100 lb. Club - Surgery Update - food victory.

View Full Version : Surgery Update - food victory.

Beverlyjoy
10-19-2010, 06:32 AM
I have everything in place for my foot/ankle surgery - knee scooter, electric scooter, resting area ready, DH has time off, bills paid, arrangements for anything & everything, healthy food available etc. I am ready!

But, I had to cancel my foot/ankle surgery. :( I injured my good foot practicing getting out of a chair on one foot - a must for being non-weightbearing for three months. Gotta have have a healthy 'good foot' to proceed.- doctor said. Phooey. I want my life back! Hopefully, I can reschedule soon. I am anxious to resume my normal activities with family, friends, and my work!

This is absolutley exasperating. I am trying to beleive things happen for a reason. :?: Doctor and my mom said something that helps - that if I had gotten out of the chair wrong after my surgery, I would have had two injured feet/ankle. Better before than after and learn from my experience.

The good news is that I didn't overeat as I faced this stress and injury and desision. I weighed today and lost two pounds from the last time I weighed a couple of weeks ago. Am grateful for that. :)

mj5
10-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Oh Beverlyjoy, I am so sorry!!! CONGRATS on sticking to you plan, eating healthy AND losing 2lbs!!!

calluna
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Beverlyjoy, good luck with rescheduling your surgery, and congratulations on all the excellent planning!

time2lose
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Beverlyjoy, sorry to hear about this! I know that you just want to get the surgery behind you. How good to hear that you did not let the stress cause you to overeat. You are growing!

Beverlyjoy
10-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks Mj, Calluna and Timetolose for your kind words and support. Feels good. Life has been so uncertain lately!