Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hungry one day, but not the next--WHY?

OK, so yesterday I was starving STARVING. Today I'm feeling fine. And I don't know what the difference is.

I'm counting calories so I know that I've eaten just about the same amount both days. Plus, I'm a creature of habit so I had the same thing for bfast and lunch both days.

What gives???
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #2  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I do the exact same thing! I always thought it was TOM but I had a complete Hysterectomy so it's not that either...at least for me. Maybe it is some kind of body chemistry thing?? It's a quandary. On the crazy hungry day's I fix a cup of red seedless grapes and graze. Sometimes I have to do this twice a day. Earlier in the summer it was watermelon. Now that it is Autumn I guess I will have to find another seasonal fruit to eat on.
I also have noticed a hot drink helps with appetite. I like coffee, but they do have the sugar free cocoas. The main thing is I try to not eat after 7:00 pm.
I do go to bed hungry sometimes.
And then there are those day's I have to remind myself to eat. Weird!

goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

Goal4agirl--

Thanks for chipping in! Congratulations on your efforts so far! It's both comforting to know I'm not the only one out there that this happens to, and frustrating to know that after all of that effort it still happens!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'8

Depends what you ate the day before. happens to me to. sudden hunger pains. but after i eat. im full until the next day. did you eat something late at night? that could be it
fat chick 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

maybe it's not the calories per se but which type of food you had... i think fats makes you feel fuller for a longer time while veggies can make you hungry sooner.

mine is worse, i think... i don't have appetite during day time but come evening, i'm sooo hungry that i tend to eat most of my calories for dinner i'm trying to change this bad habit!
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #6  

Completely understand. This morning, all I wanted was a plate full of sausages. I was almost hurting for it. Of course, since we don't KEEP sausage in the house, I came home (from picking up kids at sleepover) and had something sensible. I think it's all part of retraining.
onobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #7  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

OMG, I was going through this a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know what was going on, ok I still don't, but I also was just exhausted, down to the bone malaise. I didn't have enough energy to exercise. I added a Vitamin B complex to my multivitamin and added a protein to my day. It's been a couple weeks but I finally feel like I have enough energy to exercise. So I am going back to it today and will do a protein shake after my workout. I don't know if it will work, but I am wondering now if I was shorting myself a protein. We will see. I hope so because I need to get moving again.

Diane
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #8  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

This happens to me all the time. I've looked for patterns in that day's food and exercise, previous days' food and exercise, changes in the weather...nothing. There are no "trigger foods," no excess of exercise on days before hungry days, no weird proportions of carbs to proteins to fats. If there's a pattern, it's invisible to me.

Weight loss isn't a consistent downward-trending line either, so maybe it makes a certain sort of sense that hunger varies as well.

What do you do when that happens to you? If it's at all late, I just try to go to sleep, as "grazing" on something very low-calorie doesn't work for me (I could eat an acre of mixed salad greens and not feel satiated despite feeling physically full). I wonder if it might not be a better idea to eat a small, but satisfying something even if it would put me over my target calories for the day.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Why does your car need fuel one day, but not the next?

Your body is a lot more complicated than a gas-powered engine. There are hundreds of variables that can increase and decrease appetite (and probably thousands more that scientists haven't discovered yet).

So many things can affect appetite - hormones, fatigue, exercise, sleep, food choices, illness, emotions, weather/temperature, odors, visual cues ....
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Why does your car need fuel one day, but not the next?

Your body is a lot more complicated than a gas-powered engine. There are hundreds of variables that can increase and decrease appetite (and probably thousands more that scientists haven't discovered yet).

So many things can affect appetite - hormones, fatigue, exercise, sleep, food choices, illness, emotions, weather/temperature, odors, visual cues ....
well said!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote