WW Clubs and Groups - #241 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

View Full Version : #241 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 07:23 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Turtles,
We had gotten long. Check back in #240 because there are a lot of really good posts there.
Today has been a good day and I got to walk again today. Good luck to us all! :goodvibes:
Judy
234.6/191.8/170's by Halloween :cool:

Princess1122
10-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Good morning all!

The temps are falling here and the Autumn weather is settling in... hard to believe the summer is over. Work has been really stressful for me for the past couple of weeks so I am trying really hard not to over eat since I don't have the smoking to fall back on anymore - to be honest with the meds right now I am just trying not to gain and will continue on that path till I get off of them. DH and I are starting to do a couple of things at the gym though and that is a step in the right direction.

I am leaving work early today to go see my hair-dresser, badly in need of a cut and color, way over due but things have been crazy and every extra penny has gone to the bathroom remodel so this is the first chance I have gotten. They are scheduled to start the bathroom this coming Monday - we are super excited!

Looks like D-DIL is going to follow the family pattern and the baby will be very big! DS was 11 lbs when he was born and his father was 13 lbs when he was born - D-DIL is going to carry on the tradition I think since she is measuring at least 30 weeks now and she is actually only 25. So it looks like a big bouncing baby boy for us... LOL!

Bandit: You did awesome as far as I am concerned! Getting thru a holiday with no gain is fantastic! Congrats and enjoy your time with your GF. I agree - the repair company seems totally disinterested also. The washing machine is behaving for now - ugh - it never acts up when the repair people are there but to be honest when it is behaving it is one less thing I need to worry about and I am all for that right now - the huge stress from the job is enough and about all I can handle right now.

Judy: Your costumes sound fantastic... how creative you are and what good sport your DH must be... LOL - my DH would never go for that, but he does not really like to dress up anyway. Im sorry you had a down day, I totally understand how you feel though, I am getting them a lot lately but I think it is the medicine that I am taking - very eager to get off of it. Take care of yourself!

Kim: Sounds like you are doing really well! I would love to eat a vegetarian diet but lack the will-power... LOL. Yep, the washing machine is misbehaving like a small child right now... ugh, too bad it is a much needed item. Good luck with being a guardian, you really are a special person to take on such a large responsiblity.

Live4evr, Peanut, Cherry, Tessa and all of your new Turtles... have a great day!

KimL1214
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Princess1122~ Quitting smoking is hard enough, trying to lose weight makes things even harder, you're doing AWESOME!!! Congrats on another baby boy! Will-power wavers whenever I smell something with meat in it, but so far, so good...

bandit2~ Congrats on getting your button! Not seeing a gain in 6 weeks is GREAT, CONGRATS!

Itryharder~ Thank you! How are you doing today?

Things keep changing with my friends daughter. Now the state doesn't want to pull her, but wants immediate respite care available just in case, so I have been asked to do that. They had me sign everything, so if something happens and they do pull her, I can take her in immediately and she won't have to go into the system. I still have a hard time believing that this is all happening, my friend is a wonderful person and doesn't deserve to be persecuted like this, but the state has pretty much made up their minds for now and they're going to look REALLY stupid when everything comes out...
ANYWAYS!!!
Still no meat... I had a stir fry at the restaurant during work last night and as I stood in front of the computer screen to order it, my finger kept wandering from the veggie stir fry to the chicken stir fry... but it ended on the veggie. They're cooking meatloaf for school lunch today, and the smell of it keeps making me salivate. Surprisingly our school lunches are pretty good. The new company in charge only buys local products and has specific nutrition guidelines they follow so all the food is pretty healthy. No white bread or pasta, nothing fried, and a full salad bar every day. Where was all this when I went to school?
Happy Tuesday everyone!

CherryAutumn
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Still here and trying to hang on and do my best. Good to read everyones posts. I will check back on the old one and make sure i didnt miss any.

Itryharder
10-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Turtles,
had a really nice day today. And thanks for the comments about me feeling sad. I know lots of this is due to the shorter days and less sunlight, but I need to keep on top of it.

Went to my writing group, then my dgfriend took me out for lunch for my belated :hb: I had a mushroom/eggwhite omelet and a piece of Whole Wheat toast. Yummy, and program friendly! We had a nice long chat. We've been friends for over 40 years. My word. does that even seem possible?
Okay---gotta run.
Cherry, keep on reading and doing your best.
Princess, yeah---I get it. Chantix is fabulous at getting people off smoking and you're to be commended for that. it will make your overall health so much better, but I know it's a drug that can have complications.
New baby to be is sounding so wonderful!
KimL, you've got a lot on your plate right now. I feel for that little child and your friend, but they are super lucky to have you in their lives.
Hey, good luck on the vegetarian thing! I'm cutting back, but I like your approach.
Bandit, enjoy your time with your friend. And :bravo: for no gains up at TOPS. Weigh to go!

Gotta run, but want to wish lots of success to Aliez, Tessa, Mrs. Tho, and all the gals. We're doing great.

Judy

life4evr
10-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey hope everyone is having a good day. Just a quick note before I go to study and then go see my grandma. She is conscious and breathing on her own so we are happy for that.

In other news:
So I had clincals today, which I usually have a not so good lunch, sweet potatoes fries are my weakness. I am pretty sure my body is about to starve by the time I eat lunch. So my exercise was in spurts today, alot of walking today. I tracked how many points two tbs of reduced fat peanut butter was and my feelings were very hurt. So I am going to have to rethink this whole peanut butter thing. I don't eat it often Hmm I think that's it for me.

