Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Gazelle Edge

Hi, Chicks!

I bought myself a Gazelle Edge a while back and it's been in the basement collecting dust ever since. I had no issues with the machine, I've just rather lost all motivation lately.

I'm trying to get back into it.

My question is: IS the Gazelle a good piece of equipment? The reviews seem very mixed. My only experience with this machine is as a supplemental way to exercise when I was home for the holidays and didn't have access to the campus gym. For that purpose, running the thing 30-45 minutes a day seemed to at least help me maintain during the food-fest that is Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years.

Will 30 minutes a day on a Gazelle provide sufficient enough calorie burning to lose weight provided that I say on or below my BMR? Anyone had any major success with this thing?

Thanks for the advice!
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #2  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I own a Gazelle Edge, and I'm not convinced that it's the most fabulous piece of equipment ever, but it is definitely more effective than sitting on my butt!!! I never feel sore the day after using it (even for like an hour), but I feel some burn while I'm on it and I definitely sweat. It is going to help burn calories if the alternative to using it is you just sitting there doing nothing, so you should dust that thing off and hop on it. I haven't seen any huge changes from mine, but it's also a secondary form of exercise, there are other things I do more than use my gazelle.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I like mine. I increased the resistence by bungee cording the "legs" together and that really increased the workout for me and made it worth it. However the cords make it squeek. So, there are pros and cons to hacking your gazelle.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote