-2010, 08:33 PM
drink lots of water and do cardio :) hope it goes well for you.

rainbowstripe
11-13-2010, 09:17 PM
katy trail Thanks! Cardio might not happen today (work and then silly after work plans) but the water I am trying trying trying to get in while I'm at work - even drinking the tap water here, which I usually avoid because it has such a nasty taste.

smisen
11-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Well, I'm up this week, which isn't a huge surprise. I was actually pretty good this week. I avoided most of the treats at the trade show (it was a food industry show, so just about every booth had some sort of snack!) and I was pretty good about portions the rest of the week, but right now I'm dealing with monster TOM (had an IUD put in about 2 months ago and still adjusting - sorry for the TMI!) and sore muscles from dancing on Thursday.

For now, I'm trying not to let this get me down. It's frustrating to see the numbers go up, even if I understand that it's for reasons that are out of my control. I'm definitely looking forward to a big whoosh next week once this all clears up!

fatmac
11-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I also gained this week. I developed a stress fracture in my foot this week, and my old "all or nothing" mentality came back. I was thinking: if I can't exercise, what's the point of eating properly? Then it was my birthday and I gave myself whatever I desired. And now, I'm out of the gym for at least another 2 weeks but I can lift weights at home and I can control my eating. Starting now. Oy.

Sorry for the gain, team.

rainbowstripe
11-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Sorry ladies - had to post a gain this week. Instead of the 1.1 pound loss I should have been posting had my weekend not gone a little awry, I had to post a 1.1 pound gain. Urgh. If it were only half a kg / 1.1 pound in reality, I'd be ok - but since I had gotten down another 1.1 pound in the week, it was more like a 2.2 pound gain overnight! Please please please go away.

I'm sorry I had to post a gain. Everyone hang in there!

JessieCat
11-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Hey team!
Well I was in canada and it was pretty cool but I had a cold the whole time. I ate not too great but not terrible. I did however eat pretty bad last night! That set me up for another gain this week! But I know it will go back down. I was down during the week so I know it will go back. What a disappointment!
I feel like I gain and lose the same 7-8 lbs it is so disgusting and annoying! But I've been OP all day and loving it!:D

rainbowstripe- no worries with the gain!!! we have more than half the challenge left! Hang in there! I know about the salt thing. I noticed on days I eat canned soup, I gain a lb or so! I mean come on now!!!!

fatmac- I have been there.. I had a stress reaction in my leg and was beyond bummed. I had to abstain from exercise for 6 weeks it was awful! I have been there with the all or nothing mindset and it sucks! You can totally lose weight by just cutting calories.. it is math! But I know what you mean about not wanting to care if you can't exercise. Don't do it! You will totally regret it!

smisen- hang in there girl. That damn scale will move the way we want soon!!!

IslandVet- I was sick last week and I totally know what you mean! I ate not so great. I was bored because I couldn't exercise and I just kept snacking! I feel so much better now so I know I can get back OP! So can you!

Let's make this week a success!:)

KimL1214
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ Holidays are quickly approaching! Are you someone who is going to sit down for Thanksgiving/Christmas/ I donít know all the holidays coming up... dinner, and stay completely on plan? Or are you someone that is going to plan out your week so you can eat off plan and not feel completely horrible about it? Why?

rainbowstripe
11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ Holidays are quickly approaching! Are you someone who is going to sit down for Thanksgiving/Christmas/ I don’t know all the holidays coming up... dinner, and stay completely on plan? Or are you someone that is going to plan out your week so you can eat off plan and not feel completely horrible about it? Why?

We don't really have Thanksgiving here in New Zealand, though since my mum is obsessed with all things American and my boyfriend's dad is American, I can assume there may be some sort of Thanksgiving Feast. For that, I'll probably just have a lower calorie day and then have a normal ish meal. I won't go overboard, but I won't be too strict. Since I'm calorie counting I feel it's ok.
As for Christmas, I'll probably take that one day off calorie counting. I took my birthday off, and I think Christmas and my birthday are the days that I don't mind relaxing a bit. That being said, I know I won't be able to stuff my face on Christmas. I will have a bit of everything I want, but I think that my journey so far has made me realise I feel crap if I overeat so I'll be avoiding that.
I'm more worried about my holiday away at the beach over New Years (it's summer here). My boyfriend and our friends will definitely be making it into an eating festival, chips, dip, lots of meat and lots of alcohol...I'm just hoping I can manage to bring my own stuff and keep on track as much as I can - and keep up exercise while I'm away!

~I'm back down to 72.5kg, 159.8 pounds as of yesterday and today. The water weight is coming off! Yay! Hopefully I'll have a loss to post at the end of the week!

katy trail
11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
wed and thur. Q. re:holiday meals.

Actually, the holiday meals haven't been a big deal. We never host, bc our home is waay too small. However, several of the houses we looked at buying would be great for entertaining. So likely in the future it will be a big deal.

This year, we'll go to a family member's house for thanksgiving. dh's cousin i think. so i'll probably bring something safe for me to eat, and just try to choose the best choices. the biggest problem is trying to find lowerfat dishes. some of it is soulfood with all the drippings. but in the past there's been a wide variety of foods, so i'm not worried.

for christmas/new years the tradition is to go to mil's for delicious gumbo. i'll have a moderate amount and probably a salad.
for both holidays i'll bring home leftovers individually packed for dh's lunch next day. other than that no leftovers to worry about, unless i decide to make a dinner for us. in the process of packing/moving i'll probably skip making a special dinner. we're not big fans of traditional turkey anyway, and we don't eat ham.

katy trail
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
yesterday was a busy day of traveling here and there, house tour, contract signing. today was a nice relaxed day with dh. we are getting along really well, and he works so much its like his days off are rare.
our latest fav. house has a really cool loft overlooking the living room and tons of space. so hopefully this one works out.

just found out yesterday my father in law is coming to visit soon. maybe next week. more motivation to get smaller and make our house sparkling clean, not my strongest talent lol. thankfully cleaning does distract from eating and burns some cals. we haven't seen him in several years. close to 5 years. i think thats the only time i've seen him actually. they live way down in louisiana. thats maybe a 15 hr drive from st.louis.

KimL1214
11-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Wednesday & Thursday Question~ Do you have one or two really great pieces of advice for someone wanting to lose weight?

katy trail
11-17-2010, 10:46 AM
wed & thur. question, one or two tips/advice to those losing weight.

sure!
1. Most important find a way to be consistent and accountable. tracking what/how much you eat and workouts helps us notice when we've missed a few days or just feedback for what works and what doesn't for YOUR plan. we are all different. personally, i need a real person to be accountable to, outside myself. that can be your bf, bff, or online friends. then when i'm thinking about skipping a w/o i often do it anyway, bc i don't want to admit i did no w/o that day. i also weigh myself daily. that keeps me aware of myself. no more hiding my head in the sand!

2. get back up! losing weight is about getting up when we fall down. we have to just keep plugging away. eventually, it has to come off.

3. plateus are for practicing maintenance. i had lots of practice all summer! now when i get closer to goal, can i keep it off? no worries! just keep eating my healthy foods in small portions and exercise.

smisen
11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Wednesday & Thursday Question~ Do you have one or two really great pieces of advice for someone wanting to lose weight?

1. Deep down, you already know everything you need to do to lose weight. Exercise more and swap out junk food (not just cookies/candies/etc, but white bread, white pasta, and so on) for moderate portions of healthy food. There's no magic pill you're going to be able to buy that's going to change that formula, so stop looking for the easy way out and just do the darn work :)

2. Remember that you're human and that your diet/exercise plan is only one aspect of who you are. You're going to screw up sometimes and that's okay, as long as you're on plan more than you're off. How much of that is acceptable is up to you, but freaking out because you eat one bad meal isn't healthy in the long run.

(Or maybe I'm just saying #2 because, instead of going home and eating something healthy after dance class last night, I went to the bar with friends and had 4 rum and cokes, plus half a bucket of french fries... :) When will I learn I'm not in college anymore!?)

So yeah, I'm a little bummed about "fry-gate" last night (I don't know if I was more hungover this morning from the liquor or the amount of grease I consumed...), but I'm moving on. Today has been healthy so far, so I'm feeling good about that. DH and I might go and re-sign up for our gym membership tonight (we usually only get one in the winter when it's too cold to exercise outside). We've also been working on adding veggies to our dinners together, so I'm confident that we're on the right track together.

JessieCat
11-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey team!
smisen- don't worry about going a bit overboard. Back on track tomorrow!

katy trail- the house sounds great! I hope your visit with your FIL goes well!

rainbowstripe- I'm also nervous about upcoming events. Let's just kill it together!:hug:

Well yesterday and today are not so good. But I am down from my WI from this past sunday.

I am going to try to have a healthier mentality when it comes to eating and exercising. I am tired of this all or nothing mentality I have! I remade a new ticker and a countdown to Memorial day weekend when I want to have my beach body by then and just own it when I walk down the beach!:beach:

rainbowstripe
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM

I think the best thing I could say would be to find what works for you and stick with it...and take things that others say with a grain of salt - everyone has something to say or something that they think you could be doing better, and while some of the advice is good advice - I find that if you're doing something that works and is healthy, you need to take whatever anyone else is saying not as THE be all and end all.

Sorry that didn't make much sense, I'm having issues getting my words together today.

Week is ok, feeling a bit of depression this week, not aided by the fact I have to work on Saturday ( I don't usually). Urgh.

JasonsLea
11-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey lovelies! I hope everyone is doing okay.

I'm officially moved into my little house! I need to get some storage so I can finish unpacking and I have to get some new cookware and utensils. Pullo seems to like it and sometime this week, I'll be getting two kitties to add to the family. :)

Oh and I got my first tattoo! :dance:

I missed my WI last week cause my scale (which has been packed up for like five months) had a dead battery. I brought some new ones so I'm all set for WI tomorrow!

Hopefully, I can update sooner. Less than a month left in the semester so I'll be at school way more and will have internet access.

:grouphug:

rainbowstripe
11-18-2010, 05:41 PM
JasonsLea Weigh-in is Sunday not tomorrow :) Still have a couple of days left!

smisen
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM
JasonsLea - Yay for your first tattoo! I really want to get one, but I don't know what I want or where I want it, so I think I'll wait until then... :)

Rainbowstripe - Sorry to hear you're struggling :( Hope you feel better soon!

JessieCat - Good for you for working on a healthier mindset! I'm sure you'll reach your goal by Memorial Day :)

Wow, am I tired today!!!! This week has been insane - volunteer commitments 2 nights this week, out drinking 1 night, plus I've been getting up early before work and staying up late after DH goes to work to get some hours into a freelance project I'm working on right now... Plus, you know, the usual day job, dance classes and so on :)

I can definitely feel the temptation to just say, "F it, I'm tired and Chinese food will make me feel better," but I'm going to be stronger than that today. I've worked so darn hard up to this point, and I'm ready to start seeing more results!

Tonight's going to be tough - I'm going to a 10:20pm showing of Harry Potter (so excited!) and then out afterwards with some friends, but I'll do the best I can! Hoping for a good weigh in on Sunday :)

katy trail
11-19-2010, 03:39 PM
it's going really well to get that awesome house. still need bank's ok, but we think it's a done deal. i can't wait to show the kids! and my own w/o room woohoo! i'll have to give more details later. need to get back to cleaning and packing :) i've been doing well with keeping up my w/o. they are short, but walking uphill in the cold is intense. and 1 leg bridges are keeping my hamstrings 'toasty' :)

KimL1214
11-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday Question~ Where do you see yourself in a year/five years/ten years?

rainbowstripe
11-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday Question~ Where do you see yourself in a year/five years/ten years?

Scary question.
One year: Hopefully at goal weight and having been maintaining said weight for around 6 months. Living somewhere with my boyfriend...maybe planning to go overseas to work. Hopefully in a different job and also doing more with my art, feeling more inspired in general. Doing what I want to do.

Five years: Scary. I'll be 29... I really don't know where I see myself. No idea where I'll be, what I'll be doing - but I'd like to be happy. And hopefully at a similar weight to my goal weight. Still being healthy.

Ten years: Even scarier. Aged 34. No idea where I'll be. Hopefully I will own some property of some sort. Would like to be happy as well. And at a good weight.

Yeah..the future scares me, so I don't think about it too much. A year I can do...any more than that gets freaky.
I'm about to post my weigh-in for this week since it's Sunday here! I'm happy to report a loss. Hope you ladies are having good weekends and ready to weigh-in!

fatmac
11-21-2010, 08:01 AM
FINALLY a good weigh in! I've been pretty good this week about food, but no exercise at all. I'm hoping that I can start swimming today - I'm going stir-crazy!

Where do I see myself in one year? Exactly the same place I am now, except healthier, stronger and more confident.

Where do I see myself in five years? Hopefully starting a fellowship in a new city, preferably on the East coast, and preferably in a prestigious place. Expect to have kept the weight off. Expect to be a marathon runner.

Where do I see myself in ten years? Now it's getting murkier. Hopefully not still single! Maybe a faculty position at a university in California?

smisen
11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, my weigh in wasn't as strong as I hoped it would be (I saw 177.0 on the scale yesterday :( ), but I know it's because I'm super sore from taking this amazing dance workshop yesterday... Hopefully next week will be better!

I'm really proud of myself for being conscious of being on plan all week. I didn't always stick to my plan 100%, but the past few weeks, I've kind of treated Monday through Wednesday as "throw away" days and busted my butt to be on track Thursday through Sunday. I know that if I want to see results, I've got to be on plan all week, so this past week was a big improvement.

Crossing my fingers that I see 175.something next week - I'm dying to be in the lower 170s again!

katy trail
11-22-2010, 01:52 AM
well i regained my 2 pounds lost eating like the food in my house was going to vanish. the difference is now i'm aware. and i get right back up. got my house all cleaned up, finishing my room tonight. not beating myself up, i'm focused again already. tomorrow is new house inspection, hopefully. FIL visit is postponed, which is good. i'd rather him see us in the better place anyway. with a guest room. cleaning wasn't all for nothing. we'll have to clean before we leave/move out so we have a good start. possibly close dec.17? still early to know if that will happen.
all i want for christmas is...a house lol! and happy daddy and kids.

rainbowstripe
11-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Hope everyone has weighed in! I was lucky with mine in that it seems like more since I got down close and then up again before the previous weigh-in. Hopefully it will now be a steady downward fall for a while!

fatmac Hope you were able to swim!

smisen Congrats on being conscious of your plan all week! I actually wish I could zone out a little sometimes, I feel like my weightloss/quest to be healthier is sometimes all I think about.

katy trail Sorry you gained, but it's good that you learned from it. I hope things with your new house work out soon!

fatmac
11-22-2010, 07:07 AM
I did get to swim! Yay! And I had a good WI this morning.

Look out, team Phoenix. Team STORM is going to pass you this week!

KimL1214
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Monday Question~ When a Victoriaís Secret lingerie ad (or any bra and panties ad) comes on, and you see the models, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

katy trail
11-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Q:when a victoria's secret ad comes on tv, what's your first thought?
I want to wear that soon!

katy trail
11-23-2010, 02:18 AM
thanks rainbow, i'm not sure i'm 'learning' from it. it's sorta just that common cycle we all seem to go through. we reach a new low. all excited, then part of me panics and i just want to eat everything. i regain some(in my case a pound or 2 each time) then go back to normal and lose again for awhile. 184 is still a number i'm proud of. just as i've been proud of every number since 210. anything under 200 is great. under 190 breaks records for me. and now i'm just a few pounds from just over weight category, not obese. i haven't felt obese for many pounds now lol! but that's what happens when you eat healthy and exercise. just feel good, most of the time. energy. i've just accepted it's just part of life. i'm going to have really high happy high energy days i feel i can run forever, days where is just blah, regular, and days where i have to drag myself off the couch. there's emotional ups and downs, and ups and downs with the weightloss. thankfully it's been mostly downward with the weightloss ;)

now if i could just firgure out what to start packing lol.

rainbowstripe
11-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Monday Question~ When a Victoria’s Secret lingerie ad (or any bra and panties ad) comes on, and you see the models, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

I know it's not the right sort of answer, but it's kind of amusing - in New Zealand I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one television ad for under garments! It's crazy...I dunno why, we're not a prudish nation or anything. Weird. I guess though, if I did see an ad, then I'd probably just be looking at the bodies and their "parts" - I know this sounds weird, but I like to look at breasts and see how mine compare. Hah, I sound weird, but it's true.

Yay, down some more weight. If the rest of the week stays on plan, I'll get to post another loss!

JessieCat
11-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Team
smisen- i hear you on the WI. The day before I was down like 2 lbs... now I'm back down.. I was also insanely sore and felt like I couldn't even walk so I think that was contributing to my higher number.

Well I am super worried about Thanksgiving! I am going home tonight and will be home til monday night. And I always gain over the holiday. I am going to try to enjoy myself but hopefully exercise. I will try to check in occasionally. Good luck!!! Anyone else nervous about the holiday?:dizzy:

KimL1214
11-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Tuesday Question~ There are lots of arguments in the media about how men are becoming just as sexualized and have just as many issues with body image as women. Do you agree or disagree?

katy trail
11-25-2010, 12:15 AM
i'll jump in on this one. i think because it's against our culture for guys to openly discuss body concerns besides wanting more muscle, it's likely a common problem for guys. now that it's more acceptable, guys can be more honest about it. guys can have anarexia or bulimia or binging issues girls have. only in recent years, guys can be treated at rehab centers or guy only centers.

happy thanksgiving everyone!

katy trail
11-25-2010, 12:18 AM
inspection for new house, check! no major problems, i guess, i'm no expert. although, as long as theirs no black mold, termites, or a roof falling in, it's all good lol.

smisen
11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Tuesday Question~ There are lots of arguments in the media about how men are becoming just as sexualized and have just as many issues with body image as women. Do you agree or disagree?

Guess it's not Tuesday anymore, but I just saw this :)

I think guys are subject to the same number of marketing messages that define an "ideal" body type as women are, so it stands to reason that they'd experience similar body issues as women. I mean, for every ad out there saying that women need to be thin, there's one saying that men need to have six pack abs to get what they want.

To me, though, the difference is the way our culture treats overweight men vs overweight women. I think, generally, it's more socially acceptable for a man to be heavier than the norm than it is for women, which could be why women tend to put more stock in experiencing and resolving body image issues.

Just my two cents :)

Katy trail - Congrats on the house! My husband and I just bought our first house this spring and I remember what a relief it was when the inspection went well :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm getting ready to get a good workout in before Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon. We're going to the bar where my husband works - they're doing a big family-style thing, and since we're not going home to MI, I figured that'd be easier than cooking the whole meal myself. I'm definitely going to eat a lot of food, but it's probably going to be my only real meal today, and I'm planning to compensate with extra workouts and light eating these next few days.

Hope you all have a great holiday!

rainbowstripe
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Food and exercise are doing ok, but I'm having a few issues with my ladyparts that have me stressed out.

Will be around to weigh-in this weekend though.

rainbowstripe
11-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Just weighed in, thankfully with a loss after a couple of higher calorie days (one of which included too much alcohol).

Need to get in more exercise this coming week, I've been slack this past week and only done 3 days.

fatmac
11-28-2010, 06:57 AM
I had a good week, but the scale is up a little bit from yesterday. It's okay though, it's still a loss and I'm still on track!

smisen
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Grrr - Can I just say that Sunday morning weigh ins suck?!?!? :) Yesterday, I took 2 1/2 hours of dance class and then went out dancing for 4 hours in heels - I am *beyond* sore this morning! Somehow I have to get myself to the grocery store that's a block away to get potatoes for tonight's beef stew, and I just don't know how I'm going to manage it!

So I'm a little bummed that I only posted a .2 lb loss, but .2 is better than a gain, right? I'll just keep plugging along - I should have a really good opportunity to be good this week, so I'm definitely hoping for a bigger loss next week.

katy trail
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
hey everybody,

i really feel like i haven't been trying hard enough. not enough exercise most of this challenge. like everyone i went up around thanksgiving, and it went back down. this morning i was surprised to see a new number, 180! i kinda still feel like, huh? feel like my scale is broken. not really seeing the changes i thought i would see in my body at this point. i still feel the same as 10 pounds ago.

i also starting thinking....maybe this month i could lose 10 pounds- with all the packing and moving that burns lots of calories and takes time away from snacking, maybe. or maybe i'll hit a plateu. it's going to be stressful.
but if i did lose 10 in dec, maybe 5 more in jan, 5 more in feb. march 6(my diet anniversary) i could be around 160. 1 year later.

it's weird. some days i feel so skinny and healthy like i'm already at goal weight. other days it seems like there's so much more to lose.

fatmac
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
it's weird. some days i feel so skinny and healthy like i'm already at goal weight. other days it seems like there's so much more to lose.

Agreed. Sigh.

JessieCat
11-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey!
Just got back from almost a week away. I am not going to lie... I did not eat well. It was a blood bath. But I am back tomorrow... not sure if I will be here again to WI Sunday (friend visiting...)

This weight loss is killing me!

JasonsLea
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
:wave: all!

Yeah, I'm still around...barely. This is the last week of fall semester, I am beat, and looking for a job. TOM came this week so of course the scale was up but I am very proud that I didn't gorge myself at Thanksgiving dinner.

How was everyone's holiday?

rainbowstripe
11-30-2010, 04:09 AM
Hey ladies, hope everyone is still trucking along! I fear we've lost a few along the way, but let's keep going! Only a few more weeks to go!

katylil
11-30-2010, 07:40 AM
So sorry everybody! I've had no internet for two weeks and no time to hit the library so posting my WIs has been impossible!

All sorted now though! :D hope everyone's doing OK!

katy trail
12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
:carrot:Come on team Storm! Let's go go go!

How's everyone doing today?

i'm doing well, down to 180 which would be another 2 pound lost this week, maybe i can make it a few more pounds down by sunday. really sore from lots of jumping yesterday. Did some hill walking this morning, seemed to actually stretch my calves a bit.

I hope everyone's doing well, on plan this week. Let's all have big losses this week, lose what we ate on Thanksgiving. and beat team Phenix!

katy trail
12-03-2010, 07:29 AM
:carrot: A quick update to say....I am soo pumped! I (and the scale) am feeling so close to the 170's! I think i may have some swelling from my calves. still really sore. Really, i almost always am happy when i get DOMS. delayed onset muscle soreness. At this point, my body is so used to doing certain exercises. so i try to mix it up. use more weight. do something i haven't done in awhile. so when i get DOMS, it's like my body is congratulating me, "hey thanks, that's what we (muscles) need to be doing!"
the more muscle, the better. rock on!

on a few tangents,
1. Isn't it weird how we react differently to DOMS on different areas of our body? in my thighs or booty it's like, Yes! in my arms, eh. or in my calves, just shoot me now! oh it hurts so much to walk. not surprisingly, the first two coorespond to how i feel about my body. wherever i really want to lose fat or inches, i want doms. in other places like my arms or upper abs, eh. hardly notice it too doing daily activities. but i want to work on my calves. but walking with severely is like walking on glass, so i just need to walk it out. remember i just woke up, so it's always worse when you've been sitting/still. not to scare off the begginers though, just have to be careful. anyone else notice this about their bodies? Is it hard or easy for you to get DOMS? do you hate or celebrate them?

so! i'm off to a hopefully great morning getting breakfast ready, kids on the bus. still have no idea how i wake up some mornings with OUT the alarm clock. didn't even go to bed that early.I'm the kind of person, that sleeps so hard, i often don't even hear the alarm or anything, untill i've gotten enough sleep. i'll just sleep through anything, especially when i'm really tired. thankfully, daddy is a lighter sleeper so at least someone heard when the kids were crying, when they were babies.

common people let's burn some fat!

JessieCat
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey Team
Surprisingly the scale keeps going down this week... but I haven't worked out in over a week. I am def down in calories. I think that I just gained a bunch of water weight from the holiday. My friend is coming tonight til monday. I may post my WI early (use tomorrow's WI) but I will def be posting it! I am hoping the scale keeps going down. TOM is over so no worries about packing on the pounds from that!

Only 2 more weeks for the challenge!!! I really want to get to my initial goal which was to lose 10 lbs for this challenge... I think I can do it! But I have got to step it up with the gym.

Do you ever just get tired of going to the gym? I got out of work out mode and it is so hard to get back into it...
good luck everyone this weekend!

katy trail
12-06-2010, 01:21 AM
i was thinking about my goals at the beginning of this challenge. since it's almost over, maybe i'm getting close to acheiving them. my main goal, which is more important to me than the weightloss, is making my lower body leaner. less fat. i recently measured, i think my legs and everything is still the same, but i have lost several inches just under my ribs. so once i can get my hips area toned, i can show off my hourglass figure. still have some time to take some inches off my legs. or at least tone my calves. all the jumping i've been doing lately, lol.

smisen
12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry for the missed WI ladies, I just couldn't bring myself to post the weight the scale said :( I really struggled this past week. Since getting my IUD (sorry, TMI!) a few months ago, I'm finding it much more difficult than ever to lose weight. So this past week was a, "Well, heck, if I'm not going to be able to lose weight, I might as well eat fast food for 3 meals a day..." kind of week.

I'm working on getting back on track today, reminding myself that my goal isn't just to lose weight - it's to get healthy and feel better about myself as well. I can work on both of those things with the same combination of diet and exercise, even if the number on the scale isn't going down. So for now, my focus is going to be on toning and getting stronger and healthier - no matter what the numbers say :)

JasonsLea
12-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey lovelies!

I hope everyone's week is going good so far. :)

Mine has been going great. I got a exercise buddy! :carrot:

We met (IRL) for the first time yesterday and went walking around a local lake. Tomorrow we are doing a workout video at her house. :D

So yeah, I'm happy!

:grouphug:

rainbowstripe
12-08-2010, 03:28 AM
smisen Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time. Did your doctor say the IUD would cause that kind of problem? Hang in there!

JasonsLea Yay! Exercise buddy sounds like fun! I would quite like one, but I think it's something I won't find...

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I know our chat doesn't move along that much but I think that we're still doing great as a team overall! Only a couple of weeks left now so lets make them count!

katy trail
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
i have to drop out of the challenge.

rainbowstripe
12-11-2010, 10:30 PM
katy trail Sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok.

Hey ladies, it's Sunday here so I'm weighing in. Happy to be posting a fairly decent loss as well.

audri8301
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I was just looking through the weigh-ins, which I have been doing even though I have been slow on the chat. What happened to our team??? We are down to like half or less than what we started with. Is that normal?

rainbowstripe
12-14-2010, 12:19 AM
audri I didn't do the last challenge, but apparently a lot of people dropped out of that one...so I'm guessing a similar thing happened this time? It's sad but at least some of us are still going!!

KimL1214
12-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Next challenge sign ups are HERE (click me!!!) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/219920-20-somethings-tbl-2011-new-years-challenge-sign-ups.html)

audri8301
12-19-2010, 11:02 AM
So I posted my final numbers this morning. I didn't want to do it because I was up from last week, but I felt like I had to to stay accountable. I think that my extra low number last week was a fluke because I had been sick with bronchitis and not moving around/eating much. This week I have eaten way too much. :-(

I know the challenge is ending, but my goal is to get back down to 175 before the end of the year and then really hit the road after New Year's to get rid of this last 40-50 pounds.

Good work ladies and hopefully I'll see some of you in the next challenge!

KimL1214
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM
In Between Challenges Chat Thread (Click Me) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/220142-20-something-tbl-between-challenges-chat.html)