Hope everyone has a goodnight.

peanutt
10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Just popping in to say hi! I hit my 10% goal on my Sunday weigh-in!!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'll be back later in the week to catch up on everyone's posts and updates. :)

Itryharder
10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Peanutt, weigh to go! :goodscale: and :bravo: :cheer: :carrot: :dancer::dance: :balloons:
10% is wonderful! Keep up the good work. This is fantastic! Can you give us an idea of what you're eating involves? You're doing great.
Judy

alliez
10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I made myself go to my meeting yesterday and glad that I did. I was up 1.2lbs. Yesterday at our meeting we talked about how easy it is to skip WI when you know you gained, and how much more important those meetings are than the meetings you attend with you lose. Really an eye-opener for me. I guess I knew that, but never really thought of it in that persepective.

I am continuing the walking, since Sunday I am up to 8.5 miles for the week. Going to try to get in 4 today, will have to see how the evening goes.
Here's to a back on track week and a 2lb loss to make up for the 1lb I gained this week!

Itryharder
10-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Smart thinking, Alliez!

I had my WW WI today and stayed the same. I had a great week, food wise, but my exercise had slacked off. Here's to abetter WI next week.
Judy

Princess1122
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi all, this is just a real quick fly-by to say hello and to read the posts and see what is going on... I can't stay but a quick minute but will stop back by when I have more time...

Take care and have a happy day all!
Princess

KimL1214
10-20-2010, 10:07 PM
CherryAutumn~ :hug:

Itryharder~ Hey, staying the same is better than seeing a gain (haha, I'm a poet, and didn't know it!)! Great job this week staying OP with food!!!

life4evr~ I'm a peanut butter lover too, but can't keep it in the house, otherwise I'd sit on the couch with a spoon every night... Sweet potato fries are a better choice than regular fries!

peanutt~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! :congrat:

alliez~ Great job getting yourself to your weigh in and AMAZING job with your walking!!!

Princess1122~ :wave:

TOM is kicking my butt right now!!! I posted all the new 20-somethings challenge stuff, came home and had some crackers and cheese, and CRASHED for about an hour. This is going to be my biggest challenge with not eating meat, as TOM is always a time when I crave red meat big time. I'm not sure if it's because my iron count is normally low, and drops very low when I have TOM, or if it's just a habit I've developed over the years. I have been borderline anemic for years, but my iron count is never quite low enough for me to go on meds. I've been taking some extra iron vitamins since dropping meat from my diet, but does anyone have any other ideas of how I can pump some more iron into my daily food?
Happy almost Thursday...

Princess1122
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi Everyone! Another busy day here for me - I only have a quick minute before I have to get off of here and get to a meeting but wanted to say hi!

TOPS meeting and W/I tonight - I just don't want another gain - that would make me happy! 4 weeks on the meds down - 8 more to go before I can start to tapper off.

Best wishes to everyone facing challenges, W/I's, stress, etc. have a great day all!

Itryharder
10-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi Princess, :goodscale: tonight! I'm sending you the best. And congrats on getting in the meds and quitting smoking. Fab!

KimL, whoa! That's a toughie. Of course lean red meat and chicken and some shellfish are good sources of iron, but since you're going vegetarian, I looked up some plant sources for you. I found tofu, lentils, beans, dark green leafy vegs, dried fruit, spinach and broccoli, blackstrap molasses and iron-fortified cereals. I don't know if you are still eating eggs, but the yolk of an egg also has iron. Hope this helps. You're doing great! :chef:

So far, so good today. Dh and I walked on the boardwalk :beach: and then went to our local pizzeria and local Chinese take-out place to order in some food for our party. Ooooh, the smells were so delicious, but we both resolved to come home and eat right. It was not easy to do, but we did it and now we're only a couple of hours away from dinner. I'm trying the Sandra Lee recipe for Black Bean Burgers. I'll let you know if they taste good or not. Think I'll have a sweet potato with it and I'll make a nice little salad for high nutrients. Yay! Oh, I am trying so hard to follow advice my WW leader offered years ago. I am trying to eat only when I'm sitting. Wow! That is so tough, but I'm doing it. It is amazing how often tidbits of food find their way into my mouth when I am not even aware of it. Another habit to transform.

:goodvibes: to us all. The sun here is lovely today! :cheer: to us all!
Judy

peanutt
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM
KimL - I think there are some foods that are not only a source of iron but aid the body in iron absorption. Sorry, I don't really know details. Beyond that I think beans, lentils and dark green veggies are good iron sources.

Judy - Here's a typical day of eating for me and some other info about what I'm doing...
Breakfast - activia yogurt cup and kashi go lean cereal (5 points)
Snack - fiber 1 bar (2)
Lunch - usually leftovers from supper the night before (5-10), cucumbers (0) and baby carrots (0) or fruit (1-2)
Snack - olive oil and rosemary triscuits (2), light laughing cow cheese (1)
Supper - most suppers I make are anywhere from 5-10 points per meal. Tonight we had santa fe chicken (3) with rice (4). Sometimes salad or cooked veggies on the side (1-2 points).
Evening snacks might be free veggies, celery with peanut butter, almonds, 2 point thin chocolate bar treats, popcorn, rice cakes, or fruit depending on how the rest of the day has gone.

I'm walking at least once a day (30-45 minutes at lunch and/or 45-60 minutes in the evening with the dog). I'm doing weight training 3 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. For cardio I'm working on the elliptical at a high intensity (based on monitoring my heart rate). I usually don't use more than 10 of my weekly points and haven't yet used my activity points.

Princess1122
10-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday to everyone!

It is cold here... ugh, just not really ready for the weather to make the big shift but I guess it is rather I am ready or not... LOL.

DH and I have a busy weekend ahead with chores, errands and also some fun stuff planned.

Went to W/I last night but the meeting was cancelled because the leader was sick. I was down .6 so was happy about that. Nothing major but at least it was not a 5+ lb gain like the last time I W/I. Will keep chugging forward.

Kim: Low iron - Ugh I have struggled with that for a very long time - actually my iron levels are not too bad it is my ferritin level that is very low - that shows the level of your bodys ability to store iron, it appears that I don't have that ability. Do some research online for low iron and ferritin levels while on a vegetarion diet, it is not hard to find things that have a high content in them but you have to keep at it. The suggestions of the other turtles are all good. The key is what to eat or not eat with the iron rich foods or supplements. Vit C needs to be consumed when you take an iron pill or eat your food, it helps for your body to absorb better. While Calcium and Caffine are huge no no's while you are consuming your iron, it renders it useless and it basically pass's right out of your body with out you getting the benefits from any of it. Hope this helps! I take my supplement (slowfe) after my lunch when I have not had calcium or caffine and I take at least one vit c with it.

Judy: Good for you! You are showing such will power! I just know your party will be a huge success! I eat standing up a lot... will have to try that tip!

Bandit: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Peanut: Sounds like you are doing great! My daily menu looks a lot like yours!

Life4evr: Hope you are doing well!

Cherry: I hope that you are hanging in there!

Alliez: Welcome to our group! we are thrilled to have you with us! I agree with what you said, I avoid W/I when I have not done well... LOL - guess I just don't want to see the proof of my issues :dizzy: You sound like you are doing great though!

Hope I did not forget anyone! Have a great day all!
Princess

Itryharder
10-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Peanutt, thanks so much for the outline of your eating plan. It's really well balanced and something I can adapt to my own needs. Always great to see how others are doing. I also appreciate the amount of exercise you're doing and how that would make a big difference. I am definitely going to do my toning tape again today. Thanks! :exercise:

Princess, :goodscale: weigh to go! :bravo: and :cheers: This is a great loss because it's in the right direction and you're on meds. Shows you're doing lots of things right! Onward and downward we all go.
I like all your advice about iron. I haven't had that problem since I entered menopause, but feeling anemic and keeping up iron levels can really be tough.

KimL, don't you love this site? There's always someone who can help us out----with menus, recipes :chef:, advice or :cheers:

Bandit, how is your new TOPS group working out?

Cherry and Mrs. Tho and Tessa and all the Turtles, :goodvibes: and have a great weekend.

We've got a quiet weekend planned. May catch a soccer game for my grandson on Sunday and then catch dinner out. On the other hand, I may just bring a crockpot dinner with me for me and anyone else who wants it. I'll see-----I need to stay on track all the time since I know I can lose weight this week. Yay!

:grouphug: and :balloons: to all of us.
Judy

bandit2
10-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi turtles - I have been super busy this week with my gf being here until this a.m. Nice to see all the postings.

Peanutt - congrats on making your 10% that is awesome

Princess - glad to hear you were down at the scales.

I have kept busy this week with extra walking/swimming and last night we went bowling after my meeting.

I was really surprised to be down 3.75# this week, with having company all week. But as I said, my gf is pretty healthy eater and we did get in lots of exercise, so that really helped. My pattern seems to be every 3rd week a nice drop then piddle around the other 2.

It is cold up here and this a.m. I actually seen snow crystals coming down.

My gf left this a.m. so back to normal around here. My dd coming Sunday for visit and sleepover, so looking forward to that. I don't the dance that is being held this weekend, so planning on skipping that. So maybe will have a couple of quiet days & get my menus planned for next week.

All - have a great weekend.

Princess1122
10-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Bandit: A HUGE congrats to you! You deserve it!

Itryharder
10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Bandit, weigh to go! What a fabulous weight loss. And with company with you=-what an accomplishment. :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :carrot: :dancer: :exercise: Good to know your weight loss pattern. That's a lot of weight in a month, but if you got discouraged over the piddling weeks, you could easily give up and give in and not have the nice loss. This is great!
Judy
234.6/191.8/17-'s by Halloween :cool:

KimL1214
10-22-2010, 03:05 PM
bandit2~ :congrat:

Itryharder~ If you bring a crockpot dinner, what will you bring? How were the black bean burgers?

Princess1122~ What fun stuff do you have planned for this weekend?

peanutt~ Awesome job with your walking!!!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

I had a little too much fun last night with some friends, and definitely drank way too many points. Bonus tot he night was that I made sure I brought the main dish, eggplant parm, so I didn't have to worry about being tempted by something meaty.
Gotta get ready for work! NEA days were yesterday and today, so no school, but still working at the restaurant this weekend!
Happy Friday!

life4evr
10-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey hope everyone is well. Todays eating has been so so. Overslept so I ate at the school caf, but instead of having two slices of pizza, I just had one cheese with a salad. Which is major for me, lol cause I really like pizza and usually eat two slices easily. Well that's about it. Hope everyone had a good week.

LaurenH
10-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi, everyone -- just a fly-by for me. You're all doing so well! That's so heartening. I'm up and down and up and down and up ... and heading back down again. Vacations! They wreak havoc. But I'm keeping at it.

DH is living most of the week at his mom's right now; she fell and broke her ankle. Bad osteoporosis. We're hoping she'll be able to be on her own soon, but she's still in a wheelchair. So I only see him on weekends.

Had a wonderful trip to the Adirondacks, as we do every fall. Now paying the piper -- credit card and gained weight. But it was all worth it!

Have a great day, everyone.

Onward and downward,

Lauren

bandit2
10-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi turtles:

Thanks to all for the encouraging words, you guys are awesome!

Lauren - nice to see you chiming in and your trip sounds amazing.

Kim - I know about the too many points for your drinks. The last few weeks I have limited those but it isn't easy for sure.

Sunny and cold up here. Today I am planning on raking up more leaves (have 7 bags already) and get those out for pickup on Tuesday. When my gf was here she dealt with front garden she had planted for me - so was good I left it since I would have pulled out everything instead off just cutting off - she is the gardener not me. So that is all done.
Sure is lots to do with having a house sometimes.
My trailer is all closed up and winterized, so thats it til spring for up there.

Hope you are all staying on programme. Our next challenge is getting through Halloween - I am not buying treats til next Saturday, too tempting to taste-test everything.

All - have a great weekend!

peanutt
10-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh, I'm glad you mentioned Halloween! I meant to post about this because it was something I thought you folks might be interested in.

I was at Costco last week and noticed that in and among the Halloween candy they also had packages of cards and toys. There was one big package of small decks of cards (Old Maid, Crazy 8's, etc. themed decks). There was another package of things like bouncy balls, those sticky hands, mini slinkys, glo-stick bracelets, dinky cars, etc. We don't get enough trick or treaters to justify buying the Costco sized boxes of these things, but I'm planning on going to the dollar store to pick up something similar along with some Silly Bandz. We'll still buy and give out some candy, but it will definitely be less than in previous years.

Princess1122
10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi all and happy Saturday to everyone! Cloudy but warmer here today, they are calling for rain tomorrow and since today is packed with Chores and Errands there will be no leaf raking this weekend, it will just have to wait till next weekend. The washing machine is down for the count so we had to add a trip to the laundrymatt to our list. We are hoping to go and see the movie "Red" later this afternnon and then on to a friends football game. Cycling class tomorrow morning and either the kids are coming for football snacks/lunch tomorrow and if they dont then I will head up to my knitting group. I finished the baby blanket and a pretty warm neck scarf type thing, now I am working on a hat for DH.

Bandit: Having a good friend over for a while is such a fantastic thing and I am so glad that you got the chance to spend time with her... Good luck raking those leaves... LOL - I get a pass this weekend on that chore. Hope you have a great weekend!

Kim: Well we have lots of stuff planned for this weekend - LOL - some fun and some not so fun but it is always productive and they makes me happy. How about you? Anything planned for the weekend? I rarely drink but every now and then I have a glass of wine and I know it is something that I really have to count on because the points add up super fast... glad you had a good time though and congrats on making the main dish!

Peanut: What a great idea for Halloween give-aways! We bought our candy already - today actually - I had to hide it from DH or it would be half gone, like Bandit I usually wait till closer but they were having a sale and the selection was getting picked over so I grabbed it today.

Judy: So what is on your menu for this years Halloween Party? They always sound like soooo much fun! Do you still do the mystery parties? Those sound like a blast also.

Lauren!!! How good to hear from you and best wishes to your MIL for a speedy recovery! Has to be hard with DH away so much of the time. Your vacations sound amazing though!

Life4evr: congrats on the only one slice! Wow, that is huge, I won't even go into how many of pieces of pizza I could chow down on... LOL - I could do some serious damage! Great job though!

I have to run... lots to do but wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing.
Princess

CherryAutumn
10-24-2010, 09:06 PM
After basically a few months of maintaining the same weight i think that i actually GAINED weight. GAHHHHHH! It is so frustrating but i dont have the option to give up. I have three babies that need me and i can barely take care of them because i am so tired and out of breath all the time and i hurt. I read everyones posts and I am so proud of you all.

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.

KimL1214
10-24-2010, 10:39 PM
CherryAutumn~ :hug::hug::hug:

Princess1122~ My weekend actually ended up a lot busier then I had planned, but I had lots of fun! How did your weekend turn out overall?

peanutt~ That's a great idea to not bring a lot of candy in the house! I'm going to try to talk my parents into doing the same thing, so I'm not constantly sneaking pieces out of the bowl!

bandit2~ Sounds like you've had some very productive days! How did the rest of your weekend go?

LaurenH~ Good to hear you had fun in the Adirondacks! Sorry to hear about your DH's mom, hope she feels better soon!

life4evr~ Good job at the school caf! I have to avoid our cafeteria at school, cuz their food always smells AMAZING...

The weekend sure went by quick! I'm excited for this week though, because my sisters and I are going to spend next weekend in Plattsburgh tearing things up! I have to do some serious planning ahead of time though!
I haven't had any meat in over a week, but I'll be breaking that tomorrow as my parents brought lobster back for me from Maine. For some reason I don't really feel bad about that though... :dizzy:
Have a great week everyone!

Princess1122
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday! It is a very cloudy day here, warmer though.

Well today they start the rip-out on the bathroom... I am really keeping my fingers crossed that this all goes as planned with nothing major going wrong - as it is our only bathroom LOL.

The washing machine repair person is due to come out again tomorrow in the late afternoon - I told them to send someone that could actually diagnose the problem this time instead of taking a guess... I really don't mean to be rude but really.... how hard is it if that is your business and you do it everyday. Washing machines are not that complicated. I can not afford to play the guessing game with them so I guess I felt I had to be extremely firm :mad:

Food was pretty good this weekend and DH and I went to the gym for a cycling class so that was a good thing. We did not make it to see a movie and I did not make it to a knitting class or my knitting group but over all it was a nice weekend.

Kim: I don't blame you one little bit. I would break just about anything for a real Maine Lobster LOL... enjoy!

Cherry: I know how you feel and what you are going thru... I was way down, then ended up gaining it all back - don't give up... just don't give up!

All: Have a great day!

Itryharder
10-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Turtles, :grouphug:
So good to hear from so many of us!

KimL, The black bean burgers weren't anything special, a pain to make and three points to boot. :chef: Honestly I made them for my dh since he likes them and then he wasn't in the mood. Ugh! LOL Instead of doing a crockpot dish, I made a huge salad and placed some 3points of chicken on top. Brought it in a cooler to my dd's house for after our grandson's soccer game. As it turned out, everyone was beat, no one wanted to go out for dinner, so we went home. I ate my salad at home on the early side, then had a bowl of veggie soup later that night. All's well, etc.
On the other hand, I am envious of the Maine lobster that you're having. Yummy! My absolute favorite shellfish. Have fun in Plattsburgh!

Life4evr, 1 slice of pizza and a salad rocks! :chef: That's the way to make changes in what we've always done to get our weight down. Good for you.

Lauren, so good to hear from you. Sorry about your mil and the wheelchair. It's good your dh can help her out, but it must be tough to just see him on the weekends. Here's to fast healing. :goodvibes: I've been admiring the changing fall leaves here and I'm sure your trip to the Adirondacks was great. you've got your weight on the run. I know you'll do this! It's the tricky part of friends and socializing and family, etc. that in the long run really do make up our lives and that's what I'm trying to do now-----figure out how to lose weight and live my life. :idea:

Bandit, I give you credit taking care of your house and your trailer. Lots of maintenance. Raking leaves, etc. is a lot of work but it's also really good exercise. WEigh to go! Glad your friend could visit, you did sooooo well weight wise and she even planted a garden for you. :exercise:

Peanutt, you and I are thinking alike for Halloween treats. I found mini bags of pretzels and that's what we're giving out for Halloween. We've done this for several years now and the kids seem to like them. In the far past, I can't tell you how many times we'd buy Halloween candy and have to buy it again and again before the big day! Hey, I love your "no longer morbidly obese" tagline. Good for you! :goodscale:

Princess, good luck with your bathroom remodel. I've got my fingers crossed for you. :goodvibes: And yeah, the washing machine charge was very high in my opinion-----especially since it's not fixed. Ugh. Good luck with the new repair. My dh and I still do mystery parties----we've got a busy year round schedule at this point: annual Halloween party, Thanksgiving here, Christmas Eve, Day, New Year's Eve and Day, St. Patty's party, many birthdays, summer luau, and then interspersed among those events we have about three themed mystery parties. It's fun, but sometimes I would like to catch my breath and that doesn't happen. Our next mystery party has a theme of a wedding and we've made good progress with that. I'm thinking of having it the Sat. of Thanksgiving weekend. I'll have to see how that works out with my family. I love that you're cycling and are with a knitting group. It's good to get out of the house other than work. How does the baby blanket look?
How exciting!

Cherry, yeah-----we've all been there. When I had young ones, it was very difficult to lose weight and I feel for you. Maybe if you focus on one thing and do it well you'll get your inspiration back. You can do this and we're all pulling for you. I don't think there is a person on this site who would say it's easy. As a matter of fact, I'm sure there isn't. But you and I and all the Turtles keep on keepin' on. We're all sending you :goodvibes:

I worked very hard on my food and points this week so far and I am hopeful for a good WI. It's raining here, so I'll need to get on the :tread:
for exercise. Tonight I'm going to my women's group and my friend asked me to go out with her for dinner, so I will. Next time I'll invite her here for dinner since she's a Weight Watcher. Wish I had thought of that right away. I'll get a salad and chicken and call it a day. That should be fine. Then the group has delicious desserts, but I am able to have a sliver here and there and hopefully she'll have fruit and that'll work and I have Tuesday to shake off anything else. Gotta run----have a great day!
Judy
234.6/191.8/170's by Halloween! :cool:

alliez
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
It has been awhile since I have been able to get on the computer and check on everyone! Sounds like a lot of losing has been happening! That is awesome! High School football playoffs have started around here so that is keeping me busy. My BF coaches in the town we live in and I teach at a school about 30 mins away and both schools are in playoffs. It is great, but keeps me on the road a lot! My sister and brother in law are remodling a house so we spent most of the weekend painting. I am ready for them to get moved in! The walking has trailed off a bit last week..only got in 12 miles. We will see what this week brings! Keep up the good work everyone!

Princess1122
10-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well, the bathroom is gone... LOL - kind of a creepy room now actually. It is going to be a long two weeks but it is do-able. Went to the gym last night, one of the great things about not having a bathroom - cuz we have to go now to shower, walked on the treadmill and rode the bike for a while then took a shower and went to Subway for supper. Very tired today as I did not sleep well last night at all, not sure why.

Today they are coming to look at the washer again... I have to leave work at 3:30 to go and meet the tech - :bomb: Should be interesting.

Bandit: It feels good to get the stuff done for winter - the whole leaf raking thing is a pain in the butt but it is feels good when you do it for the last time - glad you got your trailer done and the gardens, etc. How are you doing this week?

Allie: Good to hear from you - you sound super busy - have a great time with your schools sports activities!

Judy: Wow - you keep so busy, I am so impressed with you and your DH parties, walks, family time, etc. What a wonderful balance you have found in life. The blanket came out nice - not as wonderful as I had hoped but it looked pretty good - I put it in a pretty gift bag with lots of tissue paper and gave it to them. They both seemed to like how it came out and said it will come in handy - I am sure that they don't see the imperfections of my knitting as much as I do... LOL.

I have to run but have a great day all!

KimL1214
10-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Princess1122~ What are you having done to your bathroom? New tiling, tub..? Good luck with that tech today!!!

alliez~ I love watching football games!!! How far into the playoffs are they?

Itryharder~ Awesome job with the soup and salad! How were the desserts last night? That's neat that you have a friend also doing Weight Watchers!

I brought half of the lobster to school for lunch yesterday, and while it was super yummy, I don't want anymore. A little weird, yes... but I haven't had any meat except for that in over a week and for some reason, I just don't want any more. I told my parents this morning that they could finish it off for lunch. I had my WI at school today for our Biggest Loser Competition and I was psyched to see a 3lb. drop from last week! I always feel like a good loss helps give me a kick in the butt and motivates me more. I'm actually excited to get to the gym this afternoon!

Princess1122
10-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Kim: That is fabulous news that you are down 3 lbs! Great job! I know what you mean... nothing motivates like a great day at the scales... LOL - I need one of those... We are having a full bathroom remodel, they came yesterday and ripped it all out, all the way down to the studs, so there is no walls, no tub, no sink or cabinets, not even really a floor, nothing... except a toilet which they will put back in each night that they can because we only have one bathroom. I have waited a really long time for this remodel so am super excited. Have a great day and enjoy the gym!

bandit2
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess- sounds like we have the same weather most of the time, funny with me being so far away. Great you are making it to the gym for cycling and staying on track with your menu. Hope you bathroom reno isn't driving you too crazy. That is major upheaval, for sure.

Cherry - Just keep at it and do your best, good luck.

Kim - weekend was spent catching up around house/yard and my dd came home so got to spend some time with her. Nice weekend overall.
Congrats on such a fabulous weigh loss - you rock!

Judy - Good luck at your weigh in. You are doing great with staying focussed and planning ahead. That is key for all of us.

Alliez - busy gal, great you are still getting in your walks even if it is less than you are used to, it all adds up.

All - hope everyone is staying on track and drinking some extra water!

I have been getting in some extra walking at lunch and staying on track with my menu. On Sunday, I cooked up lots of things to have on hand - I find that makes meals so much easier & no excuses for picking up fast food.
Doesn't get any faster than opening my fridge and having point-friendly meals all set to go.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Itryharder
10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't know what happened, but I just lost two messages---both long and I can't write again. Weighed in today and it was great. Down 2.6#and I'm back in the 180's. I'll try and write again today.
Judy
234.6/189.2/170's by Halloween :cool:

alliez
10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Just a quick minute to check in before heading to the conference volleyball tournament. Went to WI tonight, down 2.6!

Kim - nice job on the 3lb loss!
Itry - We think alike this week! 2.6 must be the magic number!

Isn't the felling wonderful when you WI and see the results!
Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Itryharder
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Alliez, Weigh to go! :goodscale: :bravo: :dancer: :dance: :carrot:
2.6# is the magic number this week!

Just back from an evening meeting at Weight Watchers. They had successful WW's speak. 1 1/2hours of inspiration did me a lot of good. Guess what they said? Attend meetings, track, exercise, and don't give up!!!!!! Just what we're doing . We're the greatest.
Judy
234.6/189.8/170's by Halloween :cool:

Princess1122
10-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all.

Well, the washing machine's pump is bad (just like I thought) so the guy put out old electronic unit back in so that we do not have to pay for a part that was not needed and will come back later today to put in the new pump plus drop a refund for the difference in the cost. I hope this takes care of it!

It sure is time consuming not having a bathroom... LOL - but, on the bright side, it gets me to the gym every single day! Did the aqua fit glass last night, it was nice and the water was not overly cold... it was still cold but bearable.

A huge, HUGE congrats to Judy and Allie on their 2.6! and another Huge congrats to Bandit for all of the prep work that she has done and exercise that you are getting in.

I am going to try and get in some walks at work also - up and down the halls as the building that I work in is huge - the main halls are at least 1/4 mile long - I have had to work thru my lunches to make up for leaving early to meet the repair man but tomorrow I don't so there is an opportunity! Every little bit counts. Judy - thanks for sharing the story about the speaker that you had... sometimes I think we forget... it is just that simple, I guess we are the ones that make it hard... LOL.

I have to run... busy day!

KimL1214
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Princess1122~ Ugh, how annoying with your washing machine! Have a great day!

Itryharder~ Congrats on 2.6!!! That's awesome that you're back in the 180s!!!

alliez~ Congrats on 2.6!!!

bandit2~ Great job prepping with food! I really need to get on top of that...

So last minute my mom calls and needs me to cook dinner as she wasn't feeling well. My dad has to eat before 6 because of medical issues, so I had to postpone the gym until after dinner. I made some amazing roasted potatoes and squash with some stuff portobello caps (WW recipe), and then completely destroyed all the good I had done. A friend of mine called in hysterics, needing to meet somewhere and talk. She chose a restaurant... and bought dessert. I was afraid if I turned down the dessert that she would take it the wrong way and get even more hysterical. I tried to explain that I was trying to lose weight, and she just said, "please eat ice cream with me." Ugh. I don't usually eat chocolate and we each had a brownie sundae... I felt so sick afterwards that I don't think I will be indulging in any sundaes for a LONG time.

I'm hoping the weather clears so we can get in our hike this afternoon, if not, then we'll hit the gym...

Happy Hump Day everyone!

bandit2
10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone:

Alliez - Nice loss!

Judy - I find motivational speakers really help and you come away feeling
recomitted. You are doing great, keep it going!

Princess - hope your washing machine troubles are over. Some things are so
buggy and I get frustrated when things don't work properly. Getting to the gym is great and the aquafit sounds fun. All your exercise will help at the scales.

Kim - sounds like you have lots going on. Nice you can help your parents and friend. Tough call on the dessert - I know how you feel, we've all given in to temptations along the way. Hope your friend is feeling better.

I got in a total of 3 miles yesterday and stayed on track, so feel good about that. Tonight going to dinner with my new book club & since most had problems getting designated book, this time we will just talk about a favoritie we have read. Next month's book is House Rules by Jodi Picoult and hopefully I can get it read on time.
I went online to check out the menu & am planning on having the salmon, so looking forward to that.

All - hope you are having a great week & good luck at the scales!

Itryharder
10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Princess, hope they repaired your washing machine. Glad they kept the part that didn't need replacing and hopefully you'll have a fully functioning machine soon. Hey, it's Wed. and you're halfway into the week without a bathroom. You're getting there. And :cheer: for getting in your exercise and :swim:

KimL, wow, your friend really put you on the spot. Having to eat dessert is really painful. Hopefully she won't do that again anytime soon. You're doing great, so just move on! You're a good girl to help out your folks so much. Keep up the good work!

Bandit, I bet you'll really like your book club. I like mine. We've been meeting for several years now and I like it so much. We meet for lunch at a restaurant and talk about our families and the book. Very enjoyable. A chance to dress up in more than jeans and have lunch out. I love the dedication I hear coming from you. Yay! :cheers:

All goes well here. My weight loss for this "year" is just under 8#. I needed to crank up my focus a bit and I'm doing that now. This weekend will be tough with all the delicious food at the party but my plan is to fill half my plate with salad and then have snippets of the other foods which are pretty much all fattening. I did that last year and it worked. In the past I have lost 15-20# from 9/1-12/31. However, last year I wasn't focused and didn't lose an ounce. I am promising myself to do much better than that this year.
Gotta run----

Good luck and :bravo: to all the Turtles!!!!!!
Judy

KimL1214
10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Itryharder~ Sounds like you have a great plan for this weekend!

bandit2~ Great job checking out the menu ahead of time and planning ahead!

The weather improved yesterday and my co-worker and I hiked. We chose to take the trail up this time versus the road and we both spent most of our time on our hands trying not to end up on our faces as the trail was crazy muddy. I didn't get any pics of the trail, but here are some pics of the view from the top and the road down...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Philo/2010243.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Philo/2010246.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/Philo/2010255.jpg

Work tonight, trying to figure out what I'll eat for dinner as I didn't plan far enough ahead the week...

bandit2
10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - great you are planning ahead for the party. That helps when you can visualize what you are going to pick. You have done great, keep doing what you have been doing & you will do well.

Met with my book club, nice bunch of ladies and kept to my pre-selection at dinner (salmon & grilled veggies) skipped the rice since I had pretty big lunch.
I didn't even open the menu since that would be tempting to selection something else. Most of the ladies had chicken wings or the sliders with swee potatoe fries & boy, it looked good. But my dinner was delicious & I was quite content afterwards. So I felt good about going out & socializing and staying on track.

Tonight I have my Tops and hoping to be down at the scales. Tonight is halloween so again, temptation of candy which I was surpirsed they said we could hand out to other members. At lunch I am going to pickup something
that is point-friendly for a treat.

Everyone - happy Thursday!

CherryAutumn
10-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Kim- Those pics are beautiful!:) It reminds me of where my grandma lives in Pennsylvania. I guess you are kinda in that direction. Love the fall in the mountains. Great job on the 3 pounds down

Alliez and Judy - Wow on the 2.6 down. I wish i could say i had done as well.

Princess, Bandit, Lins, Peanutt, Life4evr(sp?) - Hello to all the other turtles. Just keep on keepin' on.:hug:

It seems like when i try to lose weight i gain instead. I am going to just keep trying. Right now i am at 241.6:o:?::dizzy:

Princess1122
10-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone... just a quick flyby on my lunch time... crazy busy day here today. Washing machine is fixed... yah! On the down side... we are having a couple of other issues that have come up along with the remodel... a bad main water value and a water heater that is acting up, the heater is only a few years old so I am not really in the mood for it's crap but we do what we have to... have a great day all and best wishes to Bandit tonight on her W/I!!!!

Itryharder
10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
KimL, great photos. I think it was worth the muddy hike to get those views. Nice to have beauty in our lives. :idea:

Bandit, here's to a :goodscale: tonight! Wow, your TOPS group is interesting. I think it's kind of tempting to have Halloween candy at the meeting. Ugh. Good for you for finding something point friendly.

Cherry, keep on keepin' on. When you make an effort to lose weight, does the side of you that likes to rebel get the upper hand? Or is it the idea of thinking about food all the time that sets you up? You might try sitting down the night before once the kiddies are in bed and planning and writing down your meals and snacks for the next day. Then you could follow your plan and not think about food at any other time. I'm trying to help, so please take this with a grain of salt. :grouphug: We all :love: you.

Princess, ugh! about the water main and especially the heater. That stinks--:goodvibes: that it can all be fixed at the least expense to you and dh. At least you've got the washing machine back in action.

Good day yesterday. Even though I was tired, I got on the :tread:. My weight hasn't changed at all, but at least I'm holding onto my loss. Yay!
Just finished cleaning downstairs for the party. I'll have to do a quick run-through of the bedrooms later, but I'm too tired now. You all have a great weekend and Halloween!
Judy

bandit2
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone:

Just a quick note. At lunch when I was looking for some point-friendly halloween treats for tonight, I seen "Jolly Time Low Fat Popcorn" with WW points printed on box. I have never seen this before. Just to let you know.
2 points

KimL1214
10-28-2010, 10:18 PM
bandit2~ I'll have to look for that popcorn next time I shop! Great job with your book club dinner! I would have been tempted had I looked at the menu as well! How did your weigh in go?

CherryAutumn~ :hug:You can do this! Don't give up:hug: Yeah, we're a little north of Pennsylvania, but I bet it's beautiful this time of year there as well.

Princess1122~ Good to hear your washer is finally fixed, booooo on the water heater though, ugh.

Itryharder~ Good job with the cleaning you got in! Awesome holding onto your loss!!! Some weeks I just hope to see nothing (gain or loss), so I know how good it can feel to sometimes just stay the same, as well as sometimes disappointing.

Work was luckily a little busier tonight then it has been the past few nights I have been there. I did splurge a little and had some pasta and garlic bread when I first got there, but it was much better then waiting until 8 or 9 to eat, as I know I walked off at least half of it throughout the night. Waitressing has the downfall of always being around food, but the bonus of constantly walking and lifting heavy trays. If I could keep myself away from the food, I'd be doing pretty well! Too bad I have a minor addiction to food, eh? I'm looking forward to a great weekend with my sisters! I'll probably get on a couple times tomorrow, but after that I'll be MIA for a few days. No worries, I'm going to try my best not to lose control while I'm with them. Hard part will be that both of my sisters are plus sized also and while they b*tch about their weight, they're not trying to do anything about it and will eat anything they want. They both know I'm trying though, so maybe they will take that into consideration when it comes time to decide on places to eat and food to cook. We'll see...

bandit2
10-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi turtles:

I was down 2# last night at my Tops meeting. I found some chocolate marshmallow witches broom treats for 90 cal each & took those. Almost everyone dressed up, so was fun night overall.

Kim - have fun with your sisters this weekend, sometimes it is hard when you are surrounded with lots of tempting goodies, just try and make a better choice most of the time. We all need little indulgences along the way or we would probably just fall off the wagon for good.

Princess - hope you are still coping with your reno, that will be so nice when finished.

Judy - I know you are doing great, you are our rock!

All - have a great weekend.

Weather permitting - I will be raking more leaves, no shortage there.
But not complaining - better than shovelling snow!

Itryharder
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Bandit, :goodscale: :bravo: :dance: :dancer: :carrot: :tread: :exercise:
Wow! Another two pounds. Wowsie! You said you were exercising and watching what you ate and it really showed. Yay! You are on a roll.

Mowed the lawn today and then got on the :tread: for 1/2hour. It's not as much fun as the boardwalk, but it'll do the trick as far as exercise. I also break a sweat on the treadmill, but not at the beach. I am determined to do well this weekend. I have to get this weight off!
Judy

life4evr
10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I lost a post. Anyway hope everyone is well. I am not really on program, so I am just kind of hanging out. I am trying to get back on track, just not there yet.

Itryharder
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Life4evr, smart of you to post and chime in. It's always good to hear from you. :goodvibes: to getting right back on track.
Judy

Princess1122
10-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

I was so busy at work yesterday that I never did get a chance to sign on - I was down .2 at w/i - I will take it since it was not a gain! They did a pitch in at TOPS this week, everyone brought a point friendly dish along with the recipe. It was nice to get new ideas since it is easy to be bored with the same old dishes all the time.

We have to get up and get moving this morning, they are going to start to do the tile today so we need to kind of get out of the house for the day and most of the night too... will be staying with my DS and DIL then will come home tomorrow - we are going to take a drive south today to a place called Nashville, IN - it is a wonderful older village with lots of shops, etc. A beautiful place in the fall. They we will come on home, pack up the dogs and head to DS.

Judy: Best wishes for your party!

Banidt: Fantastic job on the loss!

Kim: Great job on eating earlier in the evening!

Life: Hope you are doing well!

Cherry: Take care of yourself and have a nice weekend, Judy gives great adivse!

I have to run... lots to do and we need to be out of here early this morning!

life4evr
10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. I have managed to stay on my eating plan mostly I had a run in with a king size hershey almond that cost me ten points, who knew it was ten whole points. But I tracked it and recovered with even a few points still left for the snacking I will probably do later. My weigh in is tomorrow so I shall see how that goes. Everyone have a good evening.

CherryAutumn
10-30-2010, 06:46 PM
To answer your question Judy i think it is a little of both. I do rebel and think i want to eat what i want to eat but then i also am constantly fighting myself throughout the day when i feel like eating constantly.

peanutt
10-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Just a quick check in with my WI for the week - I'm down 2.8lbs for the week. Lots of temptation with Halloween candy around the office, at friends' houses, even at the front counter of the Y! I've avoided it all, except for 1 coffee crisp mini bar. I'm counting this as a serious victory because my DH and I used to eat so much Halloween junk!

life4evr
10-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Hope everyone had a good sunday. Well i have learned that I am never doing really doing as bad as I think. I weighed today and was down 2.5#. Which was good.

Had another learning experience so small french fry at burger king is the same number of points for a tendergrill chicken sandwhich without mayo. Probably should have checked that out first before I ate them, but now I know.

Hope everyone has a good day. Off to visit grandma in the hospital.

bandit2
10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi turtles:

WOW, what a group! Everyone is doing great this week.

Peanut/Life - congrats!!!

Happy Halloween!

Princess1122
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

It has turned very cold here so I had to dig the winter coat out... It is a very sleepy Monday for me but with lots to do at work today there is no time to be tired. The weekend was not so good on eating but I did get a cycle class in. The remodel crawls on, will be very glad to have my own bathroom back but over all it has not been too bad.

Congrats to all of those that lost on their last W/I and chin up to those that are struggling!

I have to run but have a great day everyone!

CherryAutumn
11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Still here and trying to make a fresh start today.:carrot: Everyone is doing great and really dropping the weight this past weigh in. I am proud of everyone.:D

Princess1122
11-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Morning everyone - I only have time for a very quick hello - we had to pack up the dogs and an over night bag and go to a friends house last night since they are laying tile on the floor - very tired, did not really sleep at all last night, strange house and bed and all that.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!

KimL1214
11-02-2010, 09:44 AM
CherryAutumn~ How are you doing?

Princess1122~ Getting pretty cold here too!

life4evr~ Congrats on 2.5lbs!!!

peanutt~ Congrats on 2.8lbs!!!

bandit2~ :wave:

Itryharder~ How are you doing?

Had a great weekend with my sisters! I didn't eat as On Plan as I had hoped, but still much better then I would have a year ago.
Something's going on with my stomach, shooting pains... Not sure what's going on, but I'm not feeling so hot. I'm supposed to hike with my co-worker this afternoon, so I'm hoping to feel better soon so I can get up that mountain!!!

Itryharder
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Turtles,
We have gotten very long in this thread. So much success is really encouraging! See you all at #242 Bale of Turtles Facing the Holidays With Smarts!
Judy
234.6/189.2/170's by Thanksgiving! :cool: