Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 02:07 AM   #1  

Default Thursday October 31~~Happy Halloween!!

Hello Everyone,

Hey Leens, I am here ....third post this week I am trying to be good

Hope everyone is doing well today, I for one have a busy day...dentist, therapy, volunteering and then running home to get ready for all those little cuties that will be knocking at my door. We usually get about 70 to 80 kids depending on the weather.

I sure hope two of those cuties are my grandchildren...dil doesn't always feel she has to stop by even though they live two minutes away. My granddaughter said, (she is only 5) "grandma, we are going to try and come over for Halloween, but mommy is sometimes a pooper" You gotta love that!!! Amazing how they can pick up on these things so young

Anyway, hope you have a great day!!!

Meg
Old 10-31-2002, 08:03 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Its about time someone gave me a break - Thanks Meg.

I'm glad to see your still hanging with us. Kids are cute. One time my sister was sick and her daughter (4 years old) went in her room and said "mommy, what can I do to make you feel better?" so my sister said how about rubbing my leg.... My neice then says "can I send you a get well card instead?" 4 years old.... gotta love em.

Nothing new here, I'm leaving work around 2:30 to get Grace dressed in her butterfly costume and to take pictures of the kids.
Thats my excitement for the day the butterfly costume is soooo cute.

Have a great day and stay away from the candy...yeah right !

Love Leenie
Old 10-31-2002, 08:45 AM   #3  

Talking Trick or Treat!

Working days today...so up early like the rest of you and dressed even

DD 4 is a barbie 50's girl....dad is helping at her kindergarten party.

DD 10 has no school party but is dracula's countess???

Hubby is taking care of supper tonight so when I get home I get to do the makeup and then walk around in the -10-13 weather....for a while, then it is his turn.

Have a great day everyone!

Liz
Old 10-31-2002, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Hey gang!

I couldn't get into 3fatchicks yesterday at all??? but it looks like everybody else did? was the site down yesterday or was it just me???

Kemp - that big round orange thing is called the SUN. I remember it from stories told to me many years ago. hahahahaha Isn't it wonderful to see the sun shining again! Oh it is beautiful - clear and crisp here and most important of all ... the sun is SHINING!

By the way Kemp, are you and your hubby both from California? or just hubby? were you born and raised here? I would imagine that living here in Louisiana would be quite different from California, but I'm really only guessing because I've never been anywhere but here. And just curious....what type of job do you have?

Sounds like the rest of you guys are busy with your little trick or treaters today. Leens, the butterfly costume sounds too cute!!! can we see a pic when you get the time???

Liz - you too - pictures of those beautiful girls if you can. You sure sound like a busy mom these days!

Linda - doesn't sound like you are doing any trick or treating at that job of yours - grrrrrrr - tell them to give you a break!

Where is tip??? did she take to painting in the nude and having so much fun that she has forgotten all about us?

We have no trick or treaters at my house, because my guys are 18 and 14, and hey with teenagers every day is a trick or treat anyway! ;-) but they will be helping at the Fall Festival at church tonight. We usually have around a 1000 kids that come thru our gym for all the fun and festivities. It is a good, safe time for everybody!

I hope everybody has a great, safe day!

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-31-2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #5  

I guess I will have to work all day. I don't have any kids to get off work for. I am going to run to the store, for some reason I don't think I have enought candy. I bet we won't even get that many kids and I will have to eat it all. I don't know if that is bad or good.

Liz - what r u dressed as?

Leen - i would like to see the pics too.

Meg - I am new to this board and I don't think I have seen you b4 so HI!

Cathy - Hubby grew up in CA but went to UNO on a track scholarship. It is really diff. in CA. We go out once a year to visit his mom and I can't wait to get home. Everyone is in such a hurry. I Was born in Virginia but have been in Ponchatoula since I was 4. So I guess I can claim this place. Do you really want ot know what I do for a living? OK here it goes, I am the Executive Director of a fitness center. Trust me I am not some buff little thing. I really need this site and it is helping. It is nice to have people to talk to that have similar problems as me.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:58 AM   #6  

Default I'm here.. before it gets nutso

Morning Ladies,

Meg about time you showed up .. where are my home baked cookies??

Leens, I wanna see the bambino butterfly!!

Lizzy, 10-13 weather? I think I would arrange for a Halloween party for the kids in a WARM home. lol

Cathy, it was just you.. you are special.

Kem, I know what you mean about everyone being in a hurry. People here just don't slow down for anything.. hate that part.

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods today other than work stuff. A few people have brought in homemade Halloween treats. Yes, I am going to have some.. I am not into deprivation, but rather into having small occasional portions of treats! I haven't had any halloween candy this week at all, so today I'll have few.. it all balances out in the end. A lady here made homemade blueberry coffeecake and homemade mocha cupcakes... I went for the cupcake.. I'll just make adjustments to the rest of my day to allocate for it.. no harm, no foul. The VP I work for just came into my office in this GOD Awful suit... blue suit with yellow and red and lighter blue plaid stripes!! Platform shoes and Puka Shells. He said he is dressed up as a Sales Rep.. I told him he looked like a Disco King...

Weekend is only 1.5 days away. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And no I don't have trick or treaters or buy candy. The doorbell drives my cat bats*** and she tries to escape when I open the door.

Well I had beetter whoosh.. talk later
Old 10-31-2002, 01:05 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem thats so cool you work in a fitness cntr. Now your going to get hammered with exercise questions...so let me be the first

I have a really bad back, I mean real bad. My hubby just purchase one of those huge exercise balls.... whats a good exercise to do on those things ? also whats good to do w/out the ball.... remember I have no strength in my body.

Oh this is great !!

Love, Leenie
Old 10-31-2002, 01:13 PM   #8  

Leen - they sell videos for those balls, it should have come with a manual too. What typ of thing r u looking to do? Stretch or abs? Have you ever had masage therapy? It works wonders if you have the right person working on you. What happened to you back. That would help me a little more.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:56 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem,
Well hubby got the ball from a fitness place, and nope no video.
I have deterorating disc disease, arthritis and bone spirs in my back... I feel and move like I'm 80. Right now I guess I'm looking for stretches....def not aerobics...arthritic knees too... Yes I'm shot lolololololol. I have a HUGE belly so abs ?? would it help at this point... Guess it couldn't hurt huh lol.

Huggs !!
Closed Thread