Metabolic Research Center - how many pounds lost??

View Full Version : how many pounds lost??

melmel
10-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Just wondering if everyone could post how much they have lost and how long it took to get there.. looking to loose about 10 before my bday Nov 5...MOTIVATION PLEASE!!:D

Sherral
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
86 days.....42 lbs. If you are just beginning, depending on your weight, you may be able to do it.

dkmd27
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
1st time...59# in 5 months.

2nd, 3rd times......still struggling............booooo

pbolton1
10-19-2010, 12:49 AM
First time, 95 lbs. in ten months. Second time, 20 lbs. in two months. Third times a charm, right? I hope so. Had some huge family trauma, quit going the last time (even signed up again when that time ran out but never went back). We have since moved across country, I've gained 50 back. Starting over. I kept it off for five years the first time. The key is that you have to stay on top of it forever. I lost track of that unfortunately.

milmin2043
10-19-2010, 04:34 AM
I have lost 53 lbs. in just a little over 4 months. However, this is not my first weight loss. I have done this a couple of times before and losing has always been the easiest part for me, it's the maintaining that's always gotten me. Hopefully this time around I have learned a lot more about maintenance and can stick with it.

hatethesweatpants
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
60lbs/6 mo. You can do it! It's easy if you stick to the plan. lol!

theycallmemom
10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
It amazes me how different we all are, my average is a pound a week, every once in a while I will loose 2, but those are few and far between. But the important thing according to my doc anyway is - slow and steady.

Joy2MeNu
10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
65 lbs between Aug 09 to Jan 10 (5 months), and back to it and now moving down again!

Razorbackbritt
10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
14.5 pounds in 39 days. :-) It comes off .5 to 1 pound at a time, but a loss is a loss. I am looking to lose weight, not change overnight. You can do it!

tambolina
10-19-2010, 12:55 PM
18 pounds in 6 weeks. so far lost 25 inches and my fat % is down quite a bit (although I don't remember right off the top of my head).

Junie04
10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I have lost 50 pounds in 5 months!

teacherlady79
10-19-2010, 02:25 PM
20.5 lbs in 1.7months (51 days total).

It's slowing down a bit now, but it's mostly my own fault--going off plan here and there.

carolinagirlnc
10-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Started February 9th just over 8 months, 90.5 lbs, 30? lbs to go. Lost about 87.5 inches total.

Nicmom24
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm averaging around 1-1.5 pounds lost per week. With a up some, down some pattern. One month in, I'm down 4 pounds (up a 1/2 on weigh in this week) and they say I've lost 16 inches and my tanita reading showed body fat down a few percentage points but I'm not sure how true that is. My clothes aren't that much looser.

The person I had for this last weigh in I had never had before and I didn't really care much for her. I mentioned that I didn't expect to be down given that I was on vacation the week before and didn't stay completely on plan..I did my best but eating out for every meal for 4 days makes it challenging. I also mentioned that I would be happy as long as I keep losing about a pound a week. She was all, "Well, you'll have to lose more than that or you won't make your goal." OK, whatever, I'd still be ok with a pound a week as it's more than I was getting on my own. Then she asked me if I needed more product. I told her no..she started counting things up. I told her I had supplies from elsewhere. She didn't much like that at all. Guess I"ll have to buy some token product from the center rather than getting it all online.

Joy2MeNu
10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm averaging around 1-1.5 pounds lost per week. With a up some, down some pattern. One month in, I'm down 4 pounds (up a 1/2 on weigh in this week) and they say I've lost 16 inches and my tanita reading showed body fat down a few percentage points but I'm not sure how true that is. My clothes aren't that much looser.

The person I had for this last weigh in I had never had before and I didn't really care much for her. I mentioned that I didn't expect to be down given that I was on vacation the week before and didn't stay completely on plan..I did my best but eating out for every meal for 4 days makes it challenging. I also mentioned that I would be happy as long as I keep losing about a pound a week. She was all, "Well, you'll have to lose more than that or you won't make your goal." OK, whatever, I'd still be ok with a pound a week as it's more than I was getting on my own. Then she asked me if I needed more product. I told her no..she started counting things up. I told her I had supplies from elsewhere. She didn't much like that at all. Guess I"ll have to buy some token product from the center rather than getting it all online.

I have NEVER gotten that pushy guilt job from my center. When you tell them you don't need anything, and that should be that! Don't let anyone, not anyone, force you to do something that isn't necessary.

GoalAug2010
10-19-2010, 04:57 PM
60#'s in 7 months, averaged 2# a week pretty consistently.

shannysmomma
10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I have lost 85 lbs in 5 months. I think that my body has reached a plateau because over the past couple weeks my losses have been less than usual and sometimes I haven't lost anything. I have lost 67.25 inches though so it might be my body just trying to catch up with this huge loss. I don't really like plateaus but if this is necessary for my body then I'm fine with it.

atvrider
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I just started MRC and do my first weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm on the preconditioning menu, any suggestions on being hungry late afternoon/early evenings? I'm finding that while I'm making dinner I'm having a hard time staying focused and not munching. It would be great to hear different things you all ate during this time.

spryng
10-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I just finished pc on friday and if I got hungry I would munch on some raw veggies between meals, waldon farms creamy bacon was great to dip my mushrooms or cauliflower in :)

melmel
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
WOW!! It seems like you have ALL had lots of success! I paid for 17 weeks and just did not commit fully.. now I am preconditioning again and plan on trying to loose as much as I can. What about exercising? Have you lost without it?
Thanks for all your help!!;)

atvrider
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
I just finished pc on friday and if I got hungry I would munch on some raw veggies between meals, waldon farms creamy bacon was great to dip my mushrooms or cauliflower in :)

Thanks for the suggestions....this is my 3rd day, doing good through out the day but man by the time I get home, I'm starving. I will try the veggie idea. How long have you been on the program?

atvrider
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
WOW!! It seems like you have ALL had lots of success! I paid for 17 weeks and just did not commit fully.. now I am preconditioning again and plan on trying to loose as much as I can. What about exercising? Have you lost without it?
Thanks for all your help!!;)

I have lost 64lbs over the last year on my own doing weight watchers. I did excercise during that time but not a ton. I'm frustrated and need some accountability to lose the rest of my weight. Currently, I'm doing aerobics 2 times a week and Zumba 2 times a week.....we'll see if that kicks it. I've read that excercise is 30% of weight loss and food is 70%....don't know if its accurate but something to think about. Good luck!

teacherlady79
10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I just started MRC and do my first weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm on the preconditioning menu, any suggestions on being hungry late afternoon/early evenings? I'm finding that while I'm making dinner I'm having a hard time staying focused and not munching. It would be great to hear different things you all ate during this time.

Snacking on veggies or cheese sticks helps. I was starving and miserable during my preconditioning--I was so close to giving up, worried that I would be starving all the time for 17 weeks.

But it gets better! The protein supplements, portioning, and timing of the meals helps a lot once you start on your actual menu. I promise. :)

Rebajetgirl
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Started Jan 14, 2010 and lost 70 pounds by May 14th. As of now I still am down 70 +/- 2 pounds. You can do it!!!

spryng
10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions....this is my 3rd day, doing good through out the day but man by the time I get home, I'm starving. I will try the veggie idea. How long have you been on the program?

I've been on the program for 14 days as of today.. 1 week of pc and 1 week on the yellow and blue menus.. monday I start the green :)

melmel
10-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I am in SHOCK with the amounts of weight loss being 85 in such a short time.. and 70 in 5 months!! How is it coming off so fast??

hatethesweatpants
10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Stay on plan. Don't go off. Don't cheat yourself!

Rebajetgirl
10-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Measure, measure, stay on plan.....pretty simple.

tmarshall
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I started June 9, and as of WI today, I'm down 69 lbs, yeah!

melmel
10-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok, so I cheated a little.. I ate some chips with bean dip..:mad: Not a huge amount but a couple handfuls.. and for some reason after I ate sirloin steak lastnight, which is on plan.. i felt like i cheated..I am afraid the combo of both is going to set me back.. just when i lost 4.5 in preconditioning in 4 days..
WHAT TO DO??

LindseyLou
10-24-2010, 10:02 PM
It's been about 1 month (33 days to be exact) and I've lost 10.6 pounds so far!

ImOverIt
11-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Day 22 and down 16.5 lbs - woohoo!!

namaste1969
11-14-2010, 02:25 AM
I started MRC at the very end of April 2010. I've lost 42.5 lbs since then. I've never lost very quickly. I feel like I adhere to the program well. Even though it is taking me longer than most...I am THRILLED with my total weight loss. I haven't been able to have this amount of success in over 11 years!
My weight loss is better when I do exercise.
I also wonder if age is a factor in the speed of weight loss. I'm turning 41 in month.
Yay to everyone!!!

patzi
11-14-2010, 09:29 AM
From September 6th, 11 pounds and 20 1/4 inches. I seem to be in a stall now, but it will turn around , I am sure. You can do it, just stay focused and on program. This is a great group for motivation.

I lose maybe 1 pound a week, not the 2-3, but as long as it is something, that is towards my goal. I am happy with it.

Good luck to you.
Patzi

Nicmom24
11-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I started MRC at the very end of April 2010. I've lost 42.5 lbs since then. I've never lost very quickly. I feel like I adhere to the program well. Even though it is taking me longer than most...I am THRILLED with my total weight loss. I haven't been able to have this amount of success in over 11 years!
My weight loss is better when I do exercise.
I also wonder if age is a factor in the speed of weight loss. I'm turning 41 in month.
Yay to everyone!!!

You might be on to something. I turn 41 in December also and my loss has also been on the slow side.

Sherral
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Age plays a factor in this, no doubt about it. Weight used to fall off of me when I would diet, now it comes off sooooo slow. I also can feel my metabolism slowing form the program. Since mid june I have lost a little over 50. I started on South Beach, and after a couple of weeks realized I need more structure. I am hoping to get to onderland by my cruise on Dec 3, we are going for a three day cruise. I don't think it will be possible but I am going to try. I do know I will not be on program while on vacation and will have to deal with a gain when I come back. I have been dragging my feet with the exercise but I am definately starting a plan when I get back.

Rocki
11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
I lost 46 lbs in 6-7 months. I'm back again b/c I gained 1/2 back after keeping it off for almost 2 years! :(

ladystarrider
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Seven months, 50 pounds lost.

ImOverIt
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Seven months, 50 pounds lost.

WooHoo ladystarrider!! Way to go!! :carrot:

Hvnlymzic
11-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I lost 90lbs in 9 months in 2007. Then lost 50 in 6 months here in 2010. MRC totally works if you stick to it :) Good luck on your goals.